Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Healthy Makeover: Pumpkin Spice Frappuccinos

This is what happens when Summer meets Fall:

Copycat Pumpkin Frappuccinos!

Hellooooo Fall.

Yes, Fall is fast approaching, meaning it’s once again time for comfy boots and sweaters, crisp and juicy apples, tangerine leaves that get lost in the whistling breeze…

And pumpkin.

Lots and lots of pumpkin.

Pumpkin Frappuccinos

What better way to welcome Fall than with a homemade Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino?

You don’t even need to leave your pajamas!

pumpkin coffee

Pumpkin Pie Frappuccinos

(makes 2 large servings)

Inspired by my Healthy Starbucks Frappuccino Recipe.

• 2 cups milk of choice (480g)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp instant coffee granules (decaf or regular)
  • scant 1/16 tsp salt
  • stevia extract to taste, or 3 tbsp sugar (or other sweetener of choice)
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (120g)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)

Mix the ingredients together in 1 or 2 shallow plastic containers. Freeze. (You could also use an ice cube tray.) Once frozen, pop the blocks out of the containers. Thaw until just soft enough for your blender to be able to handle it, and blend until desired slushiness is reached. Add extra sweetener if needed, but do NOT add ice! It will dilute the flavor. Pour into two glasses and enjoy. Note: the flavor and texture will obviously vary depending on your choice of milk. I’m sure many types of milk will yield a good result, but I’ve only tried the recipe with Silk almond milk.

View Nutrition Facts

pumpkin drink
Fill in the blank: The best thing about Fall is _____________.

Pumpkin season? Apple season? Butternut squash? My favorite part of Fall is probably the cooler weather it brings. Goodbye 100-degree days!

Link of the Day:

homemade luna bars

……………….Homemade Luna Bars

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Katie, you are my hero! I love Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte, but my wallet doesn’t appreciate me getting one every day. (And Dunkin Donuts’ pumpkin spice coffee is okay, but just doesn’t quite cut it.) I could easily freeze several batches and have one whenever I want. Thank you for this!

1. I agree! Making coffee at home is so much easier on the budget.

2. Same here … Starbucks is so expensive! And you can make a homemade version of any drink they serve!

2. Yes PLEASE! These look fantastic! Best thing about fall is easily all of the pumpkin… I love pumpkin everything. You’re right on track! 😉

3. Rachel says:

These look great!! I think the best part of fall is pumpkin 😀 and of course apples!

4. Best thing about fall: the changing color of the leaves & the crisp air. I love the cooler (but not freezing temps) we get in Washington in the fall.

5. Mary says:

Oh my gosh, this sounds awesome. I love everything with pumpkin and the idea, to make a frappuccino with it in this way is really great. I just have to find canned pumpkin, here in germany, it is not that easy to find it without different spices.
    And the best thing about fall are definitly the colours and all the spices and possibilities to bake and cook with them. I love warm comfort food and fall & winter are the best seasons for that. Another great thing about fall are the long walks in the cold, stormy weather and the cup of hot chocolate or tea with the fresh baked cookies after them. 😉

6. Sarah the official CCK drooler @RomneyRyan2012 says:

For us, fall is HERE. I love fall for pumpkin lattes, thanksgiving, beautiful colors, and buying ridiculous amounts of boots and cardigans…ooooh yes.
    Just wondering- whats on the top? Reddi- whip? or is it one of your recipes- if so, LINK PLEASE!!! :)

1. The new extra-creamy Soyatoo :).
      (My favorite part about it is that, unlike the old soyatoo, it doesn’t get stuck in the can!)

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler @RomneyRyan2012 says:

Soyatoo? I haven’t seen that in my grocery store- where do you buy it? Maybe I should check Wegman’s or Whole Foods.

1. Missie says:

Sarah the official CCK drooler @RomneyRyan2012,
          I saw it at Whole Foods! Mmmm so good!
          Also, who is Romney Ryan?

1. tiffany says:

i think it means mitt romney and paul ryan…the guy running for president/vice president against obama and whats his face…

2. Sarah the official CCK drooler @RomneyRyan2012 says:

Yup tiffany is right :) and thanks so much Missie! I’ll definitely check out Whole Foods!

