Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two

Chocolate Chip Cookies

There are times when you just need a cookie NOW.

Today’s recipe yields two big cookies, similar in taste and texture to the ones you’d buy at the mall, but much healthier! The cookies come together almost instantly—no stand mixer needed, and no rolling out dozens of cookie dough balls. These are super soft and gooey, straight out of the oven!

Cookies for Two Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Share with a friend, or eat one now and keep the other one for later. There’s nothing like going through the day knowing a soft chocolate chip cookie is waiting for you at home!

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two

Category: Healthy Cookies.

• 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp spelt or all-purpose flour (or 4 tbsp oat flour) (30g)
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • scant 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp coconut sugar (or regular brown sugar)
  • 2 tsp evaporated cane juice (or regular sugar)
  • 3-4 tsp chocolate chips
  • 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp coconut or vegetable oil (14g)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp milk of choice

Preheat a toaster oven to 325 degrees F, or a regular oven to 350, and grease a tray. In a cereal bowl, combine first six ingredients and stir extremely well. Add wet, and stir to form a dough. Break dough into two equal balls (or 4 balls, if you’d prefer smaller cookies), and smush into cookie shapes. Place cookies with some space between them, as they will grow as they cook. Bake 11 minutes in the toaster, or 7-8 minutes in an oven. They should still be a little undercooked when you take them out, so let them sit 5 minutes before removing from the tray.

Click for: Chocolate Chip Cookie Nutrition Information

How to make chocolate chip cookies for two people.

Question of the Day:

Do you have a  favorite “tried and true” chocolate chip cookie recipe?

In terms of how to make chocolate chip cookies, everyone seems to have a different idea about what makes the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Some people like soft cookies, some prefer crispy cookies. Some swear by adding cornstarch to their chocolate chip cookies. I’ve never tried it, but supposedly it makes the cookies extra chewy. For a bigger-batch recipe, I use my recipe for Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies, which yields cookies that are somehow chewy, soft, and crispy all at the same time!

Link of the Day:

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

113 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Kari says

I juuuuuust made these! Wow. How do these cookies taste so buttery with no butter? Made the recipe to a T! I made them with all the unhealthy versions of your ingredients, as that is what I had on hand. Now I have a gorgeous, tasty cookie for my lunch too! Really, just perfect!

2. Nao says

Hello
    First of all I want to thank you for all the amazing recipes! First time commenting but I’ve been a fan for a while now!
    I have a simple question. When a recipe calls for fractions of teaspoons (like with baking soda), how do you measure it?
    I never knew how to do it properly so I take random guesses. I’ve got the hang of it for cupcakes, but I think cookies require more precision!

• Naoko says

Hello again. Sorry for the dumb question, I live in Japan and I didn’t realise our measuring spoons were different from those in the US!
      I will try converting the amounts into grams.
      When I make them they taste great but they always turn out cakey. I don’t know if it’s too little fat or too much baking soda… Love the recipe though. Thanks!

3. Jenelle says

I found this recipe last week and have since made it at least 5 times. So, thank you from me (and my husband, when I feel like sharing), but not so much my waistline! 😉

4. Agnes says

Just made these today, using spelt flour, coconut sugar, and almond oil. Great recipe, I love that you have so many recipes for one person, it really helps when you live on your own and don’t want to have to make 20 cookies or muffins every time you want just one!

5. Cindy says

So, I wanted something sweet but portion controlled. Well, the batter was amazing…I wasn’t sure if they would even make it in the oven, but I was able to control myself:) They just came out of the oven and I’m letting them cool before diving in…I’m sure they will be just as good as the dough:) Thanks for another great recipe Katie!

6. Josephine Sharpe says

These are delicious, I make them often, perfect portion control for those lacking will power! Love the single lady cupcakes as well. Thanks Katie!

7. Liat says

Wow-great tasting cookies. I tripled the amounts , and obviously should have done more!
    I think next time I’ll cut the sugar a bit since they came out very sweet.
    Thanks!

