Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

My New Cookbook Is Finally Here!

**For the months of April-June, I’m donating all proceeds from sales to the CDP Response Fund and will match donations up to a thousand dollars.

To everyone currently risking their lives by voluntarily putting themselves in harm’s way to help others, thank you for being so absolutely incredible.

hello breakfast recipes

It’s finally available!

A Chocolate Covered Katie breakfast ebook, filled with over 50 healthy new breakfast recipes – both sweet & savory.

I’ve gotten so many messages and comments these past few months from readers asking when the new ebook would be coming out, and it was really hard not to say anything… I think I’m more excited about this breakfast ebook than I’ve ever been about anything else on the blog.

cart 1

Recipes You Get With The Book:

chocolate quinoa

Chocolate Breakfast Quinoa Cups To-Go

(This particular recipe was hugely popular with my recipe testers. I was honestly shocked at how many of them chose this as their favorite, and one tester even said “This recipe, alone, is reason to buy the book!”)
peanut butter oatmeal blog

pistachio larabars

Pistachio Power Bars

breakfast smoothie

Thick Chocolate Breakfast Shakes

breakfast scramble blog

Veggie Breakfast Scramble

(vegan + soy-free options)

The Hello Breakfast book includes both sweet and savory breakfast recipes, most with gluten-free and nut-free options. And because it’s an ebook, you’ll get instant access to all of the recipes  – no need to wait for the book to ship.

Also worth mentioning… ALL of the recipes in the ebook are vegan!

If you make any of the recipes from the book, feel free to share your creations, and I’ll be featuring all of your photos here on the blog.

image small

cart 1

A few more sample recipes from the ebook, in case you’re still not convinced yet… Winking smile

yogurt blog

pancakes blog

Berry Chocolate Chip Pancakes

small

$1 Million Dollar Chocolate Nutella Bread

Even More Recipes You’ll Get:

• 5-Minute “Cake Batter” Peanut Butter
  • Sweet Potato Hash Browns  (Katie favorite breakfast)
  • Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Bars
  • Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Casserole
  • Pumpkin Pie Muffins – Without Refined Sugar

And nine chapters devoted exclusively to healthy breakfast recipes, with vegan + gf options, Weight Watchers points, & full nutrition facts available for every recipe.

buy-button

(All of the proceeds from this ebook’s first six months of sales will go into baking supplies, web hosting costs, and various humane-certified charities. Thank you so much for your support all of these years! Even if you are a silent reader of this blog who’s never made a recipe, just the fact that you read means more to me than I can ever tell you.)

5/5 (29)

Published on October 11, 2016

Meet Katie

featured on The
Today Show, CNN,
Fox, The
Huffington Post, and

Learn more about Katie

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

609 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Sherry says

P.S. I don’t care that it’s an ebook – I’ll definitely get it, especially if it helps show your publishers that these kinds of recipes are just as awesome as dessert recipes and a physical book is something we would love.

Besides, haven’t they heard of yummy brunch and breakfast-related cookbooks like Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz of Post Punk Kitchen? What’s not to love about breakfast foods (savory or sweet)? It’s awesome any time of the day!

2. Sherry says

P.S. again. 😀 Since I’m a meddlesome web designer (*GRIN*)… now that you’ve got two books, you should have a Books page in your main navigation menu, to highlight both your physical book and your new ebook, with links to where they can be purchased. That way even as this blog entry gets older and moves down the page while new blog posts take center stage at the top, your books will always be easily findable via the main nav menu, in case people want to buy a copy (or buy another copy!), or check out your offerings if they’re totally new to the site. Just my unasked-for 2 cents! 😉 <3

• Julie Dove says

I think this is a great idea. It looks like Katie has the book on her sidebar now, so it sounds like she has been listening too!

• Julie Dove says

This one is only in ebook format, which means you can get it instantly and without paying shipping :). But sadly it will not be in Costco like the last one was.

3. Mia says

Congrats on getting your own way 🙂 Don’t do what publishers expect – do what people like about you, that’s why we’re here, right? I got a copy but really also would love to have a printable version.
    Thanks for your good work! Love that you’ll put a part of the earings into charities.

4. Mary Manteuffel says

Julie,
    Does Katie use soy in her recipes? They look delicious. Does she have a substitute for oats? Have an intolerance to them. Thanks so much, Mary

• Julie Dove says

All of the recipes in the book will have a soy-free option 🙂

Some do use oats – You can try substituting rolled quinoa flakes or kamut flakes or even spelt or rye flakes (check out Eden brand). Let us know if you experiment!

5. Mellie says

The recipes look yummy! I’m interested in a hard copy as well. I like to plan digitally but then prefer the hard copy when I’m actually cooking.

6. Thalia says

I just bought the e-book version of Hello Breakfast. Can you please email me a version that I can print out?
    Thank you!

7. Kassie O'Brien says

Hey, I love your recipes here! I have your first cookbook too, and I am on the same page as the many others who wish it was available in print. When you say that you can send a copy to us, what would that look like? Just printed out pages or would it be bound, or something else? Thanks!

8. Kate says

Did anyone else have the page freeze and time out as they were completing their purchase? I want to make sure I don’t accidentally buy the book twice before I try to go back. Thanks!

• Julie Dove says

I just checked and it doesn’t show anything for your email address, meaning it somehow didn’t go through. (If, for whatever reason, it shows up twice later, just email me!)

