Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Cookie Dough Fudge Babies!

These no-bake cookie dough babies can be raw, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo – with just four ingredients!

Raw Cookie Dough Bites!

NO eggs

NO flour

NO butter / NO sugar / NO oil

If your favorite part of making chocolate chip cookies has always been eating the raw cookie dough, these snackable cookie dough babies are the perfect healthy answer. Take them on-the-go for long car rides or running errands, pack them into a lunchbox, or keep a few on hand so you always have a healthy snack any time you’re craving something sweet.

You could also totally stir some of these into my Banana Ice Cream, for a homemade cookie dough nicecream sundae!

cookie dough balls

cookie dough bites

This is the cookie dough variation (one of my favorite flavors) of the fudge babies I made for the live USA TODAY segment on Wednesday. The broadcast went out to over 8 million viewers and was posted on all of their official facebook pages… both crazy exciting and completely terrifying at the same time.

So please just ignore my nervous hair flipping and not looking at the camera in the video if you watch. Definitely will fix those things for the future!

usa today insider program

Here’s a link to the shortened version of the video, and if you’re a visual person and prefer to actually see recipes being made, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel while you’re over there, because it’s where I post all of my recipe videos.

Going back to these cookie dough balls – If you’ve ever tried a Cookie Dough Larabar, that’s what these little energy balls might make you think of when you try them. Just like Larabars, they need no refrigeration and are fine to store in a container for up to a few weeks. The cookie dough bites can also be frozen to always have on hand when a cookie dough craving hits.

To make them refined-sugar-free, you can use naturally sweetened or unsweetened chocolate or cacao nibs, or the chocolate chips can also be left out completely to give you something similar to a Cashew Cookie Larabar, only bite-sized. You could also change up the chocolate chips for raisins, add some shredded coconut or chia seeds, or dip them in melted chocolate – the best part about these fudge babies is how easy it is to customize them… and also how easy they are to eat!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Energy Bites!

Cookie Dough Fudge Babies

If you want a brownie version, also try the original Fudge Babies.

Cookie Dough Fudge Babies!

Total Time: 5m
Yield: Depends on size rolled
Print This Recipe No ratings yet.

Ingredients

• Loosely packed 1 1/3 cup pitted dates (160g)
  • Handful of chocolate chips or cacao nibs
  • 1/2 cup raw cashews, almonds, macadamias, or walnuts – Nut-free recipes Here or Here
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • Optional pinch of salt

Instructions

*If your dates are rock hard, just soak them in boiling water for a half hour. Most regular grocery stores carry dates; be sure to buy them pitted.

Blend all ingredients in a food processor (or halve the recipe and use a single serve blender or mini chopper). You can add the chips before or after blending. I’ve found that a food processor works much better than a blender because it processes more evenly and the results are not a sticky mess. Roll into balls – I find it easiest to transfer the dough to a ziploc and smush into one big ball, then break off pieces and roll into smaller balls. Feel free to dip in melted chocolate. You can also form bars or even roll out the dough and cut shapes with cookie cutters.

View Nutrition Facts

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

177 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. jessy says

i can’t get enough of your fudge baby yummies, Katie – and i’m especially looking forward to your running & kabocha post! i just had my first kabocha last week – i roasted it up and served it over millet- it magical and oh-so deeeelicious. i ate a ton of chocolate chip cookie dough when i was wee – i loved the dough pre-chocolate chips, too. mmmmmmm! think i’m gonna toss some oats in your cookie dough babies – what a super tasty idea!

2. BroccoliHut says

One of the many reason I love vegan baking–I can eat all the dough/batter I want without any fears of getting food-borne illness…well unless a tummy ache from too much sugar counts:)
    Quick Q: it looks like from your pics that you use raw cashews–is this true? Have you ever tried it with roasted nuts? Just curious!

3. Michelle says

So there I was, minding my own business, listenin’ to some groovin’ baby makin’ (chocolate cookie dough fudge babies that is) when all of the sudden! The motor on the food processor died. So tragic!! I had some fudge babies that, albiet chunky, tasty absolutely fantastic. Excellent recipe Katie! (Unfortunately I am going to have to wait until Christmas for Santa to bring a Magic Bullet or something of the sort)

4. Stephanie @ Foodie McFood says

I think your charity idea is awesome and I can’t wait to make something from your blog and link back to it!

5. Marianne says

We lived on the edge back in my childhood – mom had no issues with us eating the raw cookie dough. And I’ll still do it, with no shame whatsoever 😀

6. Allie (Protein Girl) says

I just made these with toasted cashews & sunflower seeds, vanilla, raw cacao nibs, 4 dates and a touch of honey. OMG! Had to immediately pack them up in my hubby’s lunch, gave to my daughter for breakfast and am taking the rest to the gym to give away so I don’t eat them all!

7. Katherine says

These look amazing! If I win the vita-mix I’ll have to try my hand at making a batch in there… after I make butternut squash soup, of course!

8. Jennifer says

Oooooh these babies are so good! I’m munching a batch of them right now. You know what would make them even better? … If I could eat them with a bowl of fruit ice cream that I just whipped up in my brand new Vita-Mix! If only there was a way to make that happen…

9. anisha says

My main reason to get a VitaMix would actually be to make a bunch of your recipes, especially all your oatmeal ones! They always look amazing but my lack-of-Vitamix makes it hard to replicate them!

10. Liz says

If I had a VitaMix, the first thing I would make in it would be a wonderful Green Smoothie with tons of spinach, blueberries, banana, almond milk and flax meal!

11. Marisa says

If i had a vita mix i would be making banana “ice cream” like there is no tomorrow! this stuff is too good and i’m sure a blender like this would make the job muuuch easier.

12. Metta says

Mmmm…chocolate chip cookie dough, what’s better than that?!

The first thing I’d make with the vita mix is green smoothie and one of Gena’s blended salads (the harvest soup).

13. Kimberly says

The first thing I would make if I got my hands on a Vitamix is banana “ice cream”. In the emulsion blender its yummy so i’m sure a blender like this would make it divine!

14. Brooke says

There is nothing like comfort food and remembering good times with girlfriends than bonding over raw cookie dough! Makes me smile and want to call some old buddies…and of course make these! LOL!

15. Jessica says

The first thing I would make in a Vita-Mix is a smoothie… raspberries, banana, milk, almond butter and spinach… yum!

16. claire says

These babies look amazing!! I cant resist anything to do with cookies. Im not sure if I could control myself around these guys! The first thing I would make in my vitamix would be my own chocolate flavored nut butter. Everything just tastes better with chocolate. I would DIE to win one of these as my own, ancient, verrrrrrry cheap blender is on its last legs and I’m desperate to try out all your great recipes 🙂

17. Sarah says

I would make raw soups every day with my new Vita-Mix ANDD I would my own nutmilks (my current blender can NOT handle dates, which are in majority of the recipes I’ve come across)

Thanks! 🙂

18. Kel says

I would make lots of stuff in a Vita-Mix, but the one I would be most excited about are smoothies. My blender does not like frozen fruit!

19. jayna says

If I had a Vita-Mix, I would first make a green smoothie with lots of kale! My dinky blender can hardly handle it, so I would be super excited to make one in a Vita-Mix.

20. Mitchell says

I get the feeling that I’m the only male visitor on this particular page. No matter. I’ll admit, the recipe sounded a little strange to me at first, but I was hooked from bite one.

With a Vita-Mix, I’d be remiss to make anything BUT chocolate chip fudge children (er, babies), but I suppose a nicely blended (and heated!) split pea soup would be first on the menu.