Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Healthy Cookie Dough Dip

If you received an email from Pinterest saying I didn’t want you to pin my recipes, this is NOT true! I am so sorry for this and have no idea why they would send such messages out.

As is obvious from the fact that I have a Chocolate Covered Katie Pinterest Board, I very much love and appreciate when people pin my recipes. Please accept my apologies, and do not worry about pinning my recipes in the future… I’m honored when people pin things from my site.

HEALTHY COOKIE DOUGH DIP - the recipe has over 350k repins on pinterest!

Healthy Cookie Dough Dip… it’s like an unbaked form of those popular White Bean Blondies.

I don’t know about you, but when I make the blondies, quite a bit of the raw dough gets consumed in the process! So I figured, why bother baking them at all? Especially with the summer weather approaching, this cookie dough dip is a great way to get your blondie fix without turning on the oven.

But will “normal” people like it?

Often, I’m unsure if a recipe with which I am in love will be a hit with the general population of people who aren’t used to healthy food. Yes, I have my wonderful taste-testing friends, but by now, they pretty much know that anything I’m asking them to taste will be healthy. Therefore, I worry their judgment might be biased (i.e. they might think, “Well, this is good… for a healthy dessert.) I don’t want my desserts to be good for a healthy dessert. I want them to be good, period.

The following is directly from my About Chocolate Covered Katie page.

I refuse to believe one must give up delicious food in order to be healthy… Healthy food can taste incredible when it’s prepared the right way.

Chickpea Cookie Dough Dip

I brought this healthy cookie dough dip to a party. But I didn’t tell anyone it was healthy, and I didn’t tell anyone it was mine. I simply set the dip down on the table amidst the other snacks.

Something amazing happened…

People tried the dip. They went back for seconds. Then thirds. Everyone kept asking, “Who brought the cookie dough dip? I need this recipe!” And I can’t tell you how many girls said, “Ugh I gotta stop eating this stuff” or “Where are my fat pants?”

Healthy Cookie Dough Dip

When I finally admitted the dip was healthy (and that it contained chickpeas!), no one would believe me. Therefore, this chickpea cookie dough dip recipe is a winner.

Cookie Dough Dip with Beans

Healthy Cookie Dough Dip

Print This Recipe 4.92/5

• 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
  • 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
  • just over 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (If you use peanut butter, it will have a slight pb cookie dough taste, so if you don't want this, try the Deep Dish Cookie Pie, unbaked. instead)
  • up to 1/4 cup milk of choice, only if needed
  • Sweetener of choice (see note below, for amount)
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips Or raw chocolate chips - recipe in the Chocolate-Covered Katie Cookbook
  • 2 to 3 tbsp oats (Ground flax will also work)
Total Time: 10m

Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a good food processor, and process until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips. (Some commenters have had success with a blender, but I did not. Try that at your own risk, and know the results will be better in a high-quality food processor such as a Cuisinart.) If made correctly and blended long enough, this should have the exact texture of real cookie dough!

See the following link for: *Sugar-Free Cookie Dough Dip*

Sweetener Notes: I used 2/3 cup brown sugar when I first made this for the party. Liquid sweeteners (agave, maple, etc.) are fine as well, as is evaporated cane juice. You can get away with less sugar– some people will be perfectly fine with just 3 tbsp for the whole recipe! And if you don’t want any sugar, be sure to check out the “no-sugar” version linked above.

white bean cookie dough dip

You can, of course, just eat this healthy cookie dough dip by the spoonful. For the party, I served it with graham crackers, but fresh fruit would also be nice. Or, you could get totally crazy and dip in some of these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies.

healthy chocolate chip cookies

By popular demand, you can now receive emails whenever a new recipe is posted:

Get FREE healthy recipes in your inbox

So you won’t have to remember to keep checking back! :)

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Tashina says:

I bought hard chic peas in bulk, I’ve never cooked with them

1. Tashina says:

Figured it out! Let them soak overnight or boil for 5 mins and let soak for an hour.

2. Amanda says:

Katie there are so many people out there using this recipe! I just came across another version of this on MindBodyGreen and I’m pretty sure they stole the cookie dough recipe from you. There’s no way they just happened to come up with the same proportions of ingredients, and you posted this 3 years ago!! Does that ever make you annoyed? There was a variation of it that you might want to try sometime to bring it over the top though! They rolled the dip into balls and then froze them. Then melted chocolate chips and dipped the frozen balls into the melted chocolate. Then put them back in the freezer to harden. (only takes a few minutes) Then EAT! And they can be stored in the fridge and either eaten cold or room temperature. Anyway, just wanted to tell you about it because I know you love chocolate like me, so this is a fun treat. I used half of my batch as a dip and the other half to make some into the balls dipped in chocolate. :) I used your tip about the stevia. I left out all of the sugar and used 1.5 teaspoons of NuNaturals stevia powder (3 packets). Still DELICIOUS!!!! And sugar free other than the chocolate, so I can feel a little bit better about devouring half the batch on the first day!!! 😀 Thank you for being so awesome and having so many amazing, delicious and healthy recipes! What would we do without you?!?!

3. yvonne says:

I meant to drop a note…last year! My teen son has food allergies and a sweet tooth so I used the agave option, etc. Throughout the week, he ate the entire bowl! I don’t have to sneak beans into his pasta sauce anymore. I just mix up a bowl of this and stick it in the fridge.
    Thank you, and thank you again for every time that bowl has emptied!

