Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cookies

healthy peanut butter cookies

Very addictive.

So addictive you can’t eat just one.

So addictive you can’t eat just two.

So addictive they should come with a warning label.

Oh so very addictive.

raw peanut butter cookies

Not for sharing.

Normally, I am very good about sharing my desserts with any friends who show up at my door. (And due to the fact that my friends know I make desserts for a living, inevitably someone will always show up at my door.) But as soon as I made these cookies, I knew I had something special on my hands. Therefore, I barred the door shut.

And contemplated building a moat around my house.

healthy peanut butter cookie

With crocodiles.

Hungry crocodiles.

raw cookies

I’ve had way too much fun with the commentary on this post.

Print This Recipe No ratings yet.

• 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp raisins
  • salt to taste (I used a little over 1/4 tsp, but I like salty pb cookies!)
  • 2 tbsp roasted, unsalted peanuts (If you can only find salted, reduce or omit added salt)
  • 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract

Throw everything into your food processor (I used an Osterizer) and combine until very smooth. Roll into balls, cookies, bars, or simply eat shovel the dough into your mouth, straight from the machine. Dough can be stored on the counter, in the fridge, or in the freezer.

Or in your belly.

ball of cookie dough

These cookies taste like eating unbaked peanut butter cookie dough.

Mmmmmmm a giant ball of peanut butter cookie dough.

raw peanut butter cookie

Question of the Day: Hmmm I can’t think of one. I’m too busy dreaming about how addictive these peanut butter cookies are!

Thanks for all the comments today on the Chocolate- Covered Katie Facebook Page.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Peanut butter is my latest addiction. I WILL be trying these! I love how I can eat vegan cookie dough without being scared of food poisoning and salmonella!

1. Scott says:

If you don’t use any animal products I believe you are safe. The trick is substituting for
      the eggs. Flaxseeds boiled for 20 minutes yield a substitute that I have found for a
      great replacement for the eggs. 2 quarts water with 4 T of flaxseeds. Very messy and
      goey but works wonderfully as a replacement. However, I am not a medical authority
      and if you want some definitive answer you should check with your health care professional.

Scott S

2. Dana C says:

Cookie Dough is one of my favorite flavors!

Quick question….SO I tried to make you pizzart but I used regular whole wheat flour instead of pastry flour and I think it really messed it up!

I have a suggestion….You should do a Chocolate Covered Katie “Pantry Staples”. Things at the grocery store you need to whip up a lot of your recipes. Most of the time I dont have the things on your recipe list and I get all disappointed :( SO I think it would be a great idea if you just made a list of the MAIN things your readers need to make your recipes, then we can all go shopping and make your yummys whenever we want!!

1. Andrea Smith says:

I like the suggestion of the grocery list…things that you use a lot in your recipes so that we could throw together more than one recipe within a coupld of days!!

1. I love that idea. I’ll definitely work on making a list!

2. Liz says:

I made your Melties and flourless cookies on a whim the other day!! It does make it more exciting when I already have the stuff to throw together!!

3. raisins are the new dates?! These sound GOOD!

1. I think this being raisins are much easier on my college budget! Haha. Sad truth.

1. katherine says:

at my local grocery store, you can get medjool dates for a whopping $12.89 per pound! they are so freakin’ expensive it isn’t even funny. Therfore i usually use pure maple syrup, honey, raisins, or (GASP!) real sugar. or i find another recipe. that’s why i love my Katie because she usually doesn’t use dates.

4. Great commentary! but if i were one of the friends you mentioned, I’ll bring my own spoon… and other utesils… you know… to shorten the preparation time for you? 😀

5. A peanut butter cookie dough MILKSHAKE?!
    I love that these are no bake! No bake = no wait.
    I might just eat it with a spoon 😀

6. Mmmmm! I wasn’t expecting the recipe to look like this but they turned out so great looking!!! –I think I’d lock my door at all times if I made dessert for a living! :)

7. VEGirl says:

Peanut butter cookie dough MILKSHAKE? I need bananas ASAP me thinks.

8. Yummy!!! So easy to make and guaranteed to be delicious – how can anything with peanut butter NOT be! :)
    Have a great day Katie!!

9. Heather says:

Add chocolate chips and swoon!

10. These sound great and such simple ingredients! Love!!

11. Oh, man, I am SO going to have to make these! All I need to buy are peanuts!

12. Andrea Smith says:

Or dip in melted chocolate!!

I love the milkshake idea, delicious!

13. Jen says:

I want to crumble one (or two, or three) of those on top of some banana soft serve! Nothing beats peanut butter and banana. It’s interesting that you used raisins instead of dates. I wonder if there’s a noticeable difference in taste and texture.

14. Gen says:

Cant wait to try these out!!! Soo cute! 😀

15. I’m going to make these for breakfast – right now!

16. And all I can think about is how I have all these ingredients at home! Delicious.

17. Ahahha- your posts are always so cute! A moat…where do you come up with this stuff? :)

18. Oh my goodness-anything with peanut butter is delicious! Sometimes I’ll just throw some oats and a banana with a huge scoop of pb and eat the “dough” plain!

19. Wow. these do look for sure addictive! Great Work haha :)

20. becky says:

I think those need some chocolate chips in there 😉

21. Megan says:

YUM. These look amazing Katie! I bet they would be good in a peanut butter cookie dough ice cream too! I can’t wait to try them…and I love that they are sugar free!!!!

22. Jennifer says:

If I were home right now, this would be my lunch, no questions asked. Can’t wait to try them!

23. Mia says:

Yummmmmmm. Yo quiero. lol.

24. Man you post so much good stuff! I drool over your posts everyday!! However will I find the time to make all these delicious goodies!?!?! I see Christmas goodies in my family & friends future LOL.

25. Mmm Mmm!!! These sound better than the pb cookie larabars!!! I am going to have to try these out for comparison!! I love me some PB!!

26. Oh these look amazing! I’ll be trying these real soon! Great work!

27. emma @ says:

Yummy! I can’t wait to try these! I LOVE peanut butter!!!
    I’m happy they’re so simple to make too! : )

28. Jess says:

lovely, as usual. raisins are an interesting choice though, no? :)

1. People kept telling me that they used raisins for fudge babies, so I had to try it for myself!

29. yesss…these look so moist and wonderful…just how cookie dough should be!

30. Lilly says:

holy deliciousness! making these later for sure :)

31. Allison says:

I’m thinking that these would be awesome with almond butter too!

32. Minnooo says:

I must go home now and find all sources of peanut butter to make this recipe like now. You have this effect on me. Thanks.

33. Ohhh these look delicious!!! They look like the consistency of a peanut butter cookie larabar too… yum! I think I might half the amount of raisins and add some mini chocolate chips :)

34. Nikki says:

Your commentary just made me day! Well, in addition to this new delicious looking recipe that is :)

35. Katherine says:

Considering that I have 3 kinds of peanut butter in my room right now, these will likely be making an appearance very soon…I bet they’d be good with my cashew butter too!