7. Great minds think a like! I make this drink all of the time! I use coconut milk, which makes it creamy good!! Yum!!

8. tammy says:

I love Pumpkin anything!!! Here is what I do so I can enjoy it immediately. Freeze the milk in ice trays. Then use 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of “ice” and you are all set!

9. Andie says:

I MUST try this–all of your photos are too yummalicious-looking to resist! Fall is probably my favorite season, so my two favorite parts of it are probably the beautiful, crisp weather and the leaves!

10. brianna says:

I wait all year for pumpkin season. I might have to give this a try. It would certainly be cheaper than buying coffee from Starbucks twice a week like I have been lately.

11. I’m so glad I saw this before heading to the store this afternoon so I can pick up some instant coffee :)

The best thing about Fall is – peacoats, cuddling & hot apple cider!

12. I love all things pumpkin during the fall!

13. Emma says:

Ahhh making this RIGHT NOW!

14. Chocula says:

I hope this doesn’t come off catty, but I think the word Frappuccino is copyrighted. I don’t want CCK to get sued, especially since the stuff here is so awesome. Just a heads up :)

1. Ellen says:

Ooooo grad school was so long ago. But I am pretty sure it’s ok to use the way she did, as long as she doesn’t try to actually make the drinks and sell them without Starbucks’ permission or not associate Starbucks in the post, as being the source of the original, at all.

15. Lauren says:

I’m with ya on the cooler weather! I think you’re in TX? I’m not too far in AZ, and we’re still seeing temps in the high 90s! Halloween is another great thing about fall!

16. Yum! and I have all the ingredients om hand 😀

17. Beth says:

Oh my gosh- I’m crazy about anything pumpkin, and have always lovedlovedloved pumpkin coffees, especially from Starbucks. However, I’ve been trying to cut back on sugar, and have generally been eating mostly fruits and veggies lately, and so have only been drinking black pumpkin coffee from Dunkin in an effort to be good. This looks incredible; I can’t wait to try it! Thanks, Katie, you’re the best!

18. Erika says:

Ohh! I bet this would be awesome with maple syrup as the sweetener!

What do I love about fall…just about everything! Although I don’t enjoy running out every evening to cover up my garden so it doesn’t freeze at night and then running out in the morning to uncover it so it doesn’t steam cook itself in the afternoon; I live in Colorado and it’s been in the 40’s at night and early morning and then in the 80’s by afternoon and that messes with me a little bit.

19. Amber says:

I’m not sure why I never comment here, but I swear I pin almost every one of your recipes. They’re delicious. Thank you!

20. Ohhh I am trying this!!

The best thing about fall is jeans and sweaters. :)

21. Katy says:

You are SO motivating and creative — I have been dying for a pumpkin spice latte, but couldn’t bear to consume 40 grams of sugar in one fell swoop. I will happily continue to pin and try your delicious recipes (PS Just recently tried out your cookie dough dip — and everyone who tried it could not believe that it isn’t actual cookie dough)

22. I did one of these last year after seeing the (shocking) nutrition info on the Starbucks variety. 38g of sugar! Is that really necessary?!

Anyway, mine is really similar, but I added spinach and protein powder for added nutrients And ginger ’cause I love it. :)

23. Ally Behne says:

The best part about fall is pumpkin, COOLER WEATHER, the holiday season getting closer, OH, and did I mention COOLER WEATHER?!

24. Andrea says:

ooooh… love it! worked at the ‘bucks two different times during highschool and college, and got tired of every one of their drinks pretty much except for everything pumpkin spice.

25. Definitely pumpkin – but I like it warm! :)

26. Amanda F says:

Pumpkin- especially pumpkin beer! There is a Milwaukee brewery that makes the best pumpkin beer.

27. yummy! I love everything pumpkin! the best thing about fall are hayrides! yay! hayrides for pumpkins hayrides for apple picking! (:

28. Even better than Starbucks! I love so many things about Fall, but as a fellow Texan, I’m with you on the cooler weather!

29. Liz says:

Mmm drinking one right now! I didn’t bother to freeze it, so its not really a frapp in texture. But boy oh boy is it delicious! You have the best recipes!

30. Renee Allen says:

Do you think this would also be tasty withOUT the coffee?

