Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Four Ingredient Ice Cream

healthy ice cream

Sweet, drippy ice cream, cascading into a delicious pool of vanilla.

Yeah, it’s winter. But I can’t keep this dreamy recipe to myself for the next four months. And actually, I really like eating ice cream in the winter.

healthy vanilla ice cream

One of my favorite memories is of a Christmas my family spent with relatives in Italy. The weather was bitter cold and rainy, and yet we knew it’d be a sin to leave without sampling the famed Italian gelato. Therefore—decked in hats, scarves, and heavy coats—we sat in a little gelateria, clumsily using gloved hands to spoon the rich, creamy dessert into our mouths. I’ve never tasted ice cream as delectable as on that blustery December day.

Perhaps this memory is what prompted me to pull out my ice cream maker a few days ago, in the ugliest weather we’ve experienced so far this year. The frustrating thing about ice cream makers is that you can really only make one batch per day, since the base needs to be completely frozen for optimum performance.

And I am not a patient person! If a recipe experiment doesn’t come out perfectly the first time, I immediately want to try again. My first attempt at making a healthy ice cream was awful. Loosely following a recipe from The New York Times, I mixed cornstarch in with my almond milk. The result was not an ice cream; it was a paste! In my second attempt, I reduced the amount of cornstarch, but it was still pasty. So, on day three, I omitted the cornstarch altogether…

healthy ice cream

Feel free to customize this basic recipe any way you want! Add cocoa powder for healthy chocolate ice cream, berries for a sherbet, or even crushed candy canes and peppermint extract for a Christmas treat.

Four Ingredient Ice Cream

(Can be any flavor!)

• 2 cups milk of choice or nondairy creamer or coconut milk (see note below)
  • 1/4 cup sweetener of choice: such as pure maple syrup, brown sugar, or xylitol for sugar-free
  • pinch stevia or 1 extra tbsp sugar
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • optional ingredients for whatever flavor you desire

Mix all ingredients (except optional ingredients, if they are chunky) in a dish. If you have an ice-cream maker: simply transfer to your ice cream maker and watch the magic! (I have a Cuisinart, and it took 12-14 minutes to turn the liquid into ice cream. Warning: Make sure your ice cream maker’s base is completely frozen before use, or it will NOT work!!) You can eat it straight from the machine, or freeze a few hours for firmer texture. Homemade ice cream is best the day it’s made, but you can technically thaw it out and it will keep for a few weeks. If you don’t have an ice-cream maker, see nutrition link below:

View Ice Cream Nutrition Facts

A word about the milk: This tastes delicious if you use only almond milk, but the texture is more foam-y (in a good way, if that makes sense!) than creamy. If you use only nondairy creamer or full-fat canned coconut milk, the texture is more like ice cream. (Brand ideas include: Silk creamer, So Delicious creamer, or Good Karma.) If not serving right away, be sure to thaw a little if your freezer is super-cold. (Also, I’d probably stay away from fat-free milks, such as ricemilk.)

Edit: If you are using all almond milk and still want it creamy (not foamy), you can freeze the ice cream and then re-blend it in a Vita-Mix for Vita-mix ice cream. The end result is incredibly creamy, without the fat and calories of using the coconut milk or creamer.

Do you have a favorite ice cream flavor?

Mine’s always been mint-chocolate chip. But plain chocolate is a close second. Coconut’s good, too! And cookie dough, peanut butter, cookies-n-cream… probably the only flavors I’m not big on are sorbets or sherbets.

Here’s a list of flavors: Over 100 Healthy Ice Cream Recipes.

(All of the recipes in the above link can be made without an ice-cream maker.)

Tags: , , ,

1. Ashley says:

My favorite ice cream flavor has to be java chip or mocha almond fudge! Coffee ice cream is the best:) Except late at night… haha.

1. Diamond says:

Coffee is a very good flavour but I think mocha is better!:-)

2. I think mine has to be mango or vanilla with morello cherries…yum!

3. alex says:

bluebell – which is made in Texas – is AMAZING! They have a Christmas Cookies ice cream flavor. It is fabulous. I really enjoy the old school Homemade Vanilla thought. Yum!

1. Ooh I saw that in the grocery store the other day! It gave me a fun idea, too :).

2. Lori says:

Blue Bell is the BEST! I feel sorry for the rest of the country that can’t get it! :) Our favorite it Butter Crunch, with Butterfinger-type candy all in it. We also just tried the Red Velvet Cake. It’s yummy, too!

1. Vonnie says:

Gosh, is there any place in the U.S. that doesn’t get Blue Bell? I grew up in Texas and was disappointed when I moved to the Carolinas, but it’s been here about 10 years now. Also, my parents in Phoenix are able to get it.

Not that it matters. I recently bought an ice cream maker to avoid the junk like carageenan and artificial sweeteners. This recipe is perfect! It’s so easy and delicious. To me, it tastes like Dairy Queen’s soft serve and who knows what’s in that stuff! I also mixed in some fresh strawberries that I had puréed and frozen, and that was also amazing!

This one’s a keeper! :)

4. mmmm ice cream in december! I love vanilla bean, with specks of real vanilla. With apple pie of course. Ice cream is big for me in the summer but I practically forget about it in the winter!

5. Demelza says:

I haven’t eaten ice cream in a long while, but my favorite used to be Baskin Robbins’ bubblegum flavor. I’d often beg my parents to take me after gymnastics practice. :]

6. 4 ingredients, sounds awesome! you have some amazing ice creams katie! I love classic vanilla and cookies and cream. but all ice cream is delicious! thanks for sharing!

1. Save me says:

I love all ice cream flavours especially ones with a bit of crunch.;-)

2. Save me says:

I love all ice cream flavours especially ones with a bit of crunch. Katie your recipes are the best!!!

7. Amanda says:

I also like eating ice cream no matter the weather. Mint chocolate chip is a favorite, but I also really like pistachio. There aren’t too many flavors I don’t like. :)

Love the addition of the rainbow sprinkles!

8. I fell in love with mint oreo and then it was discontinued. I was broken-hearted because it was SO fantastic!

You can’t beat regular vanilla with fresh raspberries over the top in the summer. I’m also a fan of caramel cashew frozen custard.

Then again… never met an ice cream I haven’t really liked. :)

9. Barb says:

thank you thank you thank you!!! my boyfriend just got me a cuisinart ice cream maker, but all of the recipes in the recipe book are super fattening and I have been wanted to try a lighter version! this is JUST what I was looking for! you could not have had better timing :)

I’m crushing up candy canes and putting them in mine for a peppermint ice cream tonight :)

1. Just make absolutely sure it’s 100% frozen before you start, or it won’t work! Oh, and be sure to put the turner in before the liquid… that’s another issue I ran into! 😉

10. My only preference with ice cream is that it have chunks of anything! Preferably chocolate though of course :) This looks super delish.

11. How delicious! The sprinkles make it that much better! I’m not patient either, so this is perfect!

12. Carissa says:

That ice cream looks fantastic. I’m a chocolate girl but the vanilla even looks amazing. I usually get Blue Diamond almond milk, but you made me curious – why do you say not to use Silk?

1. LOL I tried it… I’m not sure what happened, but it was awful (both in taste and texture)!

13. Christa says:

Can you imagine how good this would be if you used Silk’s “Nog” flavor and added candied (or uncandied…) pecans! Yummy yummy!

1. Oh wow, I never thought about using flavored milks… what about their chocolate-peppermint flavor?!

1. Ilana says:

I just bought some So Delicious nog and it’s DEFINITELY getting used with this recipe…I’m thinking like 1/2 nog 1/2 full fat coconut milk, and maybe almonds or maple sugar candy (!!) spun in at the end. I still haven’t actually tasted the nog yet so I don’t know how much sweetener I’ll need to add.

14. wow thats brilliant! & looks yummy.

15. Salted caramel banana soft-serve or peanut butter chocolate HAVE to be the best “ice creams” I’ve ever had. Just wondering – could you make this in a vita with frozen milk?

1. mrsluckypants says:

Brilliant! I loved your post about ice cream and it got me thinking. I’ve had family asking what they can get me for Christmas and I’m running out of ideas so your post was wonderful and gave me a great idea, the cuisinart ice cream maker! How fun would that be to make ice cream with the kids? We are dairy free so I’m thinking we could make ice cream cheaper than we can buy it. Would you agree? Also, just read the comment about using the vita-mix for ice cream and I already have one of those, can you tell me how the texture is in the vitamix vs the ice cream maker? Do you freeze the leftovers and if so, do they turn out ok consistency wise? Thanks so much for your help.

I love pralines and cream from Baskin Robbins but it is full of milk so I don’t get to have it much anymore.

1. Hmmm… I’ve actually not re-frozen the vita-mix one.
          The texture really does depend, though, on what milks you use. I’d recommend ones with a higher fat content… unless you want the spongey texture, which some people like too!

16. Coffee! Green tea! Chai! Summer’s here all year round so I’ll be trying it! 😀

17. I’d always loved chocolate chip cookie dough, but there’s also something to be said about a classic high quality plain vanilla or chocolate

18. I still haven’t tried making my own ice cream! I really want to now. My favourite is, and always will be, cookie dough :)

19. Erin says:

Do you think this would work for one of those Cuisinart soft serve ice cream machines??

