Want some Chocolate-Grasshopper Pie?

St. Patrick’s Day round-up:

rawcoconutcreampie1_thumb2

Raw Chocolate-Grasshopper Pie

mint ice cream

Spinach Ice Cream

baked oatmeal

Irish Soda Baked Oatmeal

mintwhiter_thumb

Mint-Chocolate-Chip Milkshake

brownies2

Raw Thin-Mint Brownies

Question of the Day:
Will you eat anything green for St. Patrick’s Day?

Or make a special dessert? And will you be sure to wear green so no one can pinch you? 😉

Tags: ,

1. Stefanie says:

There is nothing wrong with mint and chocolate together. 😀 I am sure I will be eating something green on St. Patricks day.

2. Yes, we’ll have spinach smoothies in the morning (like every other day!) and I usually make fake Shamrock Shakes (very similar to the recipe you posted yesterday).

Our first date was on St. Patty’s Day so we usually go back to that same restaurant — no green beer though!

3. Wow you have quite the recipe roundup! And I am with you – mint chocolate chip SHOULD be it’s own food group. I love MCC ice cream more than anything!

4. Freya says:

I don’t even celebrate St Patrick’s day :p I don’t think anyone does in England! But I like green things – spinach rules my life, so yes, in answer to your q!

5. Anonymous says:

katie, when is the luna bar raffle?

1. Sorry, I think you might mean Angela’s blog, ohsheglows.com? I think she’s having some sort of raffle?

6. At the bakery I work at almost all of our cakes decorated for St. Patricks day are mint chocolate chip! Your recipes look much better than the cake slathered in buttery frosting we make though, haha.

7. Olivia says:

omg that raw grasshopper pie looks INCREDIBLE! I’m totes clicking the link to check it out right now;) your recipes always RULE!

8. Ally says:

I love eating green (i.e. not to be confused with Kermit’s declaration that he “loves being green!”). I usually have either a huge bowl of salad greens (i.e. spinach, mache, arugula, romaine – with nuts and berries) or a saute of zuchinni, onion, and collards for lunch! I also LOVE broccoli – I can’t seem to get enough of it! I like it raw, steamed, or stir-fried. Another favorite of mine is collard green rolls (i.e. collard green leaves with nut butter and bananas/raisins/goji berries/etc.) Can you tell how much I love green, not to mention it is my favorite color, so I will definitely be wearing green tomorrow!

1. Haha good! No one will be able to pinch you!

9. Everything looks so yummy! I have tons of basil at my house…so something green is going to become of it :)

10. Astrid says:

can’t wait to make that milkshake!

11. I will totally wear green!!! I would eat anything you make! Your dishes are always THE BEST!!! 😀

xoxox
    Kathleen

12. Most people think (and will think) that I’m crazy, BUT I absolutely can’t stand the combination of mint and chocolate!!! I never have liked it! LOL! On their own, I love love love them, but together, I get so grossed out! Have a great day! :)

13. oh wow.. for a second i thought st pattys was TODAY- mega confused there…. but they dont even celebrate it here.. WEIRD
    ANYWHO.. I LOVE THIS MINT KICK!! did di mention how i got peppermint extract at the store the other day? HALLELUJAH that stuff is SO SO SO SO GOOD!!! all thanks to yoU!

14. Jess says:

i wear purple on the 17th, b/c when i went to ireland, most people in the area were wearing purple. i’m not irish though :(, and i’ll probably be having falafel

1. Hmm, I wonder if they wear purple because they’re tired of the green stereotype. I’m going to google this; I’m curious now!

15. eve says:

My family used to do corned beef and cabbage for St. Patty’s day, but that was years ago. I might try making the vegan version if there’s time: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=19254.0

And I’m right there with ya on the mint chocolate chip love. One of the best flavor combinations out there!

1. That’s what my family does too! Luckily for me, I never liked it and always had macaroni! 😉

16. More than likely I’ll be having a Green Smoothie!! :)

Mint and chocolate were so made for each other. These recipes look delicious! Thanks lady!!

17. Lisa says:

hahha hmm green. im weired out by those green bagels- mostly bc theres probably wayyy too much green dye in my opinion. and im not a fan of the “corn beef and cabbage” nor do i really enjoy soda bread (depends…) so, i usually wear this cute little leprachaun pin I have for my green spirit!! :)
    altho i will most likely be eating broccoli tomorow, so that counts for green right? 😉

18. I’m going to eat some lettuce! :)

19. I really don’t like any green things!! I hated when they came up with green ketchup… it grossed me out!! I wil wear green though maybe!

1. Oh my gosh, me too! And purple ketchup too. Bad, bad idea!

20. I want to incorporate green into all my meals! Perfect way to use up all my spinach :)