1. Haven’t tried it, but I don’t see why not.

31. Rachel says:

This looks great Katie! Do you have a page of all your pumpkin recipes? :)

32. Melissa says:

Oh wow! I don’t do coffee but I might have to make this for my husband! He’d love it!

My favorite thing about fall is as the weather cools off I can COOK again because my kitchen doesn’t get so hot as the afternoon sun hits it. Soups and stews and roasts and oh yum…I know, you’re a vegan, but, well, I’m not. 😉 But I don’t consume wheat or dairy so I LOVE your recipes!

33. Sara Nickel says:

Sweaters, pumpkins, pumpkin spice candles, sage, and butternut squash soup are all things I cherish this time of year:)

34. The best thing is PUMPKIN! And sweaters and lots of fun holidays! Beautiful pictures Katie!

35. AMANDAtory says:

Best things about fall:
    -scented candles
    -pumpkin and apple picking
    -going to farms for hay rides
    -maple syrup
    -pretty colored leaves
    -perfect weather- not too hot, not too cold
    -you can dig out all your coziest boots, sweaters, and pjs
    -fall fashion
    -with less hours of sunlight, you can catch the sunrise in the morning
    and so on and so forth!!!!!!

36. amanda panda ;) says:

the best things about fall: (prepare yourselves! its a long list)
    pumpkins, butternut squash, pie, CARAMEL, scented candles, going to farms for hayrides, MAPLE SYRUP, fall fashion, the GORGEOUS foliage, apple picking, fairs, farmer markets, HALLOWEEN, cinnamon goodies, and so on and so forth!! as you can tell, fall’s my favorite month- not too hot, not too cold, and perfect in every way <3 i love every bit of it and am so looking forward to your recipes!

37. I’ll have to pass this onto my friends who are obsessed with Starbucks pumpkin spice frapps!

38. My favorite thing about fall is hot chocolate, a nice hot cup of hot chocolate. Beside hot chocolate I love that pumpkin is everywhere, infact I am even more happy that you made a pumpkin frappuccino. This is something I am going to be trying soon, can I pin this onto pinterest?

1. Alanna says:

There’s a red “Pin it” button just above where the comments begin. :)

2. Yes, always. I’m always honored if someone wants to pin something!

1. Thank you for allowing me to pin this.

39. Amber says:

The best thing about fall is all of the seasonal products! Why can’t there be seasonal products all year? They always seem to be the best! Pumpkin, peppermint, etc. I can’t get enough!

40. The best thing about fall are pumpkins – no question!

41. Emily K says:

Just had to run over here to tell you that I just finished it and it was delicious! :)

42. Alanna says:

So many things to love about fall… the change in weather (with lower electric bills!), beautiful fall foliage, daylight savings time (an extra hour to sleep, hooray!), and delicious fall-themed food with apples and pumpkin! Not to mention that it means winter and snowboarding season are that much closer… :)

43. Lacey says:

OMG this looks AMAZING! I can’t wait to try! The best thing about fall without a doubt is pumpkin!!

44. Joanna says:

Yum! I love just about anything with pumpkin in it! Got to try this sometime. =)

I love everything about fall. <3

45. I LOVE finding pumpkin spice hot drink recipes seeing as Starbucks puts condensed milk in theirs. I think it’d tooootally be worth it to get an espresso machine just to boycott Starbucks – $200 is nothing, am I right?! haha

1. Kate says:

haha. I know what you mean. Found out Starbucks used milk in theirs and haven’t gone since. I’ll just make my own.

46. Coley says:

Wow!! I can’t wait to try this.

How did you get your whipped cream so perfect? (I am guessing it’s coconut based)

1. Coley says:

I’ve never heard of that… Thank you!!!!

47. Mozzie says:

talking about pumpkins – last fall i baked your pumpkin chocolate brownie, once, then for a second time, then more and more times, because every time i baked it, it immediately disappeared. and now my friends are giving mi suggestions – you know.. ekhem.. pumpkin season…. this chocolate cake you brought.. remember? 😀

48. Carroll says:

:) I love boots and sweaters!!! :) My mom loves pumpkin! I might have to make it for her…… :)

49. laura says:

Haha, I don’ like coffee, so I may put cocoa powder in this too!

