Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles

Creamy, dreamy, and secretly healthy chocolate fudgsicles!

Super Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles

pin-it

A cool summer breeze.

Untied shoelaces.

And chocolate dripping down my face.

My favorite thing about being a kid on summer vacation was the freedom.

You could sleep til noon. Play hide and seek with your neighborhood friends. Splash around in the community pool.

No one would make you get out to do your homework.

When it got really hot, you’d cool off with a chilly chocolate fudgsicle. To me, fudgsicles are the epitome of summer.

Fudgsicles, fresh watermelon, barbecues, and flip flops.

But mostly, fudgsicles.

Even as a little girl, I was all about the chocolate.

You May Also Like: Vegan Brownies – Reader Favorite Recipe

Vegan Chocolate Fudge Pops

pin-it

A few days ago, I broke out the popsicle-makers for the first time this summer, christening them with a healthier version of my beloved childhood chocolate fudgsicles.

Unlike traditional fudgsicles, this version has no high fructose corn syrup or processed ingredients you can’t pronounce.

These healthy chocolate fudgsicles are completely free of added sugar.

But just like the packaged pops, they are creamy and chocolatey and delicious.

Emphasis on delicious.

Trending Right Now: Almond Milk Ice Cream

5 Ingredient Creamy Chocolate Fudgsicles

pin-it

Popsicle Tips & Tricks

• If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can use paper cups instead and insert a small spoon as the stick.
  • Wooden popsicle sticks are available at most craft stores. To get them to stay upright, I like to freeze the popsicles for about a half hour–until firm but not rock hard–and the insert the sticks so they don’t move around.
  • To remove popsicles that will not budge from the molds, run them under room temperature water for about 15-20 seconds, then gently twist.

EASY Creamy Healthy Chocolate Fudge Popsicles Recipe

pin-it

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles

(makes 5-6 pops)

• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup milk of choice (see note)
  • 2 small, very ripe bananas, or use this banana-free version
  • pinch salt (scant 1/16 tsp)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • sweetener of choice (stevia, pure maple syrup, etc.)
  • optional, feel free to add peanut butter!

Note: For creamiest and richest results, use either canned full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream OR use milk of choice and add 2 tbsp nut butter (almond, cashew, macadamia, sunflower, etc.).

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles Recipe: Combine all items in a blender (I used a Magic Bullet). Pour into popsicle molds and freeze. Easy, right? As I said, the hardest part is waiting for them to freeze! A good way to remove pops is to run the popsicle mold under room-temp water for about 15 seconds, then gently twist. And the proper way to eat the pops is with chocolate dripping down your face.

View Nutrition Facts

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

231 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. sara says

hello,
    I’m writing from Portugal and I am one of the persons that recently discovered your blog and are crashing your server!! would you please confirm me if T is tablespoon?
    thanks and congratulation for the nice blog!!

2. A Fine Balance says

Katie
    I have been an avid reader fo your blog. and though I dont comment all the time (I find that your website does crash a bit)
    I LOVE your recipes

keep on doing what youre doing and I am sorry I am sooooo computer illiterate
    xoxo.

3. Sarah says

Oh wow, they look so good! Thanks for creating yet another amazing recipe. I could stare at your blog all day. Maybe that is why the server crashes? 😉

4. Jayme @ Runner-n-Spice says

Katie! That’s amazing about your site & traffic. It doesn’t surprise me at all!!

Good luck making the switch over for your servers.

5. Marianne says

I spent most of my summers at the ice rink skating. I know, crazy eh? But skating doesn’t really have an off season. Plus it was nice to be in the cold rink when it was hot out. Mom would drop me and my sister off, we’d skate, have lunch, head over to the library next door and read until she picked us up. We would also go camping every year, and my birthday is in the summer, so I’d get to celebrate that!