1. I’m not sure. I’ve never seen one of those… I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker.
      But if you do try it, I’d love to hear how it goes.

20. Jennie says:

THIS is the exact reason why I have an ice cream maker. Thanks Katie – putting my base in the freezer now!!!

21. Amanda says:

I crave ice cream more in the cold months than I do in the summer!! I cant wait to try your ice cream your mint chocolate chip is on my long to do list.

22. I love vanilla with things mixed in it, or just strawberry plain! Strawberry was always my go-to growing up! Sooo good.

23. Making nondairy ice cream AND making it in a blender rather than an ice cream maker (which is me)…is definitely an art rather than a science I’ve found. So many kinds of milks/mylks, sugars, i.e. maple, white, agave, etc…and so it’s so hard to get it to the right consistency and texture…bravo to you for keeping on with the experiments. And yes, I would have ruled out cornstarch too! Can’t believe the NYT used that?

24. My favorite is mint-chocolate chip, too! That is why your chocolate-mint milkshake has saved me!!!!

25. Megan says:

I absolutely love gelato! My favorite flavors have been gelato: amaretto chocolate chip, amarena black cherry, nutella swirl, and sea salt caramel. If only I could emulate them at home! What model of Cuisinart do you have? I have wanted an ice cream maker but did not know which brand is best.

1. Hmmm… I don’t know. It doesn’t actually say! It just says “Cuisinart frozen yogurt, ice cream, and sorbet maker.” It’s a few years old.

26. Ohh I was having such an ice cream craving last night so I had some So Delicious Coconut Milk ice cream.. but I’d wish I’d had a homemade one! Turning it into a peppermint one sounds fab– chocolate with peppermint perhaps?? But my all time favorite ice cream flavor is jamoca almond fudge- I grew up ordering it at Baskin Robbins and it kind of stuck!

27. Melissa says:

Katie, try making fro yo!

I just take a big container of Whole Soy unsweetened yogurt, add about 3-4 tbs of Stevia baking blend (it has gums in it that help the texture once frozen. Amazing.) and then whatever extracts I want. I’ve done vanilla, peppermint and pumpkin so far! I loooove it. It’s rich and creamy and tangy. You could easily use a different sweetener or just use the sweetened Whole Soy and not add any extra. Both are so good and so easy.

I’ve used the Wildwood unsweetened, too, but Whole Soy is my favorite!

When I make ice cream, I use arrowroot powder and a mix of coconut milk and almond milk. One of my ice cream recipe books (yes, I have more than one!) calls for arrowroot and it works very well with no chalky taste like you can get with other starches. I think it’s Vegan Scoop that I have that calls for arrowroot. Awesome book!

Vice Cream is the other book I have and that’s more nut based ice creams. I make cashew ice cream like they do in Vice Cream. I blend two cups of raw cashews with two cups of water in my vitamix. Add extracts and sweetener to taste and then process in my ice cream machine once the base mix is chilled. Katie, TRY THIS. It makes the most creamy, rich ice cream ever! 😀

1. Oh wow, Melissa, thanks for sharing! I’ve always been interested in cashew-based ice cream, but I never had a recipe. Bookmarking your idea!

28. MANDEE says:

what kind of milk did you use for the ice cream in your pictures? i see that you have a couple of workable options listed. thanks!

1. Definitely the all-creamer version :).

29. Amber K says:

Well it used to be cookies and cream, but I can’t have it anymore (stupid gluten!) Now I’m more likely to just stick to fro-yo in which case I love peanut butter, mint, or just plain vanilla. Although they had pumpkin recently and it was awesome!

30. I love chocolate chip cookie dough soft serve ice-cream! & I have a question, did you use the sweetened almond milk or unsweetened? I usually get the Unsweetened Vanilla Blue Diamond. (& I just made-up some homemade chocolate ice-cream Monday using leftover chocolate pudding so I’m with ya on the winter ice-cream cravings!)

Can’t wait to try this now, everybody has so many good ideas!

1. Unsweetened, like you. Chocolate pudding ice cream??? That sounds SO good!

1. Awesomeness thanks! We took the leftover chocolate pudding & turned it into more of a ‘mousse’ & then put it in our icecream maker. Probably not the healthiest dessert but it was good lol.

I can’t wait to try this out!

31. Katie says:

I ALWAYS crave ice cream, so this is perfect! 😛 So regular coconut milk (not the full-fat kind in cans, but Silk Coconut Milk) would work? I’ll have to test this out…

1. I haven’t actually tried that one, but if you do I would love to know if it works!

32. dara says:

What is the base then??

1. Sorry, I’m confused. The base for what?

1. I think they mean the base that you keep mentioning needs to be “completely frozen”!

“Warning: Make sure your base is completely frozen before use, or it will NOT work!!”

1. Ooooh ooh I see! Sorry, I meant the ice cream maker’s base (the metal bowl in which you put the liquid). I fixed the post.

2. dara says:

so so sorry, I mis-read your instructions on this. Disregard my question.

33. Ellen says:

I’ll have to give the nondairy creamer a try! Cookie dough, mint chocolate chip, and peanut butter probaboly tie as my faces:)

1. Ellen says:

Oops, I meant my faves, but I am sure they end up on my face, too;)

34. Looks delicious! I’m all about eating ice cream in the winter as well, mostly just because I love it so so much. Do you have any techniques to make ice cream without an ice cream maker?!

35. wow this looks really awesome, and my favorite flavor of ice cream is mint chocolate chip too.

36. Sarah says:

Why do you do this to me? Do you always have to tempt my weak self? Do always have to make me lick the screen… which never tastes that good? And then everyone laughs at me! as if they never licked a screen! Well, since they dont read CCK, they probably have no reason to :) Ok, so here is the current scenario. I just finished Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar for 10th grade literature ( not that you care) and am in the middle of a book report on this EXTREMELY boring dude. So i take a break to check CCK, and man oh man was it worth it! Some computer is gonna have ice cream drips all over it real soon…….
    That is all :) Have a chocolate covered day Katie!
    questions for YOU: did you like shakespeare? And on a disconnected note, do you favor vanilla or chocolate?
    My answers: NOT ON YOUR LIFE! and chocolate by far

1. Well, it depends on the work! For example, I really liked Macbeth… Othello made me cry… Hamlet was way too depressing!
      And do you really not know my answer to the chocolate question? Hint: check my blog title ;).

1. Sarah says:

Well, i had a feeling but was wondering why you didnt post a pic of chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla, that’s all :)

37. Val says:

I love your ice cream posts. I really need to get an ice cream maker!

38. Looks awesome! I love peppermint, pumpkin, and strawberry.

39. Sophie says:

Love this! It already makes me think of the ways to be creative with this and adding things :)

My favorite icecream is the sodelicious coconutmilk ones sweetened with stevia. Yum!!

40. Ooh yum I need an ice cream maker! 😀

You actually made me crave ice cream in the winter, which is usually something I only want in hot weather…!

41. Jane says:

Do you think Dream Almond soy milk is good for this? And does it taste good in general? (I tend to only drink unsweetened soy milk but want to try something different)

1. Sorry, I’ve never had Dream almond soy milk. I don’t think I’ve even seen it before.

42. Ida says:

Lecithin is magic in ice cream (or homemade chocolate), it makes everything creamy and also gives a slightly thicker consistency. I love it!

43. Kim says:

Just curious about your choice of almond milk. I always drank the Blue Diamond 40 calorie unsweetened milk but my fiance bought me Silk unsweetened almond milk and I noticed it had 5 less calories per cup so I’ve been buying that lately. What’s your opinion? I saw you suggested using Blue Diamond instead of Silk in the ice cream recipe (which I will also be making soon!) I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker, also, and tried making a coconut ice cream in the summer and it never came together even though my insert was completely solid. Excited to try yours!

1. I think the Silk one is thicker, so I like it better if I’m actually drinking the almond milk straight up. But for baking, I like almond breeze better. Plus it can be shelf-stable, which is always a plus!

2. Asian Chick says:

Just reduce your gum consumption by 1 stick. It has 5 calories, so you’ll be fine with Blue Diamond.

44. This is PERFECT for the icky weather we’ve been having. Seriously though, where are the crisp, beautiful december days I’m used to?

This icecream looks so delicious though. I mean, mouth watering delicious. I bet it would be good with a spoonful of peanut butter or some of your cookie dough mixed in :)

45. Kit-Kat says:

I love all flavors!!! The only exception is probably nut-infested flavors…. especially those containing pistachios or walnuts. I’ll have them on occasion, but it’s not a top pic
    My absolute favorite is Baskin Robins 31 Flavors Daiqurie ices (original, watermelon, and raspberry). Other than that, I love cookie dough, peanut butter kinds, brownie or chocolate kinds, cookie crumb kinds, coffee, caramel and toffee….. the list goes on and on!
    Do you like pistachio ice cream??? I only like it in spamoni.

