This ultra chocolatey, extra fudgy homemade chocolate banana bread recipe is super easy to make, and it’s great to serve for breakfast or dessert!
The Best Chocolate Banana Bread
This recipe seriously feels like you’re eating actual chocolate cake… yet it’s secretly good for you at the same time!
To cut back on calories without sacrificing taste or texture, I’ve packed a full two cups of mashed banana into this decadently rich and dark chocolate banana bread.
The moisture and sweetness from the extra banana makes the recipe so soft and delicious that you’d swear it absolutely must be full of fat and sugar.
But it’s not at all!!!
You Might Also Like: The Ultimate Vegan Lemon Bread
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
♥ The recipe can be low fat, high fiber, vegan, gluten free, oil free, and refined sugar free.
It makes a great gift, and leftover slices can also be frozen for a rainy day when you need some instant chocolate comfort food!
What could be more deliciously comforting than moist homemade double chocolate banana bread, ready whenever you want it???
I decided to add some extra chocolate chips to the top this time, both for presentation and because there’s absolutely no such thing as too much chocolate.
Trending Right Now: Avocado Smoothie – 5 Ingredients
More Banana Bread Recipes:
How To Make The Banana Bread
No stand mixer or blender required – you simply combine the banana bread ingredients, spread the batter into a pan, and add chocolate chips on top if you wish. Bake in the oven, then slice and enjoy. It tastes even better the next day!
Optional add-in ideas include chopped walnuts, almonds, or pecans, shredded coconut, dried dates, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, or the aforementioned chocolate chips (triple chocolate banana bread!). I love using coconut oil, but if you want to make it oil-free, you can easily sub additional banana, yogurt, sour cream, milk of choice, or even almond or peanut butter instead.
Also Try This Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Above – watch the video how to make chocolate banana bread!
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 cups overripe mashed banana
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp white or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil OR milk of choice
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 1 3/4 cup spelt, white, oat, or bob’s gf flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dutch cocoa or additional regular
- 1/8 tsp uncut stevia OR 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp each: baking powder and salt
- optional 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- *The oil version will be richer and better textured; the oil-free version will be lower in calories. So it depends on your own personal preference. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan. Line with parchment. Whisk first five ingredients in a bowl. Whisk remaining ingredients in a separate bowl, then pour wet into dry. Stir until just evenly combined. Spread evenly into the loaf pan. If desired, sprinkle more chocolate chips on top and press down. bake 45 minutes, then turn off the oven but do not open the door even a crack! Let sit an additional 10 minutes in the closed oven before removing. (If still undercooked at this time, turn oven back on and continue baking—checking every five minutes—until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.) Let cool, then very loosely cover or refrigerate overnight before slicing and serving if you can wait, because the taste and texture are ten times better the next day! View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Healthy Chocolate Recipes:
(Super EASY To Make!)