Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Raspberry Marzipan Muffins for Two

Or halve the recipe if you’re single.

The Raspberry Diet

I think I’d really like that diet… the “eat as many raspberries as is humanly possible” diet. Lately, I’ve not only been eating them plain, but also in oatmeal, truffles, raw fudge cake, and now muffins:

muffin batter

Raspberry Marzipan Muffins

(makes 2 muffins)

• 6 tbsp flour (I use 60g spelt or ww pastry)
  • 1 and 1/2 tbsp veg oil or coconut oil (You can sub applesauce, if you like the taste of fat-free muffins)
  • 3 tbsp liquid (I used almond milk)
  • 1/4 cup chopped (or smushed) raspberries
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp pure almond extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • Sweetener (If making these for others, I’d use 2 to 2 and 1/2 tbsp of sugar or 2 packets of stevia. Or, if you want to use liquid sweetener, cut back on the other liquid a little.)

Directions: Preheat the oven to 330 degrees. (Or see note, below, for microwave version.) Mix the ingredients and pour into an oiled (or sprayed) muffin pan. Smooth top of batter. Cook for 12-15ish minutes. If you want to cook this in a microwave, spray or oil two little dishes and microwave 90-ish seconds.

See original Single Lady post for Nutrition Information.

vegan muffin mix

If you made muffins for two, who would get the other?

Do you have any celebrity crushes? I need to re-think my choice of celeb crushes. Previously, Colin Firth and Denzel Washington made the list. But then I discovered they’re older than my dad… 😕 Perhaps I should forget the celeb crushes and simply share a muffin with the current guy in my life: Henry!

P.S. In case you were wondering, the photographer muffin is topped with Vanilla-Fudge Frosting.

Tags: , ,

1. OHMYGOSH! Those are gorgeous, Katie! Don’t you just love almond extract? Its an obsession of mine…But I NEED to find some raspberries to make this muffin!

And I’m single now, too. YAY for extra muffins :)

I never had a celebrity crush…..Idk, but I was never into the whole “celebrity thing.” I was like, “Hello, you’ve never even met these people?!!!” I’d give the other one to my mom-she’s the best :) And she is the one who made me muffins when I was a kid….

1. I do love it… but nowhere near as much as I *heart* coconut extract!

1. I’ve never had coconut extract…..Hmmm…I should buy some! I really want to try maple and chocolate extract, too 😉

2. Those muffins sound amazing Katie – love the addition of almond extract! :)

3. I’m single, but I would totally eat both these muffins :)

4. VeggieGirl says:

Suave Slav would get the other 😀

5. These sound like the muffin version of my raspberry amaretto cookies! Yum:) I am also lovin the rasps! I can’t get enough of them!

6. Camille says:

Don’t tell my boyfriend, but both would be for me :)

1. abby says:

lolololol funniest comment ever. i can just imagine someone hiding muffins from their boyfriend.
      with muffin in mouth: “what muffin? i don’t have a muffin.”

7. wow they look great! and a fun twist on the single lady cupcakes 😉

happy valentines day in advance!

8. I love how the pink just shines through!!

9. Jennifer JCD says:

Well, I would probably eat the second muffin as soon as it came out of the oven and pretend I only made one… but it would be nicer of me to offer it to my husband. Haha.

Raspberry diet? I’m in! I’ll plant some more raspberry canes this spring so they can keep up. You see, I go out to pick berries in the summer and I pick and pick and pick but only a handful of them ever make it back to the house. It’s my summertime raspberry-goosebarry-Saskatoon berry-choke cherry diet.

And now, off to add some raspberries and blackberries to the quinoa in my lunch. Great idea!

10. You’ve outdone yourself again!

11. Albizia says:

These look so lovely! I’m happy to be single 😀 .

12. Helen says:

I adore raspberries, I adore marzipan, and I adore Colin Firth! :-) Who cares if he is old, he’s Mr. Darcy!! :-)

1. abby says:

agreed! he will be cute at 100!

