Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Peanut Butter? Good. Chocolate? Good. Fudge? Good. As Joey would say on Friends, “What’s not to like?”

Chocolate peanut butter fudge that is actually GOOD for you - no sugar, butter, or corn syrup needed! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/06/28/chocolate-peanut-butter-fudge/

The best of both worlds.

Do you remember my No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie?

It’s one of the most-popular recipes on my blog, and for good reason: chocolate and peanut butter are meant for each other. Not that it’s a monogamous relationship… peanut butter also goes out with the likes of jelly and banana, which leaves chocolate open to explore his options with mint, coconut, and strawberries. But there’ll never be a marriage quite like chocolate peanut butter.

Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

The following recipe is sugar-free and healthy, but I promise this healthy chocolate peanut butter fudge tastes just as rich and decadent as traditional fudge. In fact, it might taste even better. Without ingredients like sugar and heavy cream to weigh it down, the true goodness of the chocolate and peanut butter really shine.

Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

(Or chocolate peanut butter frosting!)

• 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp coconut butter or homemade coconut butter
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder (10g)
  • 80g very-ripe banana (1/2 a medium banana)
  • 1/16 tsp salt (more if using unsalted pb)
  • optional: feel free to add a little sweetener if your bananas aren’t ripe enough

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender (I use the Magic Bullet). Scoop into a container or even a little pie pan, and put in the fridge or freezer so it will firm up. (Alternatively, you can eat it soft, like frosting!)

See banana fudge post for Chocolate Fudge Nutrition Facts.

The calories and sugar for this recipe will be the same as the one linked above. However, this recipe will have a bit more protein (around 4g per serving). (You could also try using chocolate protein powder in place of the cocoa, if you want higher-protein fudge, but I haven’t done this.)

pbspread
pbspreadblur

How much do you love chocolate and peanut butter?!

For Even More Recipes: 100+ Secretly Healthy Desserts With Peanut Butter

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Wow – this looks amazing. I love that you use bananas for sweeteners! I’m definitely going to try to make this!

1. I LOVE Chocolate and Peanut butter – especially in blondies!

2. Amy says:

I’m addicted to chocolate and peanut butter.
    I would probably be depressed for the rest of my life if peanut butter or any other nut butter didn’t exist.
    Hahahaha, that’s how much I am addicted. 😐

1. francine says:

You are not alone in that thought. The world would come to an end if chocolate and peanut butter were to cease to exist.

3. Tricia says:

Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven! These look amazing and I will certainly have to try these in the future!

4. I love chocolate to the extent that I have it in one (or more) form or another every single day! Don’t really like peanut butter though– which means more for you! 😀

5. Lisa Fine says:

Peanut butter and chocolate were meant for each other.

I love that you don’t have sugar included in your recipes usually, unless people want to add it. I’ve been finding that I have been SO THIRSTY lately, especially after eating foods with added sugar. I get tired of having to drink lots of water, so I’m trying to eliminate some added sugars.

1. bob says:

(Excessive thirst can be a symptom of diabetes)

1. Jessica says:

As a person who grew up around diabetes, my grandfather, my grandmother, my father, and my uncle, i have to say that thirst is not the ONLY symptom. I drink about 90-100oz of water easily a day as a healthy 26 y/o woman.

What i am getting here i that sugar makes lisa thirsty. So she avoids it. But i commend you for getting diabetes awareness out there to other people.

If anyone notices any of the symptoms below go see a doctor right away and get tested. There is also a thing called pre diabetes.

Common symptoms of diabetes: Urinating often Feeling very thirsty Feeling very hungry – even though you are eating Extreme fatigue Blurry vision Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal Weight loss – even though you are eating more (type 1) Tingling, pain, or numbness in the hands/feet (type 2) – See more at: http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/symptoms/#sthash.bVqXBxzG.dpuf

6. I don’t like chocolate or peanut butter AT ALL. it’s not like I’ve been dreaming of this recipe since you first mentioned it, or that my blog acts as a shrine to those two heavenly foods 😉 Chocolate peanut butter is AMAZING, so maybe when I make this fudge I’ll use that for EXTRA chocolatey goodness! 😀

7. chocolate and PB are the BEST combo EVER!! these look so moist and to die for 🙂

8. Lauren says:

Oooh I want to frost something with it!

9. Chocolate and PB is my favorite flavor combo. I especially love chocolate cupcakes filled with PB ganache – it’s like a Reese cupcake!

Your fudge is much healthier than my last choco-PB fudge creation – I’ll have to try it out!

10. Lauren says:

Oh. My. Gosh. YUM! I want some chocolate pb fudge so badly right now! I have no plans today…..guess what I’m going to do?! 😉 Hehe

11. Ruthiey says:

That looks great, Katie! I’m excited to try it soon. =) thanks for the comment. Have a terrific and chocolate-filled day.

12. Stefanie says:

So fudgey. That would take care of any chocolate craving you had. 🙂

13. Jenny says:

I actually cannot -stand- chocolate and peanut butter together in candy bars or chocolate bars… or, to be honest, in sandwiches either. But in oats and things like brownies or blondies and cookies? Love ’em! Don’t know why?! And when I was little, I absolutely detested the PB and J combo!

Hmm I’ll try this but sub more PB for the coconut butter… Maybe it’ll work… I’ve never tried the combo in fudge before! Would make a great dessert, it looks like. I love how you topped them with chocolate chips – they look like little castle walls to me. 😛 (I like things from the Middle Ages, sorry, heh.)

1. Ooh they DO look like castles! Chocolate castles? Oh my goodness!

14. Michaela says:

We are so alike sometimes, I planned on adding pb to your fudge brownies next time I bake them (this weekend ;)), but this probably will be even better!! Not sure yet whether or not I will tell my mum about this recipe.. I know she will rave about them 😉

15. This looks AWESOME. And I love chocolate and peanut butter together ALMOST as much as I like them apart- though sometimes on their own they’re even better 🙂

1. Sarah C says:

I’m like you, I can’t decide how I like it best! Sometimes I have a sandwich with chocolate-pb on one half and regular pb on the other!

16. Lisa C says:

djfpak;snclkzjsdijoadwjds,m
    Sorry, couldn’t see the keys. Was blinded by extreme fudgeyness!

17. Sarah C says:

This looks incredible, Katie! How do your photos and posts keep getting better and better? I love both the banana version and the raspberry version of this fudge, so I KNOW I’ll love this one too :).

18. Ture Story: Chocolate and Peanut Butter ARE a match made in heaven. Loving this recipe.. and will be trying it soon!

19. Jess says:

I <3 choc & PB. It will always be the best choc combination in my book 🙂

20. Kevin says:

My mouth is watering. Those look great! I have to taste one SOON!!