1. I don’t think I’ve ever tried it! I love pistachios, though!

46. You’ve tried it with almond milk and it didnt work?

1. Silk almondmilk doesn’t work.

47. vogelstar says:

I grew up on peanut butter chocolate, but I also love rocky road. I love everything with marshmallows. I wonder if you have ever posted or will ever post a smores based recipe. MMM

48. Probably one of my favorite recipes you’ve done yet. You are a rockstar :-)

49. Candace says:

Hm… can someone even choose a favorite flavor? i really like coffee or turtle or cappuccino or mint or banana or peanut butter. the list doesn’t end! i really want to try this recipe but don’t have an ice cream maker. is there another way to make it? please say yes.

1. Try any of these recipes if you don’t have an ice-cream maker. (They do need a vita-mix, though.)

1. Candace says:

bummer. I haven’t got a vita-mix either:( i guess i know what to ask for for Christmas, though.

50. So easy, so tasty! I have a Cuisinart too and have only used it once. Shame on me! I love those sprinkles, they make me happy to look at. :)

51. Liz J says:

anything with gooey fudgey peanut buttery cookie dough chunkiness goodness!

52. I love gelato! I’m so jealous of you for your trip to Italy! :) When it gets warm again I must make this for my family because we are one big pack of ice cream lovers. Ooh by the way, your photography is AMAZING. I wish I could photograph food like that!

1. Oh no, I have so much to learn! I always feel like taking good photos is a struggle for me :-?. Photoshop is my crutch, fixing everything from dark photos to overexposure! 😉

53. Kate says:

Have you tried making ice cream with frozen bananas as the base? I guess you would have to like bananas for the recipe to be worthwhile, but it is healthy and delicious! I sometimes add peanut butter.

1. Oh yes, definitely! I always add peanut butter!! And sometimes a little cinnamon :).

54. My favorite is definitely moose tracks…peanut butter cups, vanilla ice cream, and chocolate chunks and fudge swirls. mmmm.

55. I will eat ice cream even if it’s cold and snowing (as long as I have my electric blanket!).
    My favorite flavor is mint chocolate chip, but as long as it doesn’t have blueberries, pineapple, or coffee- I’m good. Add a brownie to the bowl of ice cream…oh yum!

56. Aja says:

Vanilla. Does that make me lame?
    I wish I had an ice cream maker.

1. Haha no, there’s no way you could ever be lame ;).

57. Mint chocolate chip is a favorite of mine. Those sprinkles make the ice cream cone look so festive!

58. Amy says:

we have an old fashioned (but with motor) White Mountain ice cream machine. You fill the metal container, pour ice and rock salt around it, plug it in and let it churn til frozen. Do you think your recipe would work in it the same way? No pre-freezing of anything is required and I soooo miss ice cream!

1. I’ve only tried it with my Cuisinart, so I can’t say for sure. I’d HOPE that all ice cream makers would work! If you do try it, I really hope it works for you! :)

59. Kathy says:

For me, it would have to be…hm…okay, honestly, I’ll eat anything you place in front of me (unless it’s cockroaches, or rats, or something out of the norm (although, I did eat bear meat once; tasted like pork).
    But, ultimately, I’d have to say cookies n cream!

60. rach. says:

THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD. oh my goodness, coconut milk? YUM.
    LOVE the blog girl. just thought i’d let ya know. 😉

love, rach.–

61. Meredith says:

This would be great with soy/rice “egg nog”!

62. how many servings does this recipe make? i totally love love love ice cream, though every time i try to make it i’m always less than satisfied… any suggestions?

1. It depends on how big you want your serving lol. Also, if you use the full creamer version, you’ll probably be satisfied with a smaller serving because it’s richer.

63. cj says:

my absolute fave ice cream is tiger tiger lol (the brite orange and black stripes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good ) finding it tuff to make raw tho lol hahaha

64. Caryn says:

Hey Chocolate Katie, have you heard about Cookie butter from Trader Joe’s? This reminds me of one of your recipes, though I’m sure you’d make it better and healthier. Time for a knock off?

1. LOL I can’t try it! I don’t have a TJ’s here :(. Is it kinda like my gingerbread butter? Maybe with some coconut flour added in for buttery-ness? From what I saw in your link, it’s gingersnaps combined with nuts? In any case, it sounds fun!

65. esmemerrie says:

who cares that it’s winter! did you know the state that eats the most ice cream is Alaska? ya weird huh? I love chocolate chip cookie dough or brownie chunks in my ice cream! I also like to add some almond butter when I make your recipes :)

1. So weird! I also read that ice cream sales go up in winter months. Maybe because, like another commenter mentioned, more people are eating pie… and ice cream goes so well with pie!

2. Grizzly says:

I told my graeomdthnr how you helped. She said, “bake them a cake!”

66. Tara says:

I may have spent my allowance on an ice-cream maker today…may your ice-cream-in-the-winter-lovin heart be blessed forever! I can’t wait to try it :D.

67. I’m almost embarassed to say because it’s probably one of THE. WORST things for you, but Ben & Jerry’s Half Baked. It’s the best of everything: chocolate AND vanilla ice cream. Cookie dough AND brownie pieces. Pure “eat your feelings” heaven

68. T says:

Yum yum yum, looks amazing!!!

69. Yummy! I love cookie dough ice cream and I could eat ice cream anytime of year. I asked for an ice cream maker for Christmas. Here’s hoping I get one so I can make this!

70. We’ve had good success with rice milk, although it does come out more like sorbet than ice cream, and we’ve had many many compliments on how yummy it was!

We can ONLY use rice milk as our littlest one is allergic every single other kind of milk….even flax seed milk! Makes life very challenging but I’m up for it!

1. Ooh good to know! I was afraid ricemilk wouldn’t work because of its low fat content.

71. Delicious. I have an ice cream maker thanks to the boyfriend! I’ll have to give it a try. I used to be a chocolate-only girl, but I love anything with peanut butter mixed in!

72. Maya says:

Be glad you don’t eat meat- arsenic in Chicken!!!!

73. JGodbolt says:

That breakfast looks delicious and you made me want to start eating different types of breakfast other than cereal that I eat all the time.

74. JGodbolt says:

I love ice cream! dessert can be both delicious and healthy for you!!

75. Maria says:

I just finished making this ice cream – SO. GOOD. But I found mine to taste alot more coconutty than vanilla (I just used a regular tin of coconut milk). It still tasted GLORIOUS, but maybe upping the vanilla extract a bit more might achieve a more basic vanilla ice cream.

1. Yeah, the coconut milk definitely will have a coconut flavor (less so if you make chocolate ice cream). You could always try nondairy creamer instead, for a more plain vanilla.

1. Maria says:

Chocolate, now THERE’s an idea 😉

I’m pretty sure the only nondairy creamers I’ve seen where I live are in those tiny little portable packets, and even then I have to travel to a remote location to get them :/ Still think I’ll try though, haha.

76. Ilana says:

ok inspired by you, i just dumped a few cups of SSo Delicious Coconut nog into the ice cream maker and let it run, and wow. Literally just the nog, I didn’t think I needed to add anything because the sweeteners and the thickeners are already in the formula. Yeah, it’s 35 degrees out and I’m facefirst in a bowl of this stuff.

77. I would add chocolate chunks! Or peanut butter! Or whipped cream!

Or all 3.

And I really want an ice cream maker!! :-)

78. Already get your recipes via email!

79. I would definitely add some egg-less cookie dough chunks into this ice cream!!!

80. Also, I already “like” your page on facebook!

81. Caroline says:

I would try to do a gingerbread flavor! Adding in some fresh ground ginger, bit of cinnamon, and molasses and maple syrup for sweetener! Or many sugar cookie dough chip…. Too many options!

82. tiffany says:

I would add chocolate chips! yum!

83. Kam says:

I would add chunks of gingerbread cookie to make it holiday themed!

84. Diana says:

I love coffee, so I would add some chocolate covered espresso beans

85. Ziba says:

I would add nutella to the mix! and some chopped hazelnuts for extra crunch!

86. Ziba says:

I like you on fb

87. Samantha C. says:

I would add graham crackers!

88. Samantha C. says:

I am a fan on Facebook!

89. Samantha C. says:

I get your recipes via email!

90. Sara says:

I have lots of ideas for customizing this basic recipe…Mint chip with peppermint extract and some dark chocolate; pumpkin pie with some pureed pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger; coffee; chocolate almond with almond extra and dark chocolate. Also I might make one of your delicious cookie recipes to crumble over the plain vanilla. Oh yummmm :)

91. YES YES YES. I would make a faux butterfinger ice cream by using pulverized Chic-O-Sticks! Oh I wish I had an ice cream maker.

92. Kerryne says:

My favorite ice cream is peanut butter and chocolate… or pistachio, I think I would have to add those in to this one! Yummy!

93. I would most definitely add some coconut flakes and coconut milk to this recipe. YUMMMMMM!!!!!!

94. I also follow you on facebook!

95. Kerryne says:

I like you on facebook!

96. I “like” your FB page . . .

97. Kerryne says:

I get your recipes via email!

98. Shelley says:

peanut butter cookie dough in plain vanilla yummmmmmmm

99. . . . and follow you on Twitter (@starzskymoon)!