9. Sara S. says

Congratulations!! I love your blog and your first book and hope to try some recipes from this book in the future! I was wondering, are the chocolate Squarbar protein bars a copycat version of the official Squarebar? I love them and would love a diy version!
    Thank you!

10. Michelle says

I also made my purchase, but could I pretty please get it emailed to me as well. The recipes look amazing. I can’t wait to try them ALL!

11. kaytee says

Hi Katie, I for one think you made the right decision. I make your dessert recipes occasionally, but I eat your breakfasts everyday!

12. Alanna says

Katie, quick question — is there any time limit for how long the book will be available? I was thinking of saving this for a Christmas wish list idea for family members who will want to do something but are not well-off at present. But if the book will no longer be available by mid-December or so, I’ll just buy it for myself. 🙂

• Heather says

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed not only your website, but also your Chocolate-covered Katie cookbook. You have a unique talent to provide mouth-watering, & most importantly recognizably titled recipes that are made with easy to find ingredients. I’ve been anxiously awaiting for your second cookbook Hello breakfast in print format at Amazon.com. Although I would much rather have recipes that I’d like to keep in one book, I don’t want to miss out on any recipe in Hello Breakfast. I am not a morning person but looking at the titles of these recipes just might change that! Count me in-please also include me in the print version as well. Your recipes are fantastic! They are well worth what I will pay, even including a high-quality binder to exclusively keep them in. I don’t care what recipe you come up with, if it can be made healthy, I’m interested in looking at it. Please don’t get discouraged, Ms. Katie. If there are enough recipes that interest me I’ll buy it-in whatever format is available!

• Julie Dove says

Thank you so much for such kindness. Katie is really, really hopeful that her next book will be available in hard copy. This particular book unfortunately isn’t going to be available on amazon or in hard copy, but we are so hopeful for the next one!

13. Mary says

Also worth mentioning-The cholesterol found in egg yolks and butter is the GOOD kind of cholesterol, and in egg yolks, you also get LOADS of vitamins and minerals.
    Also vegans worry about getting enough calcium. Well guess what: No matter how many of those non-whole food calcium pills they stuff themselves with, they still won’t be getting hardly any of it! Why? Because all the vegan protein sources like beans and grains or nuts are coated with antinutrients. In the wild, animals can run away really fast or spray you to scare you away from eating them, and plants have their own defense mechanism. They don’t want their seeds to get eaten because then they can’t grow into new plants. So the seeds are coated with something called phytic acid so if you swallow them whole, they will leave your body whole too, so they can get planted in the ground. If you grind them up or slice them up into oats, they still have phytic acid in them, but now it’s not coating a whole seed, still it does it’s job of blocking digestion the way it does in a whole grain or seed: by grabbing onto calcium or iron molecules eaten in the same meal. When you eat a bean, nut, grain or seed, you’re losing any calcium or iron you eat in that meal.
    So eating meat or eggs with veggies for breakfast not only provides you with WAY more protein than any vegan meal could, it also gives you more fat than carbs. Also meat and eggs have more vitamins and minerals than any grains, and with no antinutrients in the meal, your body can actually ABSORB all of them. There are no vegan breakfasts that will keep you full longer than and are healthier than meat or eggs. And you know it.

14. Sandy says

I agree with what Mary said:
    “I’m glad you guys say these recipes look good and whatnot, and I agree that they do look yummy, but Healthy? Nope. They’re NOT healthy. Low fat? Anything with those words tacked on is NOT good for you. Not only do you NEED fat, you need MORE fat than carbs! So if you replace the fat in a recipe with a carb source like applesauce, you’re not only not making it healthy, your making it UNHEALTHY!
    So eating meat or eggs with veggies for breakfast not only provides you with WAY more protein than any vegan meal could, it also gives you more fat than carbs. Also meat and eggs have more vitamins and minerals than any grains, and with no antinutrients in the meal, your body can actually ABSORB all of them. There are no vegan breakfasts that will keep you full longer than and are healthier than meat or eggs.”
    No vegan argument can hold a CANDLE to that!

• Julie Dove says

You are welcome to your opinion, and we encourage freedom of speech. But please don’t spam the comment section by leaving two comments under different names from the same ip address. Let’s keep things honest and respectful of different opinions and different lifestyles.

15. Marisa says

Oh no! I accidentally bought two before realizing it was an ebook only, thinking I would be able to give one as a christmas gift! Any way I can be refunded for the second one??

16. Brenda Walker says

Hi Katie! I bought and LOVE your new breakfast cookbook. In fact, I’m making the Peanut Butter and Jelly Quinoa as I type this. 🙂 I have a quick question. I made the Homemade Chocolate Coconut Butter Spread yesterday but it doesn’t say how much “sweetener of choice” to use. I played around with it to try and get the right amount, but couldn’t quite get it right. Do you have an approximate measurement on that? Also, I noticed that you are only releasing this as an e-book and that you offered to send out a printed copy. If possible, I would love a printed copy as well. As much as I love e-books, I prefer printed cookbooks. 🙂 Thanks so much!! You are SUCH a blessing to me!! Have a super day!

17. Kassie O'Brien says

Is there a way that I can get contacted by email like other people have been getting emailed? I’d like to inquire about the copy that you could send to me — thanks.