Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Healthy Makeover: Pumpkin Spice Frappuccinos

This is what happens when Summer meets Fall:

Copycat Pumpkin Frappuccinos!

Hellooooo Fall.

Yes, Fall is fast approaching, meaning it’s once again time for comfy boots and sweaters, crisp and juicy apples, tangerine leaves that get lost in the whistling breeze…

And pumpkin.

Lots and lots of pumpkin.

Pumpkin Frappuccinos

What better way to welcome Fall than with a homemade Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino?

You don’t even need to leave your pajamas!

pumpkin coffee

Pumpkin Pie Frappuccinos

(makes 2 large servings)

Inspired by my Healthy Starbucks Frappuccino Recipe.

• 2 cups milk of choice (480g)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp instant coffee granules (decaf or regular)
  • scant 1/16 tsp salt
  • stevia extract to taste, or 3 tbsp sugar (or other sweetener of choice)
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (120g)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)

Mix the ingredients together in 1 or 2 shallow plastic containers. Freeze. (You could also use an ice cube tray.) Once frozen, pop the blocks out of the containers. Thaw until just soft enough for your blender to be able to handle it, and blend until desired slushiness is reached. Add extra sweetener if needed, but do NOT add ice! It will dilute the flavor. Pour into two glasses and enjoy. Note: the flavor and texture will obviously vary depending on your choice of milk. I’m sure many types of milk will yield a good result, but I’ve only tried the recipe with Silk almond milk.

View Nutrition Facts

pumpkin drink
Fill in the blank: The best thing about Fall is _____________.

Pumpkin season? Apple season? Butternut squash? My favorite part of Fall is probably the cooler weather it brings. Goodbye 100-degree days!

Link of the Day:

homemade luna bars

……………….Homemade Luna Bars

1. Katie, you are my hero! I love Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte, but my wallet doesn’t appreciate me getting one every day. (And Dunkin Donuts’ pumpkin spice coffee is okay, but just doesn’t quite cut it.) I could easily freeze several batches and have one whenever I want. Thank you for this!

1. I agree! Making coffee at home is so much easier on the budget.

2. Same here … Starbucks is so expensive! And you can make a homemade version of any drink they serve!

2. Yes PLEASE! These look fantastic! Best thing about fall is easily all of the pumpkin… I love pumpkin everything. You’re right on track! 😉

3. Rachel says:

These look great!! I think the best part of fall is pumpkin 😀 and of course apples!

4. Best thing about fall: the changing color of the leaves & the crisp air. I love the cooler (but not freezing temps) we get in Washington in the fall.

5. Mary says:

Oh my gosh, this sounds awesome. I love everything with pumpkin and the idea, to make a frappuccino with it in this way is really great. I just have to find canned pumpkin, here in germany, it is not that easy to find it without different spices.
    And the best thing about fall are definitly the colours and all the spices and possibilities to bake and cook with them. I love warm comfort food and fall & winter are the best seasons for that. Another great thing about fall are the long walks in the cold, stormy weather and the cup of hot chocolate or tea with the fresh baked cookies after them. 😉

6. Sarah the official CCK drooler @RomneyRyan2012 says:

For us, fall is HERE. I love fall for pumpkin lattes, thanksgiving, beautiful colors, and buying ridiculous amounts of boots and cardigans…ooooh yes.
    Just wondering- whats on the top? Reddi- whip? or is it one of your recipes- if so, LINK PLEASE!!! :)

1. The new extra-creamy Soyatoo :).
      (My favorite part about it is that, unlike the old soyatoo, it doesn’t get stuck in the can!)

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler @RomneyRyan2012 says:

Soyatoo? I haven’t seen that in my grocery store- where do you buy it? Maybe I should check Wegman’s or Whole Foods.

2. Missie says:

Sarah the official CCK drooler @RomneyRyan2012,
        I saw it at Whole Foods! Mmmm so good!
        Also, who is Romney Ryan?

3. tiffany says:

i think it means mitt romney and paul ryan…the guy running for president/vice president against obama and whats his face…

4. Sarah the official CCK drooler @RomneyRyan2012 says:

Yup tiffany is right :) and thanks so much Missie! I’ll definitely check out Whole Foods!

7. Great minds think a like! I make this drink all of the time! I use coconut milk, which makes it creamy good!! Yum!!

8. tammy says:

I love Pumpkin anything!!! Here is what I do so I can enjoy it immediately. Freeze the milk in ice trays. Then use 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of “ice” and you are all set!

9. Andie says:

I MUST try this–all of your photos are too yummalicious-looking to resist! Fall is probably my favorite season, so my two favorite parts of it are probably the beautiful, crisp weather and the leaves!

10. brianna says:

I wait all year for pumpkin season. I might have to give this a try. It would certainly be cheaper than buying coffee from Starbucks twice a week like I have been lately.

11. I’m so glad I saw this before heading to the store this afternoon so I can pick up some instant coffee :)

The best thing about Fall is – peacoats, cuddling & hot apple cider!

12. I love all things pumpkin during the fall!

13. Emma says:

Ahhh making this RIGHT NOW!

14. Chocula says:

I hope this doesn’t come off catty, but I think the word Frappuccino is copyrighted. I don’t want CCK to get sued, especially since the stuff here is so awesome. Just a heads up :)

1. Ellen says:

Ooooo grad school was so long ago. But I am pretty sure it’s ok to use the way she did, as long as she doesn’t try to actually make the drinks and sell them without Starbucks’ permission or not associate Starbucks in the post, as being the source of the original, at all.

15. Lauren says:

I’m with ya on the cooler weather! I think you’re in TX? I’m not too far in AZ, and we’re still seeing temps in the high 90s! Halloween is another great thing about fall!

16. Yum! and I have all the ingredients om hand 😀

17. Beth says:

Oh my gosh- I’m crazy about anything pumpkin, and have always lovedlovedloved pumpkin coffees, especially from Starbucks. However, I’ve been trying to cut back on sugar, and have generally been eating mostly fruits and veggies lately, and so have only been drinking black pumpkin coffee from Dunkin in an effort to be good. This looks incredible; I can’t wait to try it! Thanks, Katie, you’re the best!

18. Erika says:

Ohh! I bet this would be awesome with maple syrup as the sweetener!

What do I love about fall…just about everything! Although I don’t enjoy running out every evening to cover up my garden so it doesn’t freeze at night and then running out in the morning to uncover it so it doesn’t steam cook itself in the afternoon; I live in Colorado and it’s been in the 40’s at night and early morning and then in the 80’s by afternoon and that messes with me a little bit.

19. Amber says:

I’m not sure why I never comment here, but I swear I pin almost every one of your recipes. They’re delicious. Thank you!

20. Ohhh I am trying this!!

The best thing about fall is jeans and sweaters. :)

21. Katy says:

You are SO motivating and creative — I have been dying for a pumpkin spice latte, but couldn’t bear to consume 40 grams of sugar in one fell swoop. I will happily continue to pin and try your delicious recipes (PS Just recently tried out your cookie dough dip — and everyone who tried it could not believe that it isn’t actual cookie dough)

22. I did one of these last year after seeing the (shocking) nutrition info on the Starbucks variety. 38g of sugar! Is that really necessary?!

Anyway, mine is really similar, but I added spinach and protein powder for added nutrients And ginger ’cause I love it. :)

23. Ally Behne says:

The best part about fall is pumpkin, COOLER WEATHER, the holiday season getting closer, OH, and did I mention COOLER WEATHER?!

24. Andrea says:

ooooh… love it! worked at the ‘bucks two different times during highschool and college, and got tired of every one of their drinks pretty much except for everything pumpkin spice.

25. Definitely pumpkin – but I like it warm! :)

26. Amanda F says:

Pumpkin- especially pumpkin beer! There is a Milwaukee brewery that makes the best pumpkin beer.

27. yummy! I love everything pumpkin! the best thing about fall are hayrides! yay! hayrides for pumpkins hayrides for apple picking! (:

28. Even better than Starbucks! I love so many things about Fall, but as a fellow Texan, I’m with you on the cooler weather!

29. Liz says:

Mmm drinking one right now! I didn’t bother to freeze it, so its not really a frapp in texture. But boy oh boy is it delicious! You have the best recipes!

30. Renee Allen says:

Do you think this would also be tasty withOUT the coffee?

