Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

“3 Minute” High Protein Granola Bars

High protein granola bars – they can be oil-free, flourless, + no high fructose corn syrup!

Easy healthy NO BAKE granola bars - from @choccoveredkt - made with only wholesome ingredients, & kid-friendly. https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/08/11/protein-granola-bars/

pin-it

These granola bars could be your new favorite recipe.

In less time than it takes to read this post, you can have a batch of your own delicious and homemade protein granola bars fully prepared and ready to eat. Feel free to change up the flavor to match your mood.

Chocolate, vanilla, chai, caramel, cookies’n cream…

YOU get to choose the flavor!

3 Minute No Bake Protein Bars: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/08/11/protein-granola-bars/

Only a few ingredients are needed, all of which can be found in regular grocery stores – and you can avoid the unhealthy processed filler ingredients and isolated soy protein so often added to packaged protein bars.

These granola bars need no refrigeration and can be packed into a lunchbox for a healthy snack.

Leftovers are best stored in the freezer, where they will keep for months!

pin-it

3 Minute Protein Granola Bars

Inspired by: Peanut Butter Homemade Protein Bars

“3 Minute” High Protein Granola Bars

Total Time: 3m
Yield: 10-12 bars
Print This Recipe 4.83/5
“3 Minute” High Protein Granola Bars
4.83/56

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups quick or rolled oats (120g)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, peanut butter, or allergy friendly sub
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
  • 2/3 cup protein powder - have fun with different flavors (70g)
  • handful mini chocolate chips, optional

Instructions

Stir all ingredients together until well-mixed. Transfer the mixture to an 8×8 pan lined with parchment or wax paper. Place another sheet of parchment or wax over the top and continue to smush down and spread until it fills the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate or freeze until firm, then cut into bars.

View Granola Bars Nutrition Facts

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

140 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
    • Unofficial CCK Helper says

It’s relatively easy to print Katie’s recipes. Highlight just the recipe itself and right-click “Copy.” Then open a new Word document, and right-click “Paste.” You can name and save this recipe in a CCK Recipe folder, and print easily.

1. Lila says

I made these protein bars for my dad and I to take on a long run. I used chocolate flavored whey protein powder. They were really easy to make and tasted pretty good! I spread them into a 9×9 pan and they still turned out really thin. Next time I’ll use a smaller pan to make them thicker. I couldn’t cut the bars after they’d been in the freezer, but storing them in the fridge worked great. I’ll definitely be making these again.

2. Victoria says

Hi Katie! Do you have a version of this recipe with ingredients by weight rather than volume? It’s hard for us folks in the UK to bake using in US volume measurements… or at least it’s hard for me! Thanks 🙂

3. Rosemary says

hi, this looks delicious, do you have a substitute for the protein powder? I’d like to make this for my kids and I’m not sure that they should have the powder.

thanks
    Rosie

4. Claire says

Katie,
    I’m a long time reader and have been wondering about this for quite some time, you list honey as an option for the liquid sweetener in many recipes. You used to state that it was not for strict vegans and in the above recipe you say to use agave if serving to vegans, because honey is not technically vegan. Do you use/consume honey yourself? I know you probably list it as an optional substitution because honey is much more commonly known than agave nectar, but you could probably use that argument with some of the other ingredients used in your recipes as well.
    Please know that this question is not meant to be judgmental in any way. It’s just something that I’ve been curious about and questioning about my own diet and finally got the courage to ask. I kept worrying about how I could phrase this so that I wouldn’t offend you or cause any of your loyal readers to jump to your defense. I really do love your blog and don’t want to create any problems! So thank you in advance!

5. Melanie says

I just wanted to say that my family LOVES this recipe! Thanks for all the wonderfully delicious and healthy recipes!

6. Melissa says

Defiantly trying these as a good snack for when I start college in the fall! For placing them on the tray, what do you mean buy placing another wax paper over the top? Is it over the top of the granola bars before placing them in the freezer? Just was wondering. 🙂

• Unofficial CCK Helper says

Place a sheet on top in order to press down so you don’t get your hands all sticky. You can then remove the top sheet.

7. Megan says

I made these with Vanilla Soy protein and I added 1/3cup of cocoa powder, half a handful of chia seeds and flaxseed! I melted the peanut butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds (it was in the cupboard) and I used agave nectar. And they turned out great! Definately will be trying again!

8. Leigh Ann says

these are amazing. I have made them so many times already. I use crunchy peanut butter and sometimes I substitute raisins for the chocolate chips. Great recipe and sooooo easy. Thank you.

9. Marni says

Our family loves these–we do these with our Yoli protein shakes–but I also add unsweetened coconut flakes/cinnamon and ground flax/chia. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

10. Poppy says

thanks for the recipe. I just made these with modifications. Rather than mixing with a spoon which had oats flying everywhere, I used a glove with non stick spray and mixed by hand, then I pressed them into my madeleine (?sp) molds to fit in my freezer and not have to worry about cutting.

11. Amy says

thanks! The protein needs are really high during pregnancy, 80-100g daily. This will really help. I am doing protein shakes daily too but I LOVE granola bars and generally hate the protein bars on the market. All but 1 I’ve had are nasty. Oats have a high nutrient content too and I always try to eat more oats but get sick of oatmeal, perfect!

12. Ellen says

Is the protein powder a necessary ingredient for these? Do they do something to help with the texture or are they simply for protein’s sake? I love anything oat based but don’t have (and don’t feel the inclination to buy) any protein powder.

13. Melissa says

For a dupe of Clif Bars – Chocolate Brownie:

Added 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Better than the 1$ bars you find at the store.

14. Hannah says

These bars are sooo good! Definatley a keeper. These taste better than cookies, and they’re healthy!

15. Katie says

I made these tonight with a local store brand vanilla soy protein powder, and they tasted a lot like those Little Debbie Nutty Bars! So extra surprise win there. I also used maple syrup instead with no problem. I did about 3/8c maple, and 1/8c brown rice syrup. Thanks for the recipe!

5/5