100. Amelia says:

I would customize this so many ways! Adding little pieces of vegan cookie dough bites would be amazing, or chocolate-peanut butter with banana. And maybe some instant coffee with mint and chocolate chips… mocha mint chip… mmmmm. And also a pumpkin spice ice cream! YES. The possibilities are endless. :)

101. Just saw a recipe for banana bread ice cream I am dying to try!

102. lucy says:

I would deffinitly add some dried passion fruit and some lemon juice to this recipie :)

103. Kristin says:

I would try it with chocolate almond milk

104. Liz says:

I would add coffee granules…or crushes chocolate cookies. or both, definitely both.

105. Amelia says:

Also I’m a fan on FB :)

106. Kim says:

I would add peanut butter! Lots and lots. I think I’m Peanut Butter Covered Kim.

107. Kristin says:

I get your recipes via email

108. Crystal says:

Mmmmm Ice cream!! There are soooo many flavor combinations it is hard to narrow it down! However I have been on an almond and coconut kick lately, so I would probably make “Almond Joy” ice cream. I would add coconut and almond extract, cocoa powder and chocolate pieces, maybe some almond butter for richness and a sprinkle of unsweetened coconut!! MMMM!

Another option since I just made a TON of pralines for christmas gifts I might add some butter extract and some candied pecans and make Pecan praline or butter pecan ice cream … MMM! Ok now I want ice cream for breakfast!! 😉

109. Kim says:

Oh, and I’m a facebook fan.

110. Lindsey says:

add peanut butter!!!

111. Kristin says:

I follow you on twitter

112. Vanessa says:

Oh goodness, I’ve been dreaming about this recipe since you posted! I would love to win an ice cream maker so I could test it out :o) To personalize, I would keep it simple by adding some vegan chocolate chip cookie dough balls, and maybe a little drizzle of melted peanut butter.

113. Kristin says:

I like you on facebook

114. lucy says:

Facebook is also how I roll

115. Sara says:

I am following you on twitter.

116. Lindsey says:

and I already get your emails :)

117. Vanessa says:

Also, I’m following you on twitter.

118. Crystal says:

I am a facebook fan too! 😉

119. Sara says:

I am subscribed to your emails.

120. I would mix in cherries and dark chocolate chunks!

121. Jennifer says:

I’d add chocolate and peanut butter!!

122. Beth says:

peanut butter and some crushed up cookies would be divine!

123. Jennifer says:

I’m subscribed to your emails!

124. Sara says:

I “like” your facebook page. (Okay, I must say, I feel silly posting 4 different times on here haha)

125. Liz says:

I’m following you on twitter!

126. Megan says:

Katie. You just made my day!!!! I had just asked a few days ago what kind of ice cream maker you used, so the chance to win one gets me so excited! By the way, I already follow you on pinterest and facebook (extra points!). How would I customize your ice cream? Well, here a few ideas:
    1.) Use Silk holiday mint chocolate milk, add to it crushed peppermint pieces, peppermint extract, and swirl it with dark chocolate almond butter
    2.) Classic vanilla almond milk + cinnamon, add to it YOUR pieces of raw gingerbread men and coconut whipped cream!
    3.) Puree raspberries and add to ice cream made with chocolate soy/almond milk, add in cocoa nibs, and swirl with dark chocolate almond butter/artisana
    Hows that for customization 😉

127. Leah says:

An ice cream maker! What a great giveaway.

To personalize this recipe, I would love to make little cookie dough chunks and mix them in. Not super original, but I’ve never loved another type of ice cream nearly as much as I love cookie dough ice cream! Orrr maybe I’d figure out a way to give it a little cake batter taste…Yum!

128. Liz says:

I subscribed to your email feed!

129. Aly says:

Woo! I want to win the ice cream maker! How I would customize the recipe…four words: green tea ice cream.

130. Brittany Rogers says:

I would customize this by of course, adding chocolate!!

131. Audrey says:

I would love it with a caramel swirl and candied pecans OR fudge swirl and mini pb cups!

132. I would add in peanut butter and chocolate chips! :)

133. Leah says:

I think it might need a little nut butter :)

134. Gabby says:

I would somehow incorporate this cookie butter i just got from trader joes!

135. Jennifer says:

I’d add almond extract, almond bits, and white chocolate chips. YUM!

136. Katie says:

I liked you FB page!

137. Megan says:

I would love to try lemon-blueberry ice cream, maybe with pieces of pie crust or graham crackers crumbled in.

138. kaity says:

omgg! this is amazing i been searching for one for xmas bc ur icecreams make me go crazy! and all the normal price ones are always out of stock except the $500 ones, no thanks! lol and id just go with peanut butter with ur awesome brownie bites!

139. calla says:

I would add orange zest and cardamon seeds!

140. Katie says:

I would crush pb cups on and sprinkle them on top!

141. Trieste says:

I’m into peanut butter ANYTHING these days, so I’d make caramel-peanut butter ice cream. And last night I made a sweet potato smoothie that I think would make fabulous ice cream. I haven’t tried working with flavored Stevia yet but I want to give that a shot as well… I’ve been wanting an ice cream maker for a long time!

142. Jennifer G. says:

Hmm I bet it would be good with the Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream.. Or maybe frozen strawberries with some simple syrup for a strawberry taste.. the possibilities are endless!

1. Jennifer G. says:

Oops, meant coconut vanilla milk*

143. Eileen says:

I LOVE icecream! In fact, you could call me “icecream-covered- eileen”! Being a health provider, nutritiona dn fitness lover, I am alsways lookignf or healthy and yummy icecream! Can’t wait to try your recipes! I would “make it my own” by adding in pumpkin, or chocolate, or ganola, or fresh fruit or…. anything! YUM!

1. Eileen says:

don’t mind my mis-typings… I entered this at work in between patients! Wanted to get my entry in ASAP :)

144. I would try swapping in frozen bananas for the milk! Frozen bananas make INCREDIBLE ice cream! :)

145. kaity says:

like you on fbk!

146. Jaclyn says:

I immediately stopped working when I saw the contest email come through!!
    I would add almond extract and fresh raspberries to this recipe!

147. Katie says:

I retweeted you!

148. Rebecca says:

i would add dark chocolate chips and coconut flakes!! yummmm

149. Sarah says:

Thanks for offering the giveaway Katie! There are a bunch of ice cream flavors I would love to try – I would probably start by adding some mango puree to your recipe :)

150. Connie says:

I would customize this by adding 1/2 cup pumpkin puree and a bit of pumpkin pie spice for some fall-flavored ice cream. I also think it would be interesting to try adding 2 tbl of chia seeds; I’ve never seen somebody do that before.

151. Aimee Miller says:

I’d add Guava preserves…the acidity with the creaminess would be spectacular!

152. Kim Brown says:

I love ice cream ALL year round!!! I think I’ll try this with vanilla and Chocolate Chips! YUM

153. Lauren says:

I like to get crazy with ice cream concoctions. If I had a SUHWEET cuisinart ice cream maker right this moment – I would be all about christmas flavors.

Creamy Peppermint Candy = a little peppermint extract, peppermint candy bits, and dark chocolate pieces (+beet juice for red color)

Gingerbread Snap = + a few tablespoons molasses, cinnamon, and of course gluten-free gingerbread cookie crumbles.

But let’s be honest, the possibilities are ENDLESS. Hot cocoa ice cream, pretzel chocolate peanut butter, sweet pistachio, yum yum YUM.

154. Sarah says:

And I already like you on FB!

155. Gerri says:

I would add some of your cookie dough at the end

156. Danielle says:

strawberries + basil. yum!

157. Audrey says:

I tweeted and follow you (just_audrey)

158. Lauren B. says:

I would customize by adding in small chunks of cookie dough balls and a swirl of chocolate ganache!

159. Taya says:

I’d have to go with either mint or coffee! Or…I could just make them both and have EXTRA ice cream 😉

160. Bekah says:

Pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice! Mmmm

161. Dee says:

Hmmm so many possibilities! I would probably do peanut butter in there as well as try a pumpkin variety. Coconut maybe:). I grew up eating ice cream and making it the old fashioned way with my grandparents, I sure miss both:)

162. Amy says:

I already get your healthy recipes by email (one of the emails I look forward!) and follow you on twitter. Thank you.

163. Audrey says:

I subscribe to your posts via RSS/Google Reader

164. kaity says:

also get your recipes via email:-)

165. Sandra says:

I love chocolate ice cream, there is nothing like a rich smooth chocolate on the tougue. I would add some almonds and coconut to make a almond joy type ice cream. I love ice cream all year round.
    It is an easy dessert but, I gave my daughter my ice cream maker… winning a new one would be heavenly!!!

166. Jennifer says:

Icecream is the one thing that I love but have always wondered if there was a simpler way to make it & make it a little healthier…you’ve come to the rescue! Being that it is a little healthier a few naughty indulgences every now and again are acceptable. My sister in law has dragged me into her love of everything pumpkin so a pumpkin pie flavor would be my spin.

167. Joanne says:

I know the ingredients in this would probably undo all of the goodness in this ice cream but I would modify it by adding Nutella…I had Nutella gelato in Italy and it was AMAZING!!

168. Allie says:

Yum! I would add pumpkin puree, pumpkin spices, and butterscotch chips!

169. Taya says:

I like you on fb!

170. Vanessa says:

I would customize it by adding in some raw cookie dough crumbles!

171. melanie says:

i think i would stir in some dried cherries and cacao nibs! yum!

172. Rachel says:

This recipe sounds awesome!!! And I love that you don’t have to cook the ingredients first!

I would add MALT!!!! I don’t know why, but I LOOOOVE malt in ice cream…even mint ice cream!

I’ve always wanted an ice cream maker….that would be great to be able to make healthy, non-chemical-y ice creams. I stopped eating the regular packaged ice creams after reading the labels….it’s really scary what they put into it!

Thanks so much…love your blog! :))))

173. Michelle says:

I would add caramel to it

174. Yvonne says:

My favorite ice cream come from using spring and summer fruits–fresh peach, fresh strawberry with chocolate, and blackberry. Yum!

175. Korby says:

I LOVE coconut in my ice cream…would love to be able to make it at home:o)

176. Kim says:

I retweeted (and follow) you! (I really want to make some vegan ice cream!)

177. Taya says:

I subscribe to your e-mails!

178. Michelle says:

I like you on fb

179. I would add cocoa nibs! They’re not too sweet and so healthy!

180. April says:

As someone who is gluten, dairy, and cane sugar intolerant, I would adore making my own ice cream! One of my favorite mixtures of flavors is banana and peanut butter. Banana is so naturally sweet but adding a bit of extra honey doesn’t hurt. :-)

181. Andrea says:

I’d add shredded ginger, vegan caramel, cinnamon, and shortbread pieces spiked with nutmeg and clove.

182. Julia says:

I would use peppermint extract and chocolate chunks to make it mint chocolate chip!

183. Leah says:

I get your emails

184. robin says:

Hmmmmm….I think a chai ice cream or a gingerbread for the season would be awesome…..mmmmm maybe a little coconut to simulate snow…..OH…..the possibilities!!!! Ho Ho Ho……

185. Hannie says:

I’d really love an ice-cream maker!

There’s so much I would love to try – for starters, Kaya ice-cream. Kaya’s an amazing coconut jam we eat a lot of back home, and can be easily made. And I’d combine it with my favourite recipes of yours – lightly blending in your brownie bites/ larabars would make this amazing :)

1. BAnu says:

Are you from Malaysia? I am from Malaysia and love kaya.

186. Bekah says:

I follow you on facebook

187. Jenny says:

If I had the ice cream maker necessary to make this? I would customize it by making it into chocolate raspberry ice cream! Defeats the whole “four-ingredient” aspect but… 😉 I’d add cocoa powder and frozen raspberries, and maybe some cacao nibs or actual melted chocolate for an extra decadent treat!

188. I would add cacao nibs! They’re healthy but delicious!

189. Leah says:

i follow you on FB

190. Lauren says:

I get your emails!

191. Jenny says:

I already like you on Facebook :)

192. Sandra says:

I also liked you on Facebook…..dessert is so much fun!!! Happy Holiday!!!

193. Denise says:

Can’t wait to try this recipe and would love to win the ice cream maker. I would customize with chocolate (cocoa powder) and crushed candy canes…a combination I love for the holidays!

194. Lauren says:

Liked on facebook!

195. I would add lots of chocolate and a big spoonful of peanut butter!

196. Jennifer says:

I would love to make a chocolate chocolate chip with raspberries added. YUM!

197. Bekah says:

I get your emails as well!!

198. I would add frozen strawberries! I LOVE strawberry ice cream!

199. Jenny says:

… aaand I’m subscribed to you by email already too!
    (I don’t have Twitter, though, so no extra entry from that, haha.)

200. Suzy says:

What about soaking some raisins in rum, draining them off and making rum raison ice cream for Christmas?

201. kelly ronca says:

I would love chocolate peppermint! YUM YUM!! Thanks for offering such a great giveaway

202. H says:

I love the idea of using coconut milk for this! I can’t wait to try it with home-made peppermint bark chips! I like to make the bark with a ganache in the center of the two layers of white chocolate and crushed candy canes. Softer on the teeth and a great creamy surprise…. yum 😉
    I layer Melted white chocolate on top of wax-paper lined baking sheet, sprinkle crushed candy canes and chill.
    Then, melt semi-sweet nestles chips over double boiler and add liquor of your choice (I like Kahlua or peppermint schnaps) and some heavy cream (or dairy-free substitute of your choice) to make ganache. Pour over the chilled white chocolate layer and re-place into fridge.
    Finally, I repeat white chocolate layer (more crushed candy canes) and chill till set. Break up into pieces and add to Ice-cream!!!!

203. Yin says:

I would add some dark chocolate chips and add some espresso/coffee!

204. Erin says:

I would definitely add some kind of chocolate!!

205. I get your posts via e-mail.

206. Aisatsana says:

I would make a dark chocolate-coconut ice cream! Awesome give-away BTW!

207. Kristin says:

I would add some expresso and mini chocolate chips OR some PB2 to make it peanut butter.

208. Julia says:

I already like your page on Facebook!

209. Sonya says:

cOfee chcolate chip or cinnamon :)

210. Dara says:

I’d add a bit of cocoa, shredded coconut, and walnuts!

211. I like your page on Facebook

212. Jennifer says:

I already get your emails!! Love!

213. Yin says:

I already subscribe to your emails :)

214. I follow you on twitter and i tweeted

215. Katherine D. says:

I would add strawberry jam and chocolate chips

katherinedibello (at) gmail (dot) com

216. Chrisiecupcake says:

I’d love to try this recipe with amaretto and bing cherries! I think that would be so delicious!!

217. Katherine D. says:

i subscribe via email

218. Sarah Huggins says:

I would love to win the ice cream maker! I make all your recipes and lifting weight as much as I do I like to add in protein powder – chocolate myofusion to be exact – so yummy! It makes a great Post workout when paired with the brownie I make with just the pp and water! Thanks for the chance, would be put to great use at my house!

219. Kristin says:

I also get your Healthy Recipe e-mails.

220. Erin says:

I follow you on FB!!

221. Jessie says:

I would definitely use this to either make some ridiculous chocolate peanut butter ice cream, pumpkin spice (because I STILL can’t get enough of the pumpkin recipes…) OR some egg-free nog ice cream (tis the season!) Mmmmm.

222. M says:

I follow you by email!

I’d love to add toasted shredded coconut to the ice cream! :) Coconut = YUM!

223. Sarah Huggins says:

224. Suzy says:

I get your emails and enjoy them so much!

225. Sarah Huggins says:

“Liked” on facebook!

226. I would add in a million different flavor extracts. The possibilities are endless!

227. Jennifer says:

I follow you on twitter and I tweeted

228. Dara says:

I just signed up for your emails!

229. Ashley says:

Since I am a chocolate lover too, I would add some chunks of my healthy chocolate brownie bites to it and for my husband I would add some strawberry and banana chunks!! So many options to make this even more delicous!!

230. Jenn says:

Ohh man. There’s ENDLESS possibilities to customize this ice cream! I think I’d first stick with the healthier options… such as add raspberries. Although, adding chocolate and peanut butter is awfully tempting. :)

I already like your page on facebook! :)

231. Jessica says:

I would make fresh strawberry ice cream, mmm….

232. Jessie says:

And in the interest of winning an epic-awesome ice cream maker –

I already get your recipes as emails (and looooove them!)

233. Tiffany A. says:

I would add chocolate!!!

234. Meredith says:

That ice cream looks so good! I think I’d probably add some chunks of peach to mine :)

235. Jessie says:

I also ‘like’ your facebook page – – –

236. jeanna says:

I would probably add some nutella :)

237. Connie says:

Right now I would crush candy canes and add. The rest of the year I would probably add mocha powder or straight coffee.

238. Kira says:

I would love to make a candy cane version of this! I would crush up a few organic vegan candy canes and maybe add some peppermint extract!
    And of course I would add some chocolate!! YUMM

239. Fun giveaway!! Thank you, thank you for this chance! I’ve always wanted one. :)

I’d definitely have to make Snicker’s ice cream as best I could. That stuff is heaven.

240. Dakota says:

I would (and probably will) make as many flavors as possible in the summer. Chocolate coconut almond? Cherry chocolate chunk? Apple-pie? Or just Vanilla with chocolate sauce (childhood FAVE). I’d love to win the give-away, but now I’m mostly just excited about all the ice cream I’m going to make this summer.

241. Tiffany A. says:

I get your emails!

242. Rhiannon W. says:

I follow you on Twitter and I retweeted your tweet! Sadly I can’t like you on Facebook, I no longer have one.

243. Kaycee says:

Mmm ice cream- my two favorite words! I would definitely make a mocha flavored ice cream- some coffee and chocolate flavor thrown in. Also I would do key lime pie flavor and even throw in some spinach for some nutrition and color ;p. OH and a nutella flavored one (a mix of hazelnut and chocolate) would also be glorious. Goodness the endless possibilities are mind boggling 😀

244. Dakota says:

I also get your e-mails.

245. Sarah Huggins says:

246. Jessie says:

– – – and follow you / tweeted on Twitter!

247. jeanna says:

I get your email recipes

248. Jenn says:

I already like you on facebook! :)

249. Deneigh says:

Oh my gosh, this ice cream maker is on my Christmas wish list! We just tried an easy 3 ingredient recipe at my cousins house (they got one for their wedding, which is why I added it to my wish list)! Sweetened condensed milk, half and half, and vanilla. Of course to make it 4 ingredients you’d add something in like Oreo’s! Healthy goes out the window though, lol!

