Mondo Zucchini Burrito

zucchini burritos

Tortilla stuffed with No-Name Zucchini.

Mondo Zucchini Burritos

(Makes 2 burritos)

• 4 medium zucchini, sliced into coins
  • high-quality olive oil (Be sure to store olive oil in a dark container. It loses health benefits when exposed to light)
  • 3-4 tsp minced garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste (I like about 1/2 tsp salt, but you can use less if you normally don’t use much salt)
  • optional beans or other veggies
  • 2 warm tortillas

Heat a pan over high heat for about a minute before putting anything in.  Then add the oil, quickly followed by the garlic and then the zucchini and salt (and pepper, if using). Try not to stir too often, and do not add any water. Once the zucchini has turned translucent (as shown in the photos), remove from the pan and place in the middle of the tortillas. Roll up and devour!

zucchini tortillas

Unfortunately, the zucchini decided to pull a Heidi Montag (who claims she doesn’t like hugs) and escape the embrace of poor Mr. well-meaning tortilla wrap.  Mid-bite, they tumbled out of the warm, bready blanket.  Oh the sting of rejection…

Starting tomorrow, the zucchini bunch will be attending couples’ therapy. Maybe, if they’re lucky, they’ll get Queen Latifah.

queen latifah therapist

1. Marina says:

your wrap looks so delicious, and the whole meal too…
    can’t wait to do a hug-a-fat picture 😀

2. Katie says:

Yummm. Zucchini is my favorite summer vegetable, it’s always so plentiful during the warm months, I will for sure make this in the upcoming weeks! Thanks for the great idea.

3. Rachel says:

Oh wow your last sentence made me laugh! I loved that movie!!!

4. abby says:

oh katie, i’ve seen this movie like 100 times. i thought it would be bad, but really its one of my favorites. i especially like the happy ending, because i’m sappy like that :)

5. Inspired says:

Yum, Katie, I had garlic zucchini at dinner last night and thought of you :).

6. That looks like my kind of meal! Cauliflower mash, anything wrapped in a tortilla, mandarins, and chocolate- yum!

7. Sarahishealthy says:

LOL laughing about Paola and the weather. I wish we could have chocolate rain too! Good idea, Paola!

8. abby,
    I was the same way– very reluctant to watch. But it definitely exceeded expectations :)

9. Mary says:

My burritos nnever want to stay closed either! So sad that they reject hugs like that.

10. Mary says:

Oops, I meant “never”.

11. Now that’s my kind of lunch!! :)

I saw that movie a few weeks ago and thought it was cute and funny. I’m not usally a fan of Ms. Diaz but she was hilarious!

12. Anonymous says:

how can people call you anorexic? look at how much you eat! i am in recovery, but when i was anorexic, i can tell you i’d probably have the cauliflower and oranges, and that would be my lunch. keep posting your inspiring meals, girl. you have no idea how much it helps people like me!

13. anonymous,
    Wow, thank you so much for your kind words. They put a huge smile on my face :).

14. Jessica says:

Hi Katie, Love the blog! I was wondering what brand of tortillas do you use? Thanks!

15. Valerie says:

Trick for burritos that stay together: Make them ahead of time and put them in the fridge, wrapped in wax paper. P.S. I’m making your carrot cupcakes for the kiddies today!

16. That wrap looks so great- I also love this hug-a-fat month thing you’re into- it’s a little bit funny and a whole lotta great!

17. eatandrun says:

Thanks for the movie recommendation! And thanks, Valerie, for the burrito idea. I’m going to try it :).

18. looks like a great meal! I never thought of just a zucchini burrito!

I should add this movie to our netflix queue. I had wanted to see it with some friends when it was in the theater and then have totally forgotten about it since then!

19. Olive says:

Yum! Looks delish :)

20. Jenny says:

That’s my favorite chocolate! And I, too, have issues with falling apart tortillas :(.