Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Raw Cookie Dough Milkshake

Please be advised: this blog has a new title:

“Chocolate Milkshake Covered Katie”

And now, back to your regularly-scheduled recipes…

Yesterday, in the comments of the recipe for the Healthy Shamrock Shake, I brainstormed one way to make a cookie dough variation. One of my non-blogger friends saw the comment and asked if I’d make the shake for her for real. And that made me want one too…

Raw Cookie Dough Milkshake

Inspired by: Healthy Shamrock Shake.

• 1 frozen large banana, as ripe as possible
  • sprinkle of cacao nibs or chocolate chips
  • handful raw oats (blend some in the shake, and save some for the top)
  • 2/3 cup milk of choice (For a rich ice cream shake, try canned coconut milk)
  • tiny pinch sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • cookie dough of choice, or the following linked recipe: Raw Cookie Dough Bites

Reserving some of the chocolate chips and raw oats for garnish, blend together all other ingredients.

Want a Fudge Brownie milkhake instead?

Add cocoa powder and replace the cookie dough balls with the following: Raw Brownie Bites.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1. ate raw cookie dough all the time! still do.. :) this looks deeelicious !

1. Kate says:

I love raw cookie dough! When I was little I would always sneak cookie dough when my mom was not. looking.

2. of COURSE i ate raw cookie dough!
    now of course it’s perfectly okay and safe for me to eat raw cookie dough because its vegan and therefore no worries about salmonella! :-)

3. Ruthiey says:

YES, I always did! I still do! Wow, that milkshake looks really good!

4. Lauren says:

Half the cookie dough my mom made would go into me & my sister’s mouth instead of baking into cookies!

5. Stefanie says:

Raw cookie dough is sometimes better then baked cookies. 😀 That milkshake looks better then the one from yesterday.

6. YUM!

And, uh, Hellooo? What little kid didn’t eat raw cookie dough? And who says raw cookie dough is just for kids???

1. abby says:

i didn’t get that memo! 😉

7. WOW, that looks amazing! I’m thinking Coconut Cream as the milk would make it even more decadent. Too bad my blender’s broken :(

8. Camille says:

This looks amazing! Even better than the last milkshake recipe!
    Heck, I still eat raw cookie dough :)

9. Picky Nicky says:

That sounds awesome :)
    I actually love vegan baking BECAUSE you can eat the cookie dough sans-worry 😉

10. Raw cookie dough is god’s gift to a sweet tooth!

11. VeggieGirl says:

AHHHHHH you’re amazing. PERFECT shake!

12. abby says:

katiiiiiiieeeee! your photos are over the top! that first one especially, it makes me think “GET IN MY TUMMY!”

13. Gen says:

Wow! That shake looks sooooo good!!!!!
    Do you think that one with peanut butter would be good? Like a pb cup milkshake?

1. Heck yes! You could even add Peanut Butter Babies :).

14. hmmm raw cookie dough! I just made cookies but ate most of the raw batter mohahah

15. Leslie says:

Once again, you have me drooling here!

16. Growing up I ate raw cookie dough and I STILL eat raw cookie dough. I love any kind of recipe that includes something close to raw cookie dough — like Averie’s ball recipes. They taste like cookie dough (which is dangerous but so delicious).

Have a great weekend Katie!

17. Are you kidding? I used to buy the pillsbury cookie dough and put chunks of it in semi melted frozen yogurt. Not good for you at all, but chemical heaven when I didn’t know better. Your version looks really good and I really need one!

18. Gloria says:

When I was growing up?! I still eat raw cookie dough and sometimes I make cookies just to give me an excuse to nibble on some dough 😉 I actually like the dough better than the cookies themselves! My favorite raw cookie dough:

I keep these in the freezer and have one for dessert every night. They’d be awesome in a milkshake!! I’m thinking about chopping them up and mixing them into some homemade vanilla coconut ice cream :)

19. Yum!!! What a great idea and I am sure it tastes fantastic!

20. Lisa C. says:

That first picture is the prettiest ever!
    Makes me want a cookie dough milkshake, even though it’s currently freezing over here!

21. Namaste Gurl says:

Yum, I love cookie dough shakes– this one sounds delicious! Happy day!

22. Heather says:

That shake looks amazing! I love anything “cookie dough”!

23. Yes I totally ate raw cookie dough growing up, even though my mom always told me I would get worms. :-)

24. Perfect shake! I want this now. And yep, I ate/eat cookie dough. That’s why vegan cookies are the best–no eggs!

25. Heidi says:

I don’t comment on your blog often(sorry!) but I just had to comment today and tell you your photos are looking so much better! They look amazing! I am so impressed. And the shake looks so good.. I’m going to try to resist my craving for one till after lunch 😀

1. Thank you so much, Heidi! I’ really trying to pay more attention to the rule of thirds and finding light areas of my house… but most of what I eat doesn’t get photographed… because I don’t want to spend the time. LOL I just want to eat it! 😉
      Someday I should make a light box too.

1. Heidi says:

Well I can really tell! What you’ve been doing is working so keep it up! And yes I know what you mean. I’ve been trying to take food pictures lately because I really want to start a blog but most of the time I just want to eat it(or feed it to my hubby LOL) and can’t take the time. Your lighting looks great to me. I always have a problem with it, but maybe that’s just because it’s winter time and I’m in Canada, haha 😛

2. Oh don’t wory; I have a ton of issues with lighting too! Now that it’s getting warmer, I take things outside. But like I said, it’s rare, because who wants to cart their food outside when all they really want to do is eat it?! 😉

26. Who doesn’t eat raw cookie dough? Hehe, I know I did and still do, for that matter!

Your photos just get more and more beautiful everyday. Quite the photographer! 😉

1. I still like it too. Shhh don’t tell my mom :).

27. Damjana says:

I guess I’m one of few who never ate raw cookie dough ;). I wouldn’t like the idea of eating raw flour and raw eggs. I preferred baked cookies :)
    This shake if def on my to-do-list!

28. Cat says:

Of course I ate raw cookie dough – that’s why I always would designate myself “official bowl scraper” after all the cookies had been dropped onto the baking sheet. 😉

29. I still eat raw cookie dough:)

30. Albizia says:

This one looks pretty darn good. No wonder your posts appear on Tastespotting more and more often :) .

I ate a lot of cookie dough while my mother wasn’t looking. Maybe I am crazy but sometimes the dough tastes better than the baked stuff.

1. Aww you noticed? I’m always so so so excited when they (or foodgawker) publish one of my photos. Seriously, I jump up and down like a crazy person. Or maybe I AM a crazy person…

31. I literally made this milkshake only minutes after reading this! OMG… delicious!! I had made some raw choc chip cookie dough balls at the beginning of the week, and although I love eating them plain, I love this milkshake idea. Your recipes never cease to amaze me!

1. Really??? Yayyayyay!!! I’m so excited you made it already. You’re a superstar hehe! :)

32. NO WAY- you actually did it!!!!!! you are SO SO SO TALENTED GIRL.. i hope you know that!!!! this sounds YUM YUM YUM.. i might just add 5 cookie dough balls to mine 😀
    WOWZA fudge brownie? can this get any better?!?!? i THINK NOT.. you and your milkshakes BRING ALL DA BOYS TO DA YARD

1. Why stop at 5? hehe
      Too bad it can’t bring all the prince charmings to the yard ;).

33. wow that looks delicous! like a healthy milkshake…..and anything that includes your fudge babies is a winner in my book!

34. HA! Did I ever eat raw cookie dough…is that even a question?!? I STILL do!!!!!

35. Do you think it would be possible for you to just come live with me for awhile and take care of my out of control cravings for sweets? :)

36. Hannah says:

Another yummy smoothie, Katie! Now if only I had a blender in my dorm room….

37. Brandi says:

Fantastic looking milkshake! I love cookie dough I ate I wouldn’t say lots, but quite a bit. Sadly never homemade cookie dough though.

Luckily with vegan baking you can eat the cookie dough and no worries about that raw egg. In fact I ate a cookie dough cupcake a week ago it was fantastic!

38. Mallory says:

I just made this, and it ROCKED MY SOX OFF! Luckily, I had everything in the house for the cookie dough babies, because I knew I needed to make it as soon as I saw your post!

39. Make the fudge one! It sounds amazing.

I did eat raw cookie dough and never really thought anything about it until one day my friend’s mom freaked out because I was licking the spatula. Hey, I never got sick, haha. Now I eat raw RAW cookie dough balls.

40. Elle says:

i still eat raw cookie dough! it’s vegan now though, so nothing to worry about. 😉
    and that milkshake looks AMAZING!! i’m so excited to make this tonight.