50. Simone says:

I made a banana frappuccino the other day but i’m definitely going to have to try this bad boy out soon! thanks

51. Danielle says:

Yes!!!!! Thank you so much! I’ve been addicted to these lately but I won’t let myself indulge often because of the price and calories. I actually pinned a different recipe for this yesterday and was planning to try it.. But of course I’ll be making your version now because I’ve loved everything I’ve made off of your blog :) So excited! There are so many things I love about fall. Just the atmosphere in general.. The decorations, changing leaves, cooler weather, and pumpkin flavored everything!

52. Anonymous says:

The best thing(s) about Fall are warm cozy sweaters and cute cozy jackets (can you tell I like being cozy???), and also squash. Oh my word, I love squash: acorn, butternut, PUMPKIN, sweet dumplings, spaghetti . . . I could probably marry a squash and be perfectly happy . . . well, at least until he mysteriously vanished. :S

I’ll have to make your pumpkin frap! 😉

53. tiffany says:

i love fall because of all the clothes you can wear…you can still get away with skirts if you wear tights, you get to wear all your sweaters, plus scarves (i have so many scarves for fall/winter)

54. Richa says:

ahhh deliciousness!!

55. Cathy says:

oh my goodness! thank you for this recipe! and the best part of fall is thanksgiving!

56. Kate says:

YUM! Was so bummed when I found out the Starbucks ones weren’t vegan. Going to the store to buy stuff to make this right now =]

57. angela, says:

The best things about Fall are: changing leaves (I live in CT so they are absolutely beautiful), pumpkin EVERYTHING!, and sugar crisp apples – Yum!

58. Total noms. There’s nothing better than my Saturday morning trips to starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte and whole wheat bagel… Now here’s a money saver for a poor college girl :)

59. Gizem says:

I loved it!!!!! I used fresh raw pumpkin in my vitamix because we don’t have canned pumpkin here. And dates and honey to sweet because i don’t like the taste of stevia. I already loved it when it was not frozen yet!
    This is my new favorite recipe!!!! I’ll make more now to freeze!
    Is it also possible to use water instead of milk?
    Thank you so much katie!

Oh and the best part of fall is returning back home from school, watching tv on the couch with a vegan chai latte and a blanket. And pumpkins ofcourse!

1. Sorry, I’ve not tried it. I’d think it would be less creamy.

60. Bek @ Crave says:

If Fall your Autumn season? I’m confused!

61. Stefanie says:

The best thing about fall is the abundance of squash.

62. Donna says:

Wow…a better “Hello Fall!” taste experience would be difficult to come by!!..Do you have a recipe for the creamy-dreamy topping on your pumpkin marvel?…Thanks for your continued creativity and generosity in sharing with us all…

63. Hannah says:

I am so excited about this recipe! I am a coffee, and all things involving coffee, junkie. I love going and getting Pumpkin Spice Latte’s and before now have had to make twenty minute trips to do so. I can’t wait to enjoy one at my own home for once. Thanks for the amazing recipe!

64. Lizzy Frizzy says:

This was part of my breakfast this morning, and it was scrumptious! I gave my boyfriend a sip and he said “Wow that’s good, maybe you should get a job at Starbucks!” Then I told him the recipe was from a website and he said “Oh too bad, I was hoping you’d get a job at Starbucks so we could get free drinks.” Anyway thanks for the terrific recipe, Katie!

65. Valentina says:

Best thing of fall…. everything. I love fall. So, pumpkin, yeah. And colours. And smells. And chestnuts. And hot tea. And cinnamon, apples and blankets.

I’ll do this frappuccino as soon as my pumpkin will be ready to be open 😀

66. I really need to find the patience to freeze stuff because this looks SO delish!

67. Very nice! I have my own moni pumpkin frappe that I’m working on As well and I can’t wait to try yours too. :-) I’ll let you know how it turns out if I can make it soon.
    Looks great!

68. Kristy Creamer says:

I can not have milk, and you are my Vegan guru, SOOooooooo I was hoping you could figure out how to make this vegan……it being fall and all

1. I can put it on my list of things to try! :)

69. Erika says:

Wow I don’t even drink coffee but this is making me want to start! At least when it’s mostly covered by slushy pumpkin-ness. Yum!

70. Annah says:

Looks so good!!!!! Nice! I’ll try it! :)

71. Skylar says:

what can i make with the two new ingredients i bought: apple butter and pumpkin butter? anyone know?