4. Brianna says:

I can’t explain how good this dip is. I made it last night and I thought it would taste terrible because I put too much nut butter in. I had it this morning for breakfast and it was literally perfect, though. Katie, you’ve seriously outdone yourself this time. This is actually the best cookie dough I have ever eaten.

5. Sadie says:

I love this recipe. It is awesomely healthy with sliced apples!!

It is truly a great one. I found that a food processor is essential to the success of the recipe. Also, peeling the bitter membrane off of the cooked/canned garbonzos is really important. Maple syrup or coconut sugar taste awesome as the sweetener.

A fair warning, this dip always turns green for me when stored. It hasn’t gone bad, it’s just an unattractive color. The best fix is to secure some plastic wrap right on the dip to eliminate contact with air.

6. Meghan says:

Hi Katie! Love this recipe!!! I’ve made it several times and it’s super good. Do you happen to have the nutrition information for it? Thanks!

7. Casey says:

So I calculated the nutritonal facts for my version which was:
    1 1/2 cups Low Sodium Canned Chickpea

Calories: 316
    Fat: 15g
    Carbs: 42g
    Sugar 19g
    Protein: 10

8. edie says:

This is amazing! I am not even a huge chickpea fan so I was very skeptical. I will definitely bring this to my next party and trick people. Most amazing I thought I’d be eating the whole batch but, it filled me up. I love it!

9. Stephanie says:

I just made your cookie dough dip. I cannot believe it has beans in it!! I have seen your recipe for sooo long and had wanted to try it, but I didn’t have a food processor. :-( So I finally went to the store to buy a food processor and end up buying a blender/food processor in one. I was kinda worried that the food processor wouldn’t work as well since it was a combo. However, I have only had fantastic results. Of course, I couldn’t wait to try your dip. I have a class party tomorrow so I decided to make it for that. My first taste was a real shock. I expected a slight bean aftertaste, but I couldn’t taste the beans at all! My 18 year old brother (who didn’t know the secret) really likes it! I hope the others like it as much! Thank you for your wonderful recipes! 😀

10. Kaitlyn says:

I finally got around to trying this since I’m having a major craving for something sweet. I was very skeptical and prepared to break out the ice cream in the back of the freezer, but darn it girl, you are good! It actually does taste like cookie dough! The things you can do with beans never ceases to amaze me!

11. Natalie says:

Katie you clever thing! This is wonderful!! The small food processor piece of my hand blender worked ok for this :) I’m happy it did! What’s healthy to dip? I’m trying apples and they’re ok… Thanks again for a fantastic recipe

12. linkthehylian says:

Hi, Katie!

I know this recipe was posted pre-nutritional facts inclusion days :) But, I was wondering if you have nutritional facts available/worked out at this point by chance. I realize there are a lot of variants in use of ingredients and that it would just be a best estimate – perfect example: I’m making it for the nth time and decided to try out dark brown sugar and golden raisens as sweetener. But even so! Just wondering…do you? :)

All the best to you!

13. Kimberly says:

Ok, we don’t really eat healthy around here. I kind of like old fashioned Betty Crocker cookbook food, but this was delicious. My family of 7 ALL loved it. I admit, we used regular peanut butter and brown sugar for the sweetener, but all in all it was awesome!

14. lennon says:

Hey there! This dip sounds delightful. What are some good ideas for what to dip into it? Any healthy options to try?

15. Patti says:

Loved! it!!!!!!

16. Aarini says:

Hi! It looks soooo good! I just wanted to ask you whether you have to soak the chickpeas for a while, or should you just blend them when they’re still hard? Because, the ones I bought were not in a can, but in a package. So they’re very hard!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Canned chickpeas have been cooked, so you need to cook them.

17. Jasmine says:

Have you tried to make it with pb2? If so, how did it turn out?

18. Tamera says:

Mistakes not to make with chickpea cookie dough: not rinsing the beans. Blechh.
    I’ll have to try again sometime when I’m not so oblivious!! I’m sad that this whole batch has this disgusting inedible smell :(

19. Gabrijela says:

I was just wondering how many calories does the dip have?

20. Nat says:

What can you eat with them? :))

21. Nat says:

What can I eat with this recipe? :) I want to try but am very apprehensive Abt it…

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Graham crackers, banana slices, strawberries, or eat with a spoon…

22. Bri says:

I don’t know what I did wrong, but it did not come out tasting like cookie dough :(

23. Rachel says:

I tried this and it tastes VERY beany…what kind of white beans did you use? And what kind of nut butter?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Read CCK’s FAQ page at the top of the blog for troubleshooting. Also, read through the other comments on this post.

24. Amy says:

Katie I FINALLY bought a food processor after months of gawking over this recipe (and the cake batter one and the snickerdoodle dip) and it turned out AMAZING! You really can’t taste the chickpeas at all. This is hands down the healthiest recipe I have made that whole heartedly tastes like a decadent dessert! You’re so awesome I can’t wait for your cook book to be published!!! :)

25. Megisha says:

Oh, my, goodness! I have to try this! I would DEFINITELY eat this stiff by the spoonful.

26. lennon says:

Hello! I was wondering what you could sub in for the peanut butter for those allergic to all nuts? The Deep Dish Cookie Pie seems not to be as healthy.

27. Anna says:

This recipe had mixed reactions. I liked it, as did my little brother and friend. The people I made it for hated it. They thought it was bland and too peanut-buttery. Next time I will add cinnamon and sub half the PB for coconut oil.

28. Deb says:

I just made this a few days ago and it was delicious. You can taste the peas but it is not overwhelming. Will be making again!

29. Meghan says:

Has anyone ever tried freezing this? Was it successful?

30. Aria says:

I made this using maple syrup as the sweetener and it came out almost like a smoothie. It’s still good but it’s definitely not a cookie dough dip. More like…liquid cookie dough. Any suggestions? Idk if it was the maple syrup or what :/

1. A.Pera says:

Did you add the milk? Maybe leave out the milk, I didn’t need any when I made it.

31. Taylor says:

I was so worried when I first began making this that it wouldn’t turn out (I’ve had bad experiences with raw recipes so I’m always on the edge when trying them) but this turned out FANTASTIC. I just indulged on some for supper and it was perfect with graham crackers! Thank you so much for the amazing recipe! It feels good knowing I can eat such an awesome dip without having to feel guilt for the ingredients.

32. Cynthia says:

Can I use chickpea flour? how do I convert the measurement? Thanks!

33. Tutemi says:

Can you make this ahead and freeze it? What about the other one you linked to?

I wouldn’t recommend it.

34. Kristal says:

I made this recipe twice and it was SPECTACULAR!!!!! I actually used it for ice cream one time. Love this recipe…. Will make again (x10:-)BTW I didn’t taste the beans and the baking powder added a good taste to the dip as a whole. Thank you 999,999,999 x’s!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. Mari says:

I tried making this tonight and it was really good! I don’t eat chickpeas a lot, other than store bought hummus, but when I tried making this recipe the chickpeas had skins on them or something and it felt stringy in texture. Is that supposed to happen or did I do something wrong? haha

36. Sarah says:

I have bagged chickpeas, do they need to be soaked overnight?

37. Lindsay says:

Hi there! How many people would this recipe feed do you think?

Maybe 10?

38. Olivia says:

I only have classic white beans in hand, will it taste the same or do you get better results from garbanzo beans?

39. Jenn says:

I made this last night, although I added a bit of flour and increased the oats to almost 1/2 cup. It was okay. I wasn’t really impressed. And then… THEN, I ate some after work today and, holy cow, is it amazing!! I don’t know what it did in the refrigerator, but whatever it was culminated in pure magic!! Everyone in this house loves it!!

40. kara says:

What is the serving size for this and nutritional facts?

41. Cheryl says:

A friend turned me on to your site and the next day I went out and bought a food processor – I’d never owned one before! Last night I used it to slice potatoes (uh-mazing) and today I used it make this dip. Oh Em Gee so good! I cannot believe my taste buds! My only complaint with mine is I got chocolate chips from Save-A-Lot and they don’t have much taste to them so I’m going to splurge on better chips next time.

42. Amanda Collier says:

Since these aren’t baked, I wondered if the baking soda were entirely necessary. Can we leave that out, or does it lend a baked cookie taste to the dip?

43. I’m totally making this for a BBQ this weekend. I’ve had it pinned forever and this is the perfect opportunity to make it for a crowd. :)

44. Bri says:

Just wondering, has anyone made this with an immersion blender? I’m considering buying a food processor just for this recipe but I keep finding that immersion blenders are supposedly better for pureeing.

45. Marissa says:

Katie: I made this three years ago and it’s still one of my favorite dip recipes. Kudos. Also, more importantly: what is your hair regimen?!

1. Thanks :)
      I try to not do very much to my hair at all and don’t ever blow it dry (mostly out of laziness…). I condition it almost daily but only use shampoo every three days or so. And ponytails only when I absolutely can’t avoid it; they can break your hair off!

46. Megan says:

It’s good, but has a strong hummus aftertaste of which I am not fond. Just means I’ll have to put another bite in my mouth. And another…

47. Caitlin says:

okay, so i’ve been making recipes from your blog ever since i found it about a year ago – and i’ve made TONS of stuff from CCK! (including other chick pea and bean based desserts). Well, it’s my TOM, and so i was craving something …like chocolate chip cookie dough! and i’d seen your recipe but never made it til just now…and i LOVE it! i didn’t have any chocolate chips :( BUT i have dates so i made chocolately date dough (dates+cocoa powder) and added little balls of them to the dip (if i had any chocolate chips in the house right now that’d be dangerous lol). anyways, just had a spoonful or two and it’s GREAT! really helps the something sweet and unhealthy craving :D. thanks again for ANOTHER great recipe!

48. Ellen says:

All I can say is I have just consumed an entire can of beans….wow I am going to have the runs really bad tomorrow.
    Besides that it was delicious, I can’t believe how much it truly tastes like cookie dough!!! The only thing was the slight tinny flavour… I want to find out how to combat this.

49. Diane says:

what sort of oil do you recommend for the cookie dough dip

Vegetable or coconut.

50. Juval Porat says:

Any ideas about the calories for this dough? Thanks!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Nutrition facts listed in this post which is very similar recipe:

51. Steph says:

Just made this- SO good!!! My good friend is getting married and has sworn off sweets and junk food, so I made this with dark chocolate shavings for her wedding shower- HUGE hit! Now I have to make all the other versions too!

52. Susan says:

I just made this. We only had Nutella, so it probably ended up a little less healthy. I will get some almond butter for next time.

My kids loved it and so did I.

53. shannon dove says:

Has anyone tried this with Splenda brown sugar?

54. Nora says:

I just wonderd; do you have ca calorie-number for the whole thing? :p

55. Brenda Kiefer says:

Surprisingly delicious! I made this dip for a get together this weekend. My friends really liked it, even one 9 year old boy. He said, “I love it.”

56. Monique says:

I absolutely LOVE this recipe. Only yesterday I brought it along to a vegetarian party and it was really yum! Anyway, I read you have started working with protein powders as well if I’m not mistaken and I have made this recipe with some vanilla-flavored casein. You could check out the recipe on my website but mostly I would recommend you to try it, it is reallyreally good and the vanilla flavor works really well.

57. Kara says:

I just made this and YES it is so good!

58. Keara says:

I love your blog so much, I recommend it to everyone! I personally found that I prefer white beans to chickpeas because they have less of a flavour, if anyone wanted to know :) I plan on making this tonight to have with cinnamon sweet potato crackers. Hopefully that makes for a good combo…

59. Eveline says:

OMG I just made it and it is awesome! And way more than I thought it was going to be! And I love the little peanut butter after taste :)

60. Jen DIETZ says:

How many servings do you estimate the healthy cookie dough recipe is?

61. Denise says:

What is the nutritional value of this? I can’t find it anywhere, and I would like to know how many calories I’m about to eat in a single sitting. Haha!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

This recipe was published before Katie started including nutrition. BUT I know the recipe will be in her cookbook, and she said there will be nutrition info for all the recipes in her cookbook, so if you’re interested here is a link to that:

62. Fern says:

I swapped the chocolate chips for dried cranberries and topped with a bit do desiccated coconut! Really nice addition and made it look nice too :) thanks for the recipe!

63. Mor says:

I made this with white beans, it came out nice but no body from my family dares to try it!

64. Traci says:

I just made this dip, it is so good. We taste tested it before tomorrow because I am bringing it to my bible study group. After my two picky kids ate it and said how much they loved it, I laughed and told them it has beans in it. They were shocked. They are begging for more but I had to put it away for tomorrow. I was a little skeptical at first but really happy to have a healthy treat.
    Thanks so much for your website. My family is trying to make positive dietary changes and your recipes are a great help. We are totally addicted to junk food but taking steps in the right direction. Thanks again! Sorry for the long post.

65. Kaye says:

I’m confused about the ingredient “deep dish cookie pie.” What is it? Thank you!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Everything that is written in blue letters on Katie’s site is actually a link to a recipe. So just click on the blue letters to see the recipe :)

66. Paige says:

Yay, thanks! I just whipped some up (so easy! so yummy!) and it’s chilling in the fridge until tonight’s “Pinterest Party”! We’re all supposed to bring a food that we’d pinned but never actually made. I do feel bad, though, because after I’d decided on it and started making it I realized that one of my best friends is allergic to peanuts and won’t be able to have any.
    Oh well…more for me. lol. (clearly I’m a great friend).

67. Naomi says:

Katie, you’re super awesome for developing things that I want to put together. I’m super excited about trying this recipe and seeing if my husband or kids can figure out that it’s not junk food.

68. Ashlee says:

Can you use dry chickpeas that you boil and cook first?

69. Sarah says:

Hi there.
    Thank you so much for your recipe.
    I must say I did try it this morning and it was SO delicious, and so filling. Like you would never think hey..I would usually be hungry by now but I am not.
    Love your work!

70. Lisa says:

What does everyone like to us as dippers? I saw the graham crackers….Thanks. I want to try this so badly!

71. Donna says:

Hi Katie, love your blog! This recipe looks absolutely delish. I would love to make the sugar-free version for my family, but can’t get the link to work. Tried searching the archives, but no luck. Can you direct me to that version? Thanks ever so much!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

The link works for me. Is this the one you are clicking? What do you see if not the actual post? Are you getting an error message?

1. Donna says:

Hi Katie,
        Thanks for responding. I couldn’t get it to work when I clicked on it, but I tried a right click and “open in new tab” and that worked. Just didn’t think of that before! Can’t wait to try it. Have a blessed day! :)

72. Shar says:

TY for allowing us to pin your recipes. Pinterest pins are where I found your blog! I generally spend a fair amount of time here because of it. :) I LOVE your blog and recipes. Your writing style is awesome and fun. GREAT JOB!

73. Nin says:

Hi there, this is great! Do you know the shelf life for this? I’m planning to send this as gifts to be mailed.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

A few days in the fridge. I’m not sure it would do well in the mail unless you bought dry ice or something to keep it cool.

74. CC says:

Can you substitute the nut butter with anything (allergy)?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

You can either use Sunbutter, or–as it says in the recipe–you can use the following recipe and skip the baking step:

75. Nicole says:

So I made this today with a can of lentils, I used 1/4 cup of pb2 a little light vanilla almond milk and about a 1/4 brown sugar, used 3 tsp flax and 2tbs oats then mixed in some mini chocolate chips and is delicious! I’ve been craving sweets so bad I needed something that at least had something healthy in it andthis is perfect!