41. raw cookie dough….mmmm, the BEST!

and in milkshake form, perfect!

and then you are such a tease w/ the brownie link at the very end. And i love it! :)

42. That milkshake looks incredible! And I love how easy it is to make :)

43. I think I ate more cookie dough than cookies growing up… actually, I still do :)

44. DID I ever?! Erm, still do!! 😛 Seriously, this is AMAZING. I’m gonna go put a banana in my freezer RIGHT NOW! 😀

45. Moni'sMeals says:

hmmmm~ This is it, making asap. :) Love it Katie! I do have to admit that I prefer now baked cookies over raw dough though, but don’t get me wrong I will love both always. :)

46. Ohhhh… I’m definitely making raw brownie bites so I can have this. Thank you!!! :)

47. änne says:

Why haven’t I read this before,I made tasty white chocolate and macadamia cookies this afternoon and simply could have turned that little rest of dough into a tasty shake…aaah,right-how could i forget – i have no internet :-/ i hate it when it crashes down….hopefully it’ll work again in 2 or 3 days,until then i must be satisfied drooling over the tiny photos on my mobile 😉

48. I accept you for your milkshakes – they look fabulous!

49. this milkshake looks amazing, I LOVE cookie dough !

50. oh my gah, you are a genius.
    And HECK YEAH I ate cookie dough when I was a wee little one! I liked it even better than actual baked cookies :) Lordy, am I glad I found your blog! I can eat all this stuff and feel practically sinful but know that I am still going to foodie heaven 😀 Haha

1. lol yes! Who wants to be virtuous if it means eating spinach all day? I mean, I like spinach and all, but… 😉

51. Kathleen says:

I want both!!! 😀 YAY for Dessert Milkshakes made HEALTHY!!! I can’t wait to try this! 😀

52. Renée says:

This sounds great!
    I put my smoothies in a bowl too 😀

53. Hannah says:

We didn’t make many cookies in my house growing up, but I ate a lot of raw cake batter! So, how about a cake batter milkshake? 😉

1. I’ve never had cake batter in any other form besides a cake. What does cake batter ice cream taste like? I’d love to make a cake batter milkshake… if for no other reason than it’d give me the opportunity to figure out why everyone loves cake batter ice cream so much!

1. Hannah says:

No idea! I’m Australian, and there’s nothing, nothing, nothing “cake batter” flavoured in this country! I’ve only ever heard it talked about on American blogs :)

54. BroccoliHut says:

Mmm cookie dough was def a part of my childhood. We make Christmas teacakes every year, and I’m pretty sure my Mom and I both ate about half the dough before it ended up in the oven!

55. Katie I so want to try this with my gingerbread cookie dough balls- what a flavor explosion that would be as a shake. any of your fudge babies would be great in shake form! im super impressed with this recipe- oooo i really hope to see what people come up with so i can check them out- i want a peanut butter one or a coconut one right now <3

yea the soy whip on top totally adds the right garnish to top it all off :)

1. Oh my gosh, Kelsey, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your gingerbread shake idea! Truly love it! You are a genius on so many levels, girl!

56. Tara says:

I still eat raw cookie dough. That’s why we make vegan cookies!

57. I must still be growing up, because I still eat raw cookie dough :)

58. Umm I still eat raw cookie dough!
    The brownie milkshake sounds delicious I will have to try it

59. The milkshake looks delicious! I ALWAYS ate raw cookie dough (and still do), but now it’s always vegan so I don’t really worry about getting sick :)

60. I used to do some major damage on cookie dough! I once bought a tub from the neighbor kid’s fundraiser knowing that not a single cookie was going into the oven!

61. Anonymous says:

Such a great recipe I’m making this today

62. Katie, you are too amazing to be real!! Gosh, this has me salivating. If I hadn’t already had a sweet breakfast, I would totally be making this asap. I bet if you added some silken tofu and reduced the milk it would really amp up the volume and creamy-factor!

63. Erin says:

May I suggest a new flavor? Pina colada? Yummmmmmmm………

1. I bet if you put some canned pineapple in the cake batter one, you’d get a pina-colada-esque shake! Especially if coconut milk was your liquid :).

64. laura says:

yes! who didn’t eat raw cookie dough? i mean, even if i one day grow up and have veggie kids i’d still let them have that experience! lol. i love this recipe though and am saving it to my online cookbook (!

1. Oh I’ll definitely let my kids eat it too! Sometimes being “healthy” is overrated. You need to have some naughty fun ;).

65. Megan says:

That would’ve been amazing yesterday when we were in the mid 80s!!
    Next sunny day we have, I’m making this!!
    I’ll stick a banana in the freezer now to have it ready 😀

1. Oooo let me know whatcha think when you make it! :)

66. Kristin says:

OK. Probably a dumb question, but when you say coconut milk do you mean “So Delicious,” the more traditional coconut milk often used in thai cooking or homemade? I’ve never made my own, so I hope it’s not the last option. :-)

1. Hi Kristin,
      You can use ANY non-dairy milk. But for a true “ice cream” like texture, try coconut milk (the kind used in Thai cooking that comes in a can). But I just use almond milk!

67. Sonya says:

I just discovered your blog and think you are a total genius! Healthy milkshakes??? I’m hooked, I’ve had a cookie dough one for three days straight now. My hubby too. You rule. Period.

1. I’m so glad you found me! It’s always nice to hear from another cookie dough addict… the world needs more of us! :)

68. Lori Green says:

Katie, I think you should start pictures step by step of everything you make. It’s way easier to understand the process, and we would never miss a step. And always with the same result.

69. Nici says:

Ah! I’m new to finding your blog and going CRAZY! my favorite thing is that you can enjoy a good dessert and aren’t trying to lose weight!(obviously because your borderline a skeleton!) but thank you for sharing nutritious desserts with healthy fats(theyre important!)and antioxidants
    LOVE IT! :)

70. CarliCraves says:

I made this last night…AMAZINNNGGGG!

1. Aww yay! I’m so glad you tried it!!

71. Kris says:

I made my own version of this today, so I figured I’d report in. None of my bananas were frozen, so I added some homemade pumpkin fro-yo to make it thick. And yeah… I highly recommend the Pumpkin Cookie Dough Milkshake. :)

In my family, we always call raw cookie dough “smoosh-in.” I don’t know why. My mom and brother make it egg-less a couple times a year to go on top of homemade ice cream.

72. Marjie says:

Katie, and anyone else who has actually tasted this smoothie:

Can you taste the banana? I can’t stand bananas. I wish I liked them because they’re so healthy but they make me gag. The ingredients in this are so minimal that I fear they won’t be enough to mask the overpowering taste of banana. I’d like to know before I try making it. Thanks in advance!

1. Maybe try a very unripe banana? Or sub Thai coconut meat! (That’s the white coconut that looks like a triangle, not the round brown coconut.)

73. Rebecca says:

Could you make this with your cookie dough cake balls instead of the raw balls? Love the website! Am on a milkshake journey this week! Can’t get enough of these yummy recipes!

74. rachel says:

Is it healthy? Where can you find the nutrition values?

75. Andrea says:

What is the nutrition info. for this? Sugar/cal?

76. Lorelei says:

Just made this milkshake and LOVED it! SOO creamy and rich! I didn’t have any cookie dough balls and I added peanut butter too for a little boost of protein. It is perfect!

77. anonymous says:

I am not in the mood to make cookie dough balls (laziness takes over), but can I still make this? Will it taste like cookie dough??

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

It won’t taste like cookie dough, but it would still be delicious!

1. anonymous says:

Thanks so much. Maybe I’ll wait until I have more energy, cuz I love cookie dough!

78. stacie says:

when you say coconut milk.. are you referring to canned coconut milk or the kind you can buy in a half gallon container in the refrigerated section?
    just found your site yesterday and boy i’ve been addicted ever since. i cannot wait to try these recipes!!!

1. Thanks! It means the canned kind :).

79. Molly says:

What are the nutrition facts for this?

80. faith says:

all the cookie dough packages say DO NOT CONSUME RAW DOUGH but who really listens?

81. Heather says:

Decided to make this spur of the moment before realizing that I didn’t have anything except dark chocolate almond milk. Used that in combo with the raw cookie dough bites recipe (rolled them in cocoa powder just for the heck of it) and oh my goodness! Best chocolate peanut butter milkshake ever created! Thanks for this great idea–I love your site and I’m having so much fun trying out new recipes each day!

82. Tory says:

Hi Katie, When will your book be out in stores? I
    always find things that I like on here but I really like when my recipes are on paper instead of a screen. I do write them out sometimes but that can be time consuming.

83. WOW this looks delish! I hate that gritty taste that a lot of protein powder has and I can’t wait to try this!

84. Ashley says:

This taste soo amazing! It’s tastes so sweet and after all….it’s pretty healthy! ♠

85. Sacia Ashe says:

There is a place that sells raw cookie dough without eggs!