250. Lena says:

After trying everything you mentioned already, I would probably try some sort of Kinder Bueno form of ice cream, with hazelnut and chocolate (and probably peanut butter, since I add peanut butter to everything) 😀

251. Jessie P says:

I subscribe to your emails!

252. Lauren says:

I already get your emails :)

253. Julianna says:

I would add peanut butter brownie bites to the mix :)

254. Kalyn says:

I’d add some dark chocolate chips. Yum!

255. Shaina Rance says:

Ground dark chocolate and coffee beans. Poor man’s (or woman’s) chocolate caffeine fix! YUM!! (thank you, chocolate covered Katie! You have inspired my new whole foods goodness diet. I haven’t done it without you, because it wouldn’t be near as delicious or fun!) THANK-YOU :)

256. Jessie P says:

I like you on facebook too!! :)

257. PhaedraH says:

Adding peanut butter or mint…probably not at the same time. 😉

258. Marsey says:

I follow you on Twitter

Would love to win the ice cream maker!

259. Shaina Rance says:

Ground dark chocolate and coffee beans. Poor man’s (or woman’s) chocolate cool caffeine fix. YUM!! (thank you, chocolate covered Katie! You have inspired my new whole foods goodness diet. I haven’t done it without you, because it wouldn’t be near as delicious or fun!) THANK-YOU :)

260. Meredith says:

I subscribe to your blog by email.

261. I already subscribe by email

262. wow i was going to comment saying mint chocolate chip anyone? then saw you put that was your favorite flavor. but yes, mint is what i would add because i love anything mint! maybe peppermints too!

263. Stephanie says:

I would LOVE to win an ice cream maker! I’ve been dying to try out your healthy homemade ice cream recipes. I think I would try to customize the recipe to make a peanut butter chocolate flavor (my favorite sweet and salty combo!). Thanks for a great giveaway!

264. Dakota says:

And I like your page on Facebook.

265. Tiffany says:

I LOVE your blog!

With your recipie I would make my favorite Ice cream of all time- Almond Joy Ice Cream :-)
    I would use coconut extract with chocolate chips and almonds. I would probably add your whipped cream recipie to top it off :-)

Thank you for what you do!
    P.S I get your emails, I like you on facebook, and I follow you on twitter.
    So, yes, I’m a fan :-)

266. Lena says:

And I’m already subscribed by email :)

267. Alexis says:

Add coconut flakes and a little coconut extract to make a truly tropical flavor.

268. Tori says:

Mmm I’d add chocolate chips!

269. morgan says:

I would LOVE any pb and dark chocolate combo!

270. Aisatsana says:

I like you on Facebook

271. Anna says:

I would add in some peanut butter! Mmmm!

272. I would add some nutmeg and bourbon to make an eggnog flavor.

273. Ruthiey says:

I would make peanut butter icecream with chocolate chunks in it. :)

274. Jess says:

Mm… I think I’d try it with a swirl of honey. I’m moving out soon and have way too much kicking around to use up completely 😉

275. Deneigh says:

I just “liked” you on Facebook!

276. caiti says:

I’d make it with coconut milk and add coconut, dark chocolate chips, and almonds:)

277. Maddie says:

Well this isn’t my favorite flavor (because honestly I’m not sure if it exists) but it’d be so yummy to add a splash of rum,bourbon,and nutmeg and then mix in spiced molasses ribbons to make Eggnog Molasses Swirl ice cream! 😀

278. Renee Allen says:

Mint Chocolate is my favorite too, but I also love chocolate peanut butter ice cream (like Purely Decadent Peanut Butter Zig Zag). If you could come up with a way to make that, I’d be swooning!

279. Meredith says:

I follow you on Twitter and retweeted about this as @TheVeganKitchen.

280. Lisa Broadley says:

What about your Canadian fans? Are we not eligible??? I like you on FB as well. BTW mint chocolate is my favourite…I would love to try your recipe! And maybe if I don’t win one, then I’ll buy it!! Being lactose intolerant this would come in handy!!

281. Shannon says:

I would try chocolate chips in the recipe.

282. Jennifer says:

I like you on Facebook! 😀

283. Anna says:

And I already get your emails!

284. SB says:

One word: Pumpkin!

285. Shannon says:

I already Like you on fb.

286. Shaunna Ulrick says:

I would put mini m&m’s in it :)

287. Deneigh says:

I am excited I get your emails now, I didn’t know you had that option!

288. Stephanie says:

I get your emails :)

289. Anna says:

I would add in peanut butter!!!!

290. Meredith says:

I “like” you on Facebook.

291. Faith Halverson says:

I love coconut ice cream so I’m going to try this with some toasted shredded coconut and coconut milk!

292. Shaunna Ulrick says:

I get your emails! :)

293. Shannon says:

I tweeted.

294. Cassie says:

I think I would add peanut butter to the ice cream and then perhaps roll the cookie dough dip (without the soy milk so it is firmer) into little bites to create a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter ice cream option. Mmmm.

295. I would add ground almonds and dark chocolate chunks!

296. Stephanie says:

I also follow you on Twitter and re-tweeted.

297. Amanda says:

My favorite ice cream is without a doubt Starbuck’s Java Chip. Instead of REAL chocolate I would substitute carob chips; a slightly healthier alternative, but just as yummy!

298. Faith Halverson says:

I love coconut so I’m going to try this with toasted shredded coconut and coconut milk!

299. Ida Marie says:

I would add cocoa powder, swirls of agave caramel syrup and pieces of chocolate fudge babies. Yum!

300. Stephanie says:

And I like you on Facebook!

301. Chia says:

Wow a Cuisinart ice-cream maker giveaway- thanks CCK! How would I customize your recipe? Hmm… it might sound strange, but I would try chopping up some fresh herbs (like basil) and adding that into the mix before putting it into the machine. OR, I’d add some organic powdered ginger… the possibilities… yum!

302. Lauren says:

I’d add peppermint for a holiday flavor!

303. Bev Nicholas says:

i would add chocolate, caramel ( or Dulche de leche) and pecans.
    Turtle ice cream would not last long in my house.

304. Lauren says:

I get your recipes in my emails.

305. I think I would throw in some candy canes for a wintery treat to have with some warm pie! mmmmm

306. Dalai Lina says:

Hands down, my FAVORITE ice cream is coffee! I’d throw a shot in there and be in heaven!

307. Ida Marie says:

I would add cocoa powder, swirls of agave caramel syrup and pieces of fudge babies. Yum!

308. Rebecca Jack says:

my favorite dark chocolate right now is a peppermint flavor by endangered species. Peppermint ice cream with peppermint dark chocolate chunks would hit the spot this holiday season :) yumm

309. Faith Halverson says:

I get your emails!

310. Ashley says:

Mine would be coffee flavored…. with candy cane topping. Yumz

311. Tanya says:

I subscribe to your emails…and LOVE them!

312. I would put some mochi and chocolate chips in my ice cream! I love adding them to fro-yo, but I bet in ice cream, it would be even better!

313. Emily says:

I’d love an ice cream maker to make this recipe!

314. Cadry says:

I would add amaretto and maraschino cherries to coconut milk. This ice cream maker has been on my wish list for eons!! Here’s hoping!

315. Danielle says:

I would throw in dark chocolate pomegranate seeds, chocolate fudge, and pistachios :)

316. courtney says:

I would like to try making a red velvet cake ice cream or a cake batter flavor since I finally found butter extract! Yum yum yum, thanks for the chance to win :)

317. J says:

i would absolutely love this ice cream maker!!

s’mores – using the graham crackers from your recipe and dark chocolate/cocoa powder and vegan marshmallows yum! : )

318. Amanda says:

I am subscribed to your emails and I “liked” your facebook page. Please keep the recipes coming!

319. Sarah says:

I would make cake-batter ice cream! Yum! I don’t usually like commercial ice cream because I don’t like dairy- making my own from almond or coconut milk would be awesome!

320. Anne says:

Cookie dough ice cream is my fav!! Yum!

321. Danielle says:

I already like you on FB!

322. J says:

I also subscribed to your e-mails!

323. Jane says:

I’d add a few tablespoons of pistachio paste and 2 tablespoons of crushed pistachios to make pistachio ice cream!

324. Lori Finch says:

325. Sarah says:

I subscribe to your emails!

326. Stephanie says:

I would love to try this with bits of raspberry, dark chocolate and salty Brazil nuts. Sweet, salty and chocolate, my favorite combination!

327. claire says:

I think I would add a couple tablespoons of peanut butter! I am addicted to the stuff, so that’s what I would do :) (and extra chocolate chips!!)

328. Xina says:

Customize this, eh? Mmmm. I’d probably add peppermint extract and some mini chocolate chips. Yum!

329. Lori Finch says:

Thanks for such a great healthy recipe! I would love to win a ice cream maker!!! I would try to add chopped pecans and caramel sauce….yummy! Adding you to my facebook friends!

330. Danielle says:

I follow you on twitter and tweeted this!

331. J says:

I also like you on Facebook

332. Heidi says:

I would love to try to customizing this ice cream. I love chai lattes, and I think that would be a great, fall flavor!

