Homemade Chocolate Bars – made in under 5 minutes from start to finish, with just 3 ingredients!
These homemade chocolate bars pretty much make themselves.
It’s especially fun to customize the flavor – Chocolate Mint? Chocolate Coconut? Chocolate Chai?
The sky is not the limit with these addictively delicious chocolate bars.
They taste like eating the coating right off of a chocolate Dove bar.
Also Try This Brownie In A Mug
Seriously, I think I am obsessed.
I know… I say that about a lot of the recipes on here.
I am a sucker for chocolate recipes that are easy and quick to make.
Then you can spend less time on preparing them and more time on the fun part…
Trending Right Now: Chia Pudding Recipes – 5 Delicious Flavors
Homemade Chocolate Bar Flavors
Crunchy Mint Chocolate: Add a few drops pure peppermint extract to the melted chocolate. For a fun texture, feel free to also add cacao nibs or rice crispy cereal.
Dark Chocolate Almond: Stir a handful of chopped almonds in with the other ingredients. This can also be done with diced walnuts, peanuts, or cashews.
Chocolate Coconut: Stir in a handful of shredded coconut, or sprinkle it over top before chilling the chocolate bars.
Chocolate Sea Salt: After pouring the melted chocolate into a container, sprinkle a small amount of sea salt on top.
Rocky Road: Add mini vegan marshmallows and chopped nuts of choice to the mixture before refrigerating or freezing.
Peanut Butter Swirl: After pouring the chocolate into a container, use a spoon to swirl in melted peanut butter or almond butter. Chill until firm.
Espresso Chocolate Bars: Stir 1/8 tsp instant coffee granules in with the cocoa. For a stronger coffee flavor, you can increase this amount as desired.
Other flavor ideas and add-ins include chia seeds, hemp seeds, freeze-dried strawberries or banana, dried blueberries, crushed pecans or pistachios, a pinch of cayenne, rainbow sprinkles… the possibilities abound!
Sugar Free Chocolate Bars
For low carb, sugar free, and keto chocolate bars, combine the following in a bowl until smooth: 1/2 cup cacao or cocoa powder, 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, and vanilla stevia drops to taste.
Pour into a small shallow container or candy molds (If it’s too thick, add 1 additional tbsp oil), and chill until hard. Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer.
You May Also Like: Keto Protein Bars – 4 Ingredients
Above, watch the video of how to make chocolate bars
Homemade Chocolate Bars
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (For coconut-free, try these Easy Chocolate Fudge Bars)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup, honey, or agave (A sugar-free option is written out above)
- optional extracts, cocoa nibs, chia seeds, or other add-ins
- *The recipe can be poured into any flat container. For the chocolate bar shape, I used this chocolate candy mold. Homemade Chocolate Bars: Gently warm oil if not already melted. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until it gets thick. Pour into any flat container or candy molds, or smush between layers of wax paper or in ziploc bags. Chill until solid, and store in the fridge or freezer. Once hardened, you can also opt to melt the bars again for chocolate sauce. View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram