Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Flourless Chocolate Blender Muffins

Flourless Chocolate Muffins. Super healthy chocolate muffins, with NO flour, NO oil, and NO refined sugar!

Fudgy Chocolate Blender Muffins

pin-it

These chocolate blender muffins are so rich and fudgy, it’s hard to believe they could possibly be so healthy.

Make them for a healthy dessert or as part of a wholesome breakfast – and they freeze well, so the recipe is great for meal prep!

Still Craving Chocolate? Make This Vegan Chocolate Cake

Flourless Chocolate Blender Muffins

pin-it

The chocolate muffins were adapted from the original Flourless Blender Muffins.

As soon as I saw the popularity of the original version, of course I had to come up with a chocolate version too.

My first chocolate experiment yielded muffins that sank completely in the centers… but they were still delicious, and you’d better believe I still ate them!

After polishing off the first batch, I focused on a second experiment, which yielded perfect fudgy muffins with a rich brownie-like flavor.

Chocolate Fudge Brownie Muffins, if you will.

Also Try These Brownie Batter Bars – Better Than Regular Brownies

pin-it

MORE HEALTHY MUFFIN RECIPES:

Banana Muffins

Keto Blueberry Muffins

Applesauce Muffins (oil free)

Vegan Super Healthy Chocolate Muffins

pin-it

BLENDER MUFFIN BAKING TIPS

The muffins are sweeter and have a fudgier texture if you let them sit overnight before eating, and the liners will peel off easily the next day.

Make sure to drain and rinse the beans well; or cooked beans can be used instead of canned if you’d prefer.

The muffins can be completely flourless, and it’s easy to make them into different flavors by throwing in a handful of shredded coconut or exchanging the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips, by adding 1/2 tsp of instant coffee or a few drops of coconut extract, by using different nut butters, or by choosing to use applesauce, mashed banana, or sweet potato.

(Here’s the best way how to cook sweet potatoes.)

Above – Watch the video of making the muffins!

Secretly Healthy Flourless Chocolate Blender Muffins

pin-it

Adapted from Black Bean Brownies

Pin it now to save for laterPin Recipe

Flourless Chocolate Blender Muffins

4.96/5 (50)
Total Time 12 minutes
Yield 8 muffins

Ingredients

• 1 can black beans, or 1 1/2 cup cooked (for keto, try these Keto Muffins)
  • 1/3 cup mashed overripe banana, applesauce, or sweet potato
  • 1/3 cup quick or rolled oats, or 1/2 cup almond meal (or flour of choice, excluding coconut)
  • 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
  • 1/4 cup nut butter of choice or allergy-friendly sub
  • 3-5 tbsp mini chocolate chips, not optional – omit at own risk
  • 2 tbsp regular cocoa powder
  • 2 tbsp dutch cocoa powder, or additional regular
  • 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda

Instructions

• *If you’re a visual learner like I am, be sure to watch the recipe video above!
    Preheat oven to 350 F and line 8-9 muffin cups. Drain beans and rinse extremely well, then pat dry. This is important because it gets rid of any bean flavor. Blend all ingredients except chips until smooth in a blender or high-quality food processor. (If using a blender with no tamper, stop occasionally to stir ingredients with a spoon so they blend evenly.) Stir in mini chips. Portion into the muffin cups – don’t overfill or they will rise and then sink in the centers. Add chips to top if desired. Bake 12 minutes. They will look underdone, which is what you want. Transfer the muffins to a container and cover overnight in the fridge. They firm up perfectly!  As with the original non-chocolate version, these muffins are supposed to be super fudgy, not fluffy and floury like traditional muffins. Not everyone will love the texture, but if you like the original version, you will probably like these as well! Muffins last 3-4 days refrigerated or 2-3 weeks frozen.
    View Nutrition Facts

Have you made this recipe?

Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram

MORE HEALTHY CHOCOLATE RECIPES:

The Best Chocolate Keto Cake Recipe

Keto Cake

breakfast oatmeal cupcakes

Breakfast Oatmeal Cupcakes To Go

Chocolate Vegan Mug Cake

Chocolate Vegan Mug Cake

Healthy Banana Bread Recipe

Healthy Banana BreadOIL FREE Option

Vegan Banana Chia Pudding

Chia Pudding – 5 Recipes

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bread

The Ultimate Chocolate Peanut Butter Bread

(From the Hello Breakfast Cookbook)

4.96/5 (50)

Published on January 12, 2020

Meet Katie

featured on The
Today Show, CNN,
Fox, The
Huffington Post, and

Learn more about Katie

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

92 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Gina says

THANK YOU KATIE!!! Your recipie’s are the BEST!!!! I have made three of your treats now, and have shared them with my husband and a few friends that are now fans of your recipie’s too! Keep up the great recipie ideas, I’m hooked!! 🙂

5/5

5/5

2. dev says

Hey Katie, Thanks for sharing this with us. This is an awesome recipe. I am surely going to bake it tonight only. I have great inclination towards the muffins and this is the perfect match to my taste buds.

5/5

5/5

3. LaQuosha says

These muffins are awesome! Do you think I could add chocolate protein powder to up the protein? If so, how would I modify the recipe?

4. Rana says

Hi Katie! I’ve tried the original recipe and I loved it and I’m super excited to try this one now! However I have no black beans in sight 🙁 do you think they’d work if I use chickpeas instead? I did that for the original recipe and it worked great!

5. Elena says

I love these! I forgot to add the peanut butter but they were still delicious. I’ve tried to use black beans in baking before and the results weren’t very good, but in these, you can’t even tell the beans are there. Will definitely make again 🙂

6. Keesha Doss says

I tried to make them. First, the blender wouldn’t blend. Even when I kept stirring it in. Had to add apple juice to get it to mix. Kept in oven 20 minutes and still runny. Guessing cuz of the added liquid. Decided to take out, cool and put in freezer. Ate when nice and chilled. Thick pudding consistency. Tasted awesome. Lol. But I totally failed at the cupcake part. I made pudding cups. Lol! I usually screw up on Pinterest endeavors, too. Lol! Anyways – flavor was grand!”;-)

7. Lindsey says

YUM!! These are so decadent and fudgy – my kids LOVE THEM. My kids generally try to bypass breakfast during school days -don’t like cereal, but do like Costco muffins (not healthy at ALL). These are perfect! Wholesome, healthy, and like eating dessert for breakfast.

Note: mine stayed in the same lumpy shape after baking, didn’t smooth out. The batter was very thick when I scooped into cupcake liners. So they are not as pretty as Katie’s are pictured.

Also – the banana flavor was dominant before baking, which I don’t like. But after baking it is very subtle, barely noticeable.

8. Jen says

OMG these were amazing. They taste like a hostess cupcake or a flourless cake, and not at all healthy! Here were my changes: 22g of raw caco powder, 120g banana (it was one medium banana), and 3 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips. Phenomenal. Recommend refrigerating them for best taste.

9. Danielle Omole says

I’m trying to figure out how you got these to measure out to Four Points. When I input them into my Weight Watchers app they come out to be 8pts

• Jason Sanford says

I got 4 like Katie. What ingredients are you using for calculations, and are you including the fruit?

10. Liz says

I made this for my 19 month old for breakfast and he loved it! I used 1/4 cup syrup plus 5 dates and only put in about 1 Tablespoon mini chocolate chips. It made 24 mini muffins – baked at 10 mins. Thanks! 🙂

11. Olivia says

Hi Katie!
    I’ve made these in the past and they are absolutely delicious! I’m currently having to stay away from oats so am wondering if I could substitute in a little bit of baking flour or if I should just not replace the oats with anything?

12. Tori says

Hello! I have 2 small 100grams cans of beans (65 grams of beans and 35 grams fluid each)
    Is 130 grams of beans enough for this?

13. Christy says

This is a family favorite. My boys request it for birthdays and every other celebration in between. I use a silicone donut mold, and they turn out great. Also, I recently switched to using date syrup instead of maple, and it tastes just as wonderful. Thank you for sharing all your delicious recipes with the world! We are so grateful! -Christy

14. Elyse says

Made these with my kid today. Used sunbutter, vegan chocolate chips and maple syrup with certified gf oats. Baked them for 20min and we couldnt wait till they cooled. They are dangerously amazing!

15. Henry says

Made these as soon as I saw the recipe. I could not heed the warning in the recipe notes and wait; I ate one less than 5 seconds after I took them out of the oven. Totally worth burning the roof of my mouth on. I’ll definitely be making these again!

16. Linda says

These look amazing! Love everything about them, except for one. I find it very hard to follow recipe directions that use a single paragraph for the instructions. It’s much easier if the instructions are in a numbered list, or at least a separate paragraph for each step. Maybe it’s my ADD, but recipes (whether on a website or printed in a cookbook or magazine) that don’t combine all the directions in one paragraph are much easier to follow.

• Jason Sanford says

Hi Linda,
      Thanks for the feedback! Katie’s site is currently going through a redesign/redevelopment, and the main focus is on improving the user experience. The fonts, colors, and spacing will all get an upgrade based on reader feedback and the designer’s recommendations, so hopefully the site will be much easier to read (and faster to load!) when the new design is implemented, most likely in March.
      Jason (media relations)

17. nina says

I, too agree that directions in a whole paragraph can be confusing and lead to ruined recipes and therefore, wasted food.
    Also, I have commented before I believe, about the fact that the recipes print out strangely. The title of the recipe will be at the bottom of the first page and the rest on the next; or it will be divided in some other odd way. Please, please work on this.
    I don’t know computers that well, but I subscribe to several vegan blogs and the recipes all print out just fine. So I know there is a solution.
    Meanwhile, love the recipes, the videos, and all the comments. I will print out a recipe and then take notes of the comments where people have made substitutions or pitfalls. Having it all on the printed out recipe makes it so handy.
    I will try these muffins this week and take them to a church potluck.

18. Colleen G says

I want to try this recipe. However, it says Blender Muffins and in the video I see that a food processor is used. I only have a blender. Has anyone tried mixing the ingredients in a blender? I’m wondering if it will crush everything up enough.

19. Nora says

I’m obsessed with your blog, Katie! I’m so grateful to have recipes like yours that are so yummy and that are made of ingredients I can feel so good about! In the past year or so I’ve started eating much healthier and I really missed baking desserts. My heart is so happy that I can bake desserts and still be as healthy as I want, now that I’ve found your blog, which is an endless fount of inspiration!
    Now that I’ve gotten my gushing out- my question:
    Can these muffins be made with white beans or garbanzo beans? We really want to try them, but one of my family members has a very difficult time digesting black beans.