These homemade chocolate chip zucchini muffins are moist, sweet, and packed with whole grains and shredded zucchini.
Do you know what yesterday was?
Why, it was none other than National Zucchini Bread Day… a very special day – right up there with Thanksgiving and Christmas as one of the most important days in the history of forever and ever.
Or… maybe not.
But still, a day worth celebrating with homemade zucchini muffins.
When I realized how few zucchini recipes there are on my blog, it made me sad.
So today you get my best zucchini muffin recipe!
Also try this Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
A great way to use up zucchini, they’re the perfect healthy muffins for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
Or maybe even dinner.
Hey, they’re practically a vegetable! 😉
It’s obviously too late to go back and make these zucchini muffins for National Zucchini Day this year, but do not despair!
National “Sneak some Zucchini onto your Neighbor’s Porch” Day is August 8th.
Yes, that really is an actual holiday.
Super weird, right?
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups spelt, white, oat, or gf ap flour (For low carb, make these Keto Muffins)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar of choice, or xylitol
- optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup oil, or sub applesauce if you don’t mind the texture of fat-free baked goods
- 1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Zucchini Muffins Recipe: Preheat oven to 350F and place 10-12 cupcake liners in a muffin tin. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, then set aside. In a large measuring cup, combine all liquid ingredients (including zucchini). Mix wet into dry, and immediately portion into the baking cups and place in the oven. Bake 19 minutes, then allow the zucchini muffins to cool before removing from the tray. These vegan zucchini muffins are soy-free and can also be gluten-free and sugar-free.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Healthy Recipes:
How To Cook Sweet Potatoes – The Better Way