Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Oatmeal Sundae with Pumpkin Whipped Cream

The “Breakfast Sundae”

I first cooked up a serving of oatmeal, using the “Voluminous Oatmeal” trick.

oatmeal sundae

znyc 1767

Then it was time to add cinnamon and walnuts sprinkles. Oh yeah, and Pumpkin Mousse whip cream. Twas almost too pretty to eat. But somehow, I managed.

To make the mousse look like whip cream:

I made a quick batch of pumpkin mousse, then used the “Whipped Cream” trick. And thus, the oatmeal “Breakfast Sundae” was born.

1. Hehe, it looks like hummus! prettiest oatmeal would be when I do OIAJ – my oatmeal is NEVER pretty, but when in a jar, it’s hidden so you can’t see the hideousness 😛

2. Sarah says:

Haha I thought you would say your Beauty Queen oatmeal. I still think that one has the best name :).

3. Jennifer - jcd says:

Mmmmm…. looks delicious! Anything pumpkin (or other squash) automatically gets two thumbs up from me.

My husband made me oatmeal with fresh rasberries placed in the shape of a heart once. It was too pretty to eat, but I was hungry and eventually ate it.

4. Valerie says:

My prettiest oatmeal creation would be… I guess I have to agree with you and go with the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough oatmeal! All the other times I make oatmeal, it just looks like mush. Still tastes good though!
    I must must must try that whipped cream trick! Genius!

5. Any oatmeal with 3 or 4 different kind of berries! Fabulous 🙂

6. That is some pretty oatmeal! I don’t think I have any pretty oatmeal experience.. I better get to work. 🙂

7. Leslie says:

All my oatmeal looks UGLY! I must try the whipped cream trick! You’re too creative, girl.

8. Inspired says:

Pumpkin whipped cream?!? Are you kidding me? I’m trying this right away! But forget the oatmeal, I’m going straight for the coconut milk ice cream 🙂 :).

9. I make my oats purty by adding strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries while its cooking on the stove. The result is a gorgeous pinkish-purple hue that I just love. Topped with a handful of granola and a drizzle of agave, it looks even prettier! 🙂

10. Mo says:

Delicious! Frankly I’m just jealous you’re in the possession of pumpkin. 😛

My oats are never pretty. It’s because I’m VERY minimalistic about my oats. All I want in my oats is unsweetened peanut butter. It’s a result of my having a general dislike for anything sweet being heated. XD So yeah, my oats always look pretty bland. But I’m content. 😉

1. Mo,
      I wrote about a “pumpkin-finding tip” in this post:
      Hopefully it can help you!! 🙂

11. The oatmeal with the little dinosaur eggs was my favorite when I was young! But I’m almost positive those aren’t vegan so now a days its a tie between maple brown sugar and apples and cinnamon!

1. Jessica,
      Oh my gosh, I remember that! The Quaker instant ones. I loved the “eggs” more than the actual oatmeal, just because of the colors :).

12. Krystina says:

Now I want to make that with chocolate whipped cream and raspberries. Mmm.

1. Krystina,
      Chocolate whipped cream sounds pretty good to me! 🙂

13. Jenny says:

The prettiest oatmeal I’ve ever made was topped with cherries, almonds and chocolate chips.

14. Danielle says:

I’ve heard you talk about the volumous oatmeal trick numerous times…but it never “registered” with me. Um, DUH- such a good idea!!

Loveeee the pumpkin mousse (who cares what season it is) 😀

15. Marina says:

Amazing looking oatmeal!
    I don’t know which was my pretties one. I love my green oats, with spinach, topped with coconut and fresh raspberries

16. That looks delicious! I love pumpkin!! I don’t know if I can name a pretty oatmeal I’ve made, but my fave is Mighty Maple PB & Ricemallow Creme Oats in a Jar.

17. Katie says:

Such a beauty!! Anything cakey or dessert-like wins the beautiful award for me. 🙂

18. Little Bookworm says:

That bowl of oatmeal looks amazing! My prettiest bowl would have to be when I’ve made mixed berry porridge or carrot cake with “icing” ( – can I include a link?) 🙂

1. Little Bookworm,
      You may ALWAYS include links! 🙂

19. Marianne says:

Hmmm…I can’t pick a “prettiest” oatmeal. I try and make all of mine pretty 😉 But some turn out better than others, that’s for sure.

20. Laura says:

Oatmeal is NEVER pretty when i make it:( xx