Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Pancakes for One

znyc 921

24-Carrot Cake Pancakes

(Makes 1-2 servings)

All you have to do is mix the dry ingredients for 24-Carrot Cake Cupcakes. This can be done days in advance if you wish. Divide the mix into 4 equal servings. In one of those servings, add 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, level 2 tbsp applesauce , and 1/4 cup shredded carrot.  Then add 4-6 tbsp liquid to the mix and stir.

The best part?  You still have three more servings with which you can make cupcakes, pizza, bread, or… more pancakes!

Other topping ideas:

Of course, there’s coconut butter.

And then there’s also: Maple syrup, agave, Soyatoo & jam, raisins & apples, vanilla icing, pineapple juice, strawberries and tofutti cream cheese… I could go on and on.

Tags: ,

1. caronae says:

Your carrot cake with the fence is adorable Katie! I like to eat everything in loaf forms, so I think my favorite would probably be a carrot cake bread made in a loaf pan.

2. I just ordered some coconut butter and I am SO excited to get it!! My favorite carrot cake is just that – cake! 🙂

3. eaternotarunner says:

I want that carrot cake pizza! I love carrot cake cupcakes and clif bars 🙂

4. erintakescontrol says:

I have a carrot bar recipe that has been in the family for generations now. My Great-Grandmother used to make it when she didn’t have the ingredients to make carrot cake w/ raisins, walnuts, etc. during the Depression. I’ve tried to vegan-ize it, but it was disastrous, so I’ll have to keep playing with it! But I have succeeded in eliminating the dairy, so it gets 2 thumbs way up from me ‘n my kiddo!

5. Jessica says:

I’m a big carrot cake fan myself! Personally, I don’t think it gets enough love. You know what I think would be really good? Carrot cake banana butter! I’d use almond butter, banana, shredded carrot, a shake of cinnamon, and maybe some coconut too. Yum! 🙂

6. JCD says:

Mmmm… carrot cake pancakes are a great idea! I love carrot cake too – in it’s natural form without icing, in muffin form, and in salad form! (shredded carrot and raisin salad is a HUGE favourite in our house)

7. Miss Katie, I know EXACTLY what I’m sending you in your package!! 😀 😀 Ill give you a hint: you just might love it.

These pancakes look amazing!! Vegan thursday may have to involve carrot cake waffles. (I’m obsessed with waffles. Is that strange?)

8. those pancakes look pretty good. i need to work on perfecting my pancake flipping skillz; they never turn out in one whole piece!

9. Veggiesmack says:

I think I like carrot cak in all forms. Nom!

Your carrot cake pancakes look terrific! I would love to slather them in some Tofutti cream cheese!

10. Little Bookworm says:

I love carrot cake, and those pancakes look amazing!

11. Evan Thomas says:

Carrot cake is by far my favorite cake. It always has been. I asked for it for my 6th grade graduation! I love carrot cake cookies–they taste the same as the full thing but are nicely portable.

12. Carrot Cake pancakes? I think I love you 🙂
    I . Love. Coconut. Butter.
    I love all Artisana…but there is only one store that sells it and its kinda far away, so i dont go there often…plus Artisana is WAY too expensive for my poor body 🙁
    Love the pics.

13. Stefanie says:

You can’t go wrong with carrot cake. All of your ideas sound sooo good. I like plain carrot cake muffins but may be trying some of your ideas/recipes.

14. vegebon says:

So nice ideas of carrot cake variations ! I love the pancake and sandwich ones, so original and nicely falvored ! You are so creative :).

15. Gena says:

As always, your culinary creations and variations are mouth-watering!

16. welshsarah says:

I’m addicted to carrots, a salad just doesn’t feel right without them! I’ve never tried american-style pancakes; think I’m going to have give these ones a shot.

17. Chrysta says:

aaahhh so good. I have a weakness for carrot cake too and to make it in pancake form. LOVE it! how awesome. Would be amazing with the coconut butter or the cheesecake mousse like you suggested. I gotta get on this and start making me some pancakes!=)

I hope you are having a rockin day!

18. Totally digging the th idea of carrot pancakes! How clever are you! Have a beautiful day 🙂 Much aloha!

19. Monica says:

Those pancakes just brought little teardrops to my eyes. I wish that were an exaggeration, but I’m totally not kidding! I’m seriously craving some pancake lovin’ at this very moment! Since I will probably be making these tonight for dinner, I’ll most likely top them with chocolate chips…call me crazy, but that sounds delish.

Thanks for setting off my pancake cravings,

Monica 🙂