Bananas for Bananas.
This recipe has all the flavor and nutrition of moist, delicious banana bread, just in a different form. It also makes a great snack.
Banana Bread In A Bowl
Banana Bread In A BowlPrint This Recipe [mrp_rating_result show_count="false" show_rich_snippets="false"]
- 1 banana (I use a frozen one, but you don't have to)
- 1-2 tablespoons walnuts, optional
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup flake cereal, such as Arrowhead Mills' spelt flakes (You can use a gluten-free cereal)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Put all the ingredients into a blender, and blend. Now eat! This gets thicker, the longer it sits.
For a fun twist, try using the *Melted Banana Trick*
Oh, and cinnamon or chocolate chips make nice additions. But then again, chocolate chips make a nice addition to anything!
- This banana version will have about 245 calories, 7 grams fiber, 7 grams protein, and 3 grams fat.
- The pumpkin version will have about 175 calories, 8 grams fiber, 7 grams protein, and 3 grams fat.
- The gingerbread version will have about 215 calories, 7 grams fiber, 7 grams protein, and 3 grams fat. If you use blackstrap molasses, you’ll also get a healthy dose of iron and calcium :).
It’s very filling, for not a lot of calories. So if you’re not watching your weight, I suggest planning to have something calorie-dense alongside. (Some of my favorite sides include peanut butter on a spoon, extra walnuts, or… anything chocolate!)