Crock Pot Sweet Potato Chili – a super easy and healthy vegetarian meal that can be thrown together in minutes!
Just add everything to the crock pot, set the timer, and go about your day.
This healthy family dinner pretty much makes itself!
It’s the perfect hot comfort food for hibernating inside during a snowstorm… like the one we experienced on the East Coast this past weekend.
On Saturday I was outside for a grand total of 10 minutes—just long enough to experience the 30-mph winds blowing sheets of snow into my face until my cheeks and nose turned the color of Taylor Swift’s lipstick.
I’d much rather be inside, snuggled up with blankets, a chocolate mug cake, and Netflix and chili.
(Netflix and Chili… see what I did there???)
You can easily vary the recipe by substituting what you have on hand – I used chickpeas and zucchini this time, but sliced carrots and black beans would also be delicious.
Feel free to add corn, cauliflower, peas, or even butternut squash if you wish. The slow cooker does all the work for you!
Crock Pot Sweet Potato Chili
- 24 oz sweet potato, cubed small (4 medium)
- 2 cups diced onion
- 3/4 cup cubed zucchini or carrot
- 2 cans (32 oz total) beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (28 oz total) diced tomatoes
- optional 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Grease your slow cooker, and place the sweet potatoes in the bottom. Stir in all other ingredients, then cover and turn the slow cooker on high. Cook 20 minutes, then stir and turn the slow cooker to low. Cook 3 hours or until sweet potatoes are soft and chili is flavorful. If your machine has a warm setting, use this setting until ready to serve.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
Trending Recipes Right Now: