Chocolate Nutella Milk

Liquid Nutella.

nutella milk

Who wouldn’t want to drink a thick glass of Nutella?

healthy nutella milk

Drink it, eat it, bathe in it… okay, maybe not the last one. Then again, perhaps a Nutella bath could be fun. I wonder if they sell such a thing as Nutella bubble bath. They should. I’d buy it.

In bulk.

chocolate hazelnut milk

Chocolate Nutella Milk

A Special Diet Recipe

• 1/2 cup roasted or raw hazelnuts (Other nuts will work too.)
  • 2 tsp cocoa or cacao powder
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup water or milk of choice, or more if a thinner drink is desired. This also gets much thicker as it sits in the fridge
  • sweetener–such as stevia, sugar, maple syrup, or even a banana–to taste

Optional: roast hazelnuts 6-8 minutes at 400F. In a bowl, soak the nuts in water for at least 8 hours (or overnight), then drain. I didn’t bother to skin, but you can if desired. Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender (like a Vita-Mix), and blend thoroughly until super-smooth. If you have cheesecloth, I highly recommend pouring the milk through a sieve lined with cheesecloth. But if you don’t mind a gritty-textured drink, you can skip this step. Before serving, it’s best to fridge until chilled, as it will be hot from blending. This will keep, covered in the fridge, for up to 4 days.

View Nutella Milk Nutrition Info

LINK OF THE DAY:

healthy nutella

……Homemade Healthy Nutella

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Danielle says:

Sounds delicious! I’ve done something similar with pb2 and cocoa powder – it’s like a Reese’s pb cup only so much better fo you! :-)

1. Soooo smart! I should give the Reese’s PB cup one a try!

2. Jennifer says:

I usually drink unsweetened coconut milk, but have been doing some experimenting lately with sunflower seed milk…delish!

3. Jill says:

Oh, my, gosh. You’re killing me with these yummy recipes! Looks great!

4. I love Silk but never have it- they don’t sell it at any grocery store close to me– so, I’m out of luck!

5. Liz says:

THANK YOU!!!

I love your lower-calorie recipes for me, because I’m tryin to lose that baby weight ;).

But my older boy is like a human walking stick, and he doesn’t seem to put on weight and it’s a struggle to get him to take in enough calories in a healthy way. Somehow, I think Nutella in a glass won’t be too hard to convince him to drink! I really appreciate how you mix it up with your recipes, offering something for everyone. Everyone in my household, anyway!

1. Liz says:

Oh, and that photo of you is just gorgeous. :)

6. Sarahishealthy says:

You come up with the best ideas, Katie. I think I’ll try this with almonds, for a chocolate almond milk. I just need to find some cheesecloth.

Also, I made your skinny vanilla cupcakes yesterday, with a few added chocolate chips, and they rocked my world!

7. Lauren says:

Hey do you think you could sub the cocoa powder and hazelnuts with your homemade nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread and just blend it with milk?

1. It sounds good… But really, I can’t say how something will actually taste unless I’ve tried it ;).

8. Yummy! Do u use unsweetened cocoa Powder? Thx

1. Yes, but hot cocoa mix (i.e. sweetened cocoa powder) would be great as well!

9. I LOVE hazelnut milk. I prefer it to almond milk because it’s creamier and naturally a little sweeter. It would be great for this recipe! I have only found hazelnut milk at my farmers market, but I can’t say I’ve looked in health food stores.

10. Rebecca says:

This looks delicious! If you get the time, I think it would be awesome if you came up with a recipe for a delicious post-workout protein drink/shake. Vegan protein powders are awfully expensive!

11. Megan says:

I love Blue Diamond unsweetened almond coconut milk. Or the vanilla almond coconut milk. I like it better than Silk. Just preference I guess. I made the almond joy biscuits yesterday…yummy yummy.

12. This is such a genius recipe! Love it!!

13. wow! thank sounds delicious! nutella and i are BFFs haha! thanks for sharing! cute pic!

14. This is so creative! I am like you- I love almond milk! One reason being that it holds up great in recipes! Rice milk and soy don’t seem to do as well. This looks delicious!

15. Aaaawesome idea! I will try it with almonds very soon,for sure… Thanks for the recipe! :)

16. My fav is almond milk & I just tried the dark chocolate almond milk! It is a little thick for my liking but I put some regular almond milk in and it thinned it out quite nicely! Delicious!! Chocolate milk is such a treat!

1. tiffany says:

I do that too! the first almond milk I tried was the chocolate one because I thought I would get used to it easier, but I found the dark chocolate overwhelming. I got the plain and watered it down with that to make the perfect chocolate milk 😀 Its like drinking chocolate covered almonds. I

17. Sami B says:

Unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I tried hemp milk and it went bad after a few days in the fridge…..yuck.y.

18. If only I had some hazelnuts. This is such an incredible recipe, Katie. Thanks so much! :)

19. Tanya says:

Katie, you are so lucky! I used to live in the US, and it is amazing how many kinds of milk there are! Now I do live in Germany… and, well… A few years ago, soy milk was the only thing you could get.
    It’s getting better, we do have oat and rice milk now. Even though soy is still the only one you can get at a regular grocery store.
    And the Almond Milk (a brand actually just introduced almond here) is so expensive in comparison to yours! Also, Silk just tastes better 😉

1. Janin says:

I live in Germany too! Where do you go for grocery shopping? I find that plant based milk besides soy milk is horrendously high priced at “Bio supermarkets” (whole food stores would be the equivalent, I assume) that’s why I don’t get the special kinds there. Do you have the opportunity to visit “Real”? With about around 1,90€ for hazelnut, almond (both Alpro Soya) and oat milk (Smelk) I think it’s quite affordable. Compared to about 3,50€(!!!) at the Bio supermaket.