Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Milkshake

vegan peanut butter milkshake

What did you say?

I’m supposed to write commentary for this post?

I can’t think straight right now, so that might present a problem. All that’s going through my brain is:

peanut butter cookie dough. peanut butter cookie dough. peanut butter cookie dough.

vegan peanut butter shake

Wait, was I saying something?

I lost my train of thought again.

vegan pb shake

PB Cookie Dough Shake

(serves 1)

• 1 frozen large banana, as ripe as possible
  • 1-3 tbsp peanut butter (or another nut butter or sun butter)
  • 2/3 cup milk of choice (For a rich, “ice cream”-like shake, try using full-fat canned coconut milk. Use more or less milk, depending on desired thickness.)
  • pb cookie dough of choice (or try this recipe: healthy PB Cookie Dough Cookies.)
  • Optional: vanilla extract, a pinch of sea salt, chocolate syrup or cocoa powder

Blend everything together until smooth. Over the top, crumble the cookie dough (or the linked recipe).

vegan peanut butter milkshake

The cute straws are from my visit to Fishs Eddy.

As is the milkshake glass. I really wish they’d open one of those stores in Texas. And even my wallet wouldn’t mind; the gorgeous glass was all of $3.50!

No ratings yet.

Published on September 1, 2011

Meet Katie

featured on The
Today Show, CNN,
Fox, The
Huffington Post, and

Learn more about Katie

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

159 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Sapphire says

Why oh why did you have to post this up when I have no bananas in the house! *lol* Well, I know what to add to my shopping list for tonight 🙂

2. Lenna says

Hmm..cheesecake milkshake? Apple cake milkshake? I am probably a bit cake-obsessed :))
    But this smoothie looks so good! Unfortunately I have none of the infredients at home (except for milk) 🙁

3. Kendra says

That. Shake. Looks. Amazing!!!!!! I think a pumpkin-chocolate-brownie milkshake would be delicious as well…Maybe I will have to get in my kitchen and experiment:)

4. Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) says

I think PB cookie dough milkshake sounds like the best thing EVER!! I am getting hungry just LOOKING at it, and I’ve just had lunch! 😛

I am definitely going to make those cookies. And then the milkshake mmmmm… 🙂

5. Erica @ For the Sake of Cake says

I’m really excited to see this recipe because I have bananas that are ripe-as-can be! I’m definitely making this as soon as I get home. How do you think Nutella would be instead of pb?! (It’s my new obsession!)

6. Kathy says

Good milkshake flavors? Chocolate chip cookie milkshake, hot fudge brownie milkshake, coconut & chocolate milkshake, oatmeal & peanut butter milkshake, peaches & plum milkshake (w/ topping, of course ;), banana + almond + chocolate milkshake, cherry almond milkshake, honey + peach milkshake, zucchini bread milkshake(?!), cherry oatmeal milkshake, cherry rhubarb milkshake, pumpkin milkshake, banana + chai milkshake, raspberry + almond + chocolate milkshake, cookies ‘n cream milkshake, red velvet cupcake milkshake…err…honestly, I think I should stop listing now, or else it may get out of control! (I got these from my Recipes board on Pinterest, by the way 😉
    -http://cupcakes-music-fashion.blogspot.com

7. Holly @ The Runny Egg says

This sounds delicious! Since it is so hot outside I love having a smoothie or two each day!

Red Velvet Cake smoothie sounds really good!

8. [email protected] of Sugar Free says

You probably just posted my favorite-peanut butter shake……add some chocolate and it would be even better, right? A reese’s shake…kinda….

If you could somehow make an oreo blizzard (from DQ!), that would be absolutely amazing. It used to be my favorite flavor years ago. Mmmmm….

• Alanna says

Omg, I just made this with 1 T dark cocoa powder and it is seriously amazing. Impossibly thick and creamy, just like the “real” thing (and I used almond milk!). I’d swear the portion seems much bigger than the mint shake, too. Now I’m trying to figure out how to get at the last little bit of shake that is evading me on the bottom of the blender because I can’t possibly part with it down the drain. Will absolutely be making this again!!

9. Lauren says

I am loving this peanut butter series! Dangerous but wonderful! I just need to steal your metabolism….or add a couple hours of exercise per day 🙂

10. Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather says

Oh my gosh I don’t think my brain would be able to think with that too! Those straws are too cute. Very very cute 🙂

11. Moni'sMeals says

Say what…say what…say what!! This has got me, you got me! I am droolin just a tad. Haha!

Great one Katie, I will check it out. Not too different than the one I make too. 🙂

12. Emilia says

All of your milkshakes look (and taste!) fantastic, but this one looks even more ridiculous than usual. I think a strawberries and cream milkshake would taste good, kinda like strawberry shortcake. 🙂

13. Megan says

WOW. This looks SO good!!!! It’s a good thing I froze some ripe bananas yesterday! And I am for any smoothie…all of the one’s you make turn out fantastic anyway!

14. Megan says

WOW. This looks SO good!!!! It’s a good thing I froze some ripe bananas yesterday! And I am for any smoothie…all of the ones you make turn out fantastic anyway!

15. Nikita says

That’s crazy, I just made this in “icecream” form last night for my husband and me! It was amazingly good… I threw in some chocolate chips too! 🙂

16. Jill says

I’ve done your chocolate cake batter milkshake with shredded coconut and some All Bran all in the blender…chocolate cream pie shake!

17. Jenny$1983 says

Oh hell, hell yes…

The flavours you mention sound drool-worthy! I think Mississippi Mud Pie would also make a great flavour – and a healthified version would be incredibly fitting to appear on a Chocolate-Covered healthy dessert blog 🙂

18. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga says

Good milkshake flavors? Well, you seem to be doing just fine on your own there, my dear 🙂

I love the pictures with it just oozing over the top. “Action shots” even though nothing is really happening is such an art with food photography and you nailed these!

And as I said on Jenna’s blog, love you, and so happy to have seen one of your amazing recipes featured on her site!