76. Kevin says:

This is fantastic!

I like the bit you put about “normal” people liking it. Over the past year or so, eating healthier (and eventually now becoming vegan) my palate has changed considerably. Things that I think are absolutely to die for, others who do not consistently eat healthy think they are not so scrumptious.

Nonetheless, the “normal” people in my life find this dip as delicious as I do. Although, I never told them what was in it :) which has a tendency to change people’s minds

77. Kat says:

I made it with kidney beans and added a little more vanilla and 1/3 cup of maple syrup + 1 tbs brown sugar…it was perfect 😉 like a red velvet cookie dough! I may have snuck in some cocoa powder too, so it was basically the brownie dip in the end 😀

78. Lori says:

Is there a link to the nutritional info for this recipe, I.e. Calories, etc. thanks!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

She had not started posting nutrition information when she posted this recipe, but I do know that it will be in her cookbook and that the cookbook has nutrition facts. Just in case you are interested. I’m not affiliated with the blog, just a fan!

79. Emily says:

Quick question… Is this something that I can make in the morning to serve in the evening or do I have to serve it right after making? Also do you store it in the refrigerator?

80. Caitlyn says:

I was finally able to muster up the courage to make this today, and had everyone try it before revealing what was in it. Everyone said it was good! It tasted like peanut butter cookie dough with chocolate chips…I was impressed. For my sweetener I used a quarter cup of maple syrup. I would make it again!

81. Rochelle says:

Can you use steel cut oats?

82. DP says:

Do you think I can use WOWbutter instead of Peanut Butter – for my nut free child?

83. Mandie says:

ALL your bean desserts are AWESOME, Katie. And the dips are super party pleasers!

84. A.Pera says:

I just tried this with 3tbs of sugar and without the chocolate chips and it was STILL perfect!

85. Sara says:

Thank you can’t wait to try this. FYI, for some reason your Sugar Free link isn’t working. It actually lets me edit the page, which I’m sure you do not want.

THanks again

1. Thanks for letting me know this! I’m not sure what happened, and it only seemed to be an issue on the mobile version (also, it wouldn’t actually accept the edits, thankfully). I’ve had a lot of issues with Ziplist… I switched it back to the non-printable version, and the correct link is here:

86. Alessandra London says:

This is so amazing!! THANKS Katie, you save my diet forever!!!
    My little one love this as well, thanks…thanks

87. Alyssa B says:

I’m not kidding. To sweeten, I used 2 T brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of an erithritol/stevia baking blend. (I make it myself. I put 1 cup erithritol, 1 tsp pure stevia powder, 1/4 tsp xanthan gum and 2 T white sugar in the food processor and pulse until the crystals are the size of sugar. Use 1:1 with white sugar.)

Also, I used 2 T peanut butter and 2 T cashew butter. It didn’t have a pb taste at all. (I think a little pb is necessary in eggless cookie dough recipes. It does something magical gives it that “cookie dough” taste.)
    I tossed in 1/4 cup each of oats and chocolate chips at the end and pulsed several times. It was PERFECT!

You don’t need a “fancy” food processor for this recipe to turn out. I have a Hamilton beach that came with a bowl scraper that I got for like $40 on Amazon that I love. It makes hummus, nut butter, and CCK recipes like a dream. I would NOT put this in a blender. I tried to make hummus in my blendtec one time and it was a disaster. Way to thick.

P.s. I guess this basically is “dessert hummus,” but that just sounds gross.

88. Shelby says:

Hey Katie! I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely LOVE your recipes!!!! Thank you so much for putting so much time into making them super delicious! I visit your site often and recommend it to everyone I know :) You’re amazing!

Have a wonderful day!

89. Katarina says:

If you want a blender-friendly version, I had to improvise one. Basically, combine just the chickpeas and milk in the blender and puree as for a smoothie. Transfer it to a bowl to stir in the other ingredients. If you want, you can pulse the oats to grind them a little; I stirred them in whole because I like their texture.

90. Michelle says:

Hi! Can you tell me about how many cups this will make? I am trying to guess at a serving size so that I can type the recipe in and get some nutritional info. Thanks!

Hi Michelle,
      If you have Katie’s cookbook, it lists both the servings AND full nutrition facts for this recipe. (I’m not affiliated with the blog. I’m just a big fan.)

91. Elizabeth says:

What’s the calorie count for this recipe? By the way, I love it!!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Katie hadn’t started listing calorie information back when this was posted a few years ago. However, this is one of the few “not new” recipes that made it into her cookbook, and in the book it DOES have nutrition facts:

92. Evie says:

Hi! I’m wondering if the chocolate chip dip can be frozen to make a mock ice cream?

93. Sybilla F says:

Do you have the nutritional information for this dip? Just wondering how it fits into a diet.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

This is one of the reader favorite recipes Katie added to her cookbook, and in the book it lists full nutrition information. Hope that helps!

94. Lindsey Baginski says:

I am pregnant and can’t have raw cookie dough anymore.
    I am going to make this now:).

95. AmyG says:

This is delicious! Thank you! Do you have a calorie count for it?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

The recipe is in her new cookbook, and all of the recipes in the book feature calorie counts :-)

96. Tory says:

My friend makes this for every party and it always disappears within minutes!

Check out my Vegan Salted Dark Chocolate Cookies!