36. Oh my lord. Peanut butter and cookie dough? Almost as good as chocolate. Since your door is locked and I won’t be able to show up and devour your stash, I guess I should make these on my own!

37. I JUST WANT TO EAT THAT BIG BALL OF DOUGH!!! I am getting some peanuts. And then making these. I want them SO BAD!! Please please please marry me Katie?! 😀

38. Lisa says:

yum!!! you8 know I love mah peanut butter Katie. and well…who DOESN”T like cookie dough??
    so yea, going to buy raisins now and make these. I LOVE CCK!!!!!!!

39. These look amazing and perfect! I have a few versions of nobake peanut butter balls and bites and PB cookie dough is of course an amazing thing and your pics make me want to dive right in!

Most recently I just made flourless PB cookies and then flourless chocolate PB cookies. Both can be made vegan with a flax egg.

There is pretty much no wrong way to eat PB cookies or dough in my book. Love your NOBAKE recipe. Perfect.

40. sorry having problems with your site so if this duplicates, forgive me!

last comment went into moderation :(

1. Oh it’s not you. It’s… guess what… my server! Down again? Story of my life. Or my month, at least. You’d think that for how much I’m paying, it should be running PERFECTLY. Ugh ugh ugh.

1. Omg that SUCKS!!!!

Ok so the new company is already failing you??! in the first week??!!!!!

2. Yeah, apparently I need to upgrade. Um, why didn’t they tell me that before? I REALLY just want things to magically work so I can concentrate on the parts of blogging I love!

3. I get the server down as well…on the upside – it must mean your quite popular! :)

4. Wait, you’re still seeing the message? I was forced to switch to to EXTREMELY expensive vps, so this should NOT be happening anymore. Please tell me if you’re still getting the message now! :(

Also, yes, the chocolate chip cookies are on the chewy side. I recommend using oat flour. And make sure you use baking soda, not powder. And don’t omit the brown sugar.

41. Megan says:

Hi Katie! I am working on a nutrition study that involves participant consumption of protein powder every day. I have been trying to come up with some healthier baked goods/treats that they could put the powder in (all the recipes that a former grad student gave me called for high fructose corn syrup…). I made the cookie dough fudge babies and the protein worked out great in those (and I’m sure they will work great with this post as well). However the blondies came out hard as a rock (even after adding in applesauce and a little pumpkin to add more moisture). I was wondering if you have experimented with any type of protein powder in your recipes and if you had any suggestions for keeping baked goods from becoming too dry? Love your blog and your recipes!

1. Hey Megan,
      Unfortunately, I don’t really use protein powder often because I haven’t found one I absolutely love. I do know that it works well in my Rice Crispy Treat Babies, though! Maybe one of these days I will have to splurge for Sun Warrior… I keep hearing everyone say how much they love that one.

1. Megan says:

Okay thanks I’ll definitely try those! I haven’t seen any posts with it so I figured it was a long shot! I have heard good things about Sun Warrior as well. My bf was using vanilla chai Vega but he said the amount of stevia that they use seems a bit off…and yes they are all so expensive!

2. Yeah, I agree about the weird aftertaste in the vega!

2. Laura says:

It may seem counter-intuitive, but just because applesauce is wet doesn’t mean that it will make your blondies softer. The solution you may be looking for is to add a bit of flour and that should soften them up.

42. Emilia says:

These look so so good, I can just imagine how peanut buttery they taste. I might even try to make these using a different kind of nut butter…though I’m sure the peanut butter is magnificent. :)

43. Jenny$1983 says:

I usually hate this, but: O … M … G 8-0 Wow…

I *just* made the peanut butter babies – and the chocolate peanut butter babies – yesterday! My dad leaves the last handful of salted peanuts (he buys them, I only ever eat/use the raw, unsalted, unroasted variety) in the bag then moves on to a new one so there were several near-empty packets hanging around in the cupboard driving me mad, so yesterday I turned them into little fudge babies of heavenliness … and now I need him to leave more so I can use them for these: peanut butter and raisin is one of my all time favourite flavour combinations! For example, I can promise you that Emma@Sweet Tooth Runner’s version of PB&Co’s Cinnamon-Raisin PB tastes amazing – although I haven’t tasted the original, I’m sure it can’t be much better! 😀

Sorry for the essay, but I’m passionate about this 😉 Thank you for this lovely recipe, and I think you had just the right amount of fun with the commentary: love it! :)

1. Well Emma is just awesome in general… why haven’t I made that??? It sounds incredible!

1. Jenny$1983 says:

Indeed! Here is the direct link in case it’s useful (I hope Emma doesn’t mind, or yourself – I’m never sure about link etiquette on blogs, I don’t mean to offend anyone):

I actually just used one cup of Meridian Smooth No Added Salt No Added Sugar Peanut Butter instead of processing raw peanuts, and stirred in the other ingredients; I think I added an extra teaspoon of cinnamon – I much prefer making my own flavoured nut butters as it’s so easy and completely customizable! :)

2. Oh I am SO glad you gave me the link. So so glad! Thank you :). Saves me the time of having to look. I definitely want to make this!

44. These look delicious! What kind of peanut butter did you use? Creamy? Crunchy? Although, I’m sure either would be amazing.

1. I used Whole Foods plain (it comes in a red jar), which is creamy… but I bet crunchy would be fun!

45. My two year old would eat the entire batch herself! These look incredible.

46. Yum!! I love dough – ey cookies! Especially PB ones. Flours and such add too much bulk and take away from the yummy flavor.

47. Tara Deal says:

These look amazing! I am FOR SURE making them soon!

48. Jen says:

This might be my favorite thing you have ever posted.

49. Moni'sMeals says:

Oh Man, I can already tell I will be doomed with these. I am your biggest peanut butter addict, I have to say. I go through 2 jars a week…I know!

I look forward to trying these out. I will let you know. 😉

50. I can see why these would be so addictive! I love the little cross marks you put on the top, a la classic peanut butter cookies.

51. I can see why these would be addictive! I love the criss-cross lines you put on top, too. Nice touch :)

52. katie says:

These look amazing! I wish one would just appear right now, ahhhh! Yummy!

53. Marianne says:

Mmm, crocodiles…I mean, wait, what?!…peanut butter cookies!

54. peanut butter keeps me sane

55. Anonymous says:

Oh my GOSH, Katie I just made these and they really are as addictive as you said! Well really I should say “I just made THIS” because it never became “these”. The dough was too good to roll into balls! Yum!!!!

1. Sarah C says:

Not sure why it wouldn’t let me sign in, but that was me :).

56. Nathalie says:

Dude. I want to mix them into ice cream. Fer srs.

57. Leslie says:

Made ’em this morning, and they’re already gone. Oops ;).

58. LizAshlee says:

I <3 cookie dough!! With the raisins, it sounds like these could easily be pb & jelly cookie dough balls! :)

59. I know these are going to be making an appearance in my life soon…. VERY soon!!! 😀

<3 <3

60. Anna says:

Looks amazing! So quick that I might have enough energy to make it after teaching tomorrow 😉

61. Amber says:

I need to buy some peanuts… asap!!

