Chocolate Banana Bread in a Bowl

Banana Chocolate Blender Cereal: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/09/03/chocolate-banana-bread-bowl/

New favorite breakfast!!

If you like banana bread, there’s a good chance you’ll fall completely in love with this rich chocolatey breakfast bowl. The entire recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make, and you might already have all of the ingredients!

For more healthy breakfast recipes: Chocolate-Covered Katie: Over 50 Healthy Breakfast Recipes

healthy banana recipes

Spellchecker is trying to convince me that “chocolatey” is not a real word.

Stupid spellchecker. What does it know?

Smile with tongue out

Chocolate Banana Breakfast Pudding: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/09/03/chocolate-banana-bread-bowl/

Chocolate Banana Bread in a Bowl

Adapted from Banana Blender Cereal

• 1 peeled banana, as ripe as possible
  • 1 cup flake cereal (such as bran or corn flakes)
  • scant 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 cup milk of choice
  • tiny pinch salt
  • 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • sweetener of choice, to taste
  • optional peanut butter, chocolate chips, walnuts, coconut, etc.

Blend all ingredients thoroughly. Garnish as desired. It will get much thicker if you refrigerate at least 10 minutes before eating. (In the summer months, I like to use a frozen banana.)

View Chocolate Banana Cereal Nutrition Facts

Chocolate Banana Bread in a Bowl

P.S. These pictures were taken with my iphone. :)

Question of the Day:

Do you have a current favorite breakfast?

Healthy Nanaimo Bars

Link of the Day: Raw Mint Chocolate Crème Filled Bars

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1. This looks so good! Oh my goodness, I never have even thought of blending cereal like this, so cool. And chocolatey most definitely should be a word.

2. Mariam says:

Hi Katie! I was just wondering if you would mind sharing the brand of cereal that you prefer for the recipes like this. Thanks! :)

1. I have used Arrowhead Mills spelt flakes in the past, and they work well. More recently, I have used Whole Foods bran flakes.

3. OatmealOdyssey says:

This looks amazing! I am definitely trying this ASAP!!!

4. Cassie says:

Green smoothie bowls <3 UGH so delicious!

5. Cassie says:

Green smoothie bowls with tons of fruit and kale! I top mine with nuts and berries as well!!!

6. Shannon says:

This looks great! It would be perfect to take on the go to school. I love your breakfast cookie dough recipe, and this seems somewhat similar. Thanks!

7. Candice says:

I’ve made your breakfast cookie dough before, I’ll have to try this one with the added chocolate, couldn’t hurt right? 😀
    I love all sweet breakfast foods, its hard to pick a favorite, but lately I’ve been stuck on cinnamon-type things (perhaps because fall is in the air!). I really wanted to make your carrot cake waffle this morning, but I was out of carrots, so I settled on your “healthy waffle” recipe instead. Of course I threw in a bunch of cinnamon… yum!

8. Dawn L says:

Katie – this is amazing!!! I had to make it as soon as I saw it. I did not have flake cereal on hand so I used an organic coconut chia granola cereal. It gave it a crunch, but I like that texture. Super yummy! Thanks for another wonderful way to eat chocolate and not feel guilty!
    Dawn

1. Thank you for trying it! I think you’re the first! :)

9. Great pictures and fun idea, to blend the cereal like that! Never thought of it either.
    BTW, hope your arm has healed by now and is well again!
    My favourite breakfast currently is a buckwheat muffin (unsweetened, kind of bread roll) with natural style peanut butter and pickles.

1. Thanks! It is *mostly* healed :)

1. Oh, good :) Get completely healed soon!

10. Hailey says:

That looks delicious. I will have to try it. My current favorite breakfast is whole wheat toast and scrambled eggs with bell pepper, sea salt, pepper, turkey and cheese. Yum!

11. Kim W says:

Thank You!
    Now I have three cck recipes to try for my birthday!
    1. Easy Cheesecake
    2. Birthday Cake
    2. Banana- bread in a bowl
    Happy Birthday to me!

1. Heather says:

Happy Birthday!! :)

12. Russell says:

What gluten free cereals would work with this? The only thing that comes to mind is Rice Chex or Corn Chex, but I’m open to alternatives.

1. Or corn flakes, as mentioned above. I believe the ones by Nature’s Path are gluten-free, but I’m not 100% sure so it’s best to check! I think Erowon makes gf cereals as well…

2. Heidi says:

I am going to try this tomorrow morning, and I plan to use my GF puffed brown rice. I might add a little more than the 1 cup to make up for the difference in density, but I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t work.

1. Jennifer says:

Let us know how it turns out. I don’t have any flaked cereal either, but I do have crispy rice cereal and I was curious to see if it would work

1. Heidi says:

It worked great! I used 1 1/4 cup of crispy brown rice cereal, then popped in the refrigerator for about 20 mins and it came out a thick pudding-like consistency (which I am assuming is what it should be).

1. Jennifer says:

I’m so glad it worked. I will have to try it tomorrow morning.

13. I use chocolatey all the time and it tries to correct it to chocolaty, which just looks odd even though it’s probably correct! I’ll be making this for my kids tomorrow; they love chocolate and bananas together…

14. Kyla @ Two Cups Cacao says:

Oh my gosh. I’ve been thinking about breakfast, and I feel so lucky that I haven’t yet. Imagine it: I was about to have cold cereal! I’m going to make this today, thank you for posting!

P.S: I simply do not believe these photos were photographed with an iPhone. That’s a lie!

15. I bet if you added a pinch of baking soda you could actually cook that into a bread. I might have to try that!

16. Now that’s what I call breakfast – yum! I wouldn’t mind having it for dessert as well 😀

17. Sabrina says:

This just might be added to our list of favorite breakfasts! Currently, the favorite in our house (even among the kids and husband!) is your breakfast cookie dough. Somehow it is became known as blended cereal in our house and everyone looks forward to having it on the weekends when everyone is here together for breakfast.

18. Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy says:

Banana bread in a bowl! I’ve never seen a recipe like this.

19. Karin says:

This looks so yummy, I was wondering it would work with these two changes as I never have milk or cereal in the house:

* replace the milk with Yoghurt
    * replace cereal with Oats

Would I need to make changes to the measurements?
    Thank you for the great reciepes, I love all the oat ones!