These soft and ultra moist homemade pumpkin muffins will quickly become a family favorite recipe.
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Easy to make
Can be oil free
The classic pumpkin muffin recipe is great for a quick portable breakfast or a healthy snack, and it can also be vegan, gluten free, egg free, soy free, low fat, dairy free, low calorie, and nut free.
Trending Now: Crustless Pumpkin Pie – Under 100 Calories
The muffins are packed with wholesome nutrition… and they taste like pumpkin pie.
So they give you the best of both worlds!
If you whip up a big batch on Sunday, the extra muffins can easily be frozen for meal prep, to have on hand any time a pumpkin craving hits.
More Muffin Recipes
Pumpkin Muffin Ingredients
There are no butter or eggs, and you can change up the flavor of the muffins by throwing in a handful of raisins or dried cranberries, crushed walnuts, flax or chia seeds, or shredded coconut.
Obviously my favorite variation is to add a generous handful of chocolate chips.
The recipe is versatile, so if you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, just use additional cinnamon instead.
And if you can’t find Libby’s pumpkin at the store, feel free to sub roasted butternut squash or mashed sweet potato.
(Here’s the best way how to cook sweet potatoes.)
If you’ve only ever made pumpkin muffins with cake mix before, you’ll be shocked at how much better homemade tastes!
Above, watch the video of how to make pumpkin muffins
The recipe was adapted from this Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe – with cream cheese frosting.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 3 tbsp oil or additional pumpkin
- 2 1/2 tsp white or cider vinegar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup spelt, white, or oat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, unrefined if desired
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or sub additional cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp each: baking soda, salt, and baking powder
- optional handful chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Whisk liquid ingredients. Let sit 10 minutes, and sift dry ingredients in a bowl while waiting. Pour dry into wet, stir just until evenly mixed, and smooth into a lined muffin tin. Bake 19 minutes on the center rack. Let cool. The muffins taste even better the next day, and liners peel off easily the next day as well. View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram