Pumpkin Pie Babies

Children be warned.

The following is a possible result of not using protection when your boyfriend looks like this.

(How’s that for a sex-education lesson?)

ppb

My, what lovely children you have…

Pumpkin Pie Babies

• 1/4 cup cooked winter squash of choice (I used kabocha), or sweet potato
  • 1 tablespoon almonds or walnuts
  • 40 grams dates (If unsure what type to use, see the Fudge Baby FAQ Post)
  • optional cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice

Blend everything together and form into shapes of your choice (or put in the fridge for a while if the dough is too soft).

ppb2

Innit pretty?

(Note: I used the kabocha skin, hence the green flecks.)

ppb1

I made the backdrop too. Guess I have a thing for scarecrows!

1. Sünne says:

OMG, Katie, as if Fudge Babies hadn’t been genius enough you’ve beat yourself!
    I might give them a try today already!!! Yay for a new snack food for studying!

2. jcd says:

Finally! Ever since you mentioned these last week I’ve been on the edge of my seat. These look delicious! I’ll definitely add some spice to mine. Mmm… You are so creative.

3. Yum!!
    Love the backdrop too – you’re so clever

4. glidingcalm says:

THOSE LOOK SOO YUMMY KATIE!!!!! I may have to sneak over to your hour for the holidays!!! 🙂

5. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better!!!

6. Wow Katie! So creative! I’ve loving all these raw deserts! YUM!

7. Jessica says:

Can’t wait to make these! I wish I could pick one off the screen and try it! 🙂

8. Jenny says:

how appropriate 🙂 though I’m pretty sure If i told my extended family I was bringing my “pumpkin pie babies” to thanksgiving they’d probably have a heart attack

9. YUM! They look so delicious and festive. I love the idea of giving them a nice hairdo with some soyatoo, that would take them over the top.

10. shelby says:

YOU GENIUS!!!

11. Diann says:

You sure make a lot of babies 😉 These look especially good!

12. deisegirl says:

oooh I’ve just cooked up a lot of pumpkin (the only pumpkin I was able to get hold of before the shops here stopped selling them *le sigh*)….was looking around for ideas to use the stuff up. I also have lots of dates and nuts to use up as well so it seems kind of foolish to not make these 😉

13. eaternotarunner says:

Those look right up my alley, esp if you sub in sweet potatoes. YUM!

14. Carleen says:

I just found your blog, I’m so excited to start trying your recipes! Everything looks so yummy but do-able.

15. Melinda says:

great idea and so in the spirit of the impending T-day as well as fall.

16. So can you eat kobocha skin? Does it get really soft? I ask because last night, I was prepping some kobocha for a curry I’m making for dinner tonight. The skin was almost impossible to cut … so I threw it in the oven for 20 minutes and half-baked it. Then I cut off the skin and cubed the squash. After the 20 minutes, the skin was still hard-ish. Does it get softer when baked even longer?

17. Marina says:

Oh my oh my. Pumpkin in fudge babies. I’ve got to try that. Thanks for the idea!

18. More excellent baby making. I think the stork needs to pay my kitchen a visit soon. 🙂