On my Honor

I didn’t make the switch to veganism until high school, but I was chocolate-covered as early as first grade. It was then that I became a Brownie. No, I don’t mean the fudgy confection you eat; I’m talking about the Girl Scouts’ group.I loved my time as a Brownie… and I know I’m not the only one who really enjoyed being a scout. Take my neighbor, Erik, for example. He liked being a scout so much that he stuck with the organization all the way from elementary school (as a Cub Scout) until age 18 (where he earned his Eagle Scout honor).

Earning one’s Eagle Scout status is a BIG deal. It involves organizing a service project (Erik painted the local community center), accumulating at least 21 merit badges, and standing before a review board.

To celebrate Erik’s accomplishment, his family threw him a huge party. And they hired me to make the cupcakes!

By the end of the party, there were quite a lot of bright blue tongues!

Tags:

1. herbstsonne says:

I was a girl scout from Daisies in kindergarten to Juniors in 5th grade. 🙂 Those cupcakes are so awesome!

2. magpie says:

Aww, that’s great! Your cupcakes are a perfect way to celebrate 😀

I was a GS through… 7th grade I think. Fun times, and great cookies 🙂

3. Virginia says:

congratulations to your neighbor! those are some mighty tasty looking cupcakes!

4. jessy says:

congrats to Erik! that’s so cool you were a Brownie, too! yay!

ahahahaaa – i am imagining all the blue tongues. that’s just too awesome! and what glorious cuppies, CCV! w00t!

5. aTxVegn says:

Perfect cupcakes. I know this is quite an accomplishment for your neighbor. My dad was an Eagle Scout and my bro-in-law is too.

6. Andrea says:

i got my gold award for scouting lol. i wish you made me cupcakes 😉 they’re beautiful!

7. Ricki says:

Wow, look at those cuppers! Quite something. And a brownie? You must have been SOOO adorable in that uniform!!

8. Wholesome Foodie says:

Oooh how lovely! Are the cupcakes vegan too?

To respond to your response (lol) I felt like an ass after I left that comment because I guess I skimmed over the post and missed the part where you clearly labeled what the vegetables were!! *stupid*
    Sorry!

9. eatingbender says:

Nice!! I was a Daisy and a Brownie but never quite made it to Girl Scout. Congratulations to Erik – and yummy cupcakes! I would gladly take a blue tongue to have one of those :o)

10. just me says:

those are great cupcakes! i would def take a blue tongue for one of those!

i was in girl scouts from daisies, through brownies, to juniors and my first year as a cadette..but then school got in the way. it was def fun being the cookie girl all those year though!

11. vko says:

those cupcakes look worthy of a scout! too funny about the blue-tongues, I’m sure people had some slightly blue stained teeth too, no? fun!

12. Agnesss =) says:

Katie KAtie,,,those MUFFINS look like a….PERFECTION….=D as ALWAYS!!!!!!!!! Talented you are,Girl I’m tellin’ you =DDD

Ohhh…as a kid I used to dream bout being a SCOUT hhahaha =D but here we don’t have it!! =(

Well…if you have some time visit my new post pls =D

Enjoy the day!!

13. Traci Anne says:

Lucky guy! I wish I’d “known” you back in high school – Gold Award cupcakes would’ve been even better 😉

14. T says:

Those are darling! Make them purple and they’d be great for Mardi Gras!

15. shelby says:

I was a brownie too! Fun times…

16. Sanja says:

O, wow, those look great! I have to remember making these for my brother. Are the Fleur-de-lis made of fondant?

17. tofufreak says:

that’s awesome!! i love the designs on the cupcakes.

18. Veg-a-Nut says:

I too was a girl scout though juniors. Our youngest daugher made it all the way to cadets and was an assistant to a brownie troop. Great program!

We have young men who have earned their Eagle Scout Honor. Very big deal in our church and well deserved. They really do some amazing projects.

You are awesome and I am sure everyone was thrilled with your cupcakes. They are perfect!

19. River says:

You truly are the Cupcake Queen!! They are so pretty, what a lucky neighbor!

20. magpie says:

I don’t like the strawberry ones either! I always pick them out and give them to Bobby when I have the strawberry banana kind.