Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Healthy Oatmeal Recipes

29 healthy oatmeal recipes, to add excitement to your daily breakfast routine: @choccoveredkt https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/category/oatmeal-recipes/

Healthy Oatmeal Recipes

(Or change it up by trying any of these healthy oatmeal recipes with a different grain!)

1. Peanut Butter Cup Baked Oatmeal
  2. Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
  3. Baked Oatmeal for One
  4. Banana Oatmeal Recipe (Katie Favorite)
  5. Breakfast Oatmeal Cupcakes To-Go
  6. Brownie Batter Chocolate Overnight Oats
  7. Sugar Cookie Oatmeal
  8. Never-Ending Oatmeal Bowl
  9. Frappuccino Oatmeal
  10. 5-Minute Chocolate Oatmeal
  11. Overnight Oats – 5 New Recipes  (Reader Favorite)
  12. Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
  13. Crockpot Oatmeal
  14. Melted Banana Trick
  15. Peanut Butter Breakfast Pudding
  16. Blueberry Muffin in a Bowl
  17. Voluminous Oatmeal Trick
  18. Oatmeal-Raisin Pudding
  19. Snickerdoodle Oatmeal
  20. Kozyshack-style Oatmeal Pudding
  21. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Oatmeal
  22. Chocolate Mudslide Oatmeal

chocolate covered email button

Reader Interactions

144 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Anna Banana says

Hey, your hot fudge oatmeal isn’t on here. I just spent about 15 minutes looking for the recipe (and found it). But it would be great if you were able to update the recipe lists because it’s always a bummer if I forget to bookmark each one individually. Thanks!

2. Anna Banana says

3. Nicole Wilson says

Hi. I am so excited to try these oatmeal recipes! I saw someone mentioned a pumpkin oatmeal…is there a recipe for that somewhere? I would love, love, love that! Thanks!

4. Nicole Wilson says

5. teresa says

one of my favorite ways to eat oatmeal is with a poached egg or 2 mixed in with salt and pepper. Maybe add a little bacon. YUM

6. teresa says

7. Katherine says

Oh my gooosh ! Katie I love these recipies and you for making them, especially the chocolate oatmeal ones. They kind of remind me of what we call in the Philippines, chomporado ,which main ingredients are; Tablea (which is basically bakers chocolate sort of), sticky rice , coconut milk, sugar, and sometimes a little vanilla. Recently I made a healthier version using brown rice instead of sticky rice and stevia instead of sugar..and it is still SOOO good. So now you kind of inspired me to use oatmeal for at try! Thanks a bunch and keep posting awesome recipies!

8. Katherine says

9. Jill says

I can’t stop eating peanut butter bfast pudding!! Soooo yummy. I love blending the oats. I bought a baby bullet to purée my 5 month olds fruits and veggies but it’s being used to try your recipes more than anything! Yum

10. Jill says

11. Nikki says

Thank-you for forever changing my life for the better. This trick makes the world a better place to live. I always find that the 1/2 cup serving of oats to be so measly.
    I usually bulk up my oats with a bunch of chopped fruit and berries, and usually mix in a mashed banana often with cocoa powder or peanut flour, Amazing Grass, Protein powder or even pudding instead of the banana. This trick however will further increase my oaty indulgence!! I am forever grateful!
    One thing I have found too, is that oat bran actually makes a greater yield than rolled or quick oats. I like to vary my ‘oatmeal’ too by using oat bran, quick oats, rolled oats, barley flakes, steel cut oats, oat groats…. Once you get going with the oatmeal ideas it’s near impossible to stop… but heck, that’s not a bad thing is it!
    Oh yeah, I also like my oatmeal cold. I usually cook it up, then spread it over a plate in a thin layer and stick it in the fridge or freezer, that way I don’t have to wait long for my oats to get cold, and if I keep a banana in the fridge, then mixing that in keeps things cold too! My next ideas to try are using applesauce instead of the mashed banana, and stewed rhubarb.
    Oh yeah, I also just saw this on the Hungry-Girl website (I saw your’s first!), but noticed that she recommends to use 2 cups liquid to 1/2 cup oats…. do you think this would be too runny? I like my oats really thick! And will this trick work with any kind of oats (Quick, old fashioned rolled, steel-cut etc.)?

12. Nikki says

13. Oatmeal lover wannabe says

Hi there,

I hope you can give me a suggestion. I absolutely hate the texture of oatmeal, but I don’t mind it when it’s more on the crunchy side. When it’s soft and mushy like baby food, I seriously gag. Can you help me determine what the liquid to oat ratio should be? I use old fashioned oats.

14. Oatmeal lover wannabe says

Hi there,

15. Dick Waskey says

Our favorite way to eat oatmeal is to pour raw oatmeal in a bowl, add chocolate milk, eat.
    Cheap, nutritious and fast…
    The kids like it and it has become a tradition on camping trips especially the wilderness ones…

16. Dick Waskey says

Cheap, nutritious and fast…

17. Larissa says

I tried one of your “boatmeal” recipes this morning using Steel Cut oats instead, and they were still a little too crunchy for me. Do you recommend simply baking a little longer or is more liquid needed? Thanks!

P.S. My sister and I LOVE your blog. I’m completely addicted and am on here multiple times a day trying to decided which recipe to try next. Keep up the amazing work!!

From another chocolate lover!

18. Larissa says

From another chocolate lover!

19. Rachel says

Katie,
    I had my in-laws over for breakfast today, and I made “boatmeals” in little cupcake wrappers. Since I used a muffin pan, each batch made exactly two. I ended up with two of every single flavor! The chocolate chip (with banana) was my favorite. Everyone loved it. Thanks for your recipes 🙂

20. Rachel says

Katie,

21. Silver says

Can you do a carrot cake version?

I made up my own, using minimum water/milk for maximum cake like texture, using grated carrot, chai spice, cinnamon, almonds and pecans, raisins, and honey. Mixed all together, cooled a bit (it gets more cake like texture as it cools) then I topped it with almond butter and pineapple Greek yogurt (like frosting!)

You guys should try it, it’s amazing! (Sub agave and vegan yogurt etc)

22. Silver says

Can you do a carrot cake version?

You guys should try it, it’s amazing! (Sub agave and vegan yogurt etc)