333. Lisa Kline says:

Hmmm, how would I customize the recipe…
    Well, for one, I’d LOVE to do a frozen YOGURT instead of ice cream!
    I’m thinking of trying to do a tart frozen yogurt sweetened with honey, add vanilla, and add granola as a mix in

I also would love to do a GINGERBREAD ice cream or frozen yogurt using gingerbread spices and even some candied ginger in the ice cream (I looooove ginger).

Lastly – PEPPERMINT ice cream or frozen yogurt using crushed up peppermint candies and some peppermint extract! Peppermint ice cream is one of my favorites :)

334. Sarah Spann says:

well since I love pumpkin,I would make it pumpkin-chocolate flavor by adding pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract..and then add in some crushed cinnamon graham crackers and chocolate chips!

335. caiti says:

i liked your page on facebook :)

336. caiti says:

and i follow on email :)

337. Becky says:

I’m going to have to ask Santa for an ice cream maker (if i can’t win one). I want to try this with my fresh-made almond milk. And I’m thinking pumpkin spice would be yummy.

338. Chelsea says:

Ever since reading about your icecream endeavors, I’ve been making it in my vitamix! I love icecream, but have a dairy allergy, so you’ve made me one happy girl. :-)

In response to your giveaway, my favorite add-ins are rum soaked raisins and freshly grated nutmeg. Ahhh, like eggnog! I also like to throw in a huge handful of dates for a caramel-like flavor.

Thanks, Katie!

339. Sarah Spann says:

I liked your page on fb!!

340. Becky says:

I already “like” you on FB.

341. Danielle says:

I follow you on twitter and tweeted this! @nello33

342. Becky says:

And now I’m email subscribed.

343. Michelle S says:

Yay for an awesome non-dairy ice cream recipe! Giving up ice cream was the hardest part of going dairy-free for me. I keep trying to convince my friends and family that non-dairy alternatives can be just as good, and I think this may be the key to doing so! I’m a Louisiana girl so pecans toasted in brown sugar are a favorite mix-in (a la pralines!) but I can never say no to cookie dough (easy PB cookie recipe, I’m looking at you!)

344. Danielle says:

I already subscribe to your chocolatey goodness feeds :)

345. Ambika S. says:

i’d add cookie dough! or mint extract/chocolate chips :)

346. Chelsea says:

I already like you on FB!

347. Kendra says:

An ice cream maker would be amazing to win!! I would probably customize the recipe by adding cherry chunks, cocoa powder, and almond butter:) Cherry chocolate almond ice cream–yum!

348. Christina DeMott says:

Yum! I would definitely add some crushed Oreos and Andes Chocolate mints. Mint Cookie Crumble is my absolute favorite! 😀

349. Rose says:

Cashews and blueberries :)

350. Rose says:

I already like you on Facebook.

351. Victoria says:

I would add coconut flakes and coffee to your recipe. I love the two flavors mixed together!! Additionally I’m already a FB follower & email subscriber. Merriest of
    holidays to you and yours!!!

352. Cindy Paigen says:

4 ingredients are AWESOME!!!

Since Agave and me are not friends I would probably use one of the SF Torani syrups (Mmmmmmmm Almond Roca syrup) and add some vanilla protein powder for a little bit of fullness. I have to whip some up now..(well, not right now. I think after work will suffice)

353. Jessica says:

I’d add some peanut butter coconut oil and chocolate chips!

354. Katherine says:

I would add strawberries!

355. Rose says:

And I subscribe to your emails!

356. Andrew Smith says:

This is such a great sounding recpie. I just wish I had an ice cream maker to get creative with it. I would probably add cocoa nibs and roasted brazil nuts and chunks of dark chocolate to the base recipe for my first variation. But the possibilities are endless. Great post

357. Meghan says:

I would add Oreo’s to this recipe, cookies and cream is my favorite!!!

358. Missy says:

Crushed up Candy Canes and a touch of peppermint extract!

359. Meghan says:

I get your recipes via email :)

360. KellyO says:

I would make vegan peanut butter cup ice cream. Or make your cookie dough (which I am addicted to btw) and swirl it around in vanilla ice cream. Or vegan egg nog ice cream! In short I would pretty much eat nothing but ice cream for quite a while. How many times can I say ice cream in one comment? 😛

361. Jen says:

I would add some of your peanut butter cookie dough to make PB Cookie Dough Ice cream!

362. Christine Rodriguez says:

I love pistachio ice cream so I would add a little pistachio butter and a few chopped nuts.

363. Jen says:

I get your emails!

364. Mmm this looks great!! I would try some butter pecan version!

365. Tammy says:

I would add cocoa to the mix and some nuts!

366. Aisatsana says:

I get your awesome, amazing recipes by email, too. :)

367. Jen says:

I follow you on Facebook!

368. Katherine says:

I like your page on Facebook.

369. Chelsea says:

And get your recipes via email. :-) (Sorry, I wasn’t sure if I needed to post three separate comments since I met your three criteria)

370. Tammy says:

I already get your emails!

371. Tammy says:

I follow you on facebook!

372. PECAN PRALINE. Every day, all day. If only I had an ice cream maker!

373. Amy says:

I really like my ice cream with chunks of cookie dough or peanut butter. I’d love to try adding in some peanut butter cookie dough into this ice cream recipe!

374. Tammy says:

I am now following you on twitter!

375. hipveganchic says:

i would love to add some chai mix. that would be delectable.

376. Erin says:

I would love to win the ice cream maker! I would make some ice cream by using coconut milk and adding cocoa powder. Or I would add espresso and chocolate! Yummy! :)

377. KellyJ says:

OOOh, so many ideas to customize with! (If I won of course)
    I would definitely try with coconut milk and then I would try with pure maple syrup and extra maple flavor and maybe add chopped pecans and then maybe cherries and chocolate chips and then….

378. Lauren says:

I would definitely be making some GF edible, “raw” cookie dough to put in there! And some peanuts for crunch!

379. Laura says:

Tesco direct is part of one the biggest supermarket chains in the UK! I would customise my ice cream by adding leftover broken up christmas pudding into a brandy ice cream base, or maybe a deconstructed mince pie one with ingredients such as- mincemeat (I think you’ll know what this is given you’ve lived in Britain?), maybe some mince pie crust and marzipan swirled in…. or pumpkin and cranberry?! I’d love to be able to make the variety of flavours that exist for dairy ice creams but sadly not for the extremely limited range of vegan ones we have over here ;(

380. I get your recipe emails already!

381. Sarah Spann says:

i subscribed to you through email!

382. Amy C says:

I would have to make mine with coconut milk, shredded coconut, chocolate chunks and almonds! Yum yum!!

383. evan says:

i would adapt for chocolate peanut butter…my favourite ice cream

384. i would add peanut butter to it! everything is better with peanut butter. :)

385. abi says:

I customised this with gingersnap biscuits and honeycomb. YUM!

386. Amy says:

I started following you on Twitter today! Looking forward to some delicious updates :)

387. Katie Yahara says:

I might add in basil and lime to a vanilla ice cream. :-) Basil-Lime Vanilla Ice Cream – sophisticated!

388. Shadia says:

I would add chopped pecans and caramel sauce for a knock off butter pecan!

389. i would add some peanut butter chips :)

390. Shiona says:

Peanut butter is a MUST as an addition :)

391. Amy says:

I liked your page on Facebook!!!

392. I would swirl peanut butter and dark choco chips!

393. PECAN PRALINE! All day, every day. If only I had an ice cream maker!

394. Amy says:

Bam!! I started getting your healthy recipe emails. Can’t wait for those creative emails to start coming’ my way!!

395. Jessica says:

I would customize your ice cream recipe by adding cocoa powder, banana, and peanut butter!

Side note: For those without an ice cream maker (like myself), you can freeze bananas and turn them into ice cream! First, slice the bananas, then freeze them in tupperware. After they are frozen solid, place them in a food processor. They will start out chunky but will eventually turn into a nice, fluffy banana mixture that you can add anything to!

396. Anonymous says:

Yum! Might try adding some espresso, I love a coffee flavor!

397. Kianni says:

What would I’d add..hmm….I’d probably make it chocolate adding cocoa powder and sweetener! or maybe even some of the Ovaltine powder I have!

398. Amy says:

I liked you on Facebook!!

399. Shadia says:

I would add chopped pecans and homemade caramel for a knock off butter pecan!

400. Shiona says:

…and I already like you on FB!

401. Grati says:

I’d love to make it taste like caramel somehow,but my knowledge as far as “cooking” goes is so bad I have no idea how to do that….so i’d probably just add cocoa or some fruit….But I’d love to make my own ice cream because we don’t have any vegan options around here,nor lighter version….so i must say no to ice cream altogheter:(

Btw,I liked your facebook page and followed you on twitter,i was already subscibed by email….wow,i feel like an obsessed fan saying this:)))

402. sarah m says:

mmm…adding cinnamon and maybe biscoff spread might make it taste like snickerdoodles? Using pumpkin spice soy creamer sounds good too!!

would love to win this ice cream maker…the kids have been asking for one :)

403. Jennifer says:

I’m obsessed with mint brownie ice cream. So I’m thinking I’d add mint extract and some of your yummy vegan brownies in there!

