Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Cupcakes by Katie

Sadly, I did NOT make a giant cupcake… but it was a good guess!

Honestly, who doesn’t like cupcakes? Even my burliest of guy friends have decided there’s no better food to wash down with a beer than a pretty pink cupcake. Decorating cupcakes can be quite time-consuming, though. The last time I made some, I ran out of time, and therefore only brought nine to the party. But rather than throw the other three out (*Gasp* Sacrilege!), I popped ’em into the freezer to use later…

…Welcome to later! When my friend (who is a self-professed shopaholic) turned 21, I knew exactly what to give her as part of her present– a personalized cupcake.

The whole thing is edible, right down to the glitter… however, my friend was very reluctant to eat it; she told me she wanted to keep it forever. (Once she did break down and eat it, she said it was delicious. So if you were curious, the vanilla cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes take over the World freeze quite well.)

Because I didn’t feel pressured to churn out twelve or more perfectly-decorated cupcakes, I was able to take my time and enjoy creating the one. I see many personalized cupcakes in my future! Perhaps I’ll even go into business as a “Personalized Cupcake-Decorator”… hehe put that college education to good use! 🙂

1. Simple and Divine says:

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!! TWIN, I think you got the CUTEST genes, because, honestly, this is the most incredible cupcake — the most incredible thing I have ever seen ever! Where did you get this glitter/colored fondant, or did you dye your own?! OH, I just cannot get over this! You’re such a talent! 🙂

2. talieworld says:

Aww Katie your such a good friend! This is the most adorable cupcake ever! The glitter makes it so cute!

3. Nikki says:

Excuse my language, but holy shit, that is awesome! You should definitely be baking professionally, you’d make quite a profit 🙂

4. Healthy eating blog says:

you……..i…….can………gosh, im speechless that is just TOO amazing! its probably the WORLDS cutest cupcake ive EVER seen! even better than (SHHHHHH) betty crocker,rachel ray, exc.. you are amazing, your just UBER taleted! <3

5. Jeanna says:

That cupcake is totally awsome and adorable and cool and yummy (I’m sure!) – Everything you can ever wish for! 😀 Your friend is a lucky girl ^^

6. lighterportions says:

That is absolutely adorable! And edible glitter, how amazing is that!

You should definitely go into the personalized cupcake business. I know it would be a huge success!

7. Vegyogini says:

i’m just completely blown away by your cupcake-decorating talent! The recipients of your artistic creations are very fortunate. 🙂

8. Kimberly says:

Dear Katie,

You make the world’s most precious cupcakes.

That is all.

9. Nikki Douglas says:

I love the pink-y frosting – cupcakes – yum! Gonna get some today I think.

10. selina says:

thats the most adorable cupcake.

11. Becca says:

Your cupcake is so cute! What a thoughtful gift for your friend.

12. Allison says:

Ahh, I loooove this!! Your friend is so lucky to get a Katie cupcake! I can’t get over how cute this is…I just keep staring at the picture, haha. I probably would’ve had a hard time eating it too! PS…Thanks for the tip about freezing the cupcakes for later!

13. Emma says:

What could be better on a birthday that an personalised pink cupcake?

It is sooooo cute! I totally understand why your friend didn’t want to eat it (although I am sure it was scrummy).

14. Sarah says:

That is beautiful! You seriously make the most amazing cupcakes ever. And what a great tip to freeze them!

Exactly what recipe of frosting do you make from VCTOTW? I have not had much success with any of the white frostings.

15. loveofoats says:

this is the cutest thing EVER!!!!!!! love the decorating – seriously, i am going to say, open up your own shop! you will have millions of customers 🙂 what a lucky friend!

16. Katy says:

So cute!!! I love hte personalized cupcake concept. You have very lucky friends!

17. aTxVegn says:

That is one cute cupcake and such a great idea!

18. Ricki says:

I swear, your decorating skills just get better and better! Seriously, drop the current curriculum and get into the pastry chef program!! 🙂

19. Ruby Red Vegan says:

Edible glitter! YES! This cupcake rocks down to every last detail. It’s much better than a giant cupcake, in my opinion. What a perfect birthday present! You are so thoughtful.

20. shellyfish says:

These are too freaking cute Katie! Seriously, such a cute idea and I love the colors of course!