13. Gen says:

The muffins look fantastic!!!!!!!!
    I think they’d also be good with some toasted coconut on top, how about you? =D

1. Add coconut? Do you even need to ask what I think of that idea? 😉

14. abby says:

i will always love colin firth. even when he is old and gray, he will be adorable. kinda like george clooney, except he is just getting a little weird with his playboy-ness. colin firth is much more stable ;).

15. I love that we share the same abnormal sweet tooths. The less sweetener, the better!

I would not share my muffins – would eat them both. Shhh, don’t tell CD…and please don’t tell him about my crush on Paul Rudd. 😉

16. Raspberry muffins are SO up my alley! I’ve been thinking about making grain-free strawberry muffins with coconut flour. Now I really want to try them.

If I made muffins for two I would give one to my husband. And then eat the half that he inevitably won’t finish because he has a teaspoon-sized stomach capacity by nature. 😛

17. hippierunner says:

I want to make these and share with my boyfriend! I think I’ll try banana instead of applesauce/butter.

18. My “boyfriend” aka best friend Kelli would get the second one. :)

19. I would give one muffin to my husband and share the second with my daughter. :-)

20. O my word, these look amazing. Amazing!

21. angie says:

I love how this recipe is only for 2 people clever!

22. Well, right horse would probably get the other. But if Michael were here, I guess I’d share with him. 😛 These look amazing, too! So moist

1. lol do horses like muffins? I know they like oats! Oh and sugar cubes… I remember feeding sugar cubes to horses when I was little and would visit a farm. Probably not the healthiest for them though :-/.

1. They’d love muffins! Some of them are picky, but they’ll eat just about anything for the most part. The funniest thing to feed them is peanut butter covered marshmallows since they’re both fluffy and super sticky. 😛 But of course, sticking to the usual apples and grains is best..they’re like little kids and get major sugar rushes!

2. Ya know those Nature oat-n-honey granola bar things? My friend calls them ”
        horse food” because they remind her of what she thinks horses eat lol.

3. I’ve only just seen this comment and I’d put exactly the same about giving it to my horse! Great minds… :-)

2. Natalie says:

That’s a great idea! I have two Quarter horses. My gelding will eat anything that’s edible. Actually, he’ll eat anything, period. :-p But my mare’s a little picky. Perhaps she’d like raspberry muffins!

23. Renée says:

Almost ALL of my celebrity crushes are older than my dad! I have a thing for 80’s musicians, what can I say?
    Joel McHale though, he’s young enough, but married with children :(

1. Yeah, my celeb crush is married too. Or at least engaged. Oh well, it’s not like I would’ve had a chance anyway lol!

24. I should be nice and say that Jason would get the other one, although I’d probably keep both for myself!

25. I love your single lady’ness! Yum!

26. Those look marvelous!! I would share my muffins with my boyfriend Alex, but my two celebrity “freebies” are Alexander Skaarsgard (Eric from True Blood) and Brendan Frazier… weird, I know. :)

27. these are SO SO CUTE! i ride solo as well…….. but my dog and I would eat these little babies together for a V-day Treat 😀 UMM HELLO CHANNING TATUM- MAJOR crush.. i could watch dear john and step up all day long and never get sick of it……

1. Oh my gosh, Carrie!! Channing Tatum was supposed to come to my old high school… last week! There was a can drive, and the classes who brought the most cans would get to meet him. Sadly for them, the school had 4 snow days in a row and he couldn’t reschedule. But lol, my mom (who teaches at the school) said that girls were bringing in caseloads of cans!

28. wow just clicked on ur vegan crush link……. I’D TAP DAT!

29. Oh, hey, I’m on the “Costco Sized Bag of Frozen Strawberries!!!” diet.

1. Ooh can I join you?
      Well, maybe not right now, since I’m freezing my butt off. But when it warms up here!

30. Namaste Gurl says:

Mmmm, I bet these would be even better (I’m sure they taste GREAT already!) smothered with coconut butter! No man in my life currently, but that doesn’t mean I can’t make them for my date with my mom, does it? :)

1. Hehe mine’s my date too. She’s getting red velvet pancakes :).

31. Namaste Gurl says:

By t he way, I have a HUGE bag of costco size raspberries and strawberries that i’m dying to use- might as well use them in this way :)

32. Jen S. says:

Hands down my sweetie boyfriend would get the other one: he’s earned it with his good housekeeping habits!

33. Yummy! I’d eat both myself too. The boyfriend doesn’t appreciate baked goods because he’s insane.

34. I would totally give mine to Jim Halpert. Yes, he is a fictional character. But I love him all the same. lol

35. Yummmm…raspberries. A little drizzle(or a lot) of chocolate on top. Perfect!!! hee hee

36. Yum, those look fantastic! AND healthy! Thanks for the idea!

37. YUM I’m loving the raspberries too at the mo…but you already knew that of course! 😉

Haha I did a ‘cute celeb guys’ posty thing yesterday, but I did NOT know that guy was vegan or he SO would have made the list!! He’s cute :) But still, I would obviously get both muffins. “EMMA DOESN’T SHARE FOOD!!” 😛

38. Raspberries in muffins are one of my all time favorite.. I like to add lime zest…sooo good!

39. Sable says:

Pfft. I do *not* share muffins 😉

I love raspberries…have not seen them make an appearance in any grocery stores up here yet, though! :(

1. I actually like the frozen ones, because they end up being cheaper for the same amount :). Plus, they’re sweeter when you thaw ’em!

40. If I made muffins for 2, I wouldnt get even 1.

1 for Skylar
    1 for Scott

I’d need to make muffins for 3. Or more.
    Leftovers are my bff! haha :)

41. Kathleen says:

These sound SO delicious girl! I would share them with my dad. :)

42. emma says:

Hello sweetheart! I love this “for two” idea :-) I’m definately gonna make something cute and heart shaped “for two” on Valentine’s xx

43. CB says:

Katie, have you ever been publicly recognized? As in someone passing by you and going like “you’re chocolate covered Katie!!!” ?

1. Yeah! Unfortunately, the first time it happened, I was with WF boy and he didn’t know about my blog. Awkward! But yes, it happens every now and then.

44. these look super! i think i’ll make these for my valentine nate :) we’ve been so busy with moving and everything v-tines day just snuck up on us and we don’t really do anything big so this will be perfect! thanks katie!

45. I love the look of these… they look almost too good to eat (but not quite… the almond-raspberry combination sounds like a real winner!)
    I’m happily single but I think Dave, my horse, would love the other one… it would depend if he was behaving himself though :-)

46. Chris Childe says:

Wow, I think I’m the only bloke on a site full of gorgeous single vegan women! (Better go and lie down) Anyway I’m not single myself but I do love eating and talking about vegan food, maybe occasionally cooking it. These recipes look great. I’ll have to learn how to make them.

1. Yay! It’s always exciting to know guys are reading too :).

47. Moni'sMeals says:

Hey Katie! Yes, I think I will make these for my husband if I don’t do pancakes. :) I like your idea of raspberries over blueberries.

I can’t get enough of your lil recipes for 1 and 2. So Perfect.

48. Let’s be honest I’d eat them both 😛 haha. Or share with my momma 😉

those look soooo good! i’ve been eating blackberries lately… I do not know how there are some that are delicious right now, but there are and they make my day… :)

49. My bf and if he wasn’t around then my sister. :) I think Valentine’s Day is about all kinds of love!!!

50. Heather says:

Oh my gosh, yum!!! I love being able to count on you for decadent treats in a minimal amount of servings! I know I can always freeze leftovers, but I swear if I cram one more thing in there, it’s going to explode! If I made muffins for two, I would get one and give the other to myself! 😉

1. I think mine already is exploding :(. Really, I need to stop stuffing more things in my poor freezer!

51. Tara says:

I loooove almond extract! Well, I love the flavor it gives. Marzipan is the best!
    I can never think of a celebrity crush, but there are a lot of good looking guys that I would totally swoon over if you brought them up.

52. BroccoliHut says:

Delicious! I am now craving raspberries like crazy!

53. Yummy! I’ve been going raspberry crazy lately too. Definately going to try this
    I’m not going to lie if I made muffins for two I would probably eat the second one the next day

54. Hannah says:

*gasp* halve the recipe? No way! Part of the joy of being single is never having to share 😉

55. I’d probably give the other to Edward Norton, or maybe a nice boy with a Scottish/Icelandic accent. Can’t resist a man with an accent!

56. Valerie says:

I made these this morning! Only thing I did differently is double the recipe so each of my kids could have one. With one left over for me, of course! Next time, I’d quadruple the recipe, though. It’s THAT good!!!! :)

57. Wow these sound really, really good. Next time I get my hands on some frozen raspberries I’m making these with coconut flour.

58. J says:

I have just made and eaten both of these- yum!

1. Haha you’re very very wise to not share ;). I’m so glad you liked them!

59. CookiePie says:

YUM – those look amazing! Love love love raspberries and almonds together. I’d give one muffin to my little muffin, my 2-year-old daughter :) and the other one to my husband. Wait – then I don’t get one??!! I guess I’d make my husband share his with me :)

60. Amanda says:

These look great! We love original recipes at Edward Marc ChocolatesThanks for sharing, I will definitely be trying these later!

61. Amit says:

What does the T stand for in the recipe (e.g. 3T liquids)?

62. jenny says:

I can’t believe these come from a regular sized muffin tin, they look so big and scrumptious! I know people have asked and youve said you used a “regular” pan but a regular 12 muffin or 6 muffin pan?

1. 12. It’s probably just an illusion because my photos are super-close-ups. As a comparison of size, look at how big the muffin is compared to the raspberry on top. See, it’s not so big, right? 😉

63. Alanna says:

These didn’t turn out well for me. The cupcake was lumpy and unattractive, and it spilled out over the edges of the cupcake liner. (I used a silicone cupcake cup). The taste was okay, but not special like I’d hoped it would be.

1. Can you please tell me what specific ingredients you used? (flour, fat, etc?) It’s frustrating when someone just leaves a comment saying a recipe wasn’t good, without explaination. If you help me see what you did, hopefully I can help see where you went wrong. :)

64. Jennifer says:

Do you know where I can find Whole Wheat Pastry Flour? I recently went to my local grocery store and I could not find the flour. Instead I bought White Whole Wheat flour. Do you think that will yield the same results?

1. I find it at Whole Foods (their brand). Or stores in my area called Sprouts, Central Market, or Market Street. Usually I buy WF’s brand, though, because it’s less expensive.
      I haven’t tried the cupcake with white ww. I don’t know how it will taste, but it’ll definitely be fine texture-wise.

65. Sjill says:

I just turned this into an oatmeal flavor — raspberry marzipan oatmeal! Yum! And it’s beautiful too 😉 It would be yummy with some chocolate chips mixed in, like in your strawberry hugs oatmeal — but chocolate makes me anxious, so I added some carob chips instead. It’s delicious.

66. Sjill says:

Oh, I just saw that you have this as an oatmeal flavor already! ;P

67. kristy says:

im eating the microwave version of these right now! made them with wheat flower & applesauce… SO GOOD!!!! So happy I found your recipes!!!

68. Narine says:

So, I tried these muffins and how do I say this, they turned out blue!! How!?!
    I have a picture… they’re literally, blue.
    I don’t understand! I used all the same ingredients except I used regular flour and no almond extract. Any idea how this could have happened!?!

Side note.. love this blog. :) I’ve been making something from it every few days. Can’t get enough!

1. Woah, that’s weird! The raspberries turned blue? LOL I have no idea what could’ve happened! Crazy raspberries!!

69. Jolene says:

well I’m not single but I’m still eating both of these! so good!

70. Deanne says:

I’d give my other cupcake to Johnny Depp!

71. Laura says:

This is the first one of your receipies I am going to try…. I’ll make it as a surprise for my Liron, tomorrow. :-)

72. Laura says:

2 packets of stevia? what’s that in drops? I only found liquid stevia… As I am in Israel I guess the time difference to the US is not beneficial for me right now… Unless I am very very lucky and you read this right now, Katie. If I don’t hear from you within 1 hour I’ll just go ahead by myself and experiment.

