Eight ways to use up your Canned Pumpkin

I promise.

I promise that, after Thanksgiving, I will put the pumpkin away for the rest of the year (at least as far as blog recipes are concerned).

Until that time, here’s a look back at all of the pumpkin-y goodness with which I’ve bombarded you these last two months:

pumpkin-bowl

Pumpkin Cereal

Come June and July, I will still be eating this breakfast cereal. It is much too delicious to stay away until Fall comes around again.

pumpkin-pie-bar

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars

This is a good recipe to bring to parties. The bars always disappear quickly!

pump

Pumpkin Peanut Butter

Just like regular peanut butter, this recipe is good on toast or muffins, mixed into oatmeal, or just eaten straight from the jar.

pumpkin-muffin

Single-Serving Chocolate-Chip Muffin

Lock your doors and draw the shades. This muffin is not for sharing.

pumpkin dip

Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip

When I brought this to a party, even people who said they didn’t like pumpkin kept coming back for more of this addictive dip.

pumpkin pizookie

Pumpkin Pizookie Pie

A much healthier version of the giant skillet “cookie pizzas” made famous by BJ’s Brewhouse.

pumpkin-brownie

Chocolate Pumpkin-Pie Brownies

Sweet pumpkin, rich chocolate, and creamy vanilla. What more could you possibly ask for? Except maybe a fork. And a napkin.

pumpkin-cookies

Chocolate Stuffed Cookies

Delicious chocolate cookie balls, with a soft pumpkin center.

pumpkin oatmeal

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

It’s like biting into a warm pumpkin-oatmeal cookie. For breakfast.

Question of the Day:

Do you have any favorite pumpkin recipes?

Feel free to leave links.

I hope you’ll save room for just one more pumpkin recipe on my blog: pumpkin pie! Not just any pumpkin pie, though. After all, this is a chocolate-covered blog…

1. My mother makes amazing pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. Or maybe I just love them so much because mom’s cooking is always best right?

Planning on making some pumpkin muffins with a cream cheese filling today. Excited to see if they turn out!

2. Pumpkinn butter <3 It owns my heart! All.year.round. :) You did some great things with pumpkin this season. When Christmas comes around will you please put candy canes in EVERYTHING?!?!

1. Haha deal! I’m working on a Candy Cane Pie. But then I also want to do candy cane cheesecake and ice cream and fudge… oh dear, seasons just aren’t long enough 😕

1. Sarah says:

Hi Katie! Was just browsing through comments when i saw about the candy cane cheesecake. I know this isn’t exactly candycane or vegan but it was in my latest issue of Southern living and i thought you could tweak it as you like http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/layered-peppermint-cheesecake-00420000008157/ Hope you can use it as a jumping off point or something!

3. What great dishes! I love how they really are great recipes to use up pumpkin, not to have to open up a new can. Thanks!

4. Maya says:

Thank you! I have SO much pumpkin. I bought the massive cans (and there are only 2 of us at home) and I feel like just when I’m about to finish what’s in the fridge I have to open another can for like 2 T of pumpkin. I too have been trying to be creative in using it! I will have to make some of yours :)

If you are interested, here are some of my pumpkin-y recipes (vegan!) If you don’t have time to click, no biggie. I know you are a busy lady :) Just posting the ones that are vegan.

Coconut Pumpkin Chipotle Soup: http://differentpocket.com/2011/11/15/coconut-pumpkin-chipotle-soup/

Pumpkin Oatmeal (probably similar to yours): http://differentpocket.com/2011/10/30/pumpkin-oatmeal/

1. I definitely am interested! And I know others will be, too!

1. Maya says:

Thanks girl :) Just yesterday I was wishing I had a Katie-like roomie that would share a love of vegetarian/vegan food with me. My carnivorous roomie (husband) doesn’t quite share my excitement over veganizing dishes.

