Peanut Butter Babies

These healthy treats taste like eating peanut butter cookie dough!

pbbabiesyum_thumb

(Above, chocolate peanut butter babies)

Peanut Butter Babies
(Makes 120 grams, which is a tiny bit more than the size of two Larabars)

• 1/4 cup roasted, salted peanuts (30g) (I use roasted-unsalted, and I add about 1/8 tsp plus 1/16th tsp salt.)
  • scant 2/3c dates (80g) (I use SunMaid, because they’re super-soft.)
  • 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • Optional: chocolate chips or cocoa powder

Blend the ingredients in your food processor (I used a Magic Bullet short cup).  Smush into bars, roll into balls, or use cookie cutters!  These peanut butter fudge baby bars taste divine warmed up a little in the microwave.  Oh who am I kidding?  They taste divine ANY way you choose to eat them.

Pb’s brothers and sisters:

1. Add dried banana for Elvis Babies
  2. Dip in chocolate for Buckeye Babies
  3. Other dried fruit for Pb&J Babies
  4. Add chocolate chips or cocoa for Chocolate PB Babies

Click to see all of my Homemade Larabar Recipes.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. jess says:

OMG those sound AMAZING!!!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

2. Abby says:

so easy!! NEED to make these.. they actually look just like larabars (only cheaper!!) 🙂

3. YES YES YES PB babies are the new fudge babies. I know you probably love all tus bebes equally, but I’m a PB over choc chica anyday 🙂

4. Jessica says:

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better than fudge babies…

5. Jenny says:

oh, pooks – if you ever need be to babysit you’re babies don’t hesitate to ask.. and if one happens to go missing, well, it wasn’t me 😉

6. Katie says:

Great idea! You could save tons on Larabars!

7. Maria says:

Oh my goodness, peanut butter cookie dough??? Yes please 😀 Love how yours is perfectly shaped!

8. kyko says:

How about add some instant coffee and make MOCHA BABIES?!

9. Great! They looks scrumptious 🙂

10. Oh hell Katie – you’re killing me with all this baby love. Must make almond butter babies. Yeah.

11. Laura E says:

Oh wow! I need to try these asap! Would you mind telling me what 90 grams of dates is in cups and what 30 grams of peanuts is also?

12. sisrocks1996 says:

How are you and your green beau doing today? Frankie and I are already talking about taking up residence in his castle 😉 Your oatmeal ideas actually make me think one day I could like oats!

13. Steph says:

there are no words besides YUM!

14. Emily says:

I’m liking the Buckeye (go Bucks!) baby idea. 🙂 I’m glad you put the link for date advice in your post. I wasn’t sure what kind to buy. I feel like these = good study snack, muahaha.

15. BroccoliHut says:

Considering how much I love cookie dough ice cream, this recipe sounds fab. Oh wait–I just got an amazing idea! How about Peanut Butter Babies mixed into some vegan IC?!

16. *Andrea* says:

ummmm you = genius!!!!!!!

17. Jenna @ RunEatRide says:

HOLY YUM! Just looking at that post makes me want to jump through my screen & steal that. Amazing mind for recipes you have my dear. 😉

18. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) says:

I love this action Katie…wow soooo delish looking! I don’t cook (un-cook) with salted nuts very often b/c I have no idea why?! LOL but the PB cookie dough… you had me right there 🙂

I posted once when I first first started my blog about making homemade larabars. My ratio was 1/2c dates to 1/3 c nuts. So your ratio of 3 to 1 dates to nuts would just make things so much more chewy and delish!

Thanks for your touching email, I love you girl 🙂
    Enjoy your night and thank you again…for everything 🙂
    xoxoox

19. Eliza says:

so delicious!! love all your ideas Katie! the options are endless with these little fudge babies! 🙂 and perfect for holloween, you should make scary shapes out of them 😉 haha

love you girly