Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Banana Bread for One

A single-serving recipe for those times you don't want to share! Full recipe here:

I’d argue that brown and mushy bananas are actually even better than yellow (and much better than green!). Brownness signifies ripeness, so darker bananas yield sweeter fruit. Especially for those interested in eating less refined sugar, these fruits are perfect for smoothies, puddings, cakes, or even the raw fudge I’ve been eating non-stop. One can also peel and freeze brown bananas for a later date. And then there’s banana bread.

Do you remember my now-famous Banana Bread Blender Cereal?

The creamy cereal truly does taste like eating banana bread in a bowl. And just as delicious as banana bread in a bowl is banana bread in a mug. Or in a muffin tin. Or in a ramekin…

I will eat it in a box.
And I will eat it with a fox.
And I will eat it in a house.
And I will eat it with a mouse…

Many frosting ideas can be found here: 30+ Secretly Healthy Frosting Recipes

banana cupcake

Banana Bread for One

• 3 tbsp spelt, white, or Bob’s gf flour (30g)
  • heaping 1/16th tsp salt
  • 1 heaping tbsp very-ripe banana (20g)
  • 1 tbsp oil, pre-melted buttery spread, applesauce, or combination
  • scant 1 tbsp milk of choice or water, or more if needed to moisten the batter
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder, and tiny pinch baking soda for flavor
  • Sweetener (For normal tastebuds, 1 to 1 and 1/2 tbsp sugar. If you use liquid sweetener, cut back on other liquid. You can also use stevia. I omitted sugar, but most will probably want some.)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Mix the dry, mix the wet, then add the two together. Pour into an oiled (or sprayed) muffin pan. Smooth top of batter. Cook for 10-14 ish minutes. (Or you can microwave it.)

View Nutrition Information

Tags: , , , ,

1. I seriously love your recipes for one! they are soooo perfect on nights that my hubby is working and I want something sweet (yet dont want a whole dozen of something!)

2. Stefanie says:

I will be making this soon. I like bananas and have them almost everyday. They are a nice snack. Thank you for the recipe.

1. Jean says:

I knew a lady who had a problem of having too much potassium from
      having a banana daily.

3. Sarah says:

Wow! And here I thought your Carrot Cake for One was a genius idea. Now I like this one even better!
    By the way, I made the carrot cake for one a few days ago and it was TERRIFIC! 🙂 Thanks so much for the great recipes!

1. Yay! I’m so glad you liked the carrot cake, Sarah :).

1. Mindee says:

Carrot cake for one?!?!?! From Katie?? This must be a dream- I neeeed!!

4. Rachel says:

I LOVE brown bananas-for oatmeal and banana bread so i need to try cupcakes!! my husband doesnt realise i buy brwon ish bananas on purpose so he wont eat them and i can make cake!!! but shhhhh dont tell him ….

5. Jennifer JCD says:

Mmm… banana bread is my favourite way to eat bananas! The runner up would be frozen bananas blended with peanut btter OR frozen berries to make a really yummy ice cream dessert.

Sometimes I wish my bananas would ripen faster so I can bake with them sooner. 😉

6. I love bananas!

In oatmeal, banana bread, on their own, with PB on top, in smoothies, banana soft serve, etc.

And yes, there is nothing worse than a GREEN banana. I have a friend who only eats green bananas — ew!

1. Ewww really? lol that’s so gross! They taste like… hard and crunchy. Bananas should not be crunchy!

1. anon says:

I have to admit…I eat only green bananas, or ones that have just turned yellow. I definitely don’t think they’re crunchy though. But to me riper bananas are just way, way too sweet!

7. Albizia says:

I don’t love bananas. I adore them. I’d probably eat any dessert if there are bananas in it. Cakes, breads, oatmeal, puddings… And let’s not forget banana chips. Yum!

8. Awesome idea!!! I love banana bread but rarely make it because I can’t finish a loaf before it gets dry.

Know what else would be good in this? Chocolate chips!!! 🙂

1. Wow, where’s my head? Of COURSE chocolate chips would be awesome in this! Great idea, girl :). Ooh, walnuts too. Or cinnamon. Or all three!

1. cinnamon chips! or peanut butter chips! chocolate peanut butter banana bread! *tummy growling*

9. Freya says:

That recipe is made for me 🙂
    I like bananas in smoothies, oorrr mashed/melted onto something. SO good. But the riper the better, fo’ sho!

10. Angie says:

I love peanut butter banana toasted sandwiches! good post girlie

11. Brown bananas just symbolize the promise of deliciousness. 🙂

12. I love it when bananas sit on my counter and get all brown! Makes for the best treats! Banana bread is my favorite way to eat them, but I do love a banana soft serve too! Your muffin looks delicious!

13. Leslie says:

This looks too good! Genius!!!!! Will be making banana bread today, a la Katie!

14. Mari says:

Ooooh, totally impeccable timing on your behalf here, I have been looking for exactly this for over a week, thanks a lot!

I love bananas, unfortunately my stomach does not like them too much, this will sometimes (often) be ignored. 😉

1. abby says:

me too! i thought i was the only one! maybe it’s because i sometimes eat multiple bananas in a day. i have to watch myself or tummy’s not too happy!

15. abby says:

you. are. the. best! ever.

16. I loooove bananas, eat one everyday! especially in oatmeal:)

17. Healthy Girl says:

I actually am not the biggest fan of bananas. Don’t judge!
    But I am planning on making your raw fudge anyway, because you said you can’t taste the banana, right? It looks really good, but I reeeeaally just don’t like banana. I’m weird, I guess.

18. All your “for-one” recipes are so fab!! I love that your lookin’ out for the single ladies (and in my case, the un-single ladies with stupid omni boyfriends who don’t eat sweets). 🙂

19. Jos says:

I just eat banana the way it is…recently I dipped them in 100% melted chocolate…sooo good! Bitter and sweet together.. 😀

20. ahh this is TOO CUTE I LOVE IT! and actually PERFECT for me because Im eating a bananner RIGHT NOW.. anything nanner-ey is RIGHT UP my alley!.. i might just add choc chips to this because well.. nanners and choco chips equals BLISS