5. Sarah says:

i love pumpkin! The best way for me- in my birthday cake! My birthday was on Tuesday and here is the cake i requested http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-pecan-cheesecake-50400000117060/
    I loved it! There was the creaminess of a regular cheesecake just with a robust pumpkin flavor and the caramelly goodness of the praline sauce with the sweet crunch of the glazed pecans. And sorry for all the adjectives- i just finished my grammar lesson (seriously!). Have a great chocolate covered day Katie! (they should have greeting cards that say that!)

1. Aww happy belated birthday, Sarah!!

1. Sarah says:

Thank you Katie!

6. Amanda says:

Your single serving chocolate chip muffin is calling my name. I should probably make that when my husband isn’t home. 😉

A few of my favorite pumpkin recipes so far this season (I’m not done with pumpkin yet!):

Didn’t realize there were so many. haha

1. Sarah says:

Hello fellow pumpkin lover :) !

7. I’m catering a party in a few weeks and I need to try that pumpkin dip for it! Thanks for the fabulous idea. :)

Lately I’ve been roasting my own and using it in EVERYTHING. My favorite has been the low-sugar Pumpkin-Zucchini muffins (posted with nutrition info): http://www.sprint2thetable.com/2011/11/pumpkin-zucchini-muffins/

8. Gen says:

Yum!! All of your pumpkin recipes look incredible!

9. I can’t wait for that pumpkin pie! Bring it on!

10. hey, sometimes i just feel like i’m missing out on things over here in the UK- you guys seem to get so much more enthusiastic about things like pumpkin and candycanes… I love that attitude! 😉 well i’m still a newbie to blogworld and so still finding my feet a little… but i’d like to show you the pumpkin scone recipe i came up with:

oh, and also for halloween pumpkin giggles! 😉

11. Eeep! All these recipes look great! They all got me excited 😀

12. OMG everything looks so good, I have a 1/4 can of organic pumpkin that I need to use, up Thanks so very much!!

13. Nooooo don’t get rid of pumpkin!!! I made your pumpkin cream cheese bars for the roommates and they LOVED them :)

14. YES! I literally have a shelf of organic pumpkin in my pantry (because that pumpkin shortage last year made me worried it would happen again) – while I don’t think those recipes will deplete my stash they will make me quite happy =)

15. All of that stuff looks delicious and reminds me that I need to use more pumpkin. My fave pumpkin recipe is the Punk-kin Pasta from La Dolce Vegan. It’s a savory pumpkin pasta sauce made with pumpkin, vegan sausage, and sauteed onions!

16. Megan says:

No need to usher out the pumpkin recipes! They are fantastic! You have created an amazing array of recipes with it! However, I do second the above comment about chocolate peppermint cheesecake. That stuff is delicious! Favorite pumpkin recipes…hmm…I love pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, and our pumpkin pie with gingersnap crust. Tonight I am making a lentil, spinach, and pumpkin (kabocha) curry that I am excited about! Pumpkin cheesecake is delicious as is pumpkin ice cream.

17. Renee Allen says:

I love pumpkin too! Thanks for all the pumpkin links in one place. It’s beautiful just to ooh and ahh over them.

My favorite pumpkin-y thing to make in the fall is a really hearty pumpkin bread:

Pumpkin Wheat Bread — http://www.bradybunchmom.com/2010/10/wheat-recipes-pumpkin-bread-zucchini.html

18. Oh how I love pumpkin things right now! ALL these recipes look great!

19. Claire says:

You are awesome Katie. Thank you, thank you, thank you for a whole new collection of recipes to try. Your blog makes me happy! You never disappoint. I always looks forward to your posts. (No pressure, or anything…just continue being YOU!) :). Thanks again.

1. Aww Claire, thank YOU for such a sweet comment :).

20. Renee Allen says:

I just posted my own rendition of Jamba Juice’s Pumpkin Smash to my blog. I still haven’t come up with my dream of making it with just whole foods, but that day will have to come later.

Pumpkin Smash Smoothies — http://www.blogger.com/publish-confirmation.g?blogID=538949027081981441&postID=7472694737339306428&timestamp=1321634207353&javascriptEnabled=true