1. Haven’t tried it, but I don’t see why not.

31. Rachel says:

This looks great Katie! Do you have a page of all your pumpkin recipes? :)

32. Melissa says:

Oh wow! I don’t do coffee but I might have to make this for my husband! He’d love it!

My favorite thing about fall is as the weather cools off I can COOK again because my kitchen doesn’t get so hot as the afternoon sun hits it. Soups and stews and roasts and oh yum…I know, you’re a vegan, but, well, I’m not. 😉 But I don’t consume wheat or dairy so I LOVE your recipes!

33. Sara Nickel says:

Sweaters, pumpkins, pumpkin spice candles, sage, and butternut squash soup are all things I cherish this time of year:)

34. The best thing is PUMPKIN! And sweaters and lots of fun holidays! Beautiful pictures Katie!

35. AMANDAtory says:

Best things about fall:
    -scented candles
    -pumpkin and apple picking
    -going to farms for hay rides
    -HALLOWEEN
    -maple syrup
    -pretty colored leaves
    -perfect weather- not too hot, not too cold
    -you can dig out all your coziest boots, sweaters, and pjs
    -fall fashion
    -with less hours of sunlight, you can catch the sunrise in the morning
    and so on and so forth!!!!!!

36. amanda panda ;) says:

the best things about fall: (prepare yourselves! its a long list)
    pumpkins, butternut squash, pie, CARAMEL, scented candles, going to farms for hayrides, MAPLE SYRUP, fall fashion, the GORGEOUS foliage, apple picking, fairs, farmer markets, HALLOWEEN, cinnamon goodies, and so on and so forth!! as you can tell, fall’s my favorite month- not too hot, not too cold, and perfect in every way <3 i love every bit of it and am so looking forward to your recipes!

37. I’ll have to pass this onto my friends who are obsessed with Starbucks pumpkin spice frapps!

38. My favorite thing about fall is hot chocolate, a nice hot cup of hot chocolate. Beside hot chocolate I love that pumpkin is everywhere, infact I am even more happy that you made a pumpkin frappuccino. This is something I am going to be trying soon, can I pin this onto pinterest?

1. Alanna says:

There’s a red “Pin it” button just above where the comments begin. :)

2. Yes, always. I’m always honored if someone wants to pin something!

1. Thank you for allowing me to pin this.

39. Amber says:

The best thing about fall is all of the seasonal products! Why can’t there be seasonal products all year? They always seem to be the best! Pumpkin, peppermint, etc. I can’t get enough!

40. The best thing about fall are pumpkins – no question!

41. Emily K says:

Just had to run over here to tell you that I just finished it and it was delicious! :)

42. Alanna says:

So many things to love about fall… the change in weather (with lower electric bills!), beautiful fall foliage, daylight savings time (an extra hour to sleep, hooray!), and delicious fall-themed food with apples and pumpkin! Not to mention that it means winter and snowboarding season are that much closer… :)

43. Lacey says:

OMG this looks AMAZING! I can’t wait to try! The best thing about fall without a doubt is pumpkin!!

44. Joanna says:

Yum! I love just about anything with pumpkin in it! Got to try this sometime. =)

I love everything about fall. <3

45. I LOVE finding pumpkin spice hot drink recipes seeing as Starbucks puts condensed milk in theirs. I think it’d tooootally be worth it to get an espresso machine just to boycott Starbucks – $200 is nothing, am I right?! haha

1. Kate says:

haha. I know what you mean. Found out Starbucks used milk in theirs and haven’t gone since. I’ll just make my own.

46. Coley says:

Wow!! I can’t wait to try this.

How did you get your whipped cream so perfect? (I am guessing it’s coconut based)

1. Coley says:

I’ve never heard of that… Thank you!!!!

47. Mozzie says:

talking about pumpkins – last fall i baked your pumpkin chocolate brownie, once, then for a second time, then more and more times, because every time i baked it, it immediately disappeared. and now my friends are giving mi suggestions – you know.. ekhem.. pumpkin season…. this chocolate cake you brought.. remember? 😀

48. Carroll says:

:) I love boots and sweaters!!! :) My mom loves pumpkin! I might have to make it for her…… :)

49. laura says:

Haha, I don’ like coffee, so I may put cocoa powder in this too!

50. Simone says:

I made a banana frappuccino the other day but i’m definitely going to have to try this bad boy out soon! thanks