Ultra rich and dark chocolate cupcakes, with a surprise peanut butter filling – these chocolate peanut butter cupcakes are dangerously good!
Want to take basic chocolate cupcakes to the next level?
Here is an easy way to do it.
Just take any chocolate cupcake recipe, and add the 3 ingredient peanut butter filling below.
Suddenly, you have fancy bakery-style cupcakes, and no one needs to know how easy they are to prepare.
I’ve included my own favorite cupcake recipe here, or feel free to use whatever cupcake recipe you wish – even boxed cake mix works.
Trending now: Chickpea Cookie Dough Dip
Here are a few frosting ideas:
You can also dip the cupcakes in melted chocolate, or just spread more of the peanut butter filling on top and call it a day!
For a keto / flourless version:
If you want to make these cupcakes but don’t do flour, just use my Keto Cupcakes recipe for the cupcake base and sub powdered erythritol for the powdered sugar in the peanut butter filling below.
(If desired, you can also use a different nut butter with fewer carbs, such as macadamia, pecan, or almond butter, instead of the peanut butter.)
The only food in this world that I love more than peanut butter is chocolate.
And the only food in this world that I consume more of than chocolate is peanut butter.
So these chocolate peanut butter cupcakes are pretty much my dream come true.
Also try this Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
The recipe was adapted from these Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup yogurt or coconut cream
- 1/4 cup oil, or 1/3 cup melted peanut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp white or cider vinegar
- 1 cup spelt, white, or oat flour (keto option listed above)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp dutch cocoa, or sub additional regular cocoa
- 3/4 cup sugar, unrefined if desired
- 1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or allergy-friendly sub
- 1 cup powdered sugar, unrefined if desired
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- *I've listed a few frosting options above, or feel free to use your favorite frosting recipe.Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Let sit at least 10 minutes while you sift all remaining cupcake ingredients. Pour dry into wet and stir just until evenly mixed. Pour into a lined cupcake pan, only filling about 2/3 of the way up. Bake 20 minutes. Whisk filling ingredients with hand beaters or very vigorously by hand until fluffy. Either pipe frosting directly into each cupcake, or simply scoop out a piece from the center of a cupcake, add filling, then smush the cupcake piece back on top. Cover with frosting or melted chocolate to hide the seam. If you can wait, the cupcakes taste even better (richer and sweeter) the next day, and liners peel off easily after a day. View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram