Raw Cookie Dough Milkshake

Please be advised: this blog has a new title:

“Chocolate Milkshake Covered Katie”

And now, back to your regularly-scheduled recipes…

cdough

Yesterday, in the comments of the recipe for the Healthy Shamrock Shake, I brainstormed one way to make a cookie dough variation. One of my non-blogger friends saw the comment and asked if I’d make the shake for her for real. And that made me want one too…

cookiedough

Raw Cookie Dough Milkshake

Inspired by: Healthy Shamrock Shake.

• 1 frozen large banana, as ripe as possible
  • sprinkle of cacao nibs or chocolate chips
  • handful raw oats (blend some in the shake, and save some for the top)
  • 2/3 cup milk of choice (For a rich ice cream shake, try canned coconut milk)
  • tiny pinch sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • cookie dough of choice, or the following linked recipe: Raw Cookie Dough Bites

Reserving some of the chocolate chips and raw oats for garnish, blend together all other ingredients.

cookiesmaller

Want a Fudge Brownie milkhake instead?

Add cocoa powder and replace the cookie dough balls with the following: Raw Brownie Bites.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1. of COURSE i ate raw cookie dough!
    now of course it’s perfectly okay and safe for me to eat raw cookie dough because its vegan and therefore no worries about salmonella! 🙂

2. Ruthiey says:

YES, I always did! I still do! Wow, that milkshake looks really good!

3. Stefanie says:

Raw cookie dough is sometimes better then baked cookies. 😀 That milkshake looks better then the one from yesterday.

4. WOW, that looks amazing! I’m thinking Coconut Cream as the milk would make it even more decadent. Too bad my blender’s broken 🙁

5. Camille says:

This looks amazing! Even better than the last milkshake recipe!
    Heck, I still eat raw cookie dough 🙂

6. Picky Nicky says:

That sounds awesome 🙂
    I actually love vegan baking BECAUSE you can eat the cookie dough sans-worry 😉

7. Raw cookie dough is god’s gift to a sweet tooth!

8. VeggieGirl says:

AHHHHHH you’re amazing. PERFECT shake!

9. abby says:

katiiiiiiieeeee! your photos are over the top! that first one especially, it makes me think “GET IN MY TUMMY!”

10. Gen says:

Wow! That shake looks sooooo good!!!!!
    Do you think that one with peanut butter would be good? Like a pb cup milkshake?

1. Heck yes! You could even add Peanut Butter Babies :).

11. Leslie says:

Once again, you have me drooling here!

12. Growing up I ate raw cookie dough and I STILL eat raw cookie dough. I love any kind of recipe that includes something close to raw cookie dough — like Averie’s ball recipes. They taste like cookie dough (which is dangerous but so delicious).

Have a great weekend Katie!

13. Are you kidding? I used to buy the pillsbury cookie dough and put chunks of it in semi melted frozen yogurt. Not good for you at all, but chemical heaven when I didn’t know better. Your version looks really good and I really need one!

14. Gloria says:

When I was growing up?! I still eat raw cookie dough and sometimes I make cookies just to give me an excuse to nibble on some dough 😉 I actually like the dough better than the cookies themselves! My favorite raw cookie dough: http://ohsheglow.com/2010/12/02/chocolate-dipped-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-balls/

I keep these in the freezer and have one for dessert every night. They’d be awesome in a milkshake!! I’m thinking about chopping them up and mixing them into some homemade vanilla coconut ice cream 🙂

15. Yum!!! What a great idea and I am sure it tastes fantastic!

16. Lisa C. says:

That first picture is the prettiest ever!
    Makes me want a cookie dough milkshake, even though it’s currently freezing over here!

17. Heather says:

That shake looks amazing! I love anything “cookie dough”!

18. Yes I totally ate raw cookie dough growing up, even though my mom always told me I would get worms. 🙂

19. Perfect shake! I want this now. And yep, I ate/eat cookie dough. That’s why vegan cookies are the best–no eggs!

20. Heidi says:

I don’t comment on your blog often(sorry!) but I just had to comment today and tell you your photos are looking so much better! They look amazing! I am so impressed. And the shake looks so good.. I’m going to try to resist my craving for one till after lunch 😀

1. Thank you so much, Heidi! I’ really trying to pay more attention to the rule of thirds and finding light areas of my house… but most of what I eat doesn’t get photographed… because I don’t want to spend the time. LOL I just want to eat it! 😉
      Someday I should make a light box too.

1. Heidi says:

Well I can really tell! What you’ve been doing is working so keep it up! And yes I know what you mean. I’ve been trying to take food pictures lately because I really want to start a blog but most of the time I just want to eat it(or feed it to my hubby LOL) and can’t take the time. Your lighting looks great to me. I always have a problem with it, but maybe that’s just because it’s winter time and I’m in Canada, haha 😛

1. Oh don’t wory; I have a ton of issues with lighting too! Now that it’s getting warmer, I take things outside. But like I said, it’s rare, because who wants to cart their food outside when all they really want to do is eat it?! 😉