72. Yum, that looks so delicious, Katie!
    My favourite thing about fall is that it’s not winter yet! lol Still time to do enjoy nature before the snow hits. And apple season.

73. I don’t really like the SBux Pumpkin Latte’s but for some reason decided to give this a try and liked it. Thanks! I added a tad of heavy cream and xylitol after the blending.

74. Beautiful light and autumn colours, gold days, fresh apples in my garden, winter squash and roast vegetables – much as I love summer, there are good things about autumn :-)

75. ashley says:

Ugh your killing me CCK! I love coffee flavor but don’t consume it (religion). Anyways, I really like your blog and saved a bunch of recipes on my computer. I have yet to try one but I’m kind of weary because they seem too easy to taste good. My taste buds aren’t quite accustomed to healthier foods so I’m unsure if all the comments on your blog are – no offense- ‘health nuts’. You know, people who are wanting to eat sweets while losing weight or people trying to keep weight off.. simply vegan/vegetarian so they are used to the dairy free stuff. I might take a stab at that pumpkin pie recipe because i love pumpkin but I was wondering what do you recommend to the average ‘ashley’ out their? I want to keep coming back to your blog because your personality seems sweet and your photos are pretty but I want to make sure it’s also because I like the food :o)

Sorry for the oh so long comment, it’s late and I ‘talk’ a lot when I’m tired.

1. The deep dish cookie pie, or the chocolate bar pie. Both have had rave reviews from hundreds of “non health freaks.” Just be sure to use mori-nu if you try the chocolate pie. Or you could try the pumpkin pizookie, which is basically a pumpkin version of the deep dish cookie pie :).

1. ashley says:

I think I will try that pumpkin pizookie! Wish me luck :) Thanks for the reply!

76. This is dreamy!

Besides my birthday, one of my favorite things about fall is PUMPKIN! My friends tease me about being so obsessed lol :-)

So, of course, I’m going on a pumpkin hunt right now…

77. Katie says:

I’m going to have to try this one this weekend. I love that you freeze everything first, it seems so much less messy than when I try to make them.

78. Jeri says:

I’d love to make this, but I just used up a whole can of pumpkin in the pizookie. My 7 year old was helping me cook and we added the whole can instead of 1/4 cup. Corrected by cutting one can of beans. Turned out great, like pumpkin pie with chocolate! Have to buy more pumpkin…darn!

79. Did you remove the cream before you ate (drank?) the frappuccino or why is the last picture with the cream removed? =D just wondering 😉

1. Nope. Third photo was pre-cream. It was actually shot before the others.

80. Karla lynch says:

I have been following you Katie and I have a board dedicated to you! I repinned many of your recipes, the latest was the making any frosting without any butter or sugar (my husband gave up dairy and gluten when he was diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma). Your recipes help me with new dessert ideas for him. This food processor would really help in a more successful outcome of some of your recipes…thank you Katie!

81. Elaine says:

I bet you could make this with powdered milk and use ice to substitute the make it first thing in the morning..:)) If you just can noooooooooooooooooot wait to freeze it…:))

82. Connie says:

I pinned the chocolate protein milkshake.
    You make me smile when I read your comments when you post your recipes, you have a great sense of humor….we could be pals in Ohio I am sure. You are doing a great job!

83. I just repineed your amazing coffee fudge frosting!

84. Stacy B says:

I pinned the copycat Pumpkin Fappucinno and can’t wait to try it!!
    I also REALLY want to win the Cusinart Food Processor!!!!

85. Robyn says:

I’ve pinned lots of your desserts, but *today* I pinned your Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge and your peanut butter pie. YUM!!!

86. I repined just about everything! And I have made just about everything on your blog! Love it!!!

87. carmen says:

I pinned this on pinterest with my name being Spunkypuffs, my cat 😛 I can’t wait to try this and I’m looking forward to the food processor!!

88. Hannah says:

I pinned the pumpkin no bake oatmeal cookies!!!! And my pinterest username is joneshannah62

89. Sarah says:

I pinned pumpkin spice frappes on pintrist for the food processor giveaway! Yummy!

90. Monica says:

I have been following your Pinterest for a while now- I pin EVERYTHING!! Most recently the pumpkin mocha thingy. Mmmmm!