62. Amy says:

OH MY YUMMMMMMMY! I used Dark chocolate Dreams from pb&co. Have you ever tried that stuff? You should try it in these. It tastes like pb fudge brownies! SO SO good!

63. I saw this recipe earlier today and it’s literally been on my mind ALL DAY!!!

1. Hehe the cookies have been on my mind all day too. As in, “When can I get back to the refrigerater to eat more?” And later: “Wha? Where did all the cookies go??” :)

64. Tara says:

Oooh I would love to mix this into oatmeal!! oh my gosh cookie dough oatmeal… that would be OATrageously delicious. hehehe.

65. Hi Katie! Although I don’t typically comment, I read your blog every day and I love experimenting with many of your recipes (I make your Blueberry Pie Pancakes at least once a week!). I wanted to let you know that I already made your Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cookies this evening and you’re right–they’re AMAZING! I can’t believe how easy and ridiculously delicious they are. Thank you so much for posting another great recipe :)

Hope you have a good week!

1. Oh this just made me so happy! I’m so glad you tried them, because they really are one of my new favorite recipes… even without chocolate! 😕

66. Robin says:

These look like heaven in a bowl. I can’t wait to try them!

67. t says:

These look awesome! I love peanut butter so so so MUCH!

68. YUM! I bet these are addictive they look perfect

69. Claudia says:

These babies look soooo good! You know what would be an even better addition than raisins? (no offense to my wrinkled friends)… CHOCOLATE CHIPS! nomnomnom 😉

70. Claudia says:

p.s. sorry if this comment shows up twice

71. Lyza says:

I’m making this with sunflower seeds and maple syrup!!! Sounds delicious!!! :)

72. Michaela says:

wait, did you mention these were addictive?? ok, so yes, you did and you were right! I can´t wait to bring them to my non-vegan friends tmro. Thanks for another superb recipe!

1. Hahaha you are a nicer friend than me. You’re willing to share! 😉

73. Jilian says:

These are awesome! Made them tonight and ate almost all of them myself. OH NO!!!

1. I’m so excited you made them! And don’t worry… I ate all mine too. They have evil, coercive powers ;).

74. Rachel says:

Do you find that almond butter works pretty well as a substitute for PB? I’ve never tried cooking with it, but I NEED to try these and I’m allergic to peanuts!

1. I actually don’t like almond butter very much! Terrible, right? Texture-wise, it will work just fine… and if you do like the taste, I’m sure it’ll be good too! :)

75. Nikita says:

I just made these and they are amazing! I really like that it uses raisins instead of dates. since they are cheaper!

1. I think I need to try making chocolate ones with raisins. Wondering why I didn’t do that first!!! 😉

76. Kelsey says:

How did I miss this post? Katie, you’re a genius. These sound perfect. Thanks for posting this recipe!

77. Lauren S says:

Delicious!! Taste like a peanut butter and jelly larabar! Eating them currently with a cup of coffee, great Saturday afternoon! Thanks Katie!!

78. RAE says:

Sorry if someone already asked this BUT… did you use natural peanut butter for this recipe? Can’t wait to try them!

1. Yup! I used Whole Foods brand. It comes in a red jar. I’m sure any would work, though. Maybe next time I’ll try chocolate pb! :)

1. RAE says:

Thank-you! Trying these tonight! yum!

79. Rachel says:

Hi Katie!
    I made these, and the taste and texture is good – like everyone says! I’m wondering if you had the problem of these being really greasy. I literally had a puddle of grease on my counter after I made these, and my hands were coated with oil. Weird huh?? Did anyone else have that problem? I did not add extra oil so i found this strange.

1. Hmmm… I didn’t. Maybe it’s a difference in the pb we used? Or, did you fridge the dough before rolling into balls/bars?

1. Rachel says:

I did not refrigerate them, and I used TJ’s natural peanut butter….hmmm. Tis a mystery! :-)

2. Try refrigerating the dough first. It makes them harder. Also, I used WF pb, which is kinda dry to begin with.

80. Jami says:

Could I make these without the raisins? I don’t care for them. Or would it change the consistency?

1. What about subbing an equal amount of pitted dates (such as SunMaid)?

1. Heather says:

I was just thinking about using dates instead of raisins! I have dates at home, raisins would require a trip to the store…hmm.

81. Kirsten says:

I was wondering with this cookie dough recipe, if you could bake them into cookies also?

1. Ooh wow, I don’t know! That sounds like a fun experiment, though! If you try it, let me know how it turns out!

82. Annette says:

I didn’t have raisins, so I used cranberries. My youngest said, “Hey, these taste like pb&j!” They look like it too! Now to hide them so I can quit eating them!

1. Love your idea to use cranberries! I wonder how they’d taste with dried cherries… or maybe even blueberries! You just opened up so many new ideas for me!

83. Jessica Ann says:

I just made these. HOLY COW. I have eaten half of them already. Luckily they are relatively healthy! I added some cocoa powder to make them chocolatey (I know you would approve).
    I love finding recipes where I have all the ingredients in my cupboard already!

1. It makes me SO happy that you tried them! Seriously, I just want EVERYone to make them because I am so obsessed :).

84. Kirsten says:

T stands for tablespoons? yes?

85. Nikki says:

Yet another fabulous cookie recipe! Made them with dried apricots as I didn’t have raisins…turned out delicious. Thanks for sharing. Posted a link to this recipe on my blog today; hope you don’t mind!

1. I’m so honored! Can’t comment on your site b/c I don’t have a google or wp account… but your banana cookies look delish as well!

86. I just discovered your website through Facebook and knew I had to try these, as I had all the ingredients.

I use the Valencia w/ toasted flax peanut butter from Trader Joe’s, and dates instead of raisins (no raisins in the house right now, but I’ll be sure to get some). Absolutely delicious! Such a satisfying and wholesome treat to quiet down the sweet tooth!

87. Carey says:

I made these tonight and I am already on my second batch! My kids and husband devoured them in seconds. I’m putting these in their lunch boxes tomorrow.

1. Aww yay!!! I am SO excited you all like them!

88. Jen says:

I made these and your peanut butter milkshake (with my homemade peanut butter!) and loved both of them! Posted the links on my blog today and have gotten a few of my friends addicted to the cookie dough 😉

89. Charlotte says:

Katie…this is, hands down, my absolute FAVORITE recipe on your blog. And choosing a favorite was tough, let me tell you! But I just wanted to thank you so much for creating this easy, DELICIOUS recipe!

1. Oh wow, Charlotte, I am SO happy you like it so much!! It’s one of my favorites too… I keep meaning to post my chocolate version! :)

1. Charlotte says:

There’s a chocolate version? Oh my goodness, I can’t wait to try it! :3

90. Hannah says:

I’m eating this dough as I type, it is heavenly! Thank you as always, Katie! x

91. Lauren B. says:

Oh. My. Gosh. These are AMAZING!!! I made a batch yesterday, and my eyes literally rolled back in my head when I tasted it. Needless to say, the dough is gone. So sad… but the good news is I have more ingredients to make another batch. PB Cookie Dough heaven, here I come!

92. Rasha Taha says:

Hey Katie!

I tried making these yesterday in my food processor, and at first, the raisins wouldn’t break apart… Then when it went on for a bit, they started getting pulverised, but the peanut butter also released a TON of oil, so when I was handling the dough, an incredible amount of oil was present which made it unappealing to eat and hard to handle!

Any solutions?

1. Hmmm, sorry I don’t know! Maybe use a drier pb? Mine is never oily at all :(. I use natural pb from Whole Foods, so maybe it’s drier?

1. Rasha Taha says:

Hmm good point!
        Yeah the PB originally was pretty oily. It’s the smooth kind from my natural food store. I think I’ll try making it with PB from the machine! It’s sooo incredibly thick.

93. Jessica says:

I made this last night and OMG you are not kidding when you say they are addictive. The raisins hold these together so well and the peanuts with the peanut butter……….AHHHHHH. so good!!!!!!!!!!

94. Alex says:

The student “I have no ingredients and no equipment” version:
    3 parts pb : 1 part jam : 2 parts oats – mash together in a bowl.
    Nommy :)

1. Alex says:

I also want to try it with banana instead of the jam…

95. M says:

How many cookies does this make?

1. Depends on how big you roll them. You can make balls or small cookies or big ones, or even larabars!

96. kayleigh says:

i just made these but i didn’t have peanuts on hand so i omitted them, and i used prunes instead of raisins. yum!!

97. Andrea says:

I made these today! I rolled them into balls, stuck them in the freezer for about a half hour, and took them over to my boyfriend’s for a treat. :) I love feeding him healthy treats when he doesn’t know it! This is a verrryyyy good and simple recipe, I will definately be keeping it!

98. Anka says:

Recipe is really tempting. It sounds great and looks very inviting! 😀

99. Frances says:

Hey d’ya think I could use a Magic Bullet to make these? They look soooo good 😀

1. I don’t know… it might have a hard time processing the raisins. But you can always try. And let me know if it works!

100. Dianna says:

These look amazing! I want to try the recipe but am unsure if I can use a blender? That’s all I have in my kitchen. Do you think it would work!

Love your blog BTW!!!!

1. Hmmm… I don’t know. I *think* I remember some other commenters saying they used blenders. But I’ve only used the food processor. If you do use a blender, I’d love to know how they turn out! :)

101. angie says:

I made these and that are AWESOME!
    Posted them on my blog and posted back link credit to you!

102. Erin says:

Today I made these twice! I’m addicted to peanut butter so all of my natural peanut butter was out so I had to use regular jiff…I used 1/4 cup and they came out extremely sticky still—too much peanut butter! (not necessarily a bad thing 😉 ) Then I tried them a second time improvising and making my own recipe and it was AMAZING! I used the 1/4 cup + 3 T of raisins, 2.5 T of almond butter, 1/4 T vanilla extract and about 2 T crushed roasted and salted soybeans. holy moly I’m in love with these cookies…i kept it in a giant dough ball in my fridge and have been picking pieces off all day, by the end of the day i plan on finishing it off by myself! :) thanks for the recipe, and again, i highly suggest the almond butter and soybeans, good protein sources too!

103. Lisa says:

mmm! look good! I gotta get a food processor danngit! :(

104. Kendra says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your recipes, Kate!! After having lost 42 lbs. and fairly strict about what I eat, I’m wondering if anybody has figured WW points with any of these recipes? If so, would you mind posting. Otherwise, I’ll try to figure them out when I get a spare minute.

1. Sorry, I don’t know anything about calculating ww points :-(.

1. Kendra says:

Hey, NO WORRIES!!! I just need to take the time to figure it!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your recipes!!! Keep ’em coming :-)

105. jeri says:

Your recipes are mind blowing. I am so excited to find healthy desserts diabetics can enjoy!

106. Jessi says:

Warning: do not make these with freshly stirred Smucker’s Natural PB… I made this mistake and the dough was way too oily! They turned out amazingly delicious once I left them in the fridge overnight, though! Great recipe Katie, I’m rarely ever disappointed by anything I find on your blog!

107. Becca says:

Hi Katie! I love your website, love, love, love! A friend recently recommended it to me and I’m so happy she did! I made these for the 1st time (w/slight exceptions) and they came out PERFECT! They were so awesome, I’ve tried to make them again twice but they are coming out way too soft, I can’t mold them at all :( It’s so frustrating!! Here’s what I’ve done if you can help..please!

1st (perfect cookies!)
    1/4c pb (just bought, room temp)
    2T peanuts
    1/8tsp vanilla
    1/4c cooked oats
    I didn’t have raisins so I blended all this and it came out perfect – just like cookies!!

2nd time (wanted them a little sweeter…)
    1/4c pb (from fridge)
    2T peanuts
    1/4c UNcooked oats
    1pkt Stevia
    1/8 vanilla (could’ve been 1/4tsp??)

3rd time same as 2nd but w/5 drops of liquid Stevia instead of pkt, no oats, and after I blended I put it in the freezer for an hour in the hopes it would be moldable – not :(

I’m going to try them this week and do them to the T but can you see something causing them to be too soft?? Thank You Thank You!!

108. Soniyamas says:

I am addicted to your blog let alone these
    cookies :) want to give a suggestion though. If you can also add the calories per serving of your recipes it’ll be a BIG favor for people who are watching their calories. I want to try your so many recipes but I am too lazy to find out the cal. in them. Or may be I am missing it.
    Love how you talk. I keep smiling when I am on your blog. I am not a vegan but love these vegan recipes. :)

1. soniyamas says:

Ok so I finally calculated the calories for these cookies. A 7gm ball of a cookie gives 61 calories. Which is good to me. These were the first thing I made this morning, even before breakfast. I couldn’t help myself thinking about these the whole night. I loved it. even my 2 year old who hate raisins, ate it. Thanks so much Katie for this and all other wonderful recipes I will be trying soon. :)

A new fan of you:)

1. Hi Soniyamas!

I actually do have calorie counts for most of my recipes, especially the more current ones. If you scroll under the actual recipe and instructions, you’ll find a link that says “Calorie and Nutritional Info” and that’s where I have the cal counts listed :).

I’m so glad you liked the cookies!

109. Tricia says:

I just made these….yummo!!! I just hope I can save a couple for my 3 yr old daughter for after school which is less than an hour from now. I may just have to make more. Next time, I will double or triple the batch. My husband will devour these and love these have no added sugar since he is diabetic. Thanks for your wonderful website.

110. Kylee says:

My version came out a little runny at first and then after refrigerated, it’s a little crumbly.

I’m just eating it with a spoon instead of making cookies 😛

So good!! Thank you!

1. Kylee says:

Seriously.. I just made another double batch today. Amazing on yogurt in the morning! I’d LOOOOVE it if you posted a recipe for a different flavor.. maybe a classic chocolate chip or snickerdoodle? Maybe if you used almond butter instead of peanut butter it would serve as a more bland base that could be flavored any which way? Just a thought….

111. Samantha says:

These are probably some of my favorite things. This site has saved my life!! Thank you Katie(:

112. Susan L says:

“Dough can be stored on the counter, in the fridge, or in the freezer. Or in your belly.”

I lol’ed. Actually though, not just typing that. Thanks for another great recipe, can’t wait to try it. =)

113. Sybil says:

The link for Peanut Butter Cookie Dough cookies works now. Don’t know what was wrong. Thanks!

1. It’s my site! I’m sorry. My site is going crazy, giving people 404s on pages that do exist!

114. Anonymous says:

These are amazing, really. My son and I whipped these up and put them in the freezer. As good as they are right out of the bowl, do yourself a favor and enjoy them from the freezer. They are worth the wait, believe me!

115. Maryann says:

These recipes aren’t very diabetes friendly. I made the somoas last night and it dates have so much sugar that it shot my blood sugar up.

116. Sharon Cyr says:

I was wondering if you have the number of servings for any of your recipes. Maybe it’s in the nutrition information that sometimes goes with the posts? It is helpful to me to know how many people each recipe will serve, so I know how big of a batch to make when I am taking the dessert to a pot luck, etc.

1. I try to list the # of servings as often as possible… but with recipes like this, it’s hard because you can roll them into balls or make bars or even cookie-cuttered shapes. So it really depends :).

117. Melissa says:

I just made these and while they are very delicious, I am having that oily problem, too. I just patted the excess off and put in the fridge to eat in the morning. I will definitely have to get some drier pb for these because they are so good.

118. Leena Dbouk says:

I just made these…omg they are SOOO good. I used lightly salted peanuts and didn’t add any salt and they were delicious. I’m thinking of adding some protein powder to my next batch. Thank you SO much (btw my friend is making your normal peanut butter cookies, we’ll see how those go)

119. Molly M. says:

Hello, love your recipes! I just had one question, I know you don’t really like to do calorie information, but I was wondering what the “serving sizes” are on some of your recipes. The single lady cupcakes/etc. are obviously for one serving, but how many servings would be in something like the brownie batter dip or this cookie dough recipe? Cuz I don’t want to end up eating a whole bowl of something that was meant for more like six people or something, lol.

1. CCK says:

The dip is meant to have multiple servings… but once again, I can’t say how many because it depends. But yeah, it’s definitely not meant for just one serving!

120. Cassandra says:

Made these last night for the first time. Didn’t have raisins, so I subbed prunes. They didn’t look nearly as pretty as yours, but they tasted delicious! Noms…can’t wait to make them again!

121. Judje says:

Just made it! Put walnuts instead of peanuts and added some cocoa powder, there super delicious!!

122. Susan Sanchez says:

AMAZING!!! Super simple to make!

123. Emilie says:

Hi Katie!
    I was just wondering whether someone who depises raisins with a passion would like these cookies??

1. Meghan says:

I bet you would- they don’t taste anything like rasins to me :)

1. Emilie says:

Thanks for the answer 😀

124. Angeline says:

These are so good it motivates me to keep my food processor clean! I told my boys they were gross and I had to eat them 😉

125. Emily G says:

Hey katie!
    For weight watchers reference, 1/4 of this recipe is 5 points plus! thought i’d share since I looked it up.
    PS this is AMAZINGGGGGG!!!

126. Meghan says:

These are amazing! Thank you so much for making me realize gluten-free doesn’t have to be dessert free. I love your website. Do you have nutrition info for these? And how many is your recipe supposed to make (generally)?

127. Elizabeth says:

These didn’t taste all that much like peanut butter cookie dough to me. They still kind of had a fruity taste from the raisins. I just added a little bit of grape jelly and they were delicious/healthy peanut butter and jelly cookies!!!

128. Dawn L says:

WOW – I just found your site and I made the peanut butter cookie dough ones. FANTASTIC! I am always looking for healthier versions of sweets and I substitute quite a bit in my own baking. However you have such great ideas and take it to a whole other level. Thanks!!

129. Kaleigh says:

You should definitely try these with some of the Peanut Butter & Co. flavors! Dark Chocolate Dreams and White Chocolate Wonderful would be AH-MAZING in this recipe!!! (and all of their flavors are vegan too!) I’m definitely going to try these out tonight!

130. Steph says:

I didn’t have peanut butter so I added some extra peanuts, but even without, this was unbelievably delicious. Thank god I only made a fourth of the recipe. My waistline would not be happy with a binge!

131. Lisa says:

Do you have any idea what the calorie content of these is?

132. Jenn says:

Oh, Katie! I just made these… And I am so glad I did! They are FABULOUS! I subbed dates because I already had them and they worked just fine. Thanks for sharing!! I also made your girl scout cookie larabars today- another winner! Thank you!

133. Emily says:

Katie, this recipe looks fabulous! I just reviewed this post over on my blog (a href=”” title=”Best of Good Eats on Pinterest”. I can’t wait to make these!

1. Aww thanks for such a sweet post! I couldn’t comment because I don’t have a google account, but I hope you like the cookies!

134. Just wondering if anyone successfully made these with a magic bullet…my own results were umm…less than stellar lol, but as always, it was an easy tasty snack. I just wound up adding in some honey nut o’s, almond milk, and having a random cup of pb&j cereal! :-)

135. These are crazy addictive! I double the batch made them twice and I’m out. I roll them into small balls and place in the freezer. There so good! Making more tomorrow!

136. Lauren says:

I made these and they were delicious! I didn’t have raisins so I used craisins!!!! My boys loved it. They were eating it by the spoonful! I also love chocolate so I did another variation of peanuts, peanut butter, vanilla, nutella and Graham sticks!!! Iy is rich and chewy:)

Keep Up the great work Katie!!!

137. Amy says:

Just made these are they are YUMMY. Thank you!!

138. Stacy says:

i just made the peanut butter cookie dough cookies less than 12 hours ago and the whole batch is in my stomach. they are DELICIOUS. i didn’t even have time to roll them into cookies, i ate the mixture with a spoon :) i didn’t have peanuts on hand so i substituted cashews (more carbs unfortunately) but they turned out wonderfully. i’m trying to wait at least a day before making these again….we’ll see how that goes

1. I love your idea to sub cashews… Now I really want to try that too :).

139. Jules says:

Hi Katie! I’m a vegetarian and just recently started to check out your blog (by the way-it’s amazing and so helpful because I’m pretty sure I have one of the biggest sweet tooths in the world!) But anyway…I’m not a huge fan of raisins and I was wondering if there are any raisin substitutes or if it tastes like raisins at all/is is only to thicken the batter?

1. Jules says:

oh and i prefer eating my cookie dough with a spoon too :)

1. Jules says:

Oh and sorry but I have one more thing to ask…
        are there any recipes you have that are super chocolatey and delicious but are low in calories so i can eat like the whole entire bowl/batch without gaining like 200 pounds?

2. Hi Jules,
        Yes, many of my recipes are (or can be) very low in calores. Too many, in fact, to recommend one or two. Just look through the recipe page :).

