Breakfast Banana Pops

These easy-to-make breakfast banana pops are like summer on a popsicle stick!

Breakfast Banana Pops - Easy snack idea for summer, from @choccoveredkt... Ingredients: 4 peeled bananas, popsicle sticks, 3 tbsp chocolate chips, 1/2 cup... Full recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/06/20/breakfast-banana-pops/

pin-it

It’s a super-kid-friendly recipe as well.

When I was little, we’d make these “nana pops” weekly during the summer months, rolling the bananas in anything from cinnamon and sugar, to granola and raising, to crushed chocolate chip cookies! The recipe is also great for people who hate to cook – it’s pretty much foolproof!

If you’re anything like me, or if your weather is anything like the weather in Texas, you cringe at the thought of heating up the oven when it’s so hot outside. That’s why I’ve been focusing so much on the no-bake recipes lately. For more no-bake healthy snacks:

50 No-Bake Chocolate Recipes

yogurt covered bananas

These banana pops are great for snack or as part of breakfast.

For a balanced breakfast, especially good for cooling off after a hot morning workout, I recommend serving with something savory, such as one of my favorite recipes: Eggless Breakfast Scramble.

breakfast banana pops

banana pops

Did you like helping out in the kitchen as a kid?

I especially liked doing dishes! 🙂

I also rolled cookies (and ate the dough), stirred ingredients, peeled carrots… and my sister and I would always fight over who got to mash potatoes. But mostly… I liked eating the cookie dough. Big help I was.

yogurt covered bananas

Side note: I currently have over 7 pages of unanswered recipe questions from readers, so if you asked a question and haven’t heard back from me, please know I’m doing my best to answer as many as possible in a timely manner. I know it sucks to type out a question and never receive an answer.

(If you ever know the answer to a question someone’s asked on one of my posts, please feel free to jump in and answer!)

pin-itBreakfast Banana Pops

(2 bananas makes 4 pops)

• bananas (Or try this idea with strawberries, pineapple, etc.)
  • yogurt of choice (Wholesoy, Almond Dream, Silk, etc.)
  • granola of choice, or crushed cookies or Healthy Graham Crackers
  • add-on ideas: mini chocolate chips, coconut shreds, cinnamon sugar, raisins, etc.
  • popsicle sticks or silverware to insert in the bananas

Procedure: Pour granola into a very shallow dish or plate. Peel bananas, cut in half, and insert popsicle sticks. Dip into yogurt (or coat with a knife), then roll into granola and add-ons. (I stuck the chips on by hand, after rolling in the granola.) Place on a parchment or wax-lined tray and freeze. Keep uneaten pops in the freezer.

View Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

almond butter fudge

Clean Eating Almond Butter Fudge

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Morgan @ Crazy 4 Oats says:

Yum! Those look like the perfect summer treat! They remind me of a healthier alternative to s’mores (which is my favorite dessert!)

2. Juliana says:

I love these!!! 🙂 So glad I have plenty of bananas ready!
    And I’ve always loved helping out in the kitchen (I’m only 15, but my family already jokes that the kitchen is “mine”). I think it runs in my blood!

1. Dallas says:

i also looooveee baking in the kitchen, but i don’t think my family is so enthusiastic about everything i make 🙂 for some reason, even when i follow recipes my food comes out sort of lumpy, sometimes tasty, and… unique.

2. This comment made my day! I started taking over my kitchen when I was about your age too! My family said they couldn’t wait to get me to college so they could have a chance at our kitchen 😛

Check out my latest recipe @ bakingblissful.blogspot.com

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

Yay! we’re the same age!
        Except I hate helping in the kitchen. ANd cooking does NOT run in my blood by any stretch of the imagination 🙂

3. Dallas says:

looks great for a simple, healthy morning breakfast. and it’s nice to get away from all that cereal…:)

4. Kimberly says:

I am bananas about bananas!

Sorry about that horrible joke – but, seriously, bananas are my favorite! Definitely going to try this out!

Thanks!

5. Sophie says:

Those things are so cute!

I’m going to have to try them soon with bananas and strawberries.

Thanks for the awesome idea!