91. Kendra says:

I can’t wait to try this! I just got home from the store and happen to have bought several cans of pumpkin. I’m going to try it with coconut milk and add ing extra coconut. I’m also making a batch withy FAVORITE milk… Dark chocolate almond. I’ll let you know how it goes!!

92. Drew Dat! says:

LOVE your site!! I’ve pinned the healthy peanut butter pie; banana pancakes for one and and banana butter; peanut butter cookies; peanut butter eggs—do you see a peanut butter theme going on here??? THANKS!!

93. Peggy says:

Just pinned your pumpkin frap. Can’t wait to try it. Love, love your blog!!

94. I repinned the 15 banana recipes, because they all looked so yummy! All the recipes I have made of yours have come out DELICIOUS. The black bean brownies (I added some walnuts) came out great, but would’ve come out better if I had a food processor. The peanut butter cookies for one – YUM! They are prefect when you want hot out of the oven cookies and little mess. Thank you so much – you are inspiring.

95. Samantha says:

I absolutely LOVE your blog- literally, most of my pins are from you. Thank you so much for sharing all your ideas!!

Just pinned the peanut butter cup oatmeal this morning! I can’t believe you are giving away a food processor- great idea! I went out and bought a cheap one, just to make a few f your recipes!

Thanks again Katie :)

96. Jenna Giles says:

I try to come up with a new healthy recipe for this every fall. I can’t wait to try yours. I pinned to my desserts board and plan to try asap!!

97. roxanna petersen says:

Thanks for this post. As a million other people, I love PSL and all things pumpkin. I had to give this a try. That is why i repinned it on pinterest. thanks :)

98. Lynn says:

Oooh, this looks so yummy! I guess I have to admit that the best thing about fall is the homemade food. :-) I might have to make this some chilly evening in the near future.

99. Christeena says:

Would love if you could make a pumpkin chocolate chip pancake!! I love pumpkin and chocolate this time of year!

100. Kayla says:

This recipe tastes as good as it looks! I’ve made it every single morning since you posted it! Even my boyfriend (who normally doesn’t like healthier foods or coffee) loved it! Thank you!! 😀

101. I’ve heard people talk about pumpkin coffee drinks, but for some reason have never tried one! I adore pumpkin and coffee, so it’s perfect for me! Thanks for sharing.

Readers may enjoy using easy homemade pumpkin puree:

102. Genevieve says:

An excellent recipe! After making the copycat frap and finding the taste just a tiny bit off, I made it with half soy milk/half decaf french press coffee (omitted the instant coffee), and the taste was perfection—the french press coffee gave it a rich, deep flavor without any caffeine. Perhaps the instant coffee I use has a strange aftertaste? Regardless, I applied the same changes to this, and it tastes wonderful. I used maple syrup instead of sugar, too. Thanks!!

103. Shannon says:

This is simply amazing! SoCal is having a heat wave, and of course this is the time of year when all I want are pumpkin spice lattes (but not from Starbucks! Whole Foods makes them vegan). This hit the spot while keeping me cool. Thank you so much for sharing!

104. carmen says:

i was wondering if anyone has tried this without the coffee? idk, i don’t use the stuff but i have cocoa powder. Not sure if it will turn out tho. anyone tried?

105. Denise says:

Somebody may have mentioned this idea, but keep frozen pumpkin in my freezer for smoothies this time of year, so I don’t have to add ice :) I empty a few cans into ice trays, freeze them and then keep them in a freezer bag.

106. Elizabeth says:

Hi, I know there have been a lot of questions about how you got the whipped cream so perfect… I still am trying to figure out how you got it to LOOK like that… in that shape of a swirl… what gadget did you use if any? Do tell… I just love the way it looks!!!! I could wait to freeze it today so I made a hot latte version – very yummy! Going to do the frozen after!

107. Hi Katie, my name is Maria. This is an amazing recipe. I love all your recipes so much that I added this one to my blog, but giving the link to here, as the original source, as I always do with everything I publish. Thank you very much for your time and kind consideration and for the excellent recipes you bring to us.

108. Kelley says:

Katie – I’ve never posted and wanted to say how much I love your website. My son is gluten free, and I love that your recipes can be adapted for that and are so easy. I’ve been making this recipe hot by just whisking all the ingredients together and microwaving it, then putting a little whipped cream on top. Thank you, Katie!

109. Vanessa says:

Now I just need to buy those mugs in the picture to make it more official!! Great recipe! My husband loves pumpkin anything beyond words!! Can’t wait to try it!!

110. MichelleW says:

Hey Katie! Just made a batch of this last night and poured into ice cube trays. The yummy mixture is chillin out in my freezer waiting for me to come home and test it out! CANT WAIT! Thanks for another amazing, healthy, treat! YOU ROCK!

111. MichelleW says:

Ok so I made one half of the batch when i got home work work yesterday and I loved it!!!! I did have to add an extra splash of vanilla, 3 more packets of stevia, and an ounce or two of brewed coffee. But it sure was delish!

112. Nicole says:

I just made this but I brewed the almond milk base with vanilla rooibos tea before freezinf tand this tastes faaabulous!!!

113. Lily says:

Hiya Katie!
    I was wondering if there was a way to make this by using brewed coffee.

114. Amy says:

Does the nutritional info include the use of real sugar or just stevia?

115. Nikki says:

This is probably a stupid question but bare with me because I don’t drink coffee except in frappuccinos haha. But when you say 2 tsp instant coffee granules (decaf or regular) does that mean 2 tsp of ground coffee or does the coffee have to actually be made?

116. Nikki says:

Maybe this is a dumb question but bare with me because I don’t drink coffee except in Frappuccinos haha. When you say ‘2 tsp instant coffee granules (decaf or regular)’ is this ground coffee or coffee that is already made and cooled?

117. Katrina Foley says:

Oh. My. Gosh. You are a saint! I double this recipe because I anticipated making it for my whole family. It just so happened that my mum, her friend, and I were the only ones home. I had frozen it in one big container two days ago so it was rock solid! (Don’t worry though, I made your healthy Oreos yesterday, so don’t worry about us going dessertless for a day hehe) I had to cut up the block into chucks for it to fit into my blender, since I don’t have a vitamix. Can’t wait to get one for Christmas! Anyway, I blended it for what seemed like forever, and it came out with the consistency of soft-serve ice cream and it was delicious! Is there any way I can show you?

118. Jessica says:

Ooo I can’t wait to try this with more spice!

119. Mary says:

This might be a silly question but are you supposed to make the instant coffee before combining the ingredients? My drink turned out great, used the ice cube tray in the freezer trick, but it was a bit chewy, I am thinking it was the coffee grounds.

120. Lina says:

Hi Katie, I stumbled across your site, not knowing I already follow you on pinterest! LOL! I was looking for a healthy clean pumpkin pie recipe online and found your blog! I LOVE IT! I actually am working on a clean eating cook book and always look for inspiration. Can you offer me any pointers on starting a food blog? Do you have a culinary background? Your Desserts look MOUTH watering and I can’t wait to try some of your recipes with my son. He doesnt have any allergies, I am just a mom wanting to not deprive him of sweets and treats, he is 5 afterall, but I want to keep him as healthy as possible. Any tips you can offer will be greatly appreciated, I am just looking on where to start..Thank you and Thank you for such a GREAT BLOG! 😀

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Here are all of Katie’s posts labeled “blog tips”

121. Cassie says:

Do you think you could use already made coffee instead of instant?

122. Kelly says:

found your recipe on pinterest and it’s SO yummy! thanks so much for posting.

123. Mechna says:

Is it possible to make this without coffee?

124. Tracy says:

Can I use canned pumpkin puree instead of canned pumpkin?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

That’s actually what is meant by canned pumpkin. So yes!

125. Nancy J says:

Hi. I am wondering if you have any healthy smoothies that made from veggies and fruit combined. Am sooooo tired all the time and thought that if I could just get some good smoothie recipes, they may help. Appreciate any help that you can give.

126. Natalie Fry says:

Sorry if this has already been asked but what whipped cream do you use on your drinks?

127. Jaye Jones says:

Thanks for this delicious pumpkin recipe! Loved it!

128. Annette says:

Hi, made this drink last nite and we liked it. Used 2% milk. Added a little nutmeg. Oh and we wanted right away so I didn’t freeze. Was kinda watery but still good. Making freezing version today.