8. curlyfroyo says

This was absolutely perfect! I got my sweet tooth out of the way without risking needing a cookie monster exorcism lol and since it was so good i only needed one. Btw I used whole wheat flour bc thats all i had from the food co-op, the dough was a bit more crumbly/harder to form balls but that did not reflect in the final product, thank goodness. Whole wheat flour also didn’t spread out so next time I will flatten them out more manually before baking. I used natural sweetener and brown sugar mix 50/50(i like nectresse), unsweetned vanilla almond milk and opted for coconut oil. This was my first time making a baked good completely from scratch (no short cuts/not from a box). Too excited to make this and catch my future hubby. Thanks!

9. Dana says

Definitely just made these for the 3rd time this week… And I made 8 of them… And I just ate two… Sooo. There’s that.

10. Nathalie says

It’s grey, cloudy and pouring rain outside, I’m stuck writing a horrible chemistry thesis and just finished an intense workout, so I decided to treat myself to a chocolate chip cookie. I wasn’t really expecting much, just wanted a sweet pick-me-up… but Oh My Goodness Katie you’ve outdone yourself again! I’m not even kidding, these were the best chocolate-chip cookies I’ve had in a looong time. I used coconut milk, olive oil, milk chocolate chips and one tsp of vanilla sugar and 1/2 tsp of maple syrup. Served hot straight out the oven with an espresso – Divine! Thanks for making me feel all better again 😀

11. Faith says

I just had a sudden craving for cookie dough and not much time on my hands, so I halved this recipe and whipped up some dough in <5 minutes. I used whole wheat pastry flour, and since my smallest measuring spoon is 1/8 tsp and I wasn't baking anyway, I left out the baking soda and just sprinkled with salt to taste. Satisfied my craving and wasn't too much! Maybe I'll try baking next time haha. Thanks for another winner Katie! (BTW, I had some leftover frosting from a birthday party this weekend so I made a single lady cupcake last night and it was perfect)

12. Emma says

This recipe is AWESOME! I just finished eating both cookies. Mine turned out super thick, soft, and cakey. Delicious, thank you so much!

13. Mary Lee says

I had to Google to learn about Spelt, do you use the whole grain version in your recipes, please and thank you. I am anxious to try several of your recipes.

14. Harriet says

hello! These look great, but I hate firing up the oven for just a small thing like 7 minutes. I guess I could do these before my main meal goes in or something, but would a microwave work for these cookies?

15. Annie says

My husband and I make these several times a week! It’s so perfect for dessert! We love to have a cookie and a glass of wine! Thank you so much for posting single serving options!

16. Kiki says

Katie, I want to tell you I’ve been using this cookie recipe for more than a year. I love its versatility. I’ve doubled, tripled, quadrupled it. I’ve swapped the chocolate chips for dried cranberries, nuts, sprinkles. I’ve added spices for a spice cookie. I’ve made it with powdered ginger and rolled the cookies in panko. I’ve made it with whole milk, soy milk, coconut milk. I’ve made it with all AP flour. Whatever I do, it’s always good. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe that’s good as is and also good as a basic cookie.

5/5

5/5

17. Kiki says

I want to say I use this as a basic cookie recipe. I’ve made so many variations of it, I can’t remember them all and all have been delicious. I’ve made them with sesame seeds and a few drops of sesame seed oil, I’ve made them with ground ginger rolled in panko, I’ve made them with raisins, with cranberries, with nutmeg+cinnamon+allspice as a spice cookie. I’ve used coconut milk, almond milk, cow’s milk, soy drink milk mix. doubled, tripled, quadrupled . . . suffice to say, I love your recipes Katie 🙂

5/5

5/5

18. Luna says

I literally NEVER leave comments on any recipes on the web (too lazy!) but these cookies are BLOWING MY MIND! They turned out SO good. They taste better than any chocolate chip cookie I’ve ever had. THANK YOU!

5/5

5/5

19. Petra says

Thanks for the recipe Katie, these are amazing! 🙂
    I swapped part of the flour to cocoa, it’s like a double chocolate cookie 🙂

20. Marie says

Girl thank you SO MUCH for all the content you make! I finally got off my low calorie diet and have some extra space in my eating budget and these healthy recipes are PERFECT