Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie… Without Sugar!

Happy Birthday!

To celebrate a birthday, one often eats pie. But what do you eat when the birthday is for the pie, itself? While it may seem odd to commemorate such an occasion at all, my deep-dish cookie pie—which came into existence exactly one year ago—is no ordinary pie.

After all, this recipe was featured on the ABC 5 O’Clock News.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie - no sugar / no flour / vegan / gf - People rave about the recipe. Everyone loves this pie! @choccoveredkt

Above, topped with my 4 ingredient ice cream recipe.

No, I didn’t really celebrate the birthday of a pie. I’m not totally strange (unlike my dad, who celebrates the birthday of his car…). But many people have requested a sugar-free version of my deep-dish cookie pie; so finally, a whole year later, I’m posting the new recipe, heavily adapted from the original version—yet just as delicious!

Peace, love, and chocolate chips.

healthy chocolate chip pie

cookie pie with beans

Have you tried the Deep Dish Cookie Pie yet? Or any dessert recipe with beans: blondies, cookie dough dip, cookies, etc.? If you’re still weirded out by the idea of beans in desserts, I don’t even want to tell you about the ingredient I put in my newest dessert recipe that will hopefully be posted later this month. Be afraid… be very afraid Winking smile.

Side note: The original recipe can be found here.

Deep Dish Cookie Pie – One of our favorite recipes! It tastes like eating a giant homemade chocolate chip cookie!… Recipe, as featured on ABC News: @choccoveredkt

No Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

For similar recipes: 100 healthy dessert recipes that can be sugar-free

• 2 cans white beans or garbanzos (drained and rinsed well) (500g total, once drained)
    • 1 cup quick oats (or certified-gf quick oats)
    • 2 cups pitted dates (300g) (I recommend Sunmaid, as they’re softer and easier to blend.)
    • 4 stevia packs, or 1/8 tsp uncut (or 4 tbsp sugar)
    • 3/4 tsp salt
    • 2 tsp baking powder
    • 1/2 tsp baking soda
    • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    • 2/3 cup milk of choice
    • 3 tbsp oil (canola, veg, or coconut)
    • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
    • 1 cup chocolate chips (see nutrition link below, for companies that make sugar-free chocolate.)

Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease a 10-in springform pan (or two 8-in round pans). Combine all dry ingredients (except chips) in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Put around 1/3 of the dry and 1/3 of the wet ingredients into a high-powered food processor like a Cuisinart (NOT a blender) and blend until super-smooth (where there are no date pieces to be seen). Scoop out into a bowl, and repeat the process twice more with the rest of the ingredients. (If you have an absolutely giant food processor, you can do it in two batches, as opposed to three.) Stir in the chocolate chips, and pour into the pan or pans. Bake 35-40 minutes (or 30 if you want it really gooey in the middle), then let cool at least 15 minutes before trying to remove it.

View Nutrition Facts & Substitutions

Link Of The Day:

flourless blender muffins

Flourless Blender Muffins

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Laura says:

wow, this looks so, soo awesome! Please stop posting amazing recipes in the middle of my afternoon when my sweet-hunger is about to take over me!

2. This looks AWESOME. The whole “beans in a dessert” thing is why I got hooked on your site in the first place, this looks SOO delicious!

But you’ve made me curious – what kind of car does your dad have??

1. Samantha says:

How funny. 🙂

That cake looks fabulous!

2. HAHA – alright, I guess he can be obsessed with that – it looks like a sweet ride. Lol. I wouldn’t mind driving one of those around!! 😀 I’d probably make it cakes too.

3. Krisitn says:

OMG THAT’S MY CAR! I’ve been totally shopping for the right MGB. I want a late model (78-80) with the rubber bumpers. But it has to have “low” milage and a perfect body and interior. The engine doesn’t matter so much b/c I am surrounded by people who can fix it up. I would totally throw a birthday party for an MGB. 🙂

1. My dad says he’ll sell it! Haha actually my MOM says he’ll sell it. (I don’t think she likes that car ;).) What do you consider to be low mileage on a 30-year-old car? His is from 78, I think… but he drives his a lot, so it probably won’t fit the bill!

2. Katy says:

We have a 1980 MGB that we are trying to sell!! haha I’d never seen one before I met my husband. He loves it but it’s just not practical in our current situation, ya know?

1. hanna says:

your dad is hilarious. reminds me of my dad, who is also funny and has a ’60’s Oldsmobile – though it’s my brother who’s obsessed with cars (esp that one) and would probably have a b-day for it if he thought of it

4. Anonymous says:

Hi! I’m trying this out now. Love your website Katie!

3. This looks delicious!! I’ve been wanting to try one of your bean infused recipes, but haven’t yet. Maybe this will be the one? 🙂

4. Anonymous says:

YUM! So glad it’s sugar free!! : D

5. Ohmygoodness, I just made something very similar to this yesterday and froze it for my mom’s birthday!

6. wow oh wow that looks decadent and amazing! and what beautiful (and tempting) photos! thanks for sharing!

7. today is actually my birthday haha! looks like a share a birthday with a pretty famous pie, yum!

1. Jasmin says:

Happy birthday! I wish I could share a birthday with this pie! Haha I just had to go check the archives to see which treat I share a birthday with. It’s the hot chocolate cookies!!! Yum!

1. Happy birthday! And lol Jasmin, too funny!

8. looks amazing! I love beans in any dessert (almost!) I still need to experient more with a basic iceceam… I love the way you dress your desserts with it, makes them look even more delicious!

9. Happy Birthday to the amazing pie! ….It is quite delicious- true! 🙂

10. I’m going to have to make this for my grandma who is diabetic but convinced nothing gluten free or sugar free could ever really be that good. It looks amazing!

11. Jill says:

Mmmm… love that it’s sugar-free!

12. Iris says:

Be still my sugar-free heart! Love this, Katie! I Must go pin it to the stevia board!

13. I still need to try this – mostly I need to break out my food processor! Do you prefer this version or the original?

1. To be honest, they actually seem pretty similar to me, taste and texture-wise.

14. I LOVE your deep-dish cookie pie. I’ve made it twice and it’s gone over really well both times. I’ve been tempted to make one just for myself… but I’m afraid I would the whole thing in one sitting! I’m excited for this new sugar-free recipe!

1. Heather says:

I love this comment, I was really hoping to hear from someone who had actually made and eaten this! So thank you 🙂

15. Samantha says:

Nope…it is no ordinary pie at all!

OK, this is pretty darn cool. As a very regular consumer of variations on the blondies I am totally intrigued by this even though I will use sugar rather than stevia and regular chocolate chips.I love so many of the “raw” recipes that this seems like a great addition to an already amazing dessert.

PS. Totally laughed about your dad celebrating his car’s birthday.

16. Oh my! I’ve just died and gone to heaven. You’re absolutely AMAZING girl, I love all your recipes!

17. Amanda French says:

I love birthdays! I have not made the cookie pie yet, but I made the chocolate chip blondies and loved them. I think I need to make a batch tonight.

18. Heidi says:

Man, that looks awesome. Do you think this could be made without oil? Love your stuff, thanks!

19. sarah says:

Omgoodness. I saw “Chocolate Chip Cookie pie” in my newsfeed and started salivating! Thank you for this recipe without sugar; I’ve only been eating chocolate lately because sugar makes me break out terribly (but not chocolate, thank gracious goodness). This looks like something that will make me forget all about sugar!