Cinnamon Raisin Pizzert

Hi chocolate pizza pies!

I always marvel how my posts involving peanut butter are much more popular than the others. They even seem to be more popular than my posts involving chocolate. You people need to sort out your priorities! Chocolate should always come first.

Still, I’m glad you liked the Peanut Butter Frosting post. Today’s post involves peanut butter too. But more importantly, it involves the power couple: cinnamon and raisin. Some things are made for each other. Chocolate and raspberry, peanut butter and jelly, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston. Hmmm, scratch that last one.

The marriage of cinnamon and raisins is guaranteed to last forever. If you need proof, just take a look at the snack I ate yesterday afternoon:

cinnamon raisin pizza

The Breakfast Pizzert

The cinnamon-raisin breakfast pizzert. I added both to the wet mix, then added more cinnamon after it emerged from the oven.

gluten free pizza

Cinnamon Raisin Breakfast Pizzert

Serves 1-2

• 1/2 cup spelt or white flour (or click for a Gluten-Free Version.) (70g)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/16 tsp uncut stevia OR 2 tbsp sugar of choice
  • 1/3 cup plus 1.5 tbsp water, juice, or milk of choice
  • 2 tbsp (35g) applesauce or melted coconut oil (or veg oil, mashed banana, or even baby food!)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup raisins

Mix everything together and pour the batter into a greased pan. Grease very well so the pizzert doesn’t stick to the pan! Cook in an UNpreheated oven set to 420 F, for 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Frost with peanut butter or healthy peanut butter frosting if desired.

View Breakfast Pizza Nutrition Information

pizza dessert

Tags:

1. Jennifer JCD says:

We have been eating PB-cinnamon-raisin on pitas bread and tortillas for years. Super yummy snack. I’ve never tried baking them though, and I must try that now! Oh, yum!

Marriage? I’ve been happily married for five and a half years. Wow, has it really been that long? We got married at age 22, which people said was really young, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. Whilst I may be slightly biased, I think marriage is an incredible thing. However, I think too many people don’t take it seriously enough and marry before they are ready for it. It’s not to be taken lightly.

2. I love the cinnamon/raisin combo! And yes, PB is good on anything and everything.

I am married so I guess I like marriage! Really I love it. All through college I never thought I’d find anybody to share my life with but I’m glad I spent so many years “alone” because it helped me figure out who I was first — and then wouldn’t you know I met Jason and now we live happily ever after — or something like that. I was 23 and he was 27. I agree with Jennifer (above) that you need to take it seriously and you need to be willing to work on it as well.

3. I think it might be time for me to resurrect that amazing combo tomorrow morning!! 😀

THAT’S WHAT I WORRY ABOUT!! I am SUPER high-maintenance…what if there isn’t a guy out there who can cope with my special needs?! But seriously Katie you are GORGEOUS and SO DARN LOVELY that I have no doubt you’ll find a Chocolate Covered Dude to share the rest of your life with 🙂

1. Haha and if not, WE can always be roommies and grow into toothless 90-year-olds together, eating chocolate and bananas. And maybe not running, because we’d be too old. But then again, some 90-year-olds run marathons… that’s pretty cool!

1. Katie I sort of think that you will be the sole (or not sole… because Chocolate Covered Dude will probably be with you 😉 ) 99 year old running marathons haha.

1. LOL chocolate covered dude! Where is that guy hiding???

Maybe I’ll run a mile at 90… but I don’t even want to run a marathon NOW! Way too far for me ;).

1. Yay! The three creepy old ladies! Woo hoo!

1. who said anything about being creepy?? :p

4. Eric Jaffa says:

If you marry a vegan, then veganism will be something you share instead of an issue which makes you “high-maintenance.”

5. Gen says:

Yummy! That looks so awesome! =D PB makes everything better!

6. Miriam says:

I never assumed I would get married and didn’t make it a life goal, but life can surprise you! Now I am 5 months away from being married and I hope we turn into one of those old couples who I think are the cutest!

7. Diana says:

That looks delicious! I still have yet to try making pizzerts…

As for marriage, I just broke up with my fiancee the other night. Through my many years of many relationships, I have finally learned that our first love should always be self-love. I am almost 30 and completely fine with being single. If I never get married, then so be it. I know that I have all the love I need inside of me. It would be wonderful to meet the man who is completely deserving of me, but I am not waiting for him to show up. The best thing I can do is to be honest with myself and my feelings – and stay very focused on my goals and dreams. No one else can complete you! But to find someone who complements you in every way is what we all hope to have one day. By loving ourselves, we will attract the right people. 🙂

1. Wow, kudos to you, Diana, for your bravery! I think it’s awesome that you’re so in tune with your true desires and secure. You don’t want to go into something without being 100% sure. I really admire your bravery, girl! 🙂

1. I agree completely – I’ve been single for a while and it would be nice to find the “right” bloke but if I don’t, I don’t.
        I’m happy being me and being single and life’s too short to spend it just with someone who isn’t right. I’ve seen so many people miserable in relationships but not willing to be alone… I love what you say, Diane, about not needing anyone to complete you; that’s why I’d never use the phrase “my other half” to describe a boyfriend/husband, because I’m whole!
        Anyway, who could guarantee I’d find someone who agreed with all my “strange” eating habits – maybe your next project should be to set up a chocolate-covered dating site, Katie 🙂

1. Ooh, and I don’t think I’ve EVER had cinnamon/raisin anything – eek! Is that wrong?? 🙂

2. LOL! That’d be too fun! But maybe we should just forget the guys and marry the chocolate ;).

8. Bryana says:

Wow Katie, that looks soooo delicious. This whole post reminded me of pb&co’s cinnamon raisin swirl. I bet spreading that on top would be divine! 🙂

1. I LOVE pbco cinn-raisin swirl! My only gripe with the stuff is that when you get 1/2-way through, it’s all raisins, and not enough pb anymore!

1. Bryana says:

yeah, I have the same problem. And I find stirring it up before-hand to be too much of a pain. I guess I’m just lazy like that! 🙂

9. A. That looks fantastic
    B. Funny you should bring marriage views up. I was just telling my mom that many of my friends don’t have any interest in getting married. They still want a long-term relationship, kids, house, etc… just don’t see the point in marriage. The evolution of views is interesting… I’m guessing a lot of it stems from my generation having seen so many of our parents divorce? I feel lucky to have no gone through that, but I know many friends who struggled watching the deterioration of their parent’s marriages.

10. Änne says:

hmm…I don´t like raisins, but for me apples and cinnamon is the perfect combination, so I know what´s for dessert tomorrow^^

I think marriage is great and THE proof to show everybody the love a couple has for each other. But it is also hard work to stay a strong and harmonic… I´d never marry because it is expected of me to do so (e.g. because I have children). I could also imagine to just give a feast and give an unofficial marriage vow in front of all guests….To me it is the marriage itself, that one is willing to share the rest of his life with his/her beloved, not the official piece of paper…but first I´ll have to find Mr. Right 😉

1. I agree with you! I always tell my parents they won’t have to worry about paying for an over-the-top wedding for me, because I think that’s ridiculous. Marriage should be about the years after, not an excuse for an extravagant party.

1. Jennifer JCD says:

Thank you so much for saying this. I was actually scolded by my inlaws for *not* planning a huge party type wedding. A little garden wedding with tea snacks afterwards was what we wanted, and that’s how it was.

1. I can’t even imagine what my future inlaws will think of my plans (which will not be compromised) to have an entirely-vegan wedding!

11. Kathleen says:

I love Cinnamon and Raisins together! Both of them are featured in my Almond Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies. 🙂 Yes, they were MADE for each other! 😀

Hehe, Peanut Butter makes everything better. No, wait. I mean Chocolate. Chocolate makes everything better! 🙂

I can’t wait to try this Cinnamon Raisin Pizza!!!! 😀

12. AHHH i just fell in love with pizzerts yet again….
    and you know what would rock… peanut butter FROSTING on a pizzert.. as well as regular pb because you cant have a pizzert without it, fact.

I LOVE marriage.. well I mean YES i would like to get married, but I am so with you on how in the WORLD am I gna find someone who can put up with me… but i do have hope that there is someone for everyone- i just hope to find that person sooner rather than later 😛

1. You’re always welcome to live with Emma and me until you find that someone. (See my comment to Emma, a few above ;).)

13. OMG and old couples are ADORABLE.. I’m like that creeper girl who takes phone pics of old couples walking in the park..
    thats totally normal though……..

14. Alyssa says:

YUM! I love your pizzert’s – Your PB posts are so popular bc pb + chocolate is the best combination EVER

15. Allyson says:

This looks absolutely amazing! I adore cinnamon and raisins-I have been eating Peanut Butter co’s cinnamon/raisin swirl peanut butter like crazy for the past week:) I love the commitment aspect of marriage—but I do agree with you the the high divorce rate (especially in the US) is very daunting and scary! I think that the number one reason the divorce rates are so high is because people don’t take relationships seriously these days–it is so normal for people to fly through relationships(not that it is a bad thing–sometimes it just happens that way) so there isn’t a basic foundation of trust and commitment to begin with early on in relationships. Without commitment/seriousness early on in a relationship, I think a marriage is doomed for failure.

16. Albizia says:

First – if I were your sister, I would probably beg you to cook for me all the time. You are lucky I am not 😀 .

As for marriage, I don’t think it’s that important. If there is true love, a piece of paper means nothing. I know people who are perfectly happy although they aren’t married. They love each other, they have kids and everything else. But maybe my deeply hidden romantic side wants to try a wedding dress one day 🙂 .

1. Hahahaha YOU’re lucky you’re not. I would shove all my test creations in your mouth. And my mom can attest to the fact that they’re not all good ;).

17. Lisa says:

soooo agreed cinnamon and raisin are meant for each other! and the only thing I can think of that peanut butter shouldnt go with is perhaps some vegetables. like, can you imagine eating a broccoli dipper in peanut butter? i love my broccoli and i love pb, but i dont know if id mix those! :p

1. I thought about that too… but then I remembered peanut sauce! Broccoli in peanut sauce is uber yummy!

18. Hela says:

I can´t stand raisins. like, at all! but still, there is peanut butter involved, so it´s yum 😉
    I really love the idea of commitment, too. With honesty, faith and love you can make a marriage work and that is what I would love to have for myself. But as you have said – you must find the right person first 😉

19. Hmmm, what is a good topping to things like this that is low calorie. It seems all toppings-peanut butter and such-are so calorie dense that I am just not comfortable eating them.

1. Hey girl,
      I’ve not tried it, but I know my friend Melissa really likes PB2. And my tofu icing, from yesterday, is probably much lower-calorie, especially if you leave out the peanut butter.
      Hope that helps!

20. I love being married. Sometimes its really hard, but at the end of the day, you’re with the one person who completely and totally accepts you for who you are. Amazing!

You know what else is amazing? This pizzert!