140. Jules says:

141. Trish says:

I rarely comment on any websites- but your humor and writing style, plus great photos, and incredible recipes is over the top terrific. I just had to tell you that!!! Your humor in this one- still hasme giggling! Thank you so much for all the kitchen inspiration- and wonderful sugar free, gluten free vegan recipes!

1. Chocolate Covered Katie says:

Aw thanks, Trish!

142. Ok I HAD to try these BUT all I had was the pb on hand. I always have all of these things of course except today!!:( Soooo I used dried cranberries in place of the raisins and oats in place of the nuts. They were pretty tart because of the berries so I added an extra tbs of pb and a tbs of brown sugar, I know now they are no longer sugar free but I seriously wanted to eat them and your recipe gets plenty of sweet from the raisins. I can’t believe how good they were!! I’m going to make a double batch with the correct ingredients soon!!!
    Thank you for your blog!!!!
    Charlie (mom of 3 in ca)

143. Deb says:

Loved these and I substituted the peanuts for roasted almonds and I added a little more PB and added some baking cocoa for that chocolate taste too…awesome and will make again! Thanks

144. Rachel says:

Thank You Katie for another wonderful recipe. I’ve followed your blog for a few months now and made quite a few of your recipes. I feel like I’m getting to know you by trying your stuff! Love it all– and these were a perfect treat tonight. Always look forward to your next post :)

145. Amy says:

made these today. Followed the recipe to a T and there is no way they can be formed into anything. The taste is GREAT but it’s still the consistency of Peanut Butter and not at all like a cookie dough – very sticky. Am I missing something??

1. What brand pb did you use? And what food processor? Can you tell me more about what you did?

146. Lisa says:

Just made these and they are so good! I didn’t have peanuts, so I used pecans. I also didn’t have any raisins in my baking stuff, so I stole 4 mini packs of raisins from my 2 yr olds stash….They turned our really good. Now, to hide them before my devouring teenage sons get home. Did you know teenagers eat ANYTHING?????? Crazy!

147. Amanda says:

Just made these, love them! I added just a small handful of chocolate chips to the recipe because i add chocolate chips to just about everything. They are amazing. I think i am going to roll them in balls and dip them in chocolate next time. My nephew said they taste like the inside of a tasty cake, hes very picky too. Wins all around over here! Thank you!!!

148. Pauline says:

So easy to make! I never made Larabars because I thought you needed dates, but raisins make a great substitute. These PB ones sound great. I am SOOO making these tomorrow and packing them in baggies for snacking on the go!

Always love your blog!!!

149. libby says:

have you ever tried these using the banana butter to cut down on calories?

1. Sorry, I haven’t. It sounds like a fun experiment, though! Let me know if you try it! :)

150. Bethany says:

These are sooo good! I did half raisins and half dates – and they turned out great! You are a genius, Katie. :)

151. Megan says:

Hi Katie!

I want to make these so bad, but I don’t own a food processor. Would a blender work? Thanks!

1. Sorry, I haven’t tried it so I don’t know 😕

1. Megan says:

It doesn’t work :/ I guess a food processor should be on my next gift list!

152. Courtney says:

I was a doubter all the way until I put it in my mouth at the end. Wow! Soooo wonderfully indulgent. I used dates since it’s all I had on hand. You were right–I just scooped (nearly) all of it into a bowl and ate it right away.

153. Belinda says:

OK, don’t be mad 😉
    I totally wanted to make this recipe since I ALWAYS have PB, raisins and vanilla extract on hand. EXCEPT TODAY I was all out of extract so I subbed maple syrup. AND I was short on raisins :( … I used golden raisins and dried BLUEBERRIES instead and it tastes AMAZING!!! I love how your recipes are an easy benchmark for my crazy brain that never leaves “good enough” alone.

1. Haha mad?! I LOVE it when people make up their own recipes based on something I’ve posted… then I always want to try their version ;).

154. Meg says:

I keep my cupboard stocked with these ingredients now! SO delicious! Also, the difference in using regular peanut butter and natural makes a world of difference!

155. Kobi says:

OMg!!!!!!! Thank God I found you! I made these w/ Sunbutter and added chia and cacao nibs. IM IN HEAVEN!

156. Heather says:

I just made these today (with raisins that were past their prime). The cookies were STILL delicious. I rolled the cookies in shredded, unsweetened coconut. Fantastic treat. Thank you for the recipe! You may have broken my expensive addiction to Larabars :-)

157. Ingrid A says:

Found your recipe on Pinterest and just had to try these. Absolutely loved it but had no peanuts so replaced them with chopped hazelnuts and they turned out super delicious. I used a small ice cream scooper to shape them evenly and got 12 little cookies. Thanks for sharing this healthy treat. x

158. ANH says:

Tried these in the magic bullet with no success :( took awhile. I wasn’t sure if I should’ve kept at it but I used the flat blade which is meant for dried fruit and nuts. Any suggestions on how it would’ve worked?

1. I’d recommend a high-quality food processor for this recipe, for best results. Cuisinart is a great brand and holds up for years!

159. blondie says:

Mmmmm sounds delicious! I think I’d want to make them and dip them in chocolate….a nice dark chocolate. Would that be far too naughty??? LOL

160. Tracie Rennell says:

I just made these and they are totally awesome!! Thanks for sharing! I did use dates instead of raisins because that is what I had but they ROCKED:) I love your blog!!!!! I made the granola bars yesterday! They were great too!

161. Monica says:

Hi Katie,

I tried making these today because they sounded so delicious and simple to make, but I was just wondering how critical it is to use a food processor to blend the ingredients. Does food processing it really make for a thicker texture that can be rolled into cookie shapes? As of now, all the ingredients are very mushy because it’s essentially just a peanut butter mixture. Thanks!

1. Yes, it really needs to be a food processor for best results.

162. Anonymous says:

Can you substitue out the rasins?

163. There you go again feeding my peanut butter addiction! Stop it! Just kidding. But seriously. Now I have to make these especially because there are raisins in them and raisins + pb = heaven. Thanks :)

164. Jo and Sue says:

Oh. My. Goodness. These are addicting. I have to hide them so they don’t disappear in 2 seconds.
    My sister and I did a blog about them on our blog if you want to have a peek.

165. Amy says:

I’ve been vegetarian for several years, and recently started a 6-week vegan, sugar-free diet. I discovered these cookies and made them ASAP – and they were SO good! The rest of my family – who are neither vegan nor vegetarian, and are somewhat skeptical about my cooking endeavors – loved them too! I will definitely be making these again!!

166. Sasha says:

Oh, wow, Katie! I must admit, i was pretty skeptical when i saw the ingredients, but these are lovely, lovely! I may have eaten half the batter straight out of the food processor. I have never tried any of your recipes before, but if this is any indication, I shall do a Julie/Julia Project, CCK style~

167. Carly says:

I just tried these with a little modification..I used craisins instead of raisins to reduce the calories and carb count…still delicious! I worked out the nutrition for 12 servings:

Calories: 52
    Carbs: 4
    Protein: 2
    Fat: 3

Not too shabby! :) What a great treat!

168. Terry says:

I just made these. Good, but mine are not thick enough to make into balls. dont know whats wrong????

169. chocolate addicter says:

Everytime I see in your instructions to add salt, it puts me off. I really find it strange to have salt with chocolates, salt with peanut butter. My favorite chocolate is snickers because it contains peanuts but sweet at the same time. Is there some “sweet” recipe for your peanut cookies? Thanks

1. becauseHeloves! says:

These are pretty sweet; the salt only brings out the sweetness. For me, I couldn’t taste the salt at all. Also, you could just omit the salt if you really don’t want to add any.

170. Amanda says:

I know a zillion people have already said this, but these are a.mazing. Thanks for sharing!!!!

171. Katie L. says:

These look SO GOOD! Has anyone had success making them in a Magic Bullet? (We don’t have a regular food processor.)

172. Katie L. says:

Update: I went ahead and gave it a try today because I was craving cookies. So for anyone else interested in making these in a Magic Bullet, it can be done!! Just chop the peanuts a little before you throw everything in and you’ll be good to go! Also, Katie – you have seriously outdone yourself with these. AMAZING! I wouldn’t have guessed that something so decadent could have come from a few simple (healthy) ingredients! WOW. I bought a Costco-sized box of raisins because I will be making these a lot. Thank you.

173. Jaci says:

I made these again today – they are one of our favorites (and my daughter’s hands-down favorite). Anyway, I don’t usually measure my vanilla, just splash a tiny bit in. Well, I got distracted as I was going to pour the vanilla and instead of a little splash it was…..well….a big splash. Shoot….they were all runny and I was trying to figure out how to fix them. My daughter loves oatmeal as well, so I thought I’d toss some in. I added in about 3 tablespoons of quick-cooking oats to the mixture and stirred by hand (the other ingredients had already been mixed in the Magic Bullet), then added 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips. Oh. My. Word. DELICIOUS! Like a no-bake cookie. My daughter gave them two thumbs up and asked if I can always make them this way from now on. A mistake turned into a delicious discovery!

174. Pamela says:

Has anyone tried adding protein powder to these? This is one of the few bars I can find without oats was hoping to up the protein for post workout any help here?

175. Emily says:

I just made this with dates and added some chocolate chips, they are delicious. Even my very picky husband loved them. Now I am going to have hide the rest so he doesn’t eat them all in one sitting. Thanks for the recipe

176. Lori says:

OMGoodness!!! you are my new favorite…. I have celiac disease & am always looking for better ways to eat & just cant seem to omit the sweet side of my life. LOVE LOVE LOVE your way of thinking & cooking. Cant wait to have a minute to start trying these recipies out. I will tweek the ones with gluten of corse :) THANK YOU BUNCHES for being so creative

177. Julia says:

I pinned this on pinterest. These are our favorite!! They are sooo good and so easy. Thank you for the great healthy recipes :)

178. Adrienne says:

AMAZING!! didn’t have peanuts so I used raw unsalted cashews. I used Smucker’s Natural peanut butter and the consistency was perfect. Am thinking this is a perfect idea for the Christmas cookie exchange I’m going to this year!

179. Ginger says:

These are my new favorite peanut butter cookies. Even my picky husband and daughter gobble them up. I love your blog and your writing style. I posted a link to these cookies in an article on my favorite healthy snacks:

180. Veronica says:

Will replace Peanuts for Almonds on this recipe, as we don’t eat legumes.

181. TheMrsCraig says:

Stumbled upon your blob one day and I love your low-sugar recipes. Tried this one with pea-butter and sunflower seeds, so it would be safe in my daughters lunch. She is eating them right now, she absolutely LOVED that she could eat them right away. Will be adding dark chocolate next time.
    Look forward to your Larabar recipes! Has opened up my mind to various ideas, using any dried fruit (apricots, strawberries, etc).. even home-dried fruit.

182. Mia says:

Doubled the recipe so these would work better in my larger food processor. Glad I did–it makes a tiny batch (even doubled!) Unfortunately, all I had on hand were my husband’s peanuts, and they were not dry roasted…they had soybean oil in them. This, combined with natural peanutbutter, made for an *extremely* oily cookie. When I went to roll the cookies into balls, you could squeeze them and oil would drip out….ickk!!! I smushed them between paper towels to drain the oil out. So, dry-roated nuts will definitely work best for these. The store-brand natural pb I used probably also had something to do with it; it may be oilier than other brands. The taste however, was very good! I thought they had a tad too much raisin flavor, so I’ll be cutting back a bit on raisins next time, but the overall flavor reminded me very much of bit-o-honeys, or mary jane’s.

183. Marina says:

Katie, just made those and they came out great! I’ve substitute the raisins with Dates and they were still great. Thank you!

184. Raybo says:

I love your comments, thank you for being so upbeat and hilarious! 😉

185. Arlyne Bischof says:

Please add me to your email list. You have a great website!!!

186. Erica says:

I added a little bit of cocoa powder to these to make them chocolate peanut butter and they came out amazing!! :)

187. Aly says:

Hey Katie,
    Interesting that you chose to use raising, I usually use dates for these types of Larabar-esque concoctions. Think dates would have the same flavor? Curious if you tried…

188. Rebecca V says:

I didn’t have peanuts so used raw walnuts and added a bit extra salt . . . supper yummy! This is better than any “bar” that I have tried, can’t wait to try with morning coffee!

189. Anonymous says:

Hi Katie, I just discovered your site (I had a yen for chocolate mousse and “healthy chocolate mousse” brought me here), and it is really fun and appealing. I decided to try your PB cookies, both plain and chocolate variation, for Quaker meeting potluck. However, I could tell I was getting a little too excited at the prospect, so before I made them I needed to do something to ward off the growing desire to eat them all. So I calculated the nutritional info, so I’d know how many calories a binge might add up to. I didn’t see any nutritional info on the recipe, altho I know you sometimes provide it.

This is per cookie, if you make 6 cookies from a batch.
    Calories 89.0 (92 for chocolate)
    Total Fat 7.0 g
    Saturated Fat 1.3 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 2.0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 3.4 g
    Sodium 50.7 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
    Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
    Sugars 1.6 g
    Protein 3.5 g
    I used SparkPeople’s SparkRecipes to calculate this. I could post the recipe to SparkPeople – giving you full credit – or just keep it private. I didn’t know how you felt about this. Thanks!

190. Caitlyn says:

I subbed dry quick oats for the peanuts. They turned out so delicious!

Thank you, Katie! :)

191. Anna says:

Hey you inspiring lady!!
    I am following you from across the ocean – Norway :-)

Just wondering .. how do you think this will be with chips?
    Just sayin .. you should reeeeaaally try it out. I just did!

Thank you so much for sharing your imagination!
    I will do whatever I can to get a hold of your upcoming book!

192. Laura says:

So definitely making these soon. One random question: do you know if raisins go bad? I have some in my cupboard with a “best by” date of exactly a year ago. They smell and look okay, and I didn’t touch them, but they don’t look hard.

I wish I had a dehydrator, I’ve got tons of grapes, just not many raisins!

193. Dan says:

Can I use a blender instead of a food processor?

194. Naomi says:

Hey Katie! I’m a BIG BIG fan of this website! I’ve tried a couple of recipes and they have turned out amazing! I was wondering if you have ever tried the Nature Valley Sweet and Salty bars,? I LOVE those bars, and they are partially healthy, however they are very expensive down here where I live and there is only peanut butter version where I live, I’ve never tried the almond nor cashew. Is there any healthier home made version? I’d really really apreciate it!

1. I haven’t tried them. I’ll look for them, though :)

195. El Kushmir Bey says:

I had a real good laugh at the commentary, already was in a great mood!
    Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe, I’m about to give it a whirl.

196. Erin says:

Coud you the nutrition break down on these?

1. Sorry, I hadn’t yet started calculating nutrition facts back when I posted these. But you can use’s online calorie calculator to get a basic estimate. Hope that helps!

197. Makayla says:

Can I use natural peanut butter (the kind where you have to stir the oil in that’s on top) for these, or is a natural no stir peanut butter better?? (such as Earth Balance peanut butter or Peanut Butter and Company)

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Yes you can use natural.

198. Amanda says:

Have you tried these with natural peanut butter?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

It works!

199. raw mama says:

Wow! I just made these with almond butter, dates and raw almonds and cashews instead of peanuts….so amazing. One thing I had to do after following above recipe steps is add an extra 2 tablespoons of almond butter (processer wasnt moving) and then I made an almond, cashew meal by food processing 1/4 cup almonds and 2 tablespoons of raw cashews (I was trying to use what I had) I added this nut mix meal at the end and mixed it into the dough with my hands. I made them into cookies and they were sooooo GOOD!

200. judy says:

just found your website. Have 2 sons who are weight lifters but they still love sweets.
    Trying to make healthier recipes…Your peanut butter cookie dough cookies does not show the temp to cook at or the time….Help!
    THANKS for the great recipes.

1. Adam says:

It is a no bake recipe.

201. Morgan says:

Can I bake these in the oven!? Yummy raw too though!

1. Sorry, I’ve never actually tried so I don’t know.

202. Beth says:

I just discovered these, and they are fantastic! I make them into little bite-sized treats and keep them in the freezer. Awesome!

203. Mrs. D. says:

Oh my goodness!! I discover something new, yummy, and wonderful almost every day on your website! Where was I before last month?? NOT on CCK. How sad! Loved these. It’s probably a good thing my husband got off early because there may not have been any left by the time he got here! Then again, it meant I had to share…

204. Molly says:

how many does this recipe make?

205. Lily says:

Hi, Katie! Do you think these would be good if I substituted the raisins for date, pb for cashew butter, and cashews for peanuts? I’m making homemade “Clif bars” for my brother for Christmas, and I was hoping to use stuff he can’t buy from that company. Would that work?

206. Jessica says:

These look amazing and I cannot wait to try them!! I have been scrolling and scrolling but I cannot seem to find the ‘Calorie and Nutrition Info’ link. Could you tell me the calories per ball/cookie?? Thanks! (:

207. Abby says:

My mum NEVER buys regular peanuts. Can I sub it with cashews or a different nut??

1. I wouldn’t see why not but haven’t tried.

208. nancy says:

what kind of peanut butter? Obviously sugar-free but what about salted vs unsalted?

1. I use salted (whole foods brand).

209. Madeline says:

I’m in peanut butter yumminess heaven…thank you!

210. I realize this is an old post, but I wanted to comment because I made these today and they are SO GOOD! You have a new fan :)

211. Debra says:

I love this. Improvised a bit… added a scoop of protein powder and some oats… and they were quite good! Thanks for the inspiration!

212. Eythana says:

Just made these and they’re amazzing!!! yes, it’s true. they’re extremely addicting :) Thank you Katie!!

213. Laura says:

I’ve seen a lot of people use dates for sweetening things. Can you use them instead of raisins?

1. sarah says:

yes, you can! it will have a slightly different flavor than using raisins (in my opinion, a better flavor!) just make sure you use the sunmaid ones from the grocery store, or ones that are equally soft :)

214. Nathalie says:

These are the easiest, most delicious pick-me-ups ever. What I love so much about this recipe is that you can improvise. What I often do is add a spoonful of cashew butter, a tiny bit of hot water and a dash of cinnamon, and then use the cookie dough as a spread on a slice of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin toast. With a cup of coffee, it’s the greatest snack when I’m studying. I also enjoy using it as a dip for carrot sticks (I leave out the cinnamon and adda bit more salt when doing that). Like every recipe on this site, this one’s a keeper. Thanks Katie!

215. Dianna Stewart says:

please tell me where to look for calorie counts. thank you

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

All recipes on Katie’s site posted after 2012 have calories linked right under the recipe ingredients and instructions.

216. Leah says:

Hi Katie!! Great recipe!! Do you know if Pb2 works in these? But these are fabulous, thank you for sharing!!!

217. Arielle says:

I love your recipes! They are unendingly (is that even a word?) creative, delicious, easy and healthy. I always reference your page when I’m looking for tasty treats that are guilt free. Thank you for being so well…..awesome! :)

218. Wendy says:

This is an amazing recipe! I tweaked it some because I like a gooey cookie. I added a couple big scoops of date paste and some ground up oatmeal. Divine! This is going to help my sweet tooth get through the Daniel Fast. Thank you!

219. Meghan says:

Do these taste raisin-y?

220. Belinda says:

I added a little ground flax, oatmeal and gluten free rice puffs. Delish dessert in a flash!

221. Kristina says:

Haven’t tried them yet but I enjoyed reading your commentary probably as much as you enjoyed writing it!

222. Danielle says:

I’m doing the Clean cleanse, so I substituted almond butter for the peanut butter, raw cashews for the roasted peanuts, and added a bit more salt. Amazing! Thank you for the great recipe!

223. Irma Gallegos says:

Hi Katie, I have a question about your PB cookie dough recipe. I’m confused with the 2nd ingredient. Is it another 1/4 cup of PB plus the raisins?

thanks, and I love your blog!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

1/4 cup raisins plus 3 tbsp raisins.

224. Serena says:

Love pb. And love your blog!! (Thanks from an Italian reader)

225. Katie B. says:

Haha, never complain about your commentary, Katie!! It’s one of the main reasons I love your blog so much!!! Your happy rambles cheer me up so often and make my day. =)

226. marissa brueshaber says:

Im allergic to grapes so cant eat rasins. Have you ever made these with figs or dates instead?

227. Rachel Page says:

Made them using PB2 and splenda granulated. Turned out super!

228. Madeleine says:

I know this is one of your older posts, but I LOVE this cookie dough so much. It’s one of my favorite recipes on your blog. You’ve been an inspiration to me in many ways and I wanted to thank you for everything you’ve done on this blog :)