6. Samantha says:

Good morning! 7 pages of unanswered questions…I got tired on your behalf just thinking about it.

I did laugh about the boyfriend comment. Eh, your blog, your life. you introduce however you guys wants. 🙂

Have a great day, and love the cute banana idea!

You know my greater helping out in the kitchen memory is not so much with my mom as with my Grammy. I think I was in the way with my mom (our kitchen was tiny).

7. Debbie says:

These look great! I just ran out of bananas yesterday, this is a great reason to go get some later. I loved helping out in the kitchen when I was younger. I had my own little stool so I could reach the counter and be in on all the action.

8. Omigosh! Those sound delicious & pretty easy to make! Mmmm!

9. I feel ya about not wanting to turn on the oven in the summer… I live in Minnesota (yes I know shocker it gets hot here too!) and I don’t have air conditioning, so its a whooping 90 degrees in here! It kills me not to ba able to use the oven, so I’ve been working on some no bake recipes too (Cookie Butter!!). Love the idea of covering the bananas in yogurt. Chocolate covered bananas are my favorite, so I’ll have to try this out. 🙂
    As for cooking when I was younger…I LOVED IT! My sister and I were always videoing our own cooking shows. They are pretty funny to look back on. Was anyone into using their EasyBake Oven as much as I was? I once made my mom a 11 layered cake with it. You know how long that must have taken? Haha. Good times.

10. I love this idea! How cute and tasty! I loved to help out when I was little. I think that’s one reason I love to cook now. I also ate a wider variety of foods by helping out in the kitchen because I saw what was being made and got to test it all the way from prep to finished meal.

11. what a fun treat for summer!! yum! they look delicious!

12. Cute idea. 🙂 I actually didn’t really like helping in the kitchen as a kid, which is funny because now I love being in the kitchen!

13. I always wanted to help out in the kitchen as a kid, but my mom was far too practical for that (kids make messes!). Now I like to have my kids help out with the cooking as much as possible. My 3 year old just helped me make some pancakes this morning! She loves to cook & I want to encourage her inner chef as much as possible.

Beautifully simple recipe Katie, my kids will love it! Thank you.

14. AH those are awesome! WHY did it take this long for those to come into my life?? Making them pronto. Also, I can’t imagine what you could be saving for the cookbook when the blog posts are this great. thanks katie!

1. Aw thanks, Shannon. It’s really hard… I can’t even tell you how much I want to post the cinnamon rolls :-?.

1. :) says:

No… there are cinnamon rolls.. no… why would you say that… I hate to make it worse, but please post the cinnamon rolls…now I’m just trying to figure out what they’re made of… I now it’s hard for you not to post the recipes… but think about how hard it is for me now that I know there are cinnamon rolls… :S…I”m going to eat my bananas and dream about cinnamon rolls.. :D..The banana idea is great .. I’m going to try it NOW. xo
        🙂

15. Lauren says:

I hated helping in the kitchen when I was young. I always did like cooking and watching my mom bake though!

16. OH MY GOSH!!!! Those are SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 I love frozen bananas — I am so glad that we bought some more today at HEB. 🙂

17. Janet says:

What a great way to use up all those bananas that are getting too ripe too fast. I usually throw them in the freezer to use in a banana bread or to grind up in my Magic Bullet to eat as banana “ice cream”. I just have to find the room for them in my freezer!

18. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

Funny… my sister just thought about making our usual “naner-pops”! Great minds think alike. Well, we’re talking about my sister here…so… never mind 🙂
    And my sister and I fight about who HAS to help my mom. We both hate it fiercely.
    And like Shannon said above… what on earth is in the cookbook?!?! especially after the chocolate cake the other day. You have a hard time on your hands now 🙂

1. It’s especially hard when people keep leaving comments, criticizing what I’m posting. I want to scream: Trust me, people. There’s a lot more! 😉
      I wish I could post it all!

19. How fun! ….What a great snack! I think I’ll cover my banana in marshmallow cream and then dip in gram crackers and chocolate chips. Yep—taking it a step too far! 🙂
    I’m going to blame that on being pregnant!

20. Such a simple, yet brilliant idea!