These granola bars could be your new favorite recipe. In less time than it takes to read this post, you can have a batch of your own homemade protein bars prepared and ready to consume. Feel free to change up the flavor to match your mood. Chocolate, vanilla, chai, caramel, cookies’n cream…
What flavor to make these bars is YOUR choice!
Only a few ingredients are needed, all of which can be found in regular grocery stores.
3 Minute Protein Granola Bars
(Makes 10-12 bars)
Inspired by: Peanut Butter Homemade Protein Bars
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats or rolled oats (120g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or cashew butter (Nut-Free Version: use Sunbutter) (120g)
- 1/2 cup agave or honey (Use agave if serving to vegans, as honey is technically not vegan) (120g)
- 2/3 cup protein powder of choice – have fun with different flavors! (70g)
- handful mini chocolate chips, optional
Stir all ingredients together until well-mixed. Transfer the mixture to a 9×14 pan lined with parchment or wax paper. (For thicker bars than the ones shown, you can use an 8×8 pan.) Place another sheet of parchment or wax over the top and continue to smush down and spread until it fills the bottom of the pan. Freeze until hard, then cut into bars. For optimum freshness, store leftover bars in the freezer for up to a month.
Link of the Day: Cheesecake Strawberry Muffins