Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Oatmeal Pancakes – Whole Grain

Oatmeal Pancakes – soft, fluffy, light, sweet, and wholesomely healthy!

Oatmeal Pancakes - 1/3 cup rolled oats, 1 cup milk of choice, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp baking powder, 2 1/2 tsp... Full recipe: @choccoveredkt

These pancakes really fill you up!

Every now and then I will pack up a bag, drive to my parents’ house, and stay the night in my old bedroom, which is still intact with trophies, yearbooks, and stuffed animals from my childhood… oh, and bright turquoise walls with hot pink accents. (Really, what was I thinking?)

This is what I did last weekend, driving over for an early family celebration since I’ll be out of town on my actual birthday this year. The weekend began with Saturday morning oatmeal pancakes, homemade by my mom who got up extra early on her day off just because she knows I don’t sleep late. It was nice to have someone else make me breakfast for a change, and the oatmeal pancakes were seriously delicious!

Oatmeal Pancakes

These hearty and healthy oatmeal pancakes can be vegan and gluten-free, and you can even make them the night before or freeze any leftover pancakes for another day.

That is… on the rare chance there actually are any leftovers!

katie mom

P.S. Thanks, parents, for not turning my old room into a gym.

pancake batter cropped

making pancakes

Oatmeal Pancakes

Print This Recipe No ratings yet.

• 3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp spelt flour, all-purpose, Bob's gf, or ww pastry flour (120g)
  • 6 tbsp rolled oats (30g)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 4 stevia packs or 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • 1 cup plus 2 tbsp milk of choice (minus 3 tbsp if using pure maple syrup)
  • 2 tbsp oil (20g)
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp pure almond extract (omit if desired)
  • optional: handful chocolate chips or raisins
  • optional: can add up to 2/3 cup blueberries if desired
Total Time: 20m
Yield: 3 to 4 servings

Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe: In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, whisk together all liquid ingredients. Pour dry into wet, and stir together to form a batter. (Note: if the batter is too thin–which might be the case especially if using cup measurements of ww pastry flour–just add a little more flour until you get a pancake-esque batter.) For fluffiest pancakes, let the batter sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Lightly grease a medium skillet, then place over medium heat. When pan is hot (see tip), drop small ladelfuls of batter onto the skillet. Flip pancakes, using a spatula, when the edges begin to look dry. Allow to cook one minute longer, then remove from heat. Serve with your favorite pancake toppings. TIP: Test the heat of your skillet by throwing a few drops of water onto the surface. When the water sizzles, the pan is ready for the pancake batter. Recipe makes about 20 small pancakes, the size of the ones in the photos (3-4 servings).

View Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

1. Swap out the butter for canned pumpkin when making fudge   2. Next time you have a can of leftover chickpeas, use it for... Read More: @choccoveredkt

Healthy Pumpkin Recipes  –  Recipes With Canned Pumpkin

Tags: , ,

1. Toni says:

I’m so glad you got to be treated to breakfast for your birthday! These look delicious.

2. Alice says:

Hello there!
    It’s funny how you read my mind and posted a new pancake recipe when i was wondering which one i should try next 🙂
    Sadly, I am only one person to eat them… How do I store pancakes? I only remember you once used “bad” pancakes that you stored the wrong way for a photoshoot ^^
    Will I have any problems when I halve the recipe?
    Stay as awesome as you are! 🙂

1. bee says:

Hi Alice,
      I have halved CCK’s pancakes recipes before, as I am the only one eating them in my house too. While I haven’t tried it with this particular recipe, I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. I like to write down the new measurements so that I don’t forget part way through the recipe how much of something I’m putting in, and put double!
      Happy frying.

3. Ivana says:

Looks absolutely amazing!:))

4. Jennifer says:

You mention that it makes 20 pancakes about the size of the ones in the picture…but, there is no frame of reference in the pictures to see how big they are! 😉 You and your mom are seriously cute in the photo!

5. Susan says:

These pancakes sound delicious. Between all the smoothie recipes and pancake recipes I’ve been finding, I would probably never have to make the same breakfast twice! I’m always glad to see another healthy but tasty choice.

My room was turned into an office/guest room (the guest part would never be used except for my father to take naps), as soon as I left home – I think. My youngest sister might have used it for a while before the transformation. But my parents didn’t keep anything set up the way we had it after we left.

6. My parents have kept my room intact too. They’ve changed the pink walls to white and put in a new, much softer bed. But it’s still my old bedroom. I love sleeping there when I’m in town! Those pancakes look delish! Go mom!!

7. Molly says:

Turquoise walls?!? makes me want to paint my bedroom turquoise.
    I’ve never made oatmeal pancakes before, but I make oatmeal all the time, Actually yesterday I made your coconut cookie dough oatmeal, and right now I’m having your chai breakfast shake. sooo yummy :).
    I’m going to make these pancakes for my family tomorrow morning, I know they’ll be delicious. 🙂
    your recipe calls for 2tbsp of oil, can I use coconut oil? or does it matter what type of oil?
    can’t wait for your book to come out, thanks for sharing all your lovely recipes.
    look forward to trying several of them 🙂

1. Yes, coconut oil is actually my favorite in these pancakes.
      Just be sure to gently heat the milk of choice so the oil doesn’t solidify.

1. Rizi says:

Coconut milk is also really good for pancakes.

8. thats a yummy cake. thanks for the recipe!

9. Danielle says:

These sound amazing! I’m definitely going to make them soon!

10. Elizabeth says:

Ya’ll are so cute! I really cannot wait to try them!! =DD

11. These look awesome! I love oatmeal and pancakes. Nice and healthy and hearty to start the morning off right 🙂

12. I love how simple and wholesome these are! And they look delicious of course 🙂

13. Lisa says:

Oatmeal pancakes are probably my favorite type if I had to choose one!
    Haha, had to laugh at your room into a gym comment…because my parents totally turned my room into a gym. How rude 😉

14. Terezka says:

Aww your mom is so cute. I will be going to visit mine in Prague Tomorrow! I am ecstatic! I haven’t seen her in a Year 🙁 yay I have been making oatmeal cookies a lot and to make them chewy I put them in the freezer for a bit. Did you ever try that (umm I am sure you did haha) so pancakes are next.

15. Yum! I’m always looking for new homemade pancake recipes! Looks great!

16. LOVE anything and everything oatmeal. These look sumptuous!!

17. Ooohhh I love pancakes! And I’ve been wanting to try out oat pancakes for a while now. Thank you for sharing!

18. Samantha @ Sweetly Striving says:

Thank you for this recipe. I have a hard time finding foods that are filling enough for me in the mornings. Maybe this will help.

19. Ellen says:

Hehe, I knew I was an adult when I came home and found my old bedroom had gone from its goth splendor to being a pastel craft room!
    And also, I need some pancakes now, these look lovely:)

20. Sheri A says:

Hi Katie!
    I would love to make these pancakes but I am trying to get oil out of my diet. Is there anything I could sub for the oil and have the pancakes still turn out fluffy and light? Thank you.

1. Sorry, I don’t know of anything.

2. Holly says:

Why would you want to eliminate oil from your diet? Some fat is essential in everyone’s diet.

1. jen says:

Don’t need added processed oils in your diet. Empty calories, saturated fats and rancid immediately. Get you fats naturally from avocados, nuts, flax seeds etc. See Dr. McDougall, Dr. Esselstyn etc. Can try bananas or applesauce in place of the oil in the recipe. There are lots of no oil pancake/waffle recipes out there which are really yummy too.

3. Lauren says:

I just made them with applesauce instead of oil and they are great!