Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

J Crew and Chocolate Brownie Pancakes

Red Velvet Pancakes

I left out the food coloring, though. So really, they’re Chocolate Brownie Pancakes, which sounds equally delicious as red velvet. If not more so.

h 100years

Stark contrast, huh?

I read 100 Years of Solitude a few years ago in Spanish (for school). Liking it much better in English! And I don’t watch much tv, but Desperate Housewives is my guilty pleasure.

shirt jcrew

I will only shop at J. Crew when there’s a sale. Otherwise, girl cannot be trusted. (Same thing with Anthropologie. Sure, they have bargain racks. But invariably, every price tag I pick up says $250. Yikes.)

What are your “currently”s?

Another of mine: making Raw Chocolate Milkshakes.

Still deciding what flavor to make next. P.S. What does cake batter ice cream taste like? A lot of people have left requests for a raw cake batter milkshake… but I’ve never tried the original, so I don’t know how to recreate it!

1. Albizia says:

Unfortunately, my “currently” is much less entertaining than yours because currently I am trying to make my room look like there’s been a hurricane. There are cardboard boxes everywhere and I am sure that soon there will be no place to step on the floor. Moving out is a hard thing…

By the way, I love your shirt. Plaid clothes have always been my weakness.

2. Gen says:

Currently sitting at home alone……
    eating: ginourmous kale salad! and drinking sweet tea! (like any true southerner….=P)

Love the outfit!!!!

3. My “currently”s are your SINGLE LADY MUFFINS! 😀

4. Flavour wise, I vote Lime & Coconut shake! I’m addicted to lime and coconut as a flavour combination at the moment!

5. I’m obsessed with guar gum. I finally tried out my ice cream maker (2 months after I got it). Pumpkin pie vegan ice cream – yum!

Cake batter ice cream is thick and creamy. Lots of vanilla-y sweetness. Rainbow sprinkles on top. 🙂

6. Cake batter ice cream is AH-MAH-ZING! I used to get it at Coldstone Creamery before I went vegan.

7. Hi Katie!
    I wish I were having those pancakes right now – I’m eating some vegan donuts though….I can’t complain! 🙂

Cake batter ice cream tastes like a yellow cakes batter…if you ever tried the batter of a duncan hines cake mix…that’s pretty much it! Please make a milk shake like that! Better yet, an ice cream replacement!! 🙂

1. I’ll trade you. Haven’t had a vegan doughnut in a loooong time! I should really try to make some.

1. Brandi says:

You should make a single lady doughnut if that’s possible!

8. Colleen says:

it tastes exactly like cake batter! no joke. they serve it at chains (maggie moos, coldstone) and edys/dreyers makes ice cream called “take the cake.” yum!

9. Anthropology is dangerous! I cannot walk in there…Because I have no control 🙂
    I am currently contemplating what I want from breakfast. And cake batter ice cream makes me smile 🙂

10. This post looks so sophisticated, I like it. A cake batter milkshake would be so yummy. It tastes like cake and ice-cream and sprinkles all in one bite.

11. Okay pancakes are the bestest. And giiirl it’s totally fine, desperate housewives is mine too! P.s. I am a huge fan of plaid, I wish j crew prices weren’t so steep!

12. Currently: I can’t get enough of doing crossword puzzles WHILE eating spoonfuls of raw almond butter. Don’t know what it is about the combination of the 2…but I just love it:) Also, I started watching Being Erica on…that show is awesome!

13. Lisa says:

uuuuuuum. currently im eating lunch but wishing it was an hour ago so i could have make your pancakes 😀
    haha im SO MAKING THESE SOON. just gotta buy cocoa powder. 🙂

14. I’ve never had cake batter ice cream…but I’ve had plentyt of cake batter!! Can’t WAIT for the recipe! 😀

And when I come to live with you I am SO stealing all your wardrobe!! Your outift is AWESOME! 🙂

1. haha well the rest of my wardrobe is Nike pants, fleece, and sweats! Are you SURE you wanna steal it? 😉

15. Currently eating voluminous oat bran and contemplating if I want to leave the house today or not 🙂

16. Right now I’m sitting in sweaty workout clothes drinking a protein shake. I just got done running 9 miles and the foam roller is calling my name.

That white shirt is really cute!

17. Sarah says:

I am probably one of the “many” to request a cake batter something or other. Cake batter ice cream literally tastes like raw cake batter. Really buttery and vanilla-y. It has glints of cinnamon too. It is pretty thick in consistency. Please keep working on this! You could put Coldstone Creamery out of business (my fave place for cake batter ice cream)

1. Ooh buttery? Maybe I could use butter extract? *Hmmmmm*

18. YES desperate housewives is MY FAVORITE and it has totally gotten better in the last few seasons! currently I’m eating a banana with pb (shocker!), im watching myself type these words and I’m wearing my floral fuzzy flannel pants and an oversized sweatshirt (can I get a ‘YAY’ for comfy weekend clothes?”)

1. Flannel! Score! The only thing better than flannel is fleece :).

19. Jennifer JCD says:

Sounds like an awesome day! And I love the white flower shirt! (But everything you wear is super cute.)

I am currently:
    – printing ‘interview a tree’ sheets for a Girl Guide event this afternoon
    – reading your blog
    – wearing ballet tights and leotard under my Girl Guide uniform because I have a dance performance before the Girl Guide event and won’t have time to go home in between
    – planning on eating a frozen fruit smoothie/ice cream for lunch

1. Haha no no, usually what I wear is mismatched and scruffy… but comfortable. That’s what really matters, right? 😉

20. Jen S. says:

Oh, I cannot be trusted in a book store. I’ve made myself commit to a year of reading only off of my own shelves or from the library this year after realizing just how much money I spent on books last year. (Worthy investment, but I’m on a tight budget these days. But then, who isn’t?)

Currently, I’m enthralled with home improvement and design magazines to inspire organization and decoration ideas for the apartment, reading all day and night, and knitting in between, oh, and trying out each of your recipes! =)