No-Bake Oreo Cookie Pie

A homemade Oreo Cookie Pie – with no dairy or eggs or butter!

Secretly Healthy Oreo Cookie Pie, with no baking required: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/05/03/no-bake-oreo-cookie-pie/

All you need to know is that it tastes like the filling of a giant Oreo cookie.

It’s one of the easiest things you’ll ever make!

Other than that, the pictures of this No-Bake Oreo Cookies ‘n Cream Pie speak for themselves, telling the story much better than words ever could. So I’ll let them do the talking.

Silence is golden.

Crust Recommendations:

You can try either my healthy pie crust or my chocolate pie crust recipe, and make a double batch to go up the sides of an 8.5-inch springform pan lined with parchment paper.

If you’d prefer, a store-bought crust will also work.

Oreo Cookies n Cream Pie

Vegan Oreo Pie  No Bake Oreo Pie - 5 ingredients, sugar-free / gluten-free / vegan / paleo - secretly healthy. http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/05/03/no-bake-oreo-cookie-pie/ @choccoveredkt

pin-it

No-Bake Oreo Cookie Pie

(soy-free!)

• 1 cup raw cashews or macadamia nuts (120g)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup water
  • sweetener of choice (such as: pinch stevia extract, or 1/2 cup dates, or 3 tbsp pure maple syrup or powdered sugar)
  • 4-6 oreo cookies or these: Healthy Oreos

* If you want a pie deeper than the one in the photos, you can easily double the recipe.

No-Bake Oreo Pie Recipe: In a bowl, cover the cashews with water and let sit at least 8 hours, but no longer than 12. Drain. Combine the drained cashews with the salt, vanilla, sweetener, and 3/4 cup water, and blend until smooth. (Blend a full minute if you have a Vita-Mix. This can technically be done in a non-high-powered blender if you blend a very long time, but I don’t know that it will ever be as smooth.) Add the chocolate cookies and blend again, just enough to crush the cookies. Pour into a prepared pie crust (recommendations are listed at the top of this post) and freeze to set. This healthy and vegan pie is best kept in the refrigerator. Or you can freeze it, but be sure to thaw fully before serving. Serves 6-8.

View Oreo Pie Nutrition Facts

oreo cream pie - no baking required

Do you ever have a hard time being quiet?

Are you a chatterbox, happy to talk endlessly if no one shuts you up? Sometimes it’s good to be a rambler; there are never any awkward silences! But editing papers (or blog posts) of a chatterbox is not so fun. You should see some of my beginning blog post drafts… I often delete sentences or even entire paragraphs of superfluous information.

Link Of The Day:

Chocolate Fudge Pie - Don’t let the healthy ingredients fool you! - This chocolate pie is so good it turns even people who claim to hate healthy food into believers... The recipe does not disappoint! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/06/the-ultimate-chocolate-fudge-pie/ @choccoveredkt

Chocolate Tofu Pie

Tags: , , , , ,

1. I love all things oreo-flavored – do the nutrition facts include crust or the healthy cookie recipe? Thanks!

1. cck says:

The cookies are definitely included in the nutrition facts. (I plugged it in with regular Oreo cookies.) But the crust will depend on which recipe you use, either homemade or store-bought.

2. I don’t have any trouble being quiet in real life, but when I write, I can relate to what you wrote. I definitely delete whole paragraphs that have nothing to do with anything, because it takes me a while to warm up and figure out my point 🙂

3. Shawna says:

No I’m pretty quiet…. In regards to your question…. Is there a trick to obtains the nuts needed without breaking the bank….

1. Maureen says:

I bought cashew pieces. They sell them at Trader Joes (I am not sure where you live) but they are cheaper because they are just broken up cashews. Worked well too!

4. Katie says:

This looks delicious and so easy to prepare, can’t wait to try it! Do you make your own chocolate drizzle to pour on top of the pie slices or is it store-bought?

1. cck says:

It is Barleans chocolate raspberry omega swirl.

5. Marti says:

omg this looks heavenly! must try this 🙂

1. abigail says:

Would subbing the nut cream for some soy yogurt work?

6. YUM! I’m a huge fan of anything Oreos/cookies ‘n cream! Love that it looks so simple too.

7. this is my kind of pie! My BF loooooves oreos (okay, I guess who doesnt?) so he’ll be excited about it too

8. Great recipe, yummy results! Can’t wait to try this out, looks easy with the no baking.

9. Danielle says:

This looks so yummy! I can’t have regular Nabisco Oreos because I get very ill from them, but I can have the Newman’s Os. I want try your recipe for healthy Oreos! Thanks, Katie.
    – Danielle

10. Isabelle says:

I MUST do this pie! My face looked liked the happiest face ever when I saw this one 😀

11. I love, love, love Oreos! Being able to devour a slice of Oreo pie and not feel guilty?! Sign me up, please 🙂

12. I’m really interested in seeing how this tastes! When I first saw the picture I assumed you’d use tofu to make it creamy so I was surprised by the cashews!

13. Andie says:

OMG. I need to make this!! will roasted cashew work/do the nuts have to be raw?

14. Rabz says:

Looks scrumptious!!

15. I may or may not have just stared at this in utter silence for like 5 minutes. Amazing! And it looks beauteous, too! 😀

16. this looks delicious.. i love oreo cookies… another healthy one is Newman’s Own.. I never buy the original oreo cookies. 🙂

1. Maggie says:

Newman’s Own: organic unbleached wheat flour, organic sugar, powdered sugar, organic palm fruit oil, canola oil (expeller pressed), organic cocoa, cocoa (processed with alkali, organic unsweetened chocolate, natural flavor, salt, sodium bicarbonate, soy lecithin)

Oreos: sugar, enriched flour, high oleic canola oil and/or palm oil and/or canola oil and/or soybean oil, cocoa (processed with alkali, high fructose corn syrup, leavening (baking soda and/or calcium phosphate), cornstarch, salt, soy lecithin, vanillin

Aside from Newman’s being labelled “organic” (not USDA certified) they contain essentially the same ingredients. The nutritional breakdown is almost identical. Not a huge deal. When someone comes out with Oreo-filling-in-a-tube, I’m sold.

1. Thanks… I had an issue with the High Fructose Corn Syrup in general. Both ingredient listings are bad, I know.

1. Maggie says:

Aww not “bad” just very similar. It’s okay to eat “bad” stuff if you’re doing it consciously. It’s just not fair to tag something as “good” just because it says it’s organic or you find it in a healthfood store. I wouldn’t feed my kid Reece Puffs cereal, but I wouldnt feed them EnviroKidz Leapin Lemurs either 🙂

1. kate says:

Hmm..I wouldn’t say they are “essentially the same”. Newman’s Own products are GMO-free (unless something has changed in the last few months) which makes them pretty different from Oreos IMO. Nabisco is a Monsanto company and does not support GMO labeling. That said, canola oil is not my favorite, but it’s still better than hydrogeonated oils and HFCS.

17. Karen says:

this looks really good! I am quiet around some people and loud around others and when I write I always write a lot. It’s weird I am a really big chatter box when I write but not so much in real life. Maybe it’s because there is nothing to be shy about when you write

18. Lisa says:

This is dreamy…I loved oreos as a kid, well not the oreos…just the filling. actually.
    Hm, I think it depends who I’m around I can be SO loud when I’m around people I know and am friends with but otherwise I’m a bit shy at first. I’ve actually had random people tell me how loud my voice is…yikes.

19. So easy, I love it! I think I would definitely make it with your healthy oreos, too. I know what you mean about blog posts, mine always start super long and then I go nuts on the delete button. Sometimes I have to do that with comments too! LOL

20. Christina says:

This looks AMAZING, Katie! I think I’m going to make it on Sunday as a gift for my parents for their anniversary. One question, I was thinking of taking the dates option for a sweetner…does that effect the texture of the finished product? And I am quite the chatterbox, especially when I’m nervous. Random nerdy facts tend to tumble out of my mouth to fill awkward silences, which generally just leaves people thinking I’m a tad strange.

1. As long as you process it thoroughly enough, it will still be completely smooth. Color will be darker, though.

I’d recommend Sunnmaid dates, as they’re the softest ones I’ve found.