Good morning, Snickerdoodles!
Do you like snickerdoodle cookies? They’re not my favorite, because they don’t have chocolate! But my mom adores snickerdoodles. So, for Mothers’ Day, I decided to get creative with her breakfast.
Apparently, the name “snickerdoodle” comes from a German word for “snail noodles” (a type of pastry). Yummy? 😕
(makes 6 super-fat pancakes)
- 1/2 cup spelt, all-purpose, or Bob’s gf flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch uncut stevia OR 2 tbsp sugar (You can use less if you’re planning to top with syrup and therefore don’t want the actual pancakes to taste sweet. With this amount, the pancakes taste kind of like cookies, even with no toppings!)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp milk of choice, or more for thinner pancakes
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- tiny bit over 1/16 tsp salt
- Unless you like the texture of fat-free pancakes, I recommend adding 1 tbsp oil (for fat-free, use an extra tbsp milk of choice)
She loved them! After adding just a smidge of vegan butter and a tiny sprinkle of cinnamon sugar (more for appearance than taste), she proclaimed, “I feel like I’m eating snickerdoodle cookies for breakfast!”
New Pinterest Page: