Raspberry Marzipan Muffins for Two

Or halve the recipe if you’re single.

The Raspberry Diet

I think I’d really like that diet… the “eat as many raspberries as is humanly possible” diet. Lately, I’ve not only been eating them plain, but also in oatmeal, truffles, raw fudge cake, and now muffins:

muffin batter

Raspberry Marzipan Muffins

(makes 2 muffins)

• 6 tbsp flour (I use 60g spelt or ww pastry)
  • 1 and 1/2 tbsp veg oil or coconut oil (You can sub applesauce, if you like the taste of fat-free muffins)
  • 3 tbsp liquid (I used almond milk)
  • 1/4 cup chopped (or smushed) raspberries
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp pure almond extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • Sweetener (If making these for others, I’d use 2 to 2 and 1/2 tbsp of sugar or 2 packets of stevia. Or, if you want to use liquid sweetener, cut back on the other liquid a little.)

Directions: Preheat the oven to 330 degrees. (Or see note, below, for microwave version.) Mix the ingredients and pour into an oiled (or sprayed) muffin pan. Smooth top of batter. Cook for 12-15ish minutes. If you want to cook this in a microwave, spray or oil two little dishes and microwave 90-ish seconds.

See original Single Lady post for Nutrition Information.

vegan muffin mix

If you made muffins for two, who would get the other?

Do you have any celebrity crushes? I need to re-think my choice of celeb crushes. Previously, Colin Firth and Denzel Washington made the list. But then I discovered they’re older than my dad… 😕 Perhaps I should forget the celeb crushes and simply share a muffin with the current guy in my life: Henry!

P.S. In case you were wondering, the photographer muffin is topped with Vanilla-Fudge Frosting.

Tags: , ,

1. I’m single, but I would totally eat both these muffins 🙂

2. VeggieGirl says:

Suave Slav would get the other 😀

3. These sound like the muffin version of my raspberry amaretto cookies! Yum:) I am also lovin the rasps! I can’t get enough of them!

4. Camille says:

Don’t tell my boyfriend, but both would be for me 🙂

1. abby says:

lolololol funniest comment ever. i can just imagine someone hiding muffins from their boyfriend.
      with muffin in mouth: “what muffin? i don’t have a muffin.”

5. I love how the pink just shines through!!

6. Jennifer JCD says:

Well, I would probably eat the second muffin as soon as it came out of the oven and pretend I only made one… but it would be nicer of me to offer it to my husband. Haha.

Raspberry diet? I’m in! I’ll plant some more raspberry canes this spring so they can keep up. You see, I go out to pick berries in the summer and I pick and pick and pick but only a handful of them ever make it back to the house. It’s my summertime raspberry-goosebarry-Saskatoon berry-choke cherry diet.

And now, off to add some raspberries and blackberries to the quinoa in my lunch. Great idea!

7. Albizia says:

These look so lovely! I’m happy to be single 😀 .

8. Helen says:

I adore raspberries, I adore marzipan, and I adore Colin Firth! 🙂 Who cares if he is old, he’s Mr. Darcy!! 🙂

1. abby says:

agreed! he will be cute at 100!

9. Gen says:

The muffins look fantastic!!!!!!!!
    I think they’d also be good with some toasted coconut on top, how about you? =D

1. Add coconut? Do you even need to ask what I think of that idea? 😉

10. abby says:

i will always love colin firth. even when he is old and gray, he will be adorable. kinda like george clooney, except he is just getting a little weird with his playboy-ness. colin firth is much more stable ;).

11. I love that we share the same abnormal sweet tooths. The less sweetener, the better!

I would not share my muffins – would eat them both. Shhh, don’t tell CD…and please don’t tell him about my crush on Paul Rudd. 😉

12. hippierunner says:

I want to make these and share with my boyfriend! I think I’ll try banana instead of applesauce/butter.

13. I would give one muffin to my husband and share the second with my daughter. 🙂

14. O my word, these look amazing. Amazing!

15. angie says:

I love how this recipe is only for 2 people clever!

16. Well, right now..my horse would probably get the other. But if Michael were here, I guess I’d share with him. 😛 These look amazing, too! So moist

1. lol do horses like muffins? I know they like oats! Oh and sugar cubes… I remember feeding sugar cubes to horses when I was little and would visit a farm. Probably not the healthiest for them though :-/.

1. They’d love muffins! Some of them are picky, but they’ll eat just about anything for the most part. The funniest thing to feed them is peanut butter covered marshmallows since they’re both fluffy and super sticky. 😛 But of course, sticking to the usual apples and grains is best..they’re like little kids and get major sugar rushes!

1. Ya know those Nature oat-n-honey granola bar things? My friend calls them ”
          horse food” because they remind her of what she thinks horses eat lol.

1. I’ve only just seen this comment and I’d put exactly the same about giving it to my horse! Great minds… 🙂

2. Natalie says:

That’s a great idea! I have two Quarter horses. My gelding will eat anything that’s edible. Actually, he’ll eat anything, period. :-p But my mare’s a little picky. Perhaps she’d like raspberry muffins!

17. Renée says:

Almost ALL of my celebrity crushes are older than my dad! I have a thing for 80’s musicians, what can I say?
    Joel McHale though, he’s young enough, but married with children 🙁

1. Yeah, my celeb crush is married too. Or at least engaged. Oh well, it’s not like I would’ve had a chance anyway lol!

18. I should be nice and say that Jason would get the other one, although I’d probably keep both for myself!

19. I love your single lady’ness! Yum!