6. Anna says

Yummy! Fudgesicles and dreamsicles were my favorites growing up (and still are). Having a campfire and roasting marshmallows always makes me feel like my summer was complete 🙂

7. Brenda says

i know about changing servers and this kind of stuff so feel free to ask me 😀 but basically a server is the “home” of your website content. the name of your website is an easy to remember the ip for your server. it is much easier to say hey visit my website at https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com than hey visit my website at 66.147.244.204.

if you are on a shared server the resources are shared by all of the users so if you go over the set limits they have set to ensure all the websites run properly you will get a 500 error. if you change servers the best way to minimize downtime is to open an account, transfer the content, and then change the nameservers so that you can view the content during the propagation (sometimes it will go to one server and other times to another) period (usually 3 days or less.)

if you have a lot of traffic (which i can see why since your blog is awesome) i would probably recommend a vps. a vps has several users BUT it has a container. what that means is that only you use the resources allotted to you and have more control over your resources and what not.

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

Haha my blog is 66.147.244.204… Yeah, I can see how that could be a problem! 🙂

I will definitely look into vps. I appreciate the advice of internet-savvy people like you SO much. It’s really reassuring to not have to make these decisions alone, based on the little knowledge I have.

8. Frances says

Wow! These are great! I made 4 and used rice milk so they were almost calorie-free but they still tasted fabulous!
    Thanks for another great recipe Katie 😉

9. Anna Grace says

I made these with almond milk…SO SO SO good! I love them just as much as store bought fudgsicles and they have no added sugar, which is really important to me. Ahhh, I love them!

10. Ashley C says

These look sooo good!! especially since down south were having the hottest summer on record 🙁 Congrats on all the site traffic, i guess thats why my computer hasnt shown me any of your post for the last week!!! Ive got some catching up to do 🙂

11. EP says

Hi! I was just wondering if light coconut milk would also work? It was all I found in the Trader Joes. Thanks! These look delish, and my son immediately wanted me to make them!

12. jillrobin says

Just saw these posted on Pinterest! Are they very banana-y tasting? I just know when I make smoothies, the banana can make all the other fruits’ flavors disappear!

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

I am probably a bad person to ask… I don’t think they taste like banana, but I love banana so I might just not notice any weird flavor because of that. But if you don’t want the banana flavor at all, you can always try omitting and using a different sweetener like agave. I’d be curious to know how they’d taste that way! 🙂

13. Jules says

This sounds so good except for I hate bananas!!!!! Could I add more coconut milk or something?? What do you think??

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

I definitely think you can omit the banana! You’ll have to use another sweetener, though, since the banana provides the sweetness in this. I’d probably try agave in this recipe if omitting the banana. Whatever you do, I’d love to know how it turns out! 🙂

14. Amy says

i was wondering if I could leave out the bananas in this recipe. My son is allergic to bananas ( along with milk,eggs, and peanuts) but these look delicious! Would they turn out the same? thanks!

15. AccioDeluminator says

These are awesome and I think they will singlehandedly help me lose the weight by winning he battle against ice cream. Good ingenuity! I substituted evaporated milk for the coconut, which helped with the calories, and I poured them into an ice cube tray with toothpicks, for under 10 calories bites. Think I might try the coconut milk next time just to add the coconut flavor. Didn’t add any sugar and it’s still a sweet creamy treat!

16. Katherine says

Found your blog through Pinterest; this recipe looks delicious! For the people who don’t like bananas — you could try using a very ripe avocado and add a tablespoon or so of honey (or agave). It’s a popular vegan trick.

• tee says

Thanks! My kids do not like the taste of banana mixed into anything besides banana bread. I will try the avocado. Maybe between avacado and coconut milk I can put some meat on their bones!

17. Katrina says

I am making these for the second time… however, when I go to make them, I don’t always have bananas in the house. Last time, I made these with mango and this time with strawberries… Mmmm! They’re so yummy!

18. laura says

i make one of your recipes like every other day!! i love it all!!

my fave thing about summer is simply going to the beach! (i live in charleston, sc and u can visit katie anytime! :)) i love watching all the tourists and i love just taking photos! as a child we played outside daily, built random “forts” in the woods…it was awesome!

19. Mommy adventures says

I can’t wait to make these! Fudgcicles were my favorite growing up, but now I live in Australia and THERE ARE NO FUDGSICLES here!! Very sad indeed. Until now. Better make some room in my freezer….

20. Felicia says

I’m debating buying a Vitamix… I see it used on so many food blogs, and it seems super helpful. But at $100, the price is pretty steep. Is it worth the splurge, or should I just stick to my blender and food processor?