404. Shiona says:

I also get email updates!

405. I’d probably add some cinnamon… Yummmm,cinnamon ice cream–it’s been so long! 😛

406. Flavor combos with this are needless customizing and tweaking recipes is my favorite thing to do..

White Chocolate Raspberry (fresh) or Coconut Raspberry (fresh) is one of my favorite flavor combos..
    Smash the raspberries really well and mix them in with the base and freeze.. delicious!

Or maybe a spicy chocolate adding a little bit of chipotle and cayenne pepper powder to the ice cream with a dark chocolate base.. make a cream cheese topping of some sort.. I’m drooling!!!

407. sarah m says:

I already like you on FB! :)

408. Claire says:

I’d add some pumpkin pie spice, and stir in some mini cinnamon chips! Gotta have those warm spices if I’m going to eat ice cream in the winter! :-) Thanks for the giveaway

409. Jill says:

I would add strawberries and drizzle in melted chocolate to make chocolate covered strawberry ice cream!

410. Mariesa says:

I would customize this recipe by adding frozen (or fresh!) strawberries and chocolate sauce. Yumo! Thanks for sharing your recipes!

411. Brittany R says:

If I had an ice cream maker, I would have to make a coffee flavored ice-cream and cover it in chocolate syrup! Oddly enough, I don’t actually like to drink coffee, but as ice-cream…it’s the best! Also, eggnog ice-cream is amazing, too :)

412. I would swirl peanut butter and dark choco chips in!

413. Jodi says:

I would have to go with chocolate and coffe. My two favorite flavors! Then there would have to be peanut butter and coconut for the hubby! Yummm!

414. Tiffany says:

I would add coconut extract, cinnmon, nutmeg, and some rum or rum extract to make an ice cream version of Coquito.!

415. Kristyan says:

My ice cream addition would definitely be lime essential oil- maybe with a little extra lime juice thrown in. YUM!

416. Kristine says:

HI Katie
    I just came across your site and love it. I have one teenage girl that is gluten intolerant and I used this recipe by mixing half almond milk and have milk. Also, the gluten free chocolate chip cookies I make for her crumble easy and then she doesn’t know what to do with all the pieces. They were perfect to add to this recipe and make her favorite kind of ice cream. Thank you for all the great ideas.

417. Frances says:

Hmm, it’s so hard to choose a flavour! But I think I’d have to go with raspberries and white chocolate, which is simply amazing 😀

418. Tyffany says:

I’d add pecans toasted in a little oil and brown sugar. Sort of a praline or butter pecan type thing.

419. Frances says:

Oh! and I subscribe to your emails, too (just saw that bit, haha).

420. I would add butter extract and pecans for butter pecan!

421. Kristyan says:

I like you on facebook!

422. Sabrina says:

To customize this I would add dark chocolate chips and a caramel swirl, yummy!!!!

423. Get your recipes per mails already!

424. Hmmm, I would probably attempt to make some sort of chocolate peanut butter ice cream…. or maybe add some mango!

425. Emily says:

I get your recipes via email!

426. Jordan says:

I would add peanut butter and M&Ms!!

427. Julianna says:

I am a chocolate girl hands down and would totally make a double chocolate chp brownie ice cream! Experimenting with vegan milks! (: yummy!

428. Geneva says:

I would love to make this ice cream with added cinnamon. I love cinnamon ice cream!

429. Emily says:

I’ve been getting festive–adding frozen pumpkin and crushed TJ’s gluten free ginger snaps!

430. Victoria says:

I already like you on Facebook and follow you on Twitter! If I won, I’d probably make ice cream everyday….mixed berry, chocolate chip, peanut butter and jelly…

431. Miranda says:

I’d add toasted almonds and dark chocolate chunks!

432. Valerie says:

I would add cocoa and chipotle chili powder for a spicy chocolate ice cream!

433. Crystal says:

I think I’d add dark chocolate chips and dried cherries to this!

434. Erica Autry says:

I will definitely be adding peanut butter to mine!

435. Ashlee says:

I like you on Facebook!

436. pam says:

I like the idea of the coconut milk. I’ve been wanting one of those ice cream makers, so I hope I get picked.

437. Olivia says:

I would customize this with pieces of the deep dish cookie pie! or brownies :)

438. Melissa says:

I think I would probably add coffee or maybe a nut butter and hot fudge. It’s always a toss up. I also love german chocolate cake, so maybe some nuts, chocolate and coconut. Yum!

439. Kilee says:

I have always wanted an ice cream maker but worried that I might overindulge in ice cream if I had one :) With your recipe, I don’t think it would matter! I would love to add toasted coconut and chopped macadamia nuts. They remind me of Hawaii!

440. I’d add pieces of peanut butter cookies, of course!

441. Lauren says:

I already liked you on Facebook

442. Brandi says:

I would add it to coffee. Mmm.

443. Andrea M says:

Oh my word, my husband just asked me if i wanted an ice cream maker and since we are beginning the process of adopting a baby i didn’t want to say yes because we can’t afford it – i would just dream of making little ice cream cones with the new babes!! And I would peanut butter and graham crackers crumbs to your awesome ice cream base! 😀 yum!

444. A.B. says:

Mmmm… Vanilla coconut ice cream with chocolate almond butter swirls…. I must make some — immediately! 😀

445. Cassidy Wooldridge says:

I would add real vanilla bean specks from the Madagascar Bourbon vanilla beans that I purchased from Trader Joe’s. In addition, I would top Katie’s ice cream creation with frozen banana slices and fresh raspberries to make it super indulgent.

– I already “liked” and follow your blog on Facebook.

446. Natasha says:

I would add caramel and cooked apples (like apple pie!).
    I also follow you on Facebook!

447. Victoria says:

I already like you on facebook and follow you on twitter! i’d love to make ice cream everyday!

448. Emily says:

I would throw in some PB2 and make peanut butter flavored ice cream!

449. Lauren says:

I like you on Facebook

450. Allison says:

Holy moly I would love an nice cream maker! I would definitely want to try adding pumpkin and spice (like cinnamon, ginger, clov, etc.) to make a yummy fall themed treat, and maybe adding chocolate chips and small pieces of peppermint to make a christmas-y one!

451. eiren says:

I think i would have to add something with bananas, peanut butter and chocolate chips! a combo most people can love! 😛

452. Nicole says:

I would make a choc choc chip flavor :) yummy

453. Jenn says:

I’d add pumpkin!!!

454. Jill says:

My internet said my comment didn’t go through, so I think this is my first one to post. If it’s a repeat…sorry!!

455. Moni'sMeals says:

Wow, would this make me happy! Like you said….*Super-happy face*

456. Colleen says:

I would add peanut butter!!! Yum!!!

457. Heather B. says:

First, I love your icecream, the first time I saw it I was super excited to make it because of how simple and easy it was. Then I was even more excited because it’s super delicious.

So, to customize, when it comes to icecream, like any icecream, I can be a peanut butter freak and just want to add copious amounts on top, swirled in, frozen in chunks and crumbled on top, and even just on the spoon so I’ll get a little each bite. However, because of this, ice cream treats can sometimes rack up the calories (even though pb is delicious source of fat and protein ;)) so to make this addiction of mine a little bit healthier, I would keep the original recipe and modify it by adding about 3-4 TBSP peanut butter powder (like PB2) to the mix before putting it in the machine. Then, while its churning, I would put in crushed peanut butter puffins (to give it some texture) and mini chocolate chips (because adding chocolate always makes everything better). I would call it Peanut butter pie ice cream :)

1. Heather B. says:

I liked and follow you on Facebook!

458. Sarah Spann says:

i signed up to get your healthy email!

459. Brieann C. says:

I would totally add peanut butter cups and some peanut butter Yummm!

460. Colleen says:

I would add peanut butter!!! Yum!!

461. Carrie says:

I would add cocoa powder for some chocolate ice cream yum. :)

462. Stephanie R. says:

Adding my entry for the ice cream maker. I don’t much care for peaches, but I LOVE peach ice cream. I’d definately be adding peaches to this healthy treat.

463. Michelle Maujean says:

I would add some strawberry compote and vegan marshmallows. Yum!

464. Nicole says:

My favorite is mint chocolate chip!

465. Michelle Maujean says:

I would add strawberry compote and vegan marshmallows! Yum!

466. I would love an ice cream maker!

467. Sar says:

I’d like to try making a cinnamon version of this for the holidays!

468. Wendy says:

This looks delicious! I would add chocolate a.d peanut butter, you can’t go wrong with that combination as far as I’m concerned!

469. Danielle says:

Sounds delicious! I would customize it by adding fruit: pineapple, banana or strawberry!

I would also love a mint version :)

470. megan says:

I would try an almond joy ice cream – half almond milk, half coconut milk, add in shredded coconut, crushed almonds and chocolate chips…..

471. Krysten says:

I would definitely have to add some strawberries and sugar-free chocolate syrup!

472. I already follow you on Facebook.

473. lindsey says:

I would add some coconut flakes and chocolate chips! The coconut milk would really compliment these flavors!

474. Heather says:

Marshmallows and krispy rice ceral. Yum!

475. Molly says:

I would add in some dark chocolate chips and maybe some strawberries!

476. Krysten says:

I already follow you on Twitter!