73. Lily says:

I have had my eye on this recipe for a while and I finally just made these tonight! Funny story… I forgot the sweetener. Just read through the ingredient list and somehow skipped the last part. LUCKY for me, I added in dark chocolate chips! So they are still delicious! The raspberries have a natural sweetness, of course. Next time I’ll add the sweetener, though :)

And on another note, I think I visit your site almost every day! Love your recipes, keep them coming!

74. marie says:

hello katie!
    first of all: I really like your blog! it’s so inspiring!
    but, I got a huge problem with the measures.
    I’m from germany and we use the metric system, so I don’t get along with the sizes and stuff.
    as a baking newbie, I’m completely helpless 😀
    do you have any tips for me? I tried different unit converters, but the result of your beautiful muffins were flour clumps :(

1. If you google “cups to grams” or “tablespoons to grams” or whatever you wish to convert to grams, usually a calculator will come up! :)

75. K says:

How do I make that delicious looking frosting??:O

76. Stephanie says:

mm, these are scrumptious! I made them with applesauce and in the microwave, which is probably not the most gourmet way to go, but they were still yummy and so pretty! I topped mine with whipped cream.

77. Emily says:

I made these a couple of weeks ago for my boyfriend and I when we both needed to reward ourselves for some late-night studying. I loved these so much and I have two small cartons of blackberries on hand right now so I want to try this recipe with blackberries. My question is: what amounts of the ingredients would I need to multiple this recipe to a normal-sized batch, say 12 muffins?

1. CCK says:

Sorry, I don’t actually have a larger serving recipe, but I am working on it. :)

1. Holly says:

Hi Katie! I’m one of your many fans! Thanks for keeping this blog that so many of us benefit from! I wondered if you’d had a chance to put together a larger serving recipe for these muffins yet? I’ve made 2 attempts so far, but they keep coming out super gooey…

78. Sarah says:

If I was to substitute oat flour, should I still use 6 TB?

79. Melissa says:

Best. Muffins. Ever.

80. Kellie says:

I just made these with chopped fresh cherries instead of raspberries. They were pretty awesome. Next time I think I’d toss in some slivered almonds as well…

81. Suz says:

These are great! I love your site!….maybe a chocolate raspberry cupcake next? :)

82. Analie says:

Katie, this is my new favorite breakfast! I had blueberries on hand and made a blueberry version that was WONDERFUL! Thanks for making such great healthy recipes.

83. Cathy says:

I have so many raspberry bushes and soooo many raspberries and I never get tired of them! I will definitely try them in this recipe. Thanks Katie.

84. KB ribelin says:

I’m a new fan! So far- everything has been fabulous! Can u up this for more than 2 muffins?? I can’t imagine just making 2!!! I want more!!!

85. Chocoholic says:

I just gotta know….
    How does everything you try in the kitchen turn out perfectly??? I tried making my own healthy oatmeal pancakes once and they turned out to be piles of mush…. so I can’t even imagine doing muffins and pies and cakes!!!!!!!!!!!

1. LOL it doesn’t! I tried to send you an email of my most-recent cooking failure, but it bounced back. It was a photo of the kitchen pot completely engulfed in flames ;). Hope that makes you feel better about your cooking skills!

86. Rhana says:

Is it really suppose to be 330 degrees in the oven??? That is very hot and my oven doesnt even go up to that.

87. Natalie says:

Niall Horan from One Direction would get the other delicious little raspberry muffin!

88. ashley says:

These muffins were so easy to throw together and both me and my daughter loved them. I sprinkled a little powdered sugar on hers and a very tiny bit on mine. I probably could have done without the powdered sugar. Thanks for posting these much healthier versions of yummy treats!

89. Madison says:

I made these and mine turned out a sort of blueish-grey. I also had to cook them a pot longer than you said and even increased the temp at one point because they just went cooking… I have no idea what went wrong because I followed your recipe exactly. They tasted okay I just couldn’t really taste the raspberry

1. Hi Madison,
      Be sure to read the Recipe FAQ page. If you still can’t figure out what might’ve gone wrong after reading the page, be sure to reply back here, listing specific ingredients you used so I can try and help.