Just one more pumpkin recipe for the year. These homemade pumpkin breakfast oatmeal bars are way too good to keep secret for a whole year!
With pumpkin and oatmeal and cookie dough, you know today’s pumpkin baked oatmeal recipe has to be completely amazing, right?
You can top the oatmeal bars with maple syrup, or chocolate chips, or coconut butter. Or you can just eat them plain.
This time, I topped mine with almond butter, which was absolutely fantastic!
The recipe pretty much makes itself.
All you do is stir the ingredients together, smooth the batter into a pan, and bake at 380 degrees. It’s a great portable breakfast, and leftovers freeze well.
Just take out one serving from the freezer on a rushed morning, pop it into the oven or microwave to heat it up, and you get an instant healthy and filling breakfast that is perfect for any cold autumn day.
To add excitement to your Thursday morning, here are a few more pictures of the pumpkiny breakfast deliciousness:
Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- scant 1/2 tsp salt
- scant 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice OR additional cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp uncut stevia OR 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin (320g)
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (scale back to 1/3 cup if using maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup almond butter, or 2 tbsp oil or milk of choice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more for the top if desired
- Grease an 8×8 square pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 380F. In a large mixing bowl, stir together all dry ingredients, then add all remaining ingredients. Smooth evenly into the prepared pan, sprinkle chips on top if desired, and press down with a spoon. Bake 24 minutes, then let sit in a closed oven 20 minutes with the heat turned off. Top with syrup, or coconut butter, or the healthy cream cheese frosting linked earlier in the post. Or you can eat it plain. I topped mine with almond butter, and they’re REALLY good this way! You could also use 1/4 cup almond butter in place of the oil, as mentioned in the ingredients, which adds delicious depth of flavor.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram