It’s like summer on an ice cream cone.
I got the idea for brownie fro-yo after making my favorite Brownie Batter Dip.
That’s actually how I come up with many of my recipe ideas: think of a particular flavor, then brainstorm every possible dessert that could work for said flavor. Brownie batter dip, brownie batter frozen yogurt, brownie batter fudge, brownie batter waffles…
In other words: don’t be surprised if you someday see brownie batter cheesecake on my blog!
Brownie Batter Frozen Yogurt
Adapted from: How To Make Frozen Yogurt.
- 3 cups plain or vanilla yogurt, such as Silk nondairy
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp dutch or regular cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- a little over 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp unrefined sugar or xylitol, or more to taste depending on the yogurt you use. The frozen result will be less sweet than the batter.
- 1/16 tsp pure stevia, or 2 tbsp additional sugar
- handful chocolate chips, optional
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and stir until completely combined. Transfer to an ice-cream maker (If you don’t have one, see nutrition link below). Important note: Be sure that you like the taste of the particular yogurt you’re using. A few of my friends thought this recipe had a strange taste, but it turns out they just didn’t like the Silk yogurt!
Link Of The Day: