Banana. Chocolate. Coconut.

‘Nuff said.

From its moment of birth, Coconut Banana Butter screamed (loudly!) for a chocolate fix. Not a fan of whining, I gave the crying baby what it wanted:

Pure love on a spoon. Or in a jar. Or in my mouth. I like the sound of that last one.

Naughty Girl Butter

(or Chocolate-Fudge Frosting!)

• 4T melted coconut butter or homemade coconut butter
  • 2T (or more!) cocoa powder
  • scant 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 80g very-ripe banana (1/2 a large banana)
  • optional: Feel free to sweeten, if needed

Blend everything (or mash with a fork).

See original coconutty post for: Nutritional Information.

Adding chocolate was a no-brainer, but naming the baby proved trickier. For this, I turned to Twitter. And I discovered y’all are way more creative than I am.

By the way, I changed my twitter name to @ChocCoveredKt.

A peek into my brain: When asked for ideas on a topic, it’s natural to sometimes draw a blank. In the written world, they have a name for this phenomenon: writer’s block. But do you ever experience idea overload? If so, welcome to my world! Sometimes people email me and say, “I’d love to start a blog, but I’m afraid I’d quickly run out of things to post about!” I want to respond, “Please, take some of my thoughts! I have too many!”

For example, Coconut Banana Butter:

Now that I know coconut and banana go well together, it’s opened the door to a million and three new possibilities. Maybe a million and four.

• Coconut Butter blended with raspberries or strawberries
  • CBB blended with maple syrup or extract
  • Banana Butter made from Gingerbread Butter
  • Coconut Banana Butter balls (with crushed oats)
  • Raspberries blended with Cacao Bliss or Hot Chocolate Butter
  • Coconut Butter mixed with PB2 or peanut butter
  • Coconut Banana Butter blended with applesauce
  • Coconut Butter (or coconut banana butter) with pumpkin

And that’s just the list of coconut-banana-butter recipes. You don’t want to know about all the other ideas fighting for room in my mind. It’s as if Full House were back on the air. Your Mission: Please help a girl out! Try some of these and let me know what you think. There’s just not enough time in the day to try them all, myself. 😕
Now, if only I had this many ideas for my looming Philosophy essay…

raw macaroons

No space for philosophy thoughts!
My mind’s busy with visions of coconut-banana Raw Macaroons.

Sorry, professors!

Tags: , , , , ,

1. VeggieGirl says:

Wowza, they all sound great!

2. Albizia says:

I don’t have a name for this but I have an opinion – WOW! Banana, chocolate and coconut is one of the best combos ever! This spread on top of some rye bread…perfection!

3. This is kind of weird, but yesterday, I posted a “recipe” on my blog for toast spread with coconut butter and topped with banana slices and chocolate chips. I guess great minds think alike 😉

I want to try the coconut banana butter blended with oatmeal and some frozen mango! Or freeze it to make coconut banana melties – YUM! Or maybe make a coconut-banana variation of one of your raw pies!

1. Great minds DO think alike! Yesterday, I turned the chocolate coconut banana butter into a Raw Fudge Cake. I haven’t written the post for it yet, but I am REALLY REALLY excited about this recipe. The cake is soooo dense and fudge-y :).

1. abby says:

raw chocolate fudge cake?!? oh you MUST post this soon.
        must.
        must.
        must.
        can you see i’m really excited for the post? 🙂

1. Emily K. says:

Agreed. I must know more about this Raw Chocolate Fudge Cake. Don’t leave us chocolate lovers hanging!

2. Mary says:

Another vote in agreement. 🙂
          Katie, I just made the coconut chocolate banana butter last night. I do not care at all what you call it, it TASTES so incredible! Like eating something so decadent it’s unreal. Thank you so much for the yummy idea! I was a bit wary about the cinnamon at first, but I added it because you’ve never steered me wrong before. And you were right again. This stuff is awesome! I have to stop this comment so I can go eat some more!

4. Gen says:

WOW! All of those recipes sound soooo amazing!!!! I’ll get to work right away!

1. You’d better. I’m counting on you lol ;).

5. Holy yum, girl! Maybe choconananut butter? How’s THAT for a mouthful! 😉

1. A mouthful of chocolate… sounds good to me.

6. I saw the words Banana and Chocolate and went brain dead. Now all I can think about is getting home so I can try this!

7. Kathleen says:

Ohmygoodess, your ideas are AMAZING!!! You are so inspiring Katie!!! You are downright incredible! 🙂

8. there is one problem here… i dont have coconut butter or any form of coconut.. london ain’t so big on the tropical (fruits/nuts)? AHH what is a COCONUT??

1. Oi Carrie! Haha sorry to butt in, but you can buy coconut butter over here! I found it online, but it is SO expensive that I’ve resisted…so far! :But with all these amazing recipes I don’t think I’ll be able to hold off! 😛
      Link:

1. oh thanks! but YOWZA thats pricey!! i might try and get shredded coconut and make my own!

9. Whoa – this looks amazing! Maybe you could call it Choco-Coco-Nana Butter? Haha. 😉

10. Emily K. says:

I’m going to HAVE to help you out with some of these. Out of the goodness of my heart, you know.

1. Emily K. says:

The only problem is, I don’t know which ones to choose first! 😕

11. Disturbed says:

These all sound amazing, and I would totally help you out if I could, unfortunately I can’t. But, I can tell you they at least *sound* good 🙂

12. Girl, I totally feel ya on brain overload. In fact, this always seems to happen to me when I’m either a) trying to fall asleep or b) on a run. Neither of these times are too conducive to writing my thoughts down, so I actually tend to lose some of my best ideas… le sigh…

1. lol yes to the “falling asleep” part! And YES times 300 to the running part. Sometimes I think I should invent a tape-recorder garmin, because I bet a lot of people have the same problem!

13. I think my heart may have just stopped beating… 🙂

14. Cocoa powder makes anything a hundred times better 🙂

15. Leslie says:

To use a “Katie” phrase, your pictures are Beautiful-licious! I want to eat that spread right up. Sigh, I’ll have to make my own, huh?

16. Must. Go. Find. After. Lunch. Snack!!!!

17. Kerry says:

pure heaven 🙂

18. Hela says:

Haha, mostly, I am the same! My brain sometimes is too fast for other people to follow my thoughts 😀 though speaking extremely fast doesn´t really help here… 😉
    I will definitely try some of your ideas out! I haven´t tried suggested coconut butter for ages and now… I am ADDICTED!!! It is exactly as you said! I can´t get enough of it! I made a Pizzert this morning and, guess what, topped it with coconut butter 😀
    You are a star!!!!!!

1. Wha? And you didn’t invite me over? hehe 🙂

19. Heather says:

Yow-za! I need a bowl of this NOW! I’m thinking Choco-Nanner-Nut Butter? I definitely need to know more about this raw chocolate fudge cake!! Say wha?

I have idea overload too! My problem is I hardly ever scribble down an idea when it pops into my head and then I forget! 🙁

1. My problem is I scribble ideas down on paper… and then I have millions of little papers floating around the house! 😕