Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Healthy Comfort Food?

Where’s the chocolate?

No recipe today… right now I’m on television!

Well sorta. They’re filming today, but luckily the feature isn’t live. I’ll definitely post an update when I find out the air date. Thanks for all the advice and well-wishes on Wednesday.

Chocolate thunderstorm…

I promise all sorts of delicious new chocolate recipes starting next week: German chocolate fudge bites, deep strawberry-truffle pie, single-serving cookie dough cake… as soon as I catch my breath from this crazy week, I’ll start bombarding you with those posts. (Seriously, bombarding. There are a lot of recipes I want to post before Valentine’s Day!)

In the meantime, it was recently pointed out to me that my Super Bowl post lacked any savory recipes, and it’s really more of a savory-recipe event. So here are my savory Super Bowl party ideas:

Melty Pizza Hummus

This savory pizza dip is the perfect appetizer for any party. You essentially get two recipes in one bowl: pizza and hummus! What could be better?

Chickpea Poppers

Once you pop, you can’t stop. And these addictive chickpeas are much healthier than Pringles!

Sweet Potato Chili

I’m actually making this chili for my Super Bowl party this Sunday.

Hungry Guy Chili

No joke, this chili recipe fooled a card-carrying carnivorous friend. He absolutely refused to believe me when I told him there was no cheese in the chili!

High-Protein Chili

One of my favorite comfort dishes. This hearty recipe proves that you don’t need meat to have an incredibly-filling, delicious, and high-protein meal.

Totally Addictive Cornbread

Gotta have some cornbread to go with all that chili! And then, for dessert…

Super Bowl Dessert Recipes

You didn’t think I could go an entire post without mentioning dessert, did you?

Winking smile

1. On TV! YAY, I can’t wait to check it out! And, I can’t wait to make that pizza hummuce for Super Bowl Sunday!!!!

2. This is so exciting. Can’t wait to hear all the updates on your TV fame! What terrific exposure.

Also looking forward to those new recipes – German chocolate fudge bites? Yes please!

3. AHH so SO COOL, Katie! I’m going to check you out!

4. I hope filming goes well! That’s so exciting!!!

5. Congrats again, and good luck!! Love the savory treats you’ve shared, they all look yummy! Excited to hear how the tv appearance went. :)

6. Congrats on being on tv! How fun!
    That cupcake looks amazing!!

7. Renee Allen says:

How exciting that you’ll be on TV! I live in CA, so I hope you are able to post a video. I need to try that hummus too (and the cornbread, and the chili, and the . . . ).

8. Those chickpea poppers look fantastic!!!

9. JEnny says:

Do you think I can find the show on youtube? I live in Denmark, and even mtv is’n amarican.

Well wishes Jenny

10. I’m excited to see your appearance. Link it up!

11. Moni'sMeals says:

Really nice round up here…chocolate is missed but these make up for it for sure. Have fun today, woo-hoo!

12. So excited that you have this opportunity today! Hope it is going well– I’m sure you’re rocking it! And all of these recipes look fabulous for Super Bowl Sunday and beyond! I think that sweet potato chili is calling my name!

13. OK that cornbread and pizza hummus are calling my name! Good luck on your TV appearance, I hope someone YouTubes it so we can all see!

14. There are so many delicious recipes posted here… how could I possibly choose one over the other?

15. Love your savory recipes! Especially the chili and corn bread! Best comfort combo ever!

16. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

AAAAAHHH!!! Can’t wait to see you on TV- maybe Food Network some day? The show could still be called Chocolate Covered Katie- naughtily healthy, or healthily naughty. Either way that would be a great show! Good luck on TV!
    p.s.- here is a yummy recipe you may want to try ( SO GOOD!)

17. Gi says:

Hi Katie! Compliments again for being on TV…
    I hope the “episode” will be available on the net too, for us over sea readers who can’t watch you on TV 😉

18. I tried to comment on your last post, but it wouldn’t let me. Anyway, congrats lady!! I’m so excited for you, and I hope there will be an online clip. Sadly, I don’t think we get the Dallas 5 o’clock news in Canada 😛 I’m excited to hopefully see it!

19. Everything looks so good here! I want the sweet potato chili, it looks delish!!

20. Kristyn says:

Hi Katie! I also write a blog featuring a lot of vegan recipes or vegetarian recipes that could easily be made vegan. :)

I would love to see you’re TV appearance, but I don’t have a TV…so perhaps you could post a video of it on your page! Good luck and have a great day!

21. Christina says:

Hey Katie! Everyday for the past 9 days I have made something from your website..and I have to say…Not ONE thing turned out bad! It was all soo good! You have a real special talent. I am very fortunate as to come across your website, and now Im even competing with my Grandma! (;
    Good job on being on TV! Cant wait!

1. Awwww your comment made me smile so much!

22. Erin says:

This is perfect for today! I’ve been in a bit of a stress-spot and have been trying to avoid my regular (impulsive) food choices when I’m stressed. These new & healthy recipes sound great-thank you!

23. Georgia says:

yummy, this all looks soooo good!

24. Margarita says:

Yummm! I’m looking forward to trying the sweet potato chili.

25. Haha, chocolate for dessert is the cherry on top! :)

26. Amber K says:

Great round-up! Everything looks delicious.

27. Lisa says:

your pb pudding looks so good!!! and congrats on being on tv! so cool :)

28. Rachel says:

Do let readers (like me) who aren’t living in the states know where we can view your tv segment!! On a side note, can I make a recipe request for chocolate souffle? :)

1. I can try… lol I have absolutely no idea how I’d do it, though. I’ll have to research :).

29. Rachel says:

Hope it all went well! I have shared your blog with a few vegetarian/ vegan friends & health concious friends…so you may have a bit more traffic from Australia soon 😉
    Love the single serving recipes-super excited about your new one next week!!

30. Joss says:

I’m all about the desserts 😀 But the pizza hummus looks incredibly yum!

31. Johnisha says:

So, I love your site first of all! I made the pizza hummus and it is delicious! I’m serving it at my superbowl party and I am pretty sure it (paired with veggies) is going to be the only healthy thing there. So, I hope to trick my friends into eating my healthy food and maybe it will out shine the wings and things they are brining. : )

32. Great! I will take one of each please! Looks awesome as always Katie. :)

33. I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed
    about my trouble. You’re incredible! Thanks!