Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Hot Chocolate on a Stick

Hot Chocolate on a Stick - it magically turns your milk into creamy hot chocolate!

Nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day like:

Another recipe I’ve been holding onto for a long time. I mentioned it last Valentine’s Day, but then there wasn’t enough time to post it before the holiday. And somehow it didn’t seem right to post the recipe after that…

Happy Fourth of July!

Have some hot chocolate on a stick!

Hot Chocolate on a Stick - it will magically turn milk into creamy hot chocolate!

Watch as they magically transform your milk into creamy hot chocolate!

Hot Chocolate On a Stick

(serves 2-4)

• 2 tbsp dutch cocoa powder or hot cocoa mix (10g)
  • 1/4 cup coconut butter or Homemade Coconut Butter (60g)
  • 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp agave or pure maple syrup (25g)
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2/3 cup milk of choice—or canned coconut milk or nondairy creamer, or a combination—per serving
  • popsicle sticks, lollipop sticks, or skewers of some sort
  • optional: depending on your milk of choice, you may want to add some extra sweetener, right before drinking (stevia, sugar, maple syrup, etc.)

Gently warm coconut butter until stir-able (if it’s not already soft). Combine it with the agave or maple syrup, then add cocoa and salt, and stir until you achieve a smooth chocolate paste. Pour into 2 to 4 candy molds, or pour into the bottom of a shallow plastic dish. Freeze until solid. If not using the candy molds, you can cut into 2 to 4 pieces after freezing. If desired, dip half of each piece into coconut butter to achieve the white-and-black look in the photos. (Note: I improved the recipe after taking the photos, so the chocolates will look darker than what is shown.) When ready to use, simply drop one piece into 2/3 cup very hot milk of choice and stir until completely dissolved. Add extra sweetener as desired. These are best stored in the fridge or freezer, since coconut butter melts when warm.

View Nutrition Facts

hot chocolate sticks

Question of the Day:

Chocolate or diamonds – Which would YOU choose?

I’d probably go with the diamonds since they’re more expensive. Then I would sell the jewels and use the money to buy an endless supply of chocolate. Happy Valentine’s Day to me!

Link of the Day:

Peanut Butter Mug Cake

…………Single-Serving Peanut Butter Cake

Tags: , , , ,

1. These are cute and delicious looking! Have a feeling I’d attempt to eat these right off the stick…

1. That is better than me… Most of my first batch didn’t even make it to the lollipop sticks.

2. Stephi says:

Only if they’re ethical diamonds!! But yes, I’d get the diamonds, then sell them and buy lots of chocolate!! These hot chocolates on sticks look amazing…. Yum. 🙂

3. Joy @ Caspara says:

Haha!! Love your answer to your question!!
    This looks delicious! I will have to try it!

4. Hannah says:

How are you so awesome? This looks so good. Too good. Superb. AWESOME! I have a feeling that if I made them, they wouldn’t make it to lollipop sticks either. Some of your cookies almost don’t make it to the oven. And then I feel sick, and I blame you for giving me such evil temptation. 😉 Evil Katie.

Lets see, I’m not one for diamonds, I like chocolate better, but yeah, totally. Take the diamonds, sell them, and buy lots and lots and lots and lots (etc, etc, etc) of chocolate!

5. Alexis says:

This looks yummmmmmy!

6. Don’t make me choose between chocolate and diamonds! haha

7. If I had to choose, diamonds of course. Only because they would last longer than 5 seconds (unlike chocolate!).
    I love the “on a stick” idea for this. Snacks that are on a stick ALWAYS taste better. 🙂

8. Trajayjay says:

I was a little caught off guard when you said diamonds. Who are you and what have you done with CCK. But I see your logic. I was about to say chocolate too, but then yeah, I realized that diamonds can buy all the chocolate and peanuts and other expensive food i like.

9. Amanda says:

Good recipe. I saw one similar to this, but it was called hot chocolate cubes (as in hot chocolate in ice cube form). I might give this alternative a try.

10. Aubry says:

I’d wayyyyyy rather have Chocolate! Looks delicious!! 🙂

11. Those almost look like fudge! Who wouldn’t want chocolate on Valentina’s day? Looks delicious

12. narf7 says:

Now THIS is a great recipe :). It’s February and our mornings are starting to require a jumper till the sun comes out and we are getting a hint that this winter is going to be a cold one. This vegan hot chocolate is going to be a major hit when its raining outside and Brunhilda (our wood burning 4 oven stove) is simmering pots of beans and we are cooking all kinds of things. Love this recipe and can’t wait for winter in June! I might have to make these and have one tomorrow to take the chill off 5am 😉

13. Allie C. says:

I’m definitely going to make this in my little heart-shaped candy molds. So cute for Valentine’s Day! Will make a great gift if I don’t eat them all first. 😉

14. Such a fun idea! Extra cute around valentines day because I can cool them in heat shaped candy molds 🙂

15. Shay says:

They look so easy to make!:)
    I think I’d go with chocolate. For some reason, i can’t understand why diamonds are so valuble! I mean, it’s just a dumb rock! Chocolate would make me waaay happier than diamonds:)

16. lydia says:

katie can i give u a hug right here! your so sweet it looks amazing

17. Dayna says:

I saw a commercial the other night for chocolate diamonds. They’re just like diamonds, but a beautiful gold-ish chocolate-y color. So I’ll have the best of both worlds, and choose those (although I’d have to wear said diamonds whilst eating real chocolate)! 😉

18. Lisa says:

This looks great! I’m seriously OBSESSED with coconut butter. So anything with that is a winner! Have you tried melted coconut butter with pumpkin. Oh my gosh! SO delicious! Tastes like pumpkin fudge.

1. Lisa says:

I forgot to add you have to add a little sweetener and cocoa powder too obviously. Divine.

2. Sara says:

19. Sharon says:

When you say coconut butter, is that the same as coconut oil?

1. Steph says:

Thought I’d comment in case Katie is busy!

Coconut butter is finely blended coconut including the flesh but not the liquid. Coconut oil is the oil extracted from coconuts without the flesh. So coconut butter is thicker! Kind of like peanut butter vs. peanut oil.

20. Allison says:

Super cute! Great idea. I always loved that powdery cocoa taste from fudgsicles when I was a kid.