Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte

It’s a healthy pumpkin spice latte!

Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte

The blogworld is abuzz with news that Starbucks is once again selling their seasonal Pumpkin Spice Lattes. If you haven’t seen the articles going around facebook yet, trust me… you do NOT want to know what is in a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (besides all that sugar!). Make your own healthy pumpkin spice latte at home with just a few all-natural ingredients, nothing artificial and no high fructose corn syrup.

It is really easy and tastes delicious!!!

healthy pumpkin spice latte

It’s beginning to look like Fall.

On Tuesday, we experienced our first cold front of the season. Of course, in Texas that simply means the high is 85 degrees instead of 110. But still, when your body’s gotten used to 110, any cooler temperatures will make you reach for a sweater.

Or maybe a warm latte.

I’ve never tried one of these popular pumpkin spice lattes, but the idea of a pumpkin-coffee combination intrigued me. And so I went to my kitchen to play…

vegan pumpkin spice latte

Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte

Print This Recipe 5/5
5/52

Ingredients

• 2 tbsp canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup milk of choice, or (for a richer taste) a combination of nondairy creamer and milk
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3-4 tbsp strong coffee
  • sugar or stevia to taste
Total Time: 5m
Yield: serves 1 person

Instructions

Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe: Mix everything but the coffee with a fork or whisk. Then, for a hot latte, you can either microwave or heat on the stove. Add coffee and whisk again. If desired, top with Homemade Coconut Cool Whip.

Drink in front of the fireplace. Or, if you’re in Texas, in front of the pool. Don’t worry, fellow Texans: soon it will get cold. Remember the foot of snow we had last year? That was fun. Or not…

blueberry muffin for one

Especially good alongside a Single Serving Blueberry Muffin.

And you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your own home. Those 80-degree temperatures are cold!

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. saskia says:

Looks yummy, as always!:) never tried canned pumpkin, in fact..but what about pumkin flavoured fudge? Or muffins?:) muffins always work!:) xo

2. Lauren B. says:

I make pumpkin pie oatmeal a few times a week! Yum! Combine oats, lots of pumpkin, almond milk, pinches of nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, salt, and some melted banana to sweeten! Just like fall in a bowl! Now, go put on a sweater! :)

3. Pumpkin spiced lattes are one of my favorite treats in the world. I need to make them at home to save my pocketbook though!

4. Such a simple recipe! I love pumpkin spice lattes, so I will be making this soon 😀

5. This looks so good and fall-like! I love putting pumpkin in my oatmeal. I do the same thing, open a can of pumpkin for just a few tablespoons, then I don’t know what to do with the rest of it. So I just put a few tablespoons in my oats and it disappears quickly enough!

1. Cathy Bergh says:

How about using ice cube trays to freeze individual cubes of the pumpkin? It should freeze fine, like pumpkin one and then it’s always available without having to use it up quickly. Of course for those who use it often, that’s never a problem! :)

6. Pumpkin brownies. Obviously. I have made non-vegan versions, but should bust out the flax to make a vegan version.

1. SEO Garland says:

Wow, pumpkin brownies. What an absolutely great idea! I would never have come up with that.

7. Wow! These look good! How did you get the foam? (ref 1st pic):D MY favorite use for pumpkin is pumpkin filling and buns! :-)

1. It’s just the cream swirled around ;).

8. Stephanie says:

Soooo addicted to pumpkin! I make pumpkin scones, pumpkin bread, pumpkin molasses cookies, pumpkin chili, pumpkin shepherd’s pie, pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin cake, and of course pumpkin pie! Pumpkin is great for regulating and tummy troubles and soooo tasty, to boot! Not a coffee drinker, but I’m wondering about subbing in some chocolate instead of the coffee – nummy! Thanks for the inspiration!

1. Wow, pumpkin shepherd’s pie sounds like the best idea EVER!

9. Lindsay says:

That latte looks great! This morning I was craving the same thing (I live in Boston and it’s has been raining and COLD for 3 days!) but I was running late to work so I just added some Pumpkin Pie spice from Trader Joes to my coffee with some almond milk and it was just the right amount of pumpkin flavor. Tomorrow I’m thinking of adding the spice to the almond milk and making it into a frothy latte.

Thanks for the all the great ideas!

-Lindsay

10. katie says:

I LOVE YOU for THIS!

How awesome! I am tweeting this right now! LOVE YOU!

11. It’s like you went inside my mind today and pulled out EXACTLY what I was thinking about and then you made it! Looks SO GOOD!!!

12. Layla says:

I make almond meal/coconut/pumpkin pancakes almost daily!

1. Lindsay says:

Would you share this recipe? Your pancakes sound devine!! :)

13. It is pumpkin time!!! ..I had pumpkin protien mix this morning for breakfast! Soooo good! ….I hear you, it has been 110* all summer and now that it is 80*, I am wearing a coat. No joke!

14. Delicious! While I’m still planning on heading to Starbucks today for my first official pumpkin spice latte of the season, I know my wallet won’t allow me to do it all fall. This will be a perfect, at-home replacement! Thanks, Katie :)

15. Jennifer says:

I put pumpkin in my oatmeal! In fact, I did it 3 times this week. 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup of pumpkin and whatever spices you’d like (cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie…) Delicious!

1. Lisa C says:

That sounds really good! Do you add any sweetener, or is it sweet enough without? I always find that I have to add sweetener to oatmeal, even if I put fruit in.

1. Jennifer says:

To be honest, I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, so I don’t add any sweetener to it. Really, though, I don’t see why you couldn’t!

16. Ashley says:

I absolutely adore pumpkin spice lattes! I did have one of the famous Starbucks ones, and honestly, I didn’t really like it! For some reason it tasted a bit burnt… I got it without whip, so maybe it was the cinnamon they put on top or the milk wasn’t steamed right. Either way, I’d like to try it again, but at a fraction of the cost this looks fantastic!!

I love pumpkin muffins. Pumpkin pancakes. But I’ve never been a fan of pumpkin pie– so I’m going to try making it for the holidays, but as miniature pies!

17. What a fabulous idea… LOVE pumpkin anything and everything! This looks great!

18. Tina says:

Oh my gosh this is amazing!!! Just yesterday I saw these lattes and I wanted one soo bad. However, I can have neither milk nor dairy and this is just fantastic!!!!

1. Tina says:

OOOps! I meant neither sugar nor dairy. I am aware that milk and dairy are the same thing lol 😀 haha

19. I used to love the Starbucks PSLs but they’re a) not vegan, b) super high cal and c) way too expensive. I always use open cans of pumpkin in my oats. Thinking about cracking one open tonight for that purpose! Or in pancakes…

20. I feel like I’m about the break the blog if I tell you that I’ve never had pumpkin, and that I don’t think I’d actually like it if I did! I may have to try one can this season, just to be able to say I’ve had it, but I’m a bigger fan of other fall flavors!

1. This is the blog to admit that on… because I think every other blogger likes canned pumpkin more than I do! So I can’t judge ;).