97. Geela Gordon says:

looks great to eat and serve at a party

98. Shannon M says:

This was so good we’ve made it twice this week! The first time we used white beans, powdered peanut butter, and maple syrup. The second time we used garbanzo beans, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter, and stevia in the raw. Both times we used dark chocolate chunks. Thank you for the recipe!

99. germankate says:

I am writing this comment while my kids (meatlovers aged 3-12) munch away on a big bowl of cookie dough dip served with fruit. They requested me to make it at least once a week now so “eating apples is less boring”

Needless to say: I…, WE, are big fans of your recipes and the blog!!

By the way, trying to cut down on sugar, so I used soaked dates as sweetener, it’s just as good as the original recipe. Thanks a bunch!

100. Jill says:

Is the nutritional value available? I see that missing from your recipes. Thank you.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

If you have her cookbook, this recipe has full nutrition facts listed in the book:

101. Bridget says:

This dip is delicious! I’m so glad that I finally tried it. I had some of it with sliced pears last night and then an apple for a morning snack, but I couldn’t resist the rest of it so I finished it off with a spoon! I definitely don’t regret it since it’s so healthy!. For the sweetener I opted for 3 tablespoons of honey and it was just the right amount of sweetness as I don’t have a big sweet tooth. Cannot wait to make this again!

102. Casey says:

Just made this for the first time today. Mine came out a bit runnier than actual dough….but I suppose I could add more oats and maybe less milk next time? Either way, tho, still tastes great!!

103. Emily says:

HI do you think you can make healthy donuts? And frosting?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Hi, I’m not Katie, but I saw your question and wanted to respond because her cookbook has a healthy chocolate glazed donuts recipe I’ve made twice now that is absolutely to die for! (I’m not affiliated with the book, just a HUGE fan)

104. Lynda says:

My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web page and thought I may as well check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to going over
    your web page for a second time.

105. Sarah Jane says:

Oh my goodness! SO GOOD! I was pretty doubtful to be honest because of the beans in this recipe – but wow, this recipe turned out delicious! Cookie dough is my favorite snack, LOVE the healthy recipe!

106. Jasmijn says:

I just made this..
    I have to force myself to not eat all of it.
    Thank god people like you exist.
    So much love!

107. Flo says:

This recipe is somewhat different from the one I use. I want to try this one, but thought I would say that I use cocao nibs instead of chocolate chips–not quite as sweet, but gives a nice crunch. They do lose some if that crunch if not served right away and refrigerated for several hours.

108. Rachel says:

Hi Katie,
    This isn’t the first recipe of yours I’ve made (without telling family what’s REALLY in it) but It is the first time I’ve made it for my partner. Despite putting almost double the oats in (by accident-oops) it went down quickly and lip-smackingly.
    I’m begging everyone I know for your cookbook this Christmas, thanks for letting me bake without feeling so guilty!

109. Ginger says:

omg, I can’t wait to try this, hoping to impress a certain in law whose obsessed with cookie dough

110. Sandy says:

Hi Katie!

We LOVE this image and have featured it in a new article, with full accreditation and linkage. Please get in touch with us for more details.

Thanks! :-)

111. Cetta says:

Made this today and …. WOW!! The husband and son loved it! So glad to sneak in some healthy beans in without them knowing!! They really did not believe the main ingredient was beans!

I opted for cannellini beans (just had them on hand) – turned out amazing! Definitely a thorough wash is needed for canned beans. I also used my Ninja blender and it worked just great. The consistency was that of cookie dough!! I used the 2/3 cup brown sugar and next time I will cut that down a bit as I feel the recipe is delicious and doesn’t need as much.

I chilled for an hour before severing with suggested graham crackers! Thank you so much for such a great recipe!

112. Finally made it!!! Yay! So I used 1/3 C. Honey then decided to add an additional 2 TBSP Granulated Splenda. (I know Splenda may be defeating the whole ‘health’ aspect but I didn’t want to add any more honey and I wanted to eliminate that little last bit of ‘bean’ taste.) I also used Sunflower Butter. Added a lot of chips…prob. 3/4 C. I think they came out really good. No one has tried them yet (it’s late) so I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to see what everyone thinks. Thanks for the recipe! PS I was wondering if you’ve heard of anyone making Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream using this recipe?

113. Michaela says:

How well does this store? Would you recommend keeping it in the fridge? Looks delicious btw – can’t wait to try it!

114. Kendall says:

Thank you for this recipe! Do you have the nutrition facts for it? Thanks!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Do you have her cookbook, by any chance? This is one of the few blog recipes included in the book, and it has nutrition facts listed there.

115. Bretta Thompson says:

I JUST made this. OMGOSH! Talk about delicious! It tastes like COOKIE DOUGH! I used a full can of Chickpeas, 1/8 cup of coconut palm sugar, 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter, (it is nothing but peanuts, no additives) and I didn’t need any milk. I added the salt and baking soda and vanilla, and I used DARK chocolate chips but only half the amount because my food processor chopped them up nicely, oh and 2 tbsp of raw oats. ITS AMAZING! Incredible!!! My new go to! Thank you so much!

116. Lizz says:

This was DECADENT! Can you bake this version, too? If so, how long at what temperature would you suggest?

117. Emanuel says:

I’ve stated the various ways of outsourcing Search Engine Optimization at the start of
    this piece.

118. Raw Manuka Honey features a very distinctive ‘bush’ flavour that is
    certainly absolutely scrumptious. I am big fan of high sodium intake for strength and energy production so I
    always have a few pickles every day and add sea salt to much of food.
    A newborn is then at risk for meningitis, pneumonia and blood infections3.

119. Luiza says:

Sorry, this doesnt work with stevia. I dont know if it would work with sugar, but with stevia was just unedible. I tried adding more nut butter (used cashew) and still tasted really bad, then I roll the dough into balls and baked them! Still, I had to throw the whole cookie batch away. So sad.
    Most recipes here are great though. I baked the flourless cheese bread today and it was great with some marinated tomatoes and onions on the top.

120. Joy says:

This was delish! Thanks so much for the recipe! Now to test it on the boy!

121. Molly says:

Will this keep well in the fridge? Wondering how far in advance I can make it for a party!

122. Katie!!! I’ve made these several times for friends and family and they never guessed it was healthy! (I still haven’t told them heheh)
    Thanks for another great recipe!

123. Melody Fawssett says:

I just want to say: Katie I think you’re a genius!
    Your recipes are so yummy and nutritious! Thank you for generously sharing them.
    Melody (in Australia)

124. Lise says:

I whipped some of this up the other day and there’still a little bit sitting in my fridge! I doubt it will last long! For anyone who doubts this tastes exactly like cookie dough, let me just tell you…..this fooled a couple of teenage boys! It’s truly delicious, I’m sure I’ll be making more in the near future!

125. Trisha says:

Hi….I’m so devastated…I can’t buy your book on Amazon Australia :(

1. Hi Trisha,

Unfortunately no Australian publishers picked up the book (which makes me very sad), but the good news is that Book Depository offers free shipping worldwide and does carry the book!

126. Sabrina says:

I made this tonight and I enjoyed it. I followed the recipe for ‘normal people’ but my daughter thought it tasted weird. She had no idea what was in it either. I just told her it was cookie dough dip (she’s normally all about junk food) but she didn’t like it.

I read the comments about it tasting beany so I rinsed it in a strainer, then I dumped it in a bowl, filled it with water and strained it again. I did this six times. Then I rinsed it off in the strainer for another 30 seconds. There’s definitely a hint of beans.

127. Hannah says:

I have to admit, I was weary of this recipe. I’ve had chocolate chickpea dip before, and it wasn’t that great.
    But this recipe is. So. Amazing.
    I honestly don’t know how you did it.
    It’s one of the best things I’ve ever tasted. Now, the problem is, not eating the whole batch…

128. Loretta says:

I have made this before per your recipe and it was great. I used a vita mix at the time, because I didn’t have a food processor. I still don’t have a food processor, but now have a Nutribullet. Well, I don’t know what went wrong, but it came out like a cookie dough milkshake (all my fault). I didn’t have almond butter and when you said you can use oil, I opted for coconut oil, same amount as nut butter ingredient. So, I don’t know if it was the oil, the nutribullet or what! Anyway, it is pretty thin and I put in the freezer and some in fridge to see if it thickens and hardens. On another note, I want to try making again, just won’t leave it in the nutribullet so long, however, I am out of dates now. Do you have a suggestion for a substitute, please? Thank you for sharing all your recipes. I can’t wait to get your cookbook!

129. Jan says:

I do not have a food processor. Could I mash all the ingredients with a potato masher? This looks so good!

130. Angie14 says:

Hey! I love your blog, and have tried several recipes and LOVED them, but I made this today, and did not like it at all. I’ve read a lot of the reviews on this, so I know that when you make it right, it really does taste like cookie dough, but mine tasted really weird. Was it because I used Peanut butter? or where my garbanzo beans bad? It had small chunks and was kinda slimy and had a weird after taste. Please tell me so I can try again! The reviews make it sound sooo good! thanks so much!
    p.s. what is the baking soda for?

131. Catherine says:

Thanks so much for this! The kids (ages 6 and 11) and I just made it today for snack because they were rammy and bored. They chose the sugar-sweetened version, but we only put in 1/3 cup brown sugar and then tasted it. They were happy with it, so we stopped there! They declared that there was no chickpea taste at all, and I agree. I would definitely bring this to a party, stand back, and watch with glee as people snacked it down.

132. Karen says:

After lusting over this recipe for several months, I finally worked up the courage to try it. It’s SO worth the food processor clean-up. I’m pregnant and have no shame admitting that I did spoon this over my coconut milk ice cream. Yummy!!!

One note, I used coconut sugar as sweetener and think I’ll try a different option next time because it tasted faintly burned. Could be my brand of coconut sugar, but it will definitely be great with maple syrup next time. Highly recommend this recipe and Katie’s site.

133. Kate Smith says:

What kind of nut butter did you use? I would like to create this the first time the exact way you did for the party, so I will be using the 2/3 cup of brown sugar, but I do not know what nut butter to recreate this with.

134. C Tern says:

Oh gosh, this is making my stomach growl.. if I had beans in the house now, I know what I’d be eating right now! Your pictures are phenomenal, by the way :)

135. Kelly Oyer says:

Am I wrong in assuming this is canned chic peas or white northern?

136. After looking at this recipe for probably a year – finally made it. You are genius!

This really, really does taste like Cookie dough. Having made humus all my life, I decided to use Northern Beans instead, if only because of the mental picture I’d get that I was eating humus with chocolate chips (eeew). LOL.

I added MCT oil instead of any milk at all (probably made it richer/creamier?) and went to town with the cuisinart. 4 mins on low 3 minutes on high. If you go nuts like I did, chilll your “cookie batter” a bit before adding the chips. I hadn’t realized the pulsing had warmed it enough to actually start to melt the chips when I was folding them in. ha ha!

I made it with very loosely packed brown sugar 3/4 cup, put a full 1/4 tsp of salt – I like the savory/sweet play but even with the extra salt it was very sweet. I might even lower the sugar to just under 3/4. When she says you could use less sugar you really can!

If you’re doubting this recipe in any way – DON’T!!! No bean taste whatsoever. It tastes decadent. I might even try it with humus- I mean chickpea next time. :-)

137. Amber says:

my family can’t to any nuts or nut butter if can this recipe be made using vegetable oil?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Yes. Use the batter for this recipe:
      It’s basically the cookie dough dip made with oil instead of nut butter.

138. Mikea says:

This was so awesome! I just made it and my husband said “this is healthy?” Haha literally one of the best things we’ve ever had! We had it with club multi-grain crackers and graham crackers. My 3 year old kept licking it off the cracker then dipping again! Haha i will be making this for my 1 year olds’ bday party. Thank you for a great recipe. Looking forward to exploring your site!

139. Danielle says:

Every once in a while there is a conversation in my house that goes a little bit like this:
    Mom/sister/friend: “I want cookie dough.”
    Me: “We have the ingredients. And the electricity.”
    M/S/F: *blank stare*

140. Shelby says:

Did you use natural peanut butter in your original dip that you brought to the party? :)

1. I have made it many times now, and both natural or skippy-type peanut butter work!

141. Carole Ann says:

I made the cookie dough dip for a football party with 4 boys between 13 – 17 and they loved it! I put a little more brown sugar in because I was making it for the boys and it turned out a little runnier and darker, but they ate the whole bowl! I used cannellini beans. Definitely a keeper!

142. Mish says:

I have made this twice, I don’t need half so much maple syrup and I absolutely love it. The boyf has eaten a ridiculous amount with the rationale “it’s basically hummus, i can eat as much as i want” best hummus recipe ever

143. Tracy says:

This is so easy and delicious. I used my Wolf Gourmet blender with no problem at all. Very smooth. Kids love it (didn’t tell them the ingredients).

144. Anna says:

This stuff is AWESOME! I’ve made several times now, its even good with out the chocolate chips. Thanks for sharing :)

145. Hey Katie This recipe is amazing, I didn’t have any Chocolate chips so It was Just dough But It is delicious I love the texture. I do have one question though, have you posted any nutrition facts for this recipe I noticed that you usually do. Did I just miss them is time?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Do you have her book? The nutrition facts are included for this recipe in the book if you have it!

146. Jenna says:

I just finished making it, and I like it just fine, but there’s something about it that’s just not my favorite. I can’t put my finger on it unfortunately, but I think it may be the type of sugar I used or the amount, because it was tasting just fine before I added the sugar (which I added last because I forgot it 😶) it just wasn’t sweet enough. Anyway, thank you for this recipe, can’t wait to feed it to my family!!

147. Lindsay says:

My new favorite post long-run breakfast. I used just 3 tbsp Aunt Jemima’s syrup for sweetener and 3 tbsp shredded coconut in lieu of flax or oats. Found the vanilla a little overpowering; I think 1 1/2 tsp would have been sufficient. But delicious!

148. Andrea says:

I know this sounds like a strange question, but the only legume I can have is lentils, do you think lentils might work as a substitute for the chick peas? Thanks!

149. Amanda R. says:

What kind of nut butter did you use? I’m assuming almond butter, but just wanted to make sure.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

You can use almond, peanut, cashew, or even coconut butter!

150. Carrie says:

LOVE THIS DIP! ! I’ve tried it with many different nut butters, but I like it with cashew butter the best. I think it tastes the most like regular cookie dough. I use homemade cashew butter, and I’ve never needed to add any milk to it. I give the oats a whirl in the food processor first, before adding the other ingredients, as I think it gives the dip a smoother consistency which I like. I use a just a couple tablespoons of dark brown sugar as the sweetener because again, I think it gives it the most authentic cookie dough taste and I think it is plenty sweet.

151. Nicole says:

Ohhhh my gosh this stuff is good!! It is so smooth and creamy and you can’t taste the chickpeas at all! And it’s filling, too, which makes it a great snack choice. Thanks, Katie!

152. rachel says:

153. Jennifer says:

Where can I find the nutritional information for this recipe?

154. Genevieve says:

Can this be frozen and then defrosted ok? And how long does it stay good for in the fridge? I’m heading out of town and don’t want it to go bad. Made this with almond butter and half agave, half Lakanto. Super yummy. Got some gluten free graham crackers and the crunch with the dip is perfect! Would love more ideas of what to dip in it.

1. A few days in the fridge. I’ve not tried freezing, but be sure to report back if you do try!

155. Lisa says:

Heat up a couple tablespoons of this stuff in the microwave for up to 10 seconds (more if refrigerated, less if room temp), and you will swear that you are eating the inside of a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie, still hot from the oven. MMMMMMMMM