This naturally low carb and keto chocolate mousse recipe is super thick and creamy, with just 3 ingredients, and no sugar required.
The quick and easy chocolate dessert can be made in under 10 minutes from start to finish, with just a few basic ingredients – NO gelatin, no chocolate pudding mix, no cream cheese or mascarpone, and no need to cook.
Also try this Keto Cheesecake
I sent the recipe to a friend who’s following a keto diet, and she texted me to say that her non-keto family loved the chocolate mousse so much that she barely even got a serving for herself.
If you’re vegan like I am, the dessert is naturally egg free and can easily be made dairy free by using coconut milk or coconut cream. Feel free to use regular sugar or your favorite sweetener of choice if you’re not on a low carb or sugar free diet.
For keto vanilla mousse, try this Keto Cookie Dough Dip
How to make keto mousse
Start by gathering all of your ingredients. Chill the coconut milk or heavy cream and the actual mixing bowl, then whip the liquid with hand beaters until it thickens and stiff peaks form.
Whip in the cocoa powder and sweetener of choice. For the richest flavor, I recommend including the dutch cocoa if you can find it. Once a mousse texture is achieved, serve and enjoy.
Cover any leftovers, and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Above, watch the sugar free chocolate mousse recipe video
Keto Chocolate Mousse
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream OR 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp dutch or additional regular cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice (I used this monk fruit blend)
- optional 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional 1/4 tsp instant coffee
- Chill the liquid and a large mixing bowl. If using coconut milk, only use the thick part at the top of the can (discard the water underneath). With either a stand mixer or hand beaters, whip until stiff peaks form. Add remaining ingredients and whip until it forms a smooth mousse texture.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
Keto Chocolate Recipes
(For a delicious double layer keto chocolate mousse cake, spread chocolate mousse in between each cake layer in the recipe above, and prepare to fall in love!)
Keto Muffins – 6 Ingredients