This quick homemade granola bar recipe is packed with wholesome deliciousness and nutrition!
The best homemade granola bars
No Refined Sugar
Kid Friendly Recipe
Just FIVE Ingredients!
These granola bars are fun to make and customize, much cheaper than store-bought bars, and great for meal prep so you’ll always have a healthy snack on hand.
Also try this Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
Easy granola bar recipe
Making your own granola bars at home could not be easier, and this recipe gives you tons of options to suit your family’s personal dietary needs.
Can’t have peanut butter? Make the DIY granola bars with almond butter, sunbutter, coconut butter, or a regular butter spread.
Change up the flavor by throwing in a handful of mini chocolate chips, chia seeds, crushed cereal (for crunchy granola bars), or dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries, or banana.
Use pure maple syrup, honey, or agave for the sweetener and whatever flour you wish (if using coconut flour, only use enough to achieve a cookie-dough-like batter).
You can even replace some of the flour with protein powder!
How to make granola bars
Combine all of your ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Stir everything together until well-mixed, then transfer to an 8-inch pan lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
Place a second sheet of wax or parchment on top, spreading the mixture evenly into the pan until it fills the bottom.
For no bake granola bars, simply refrigerate or freeze until firm. Otherwise, preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake on the oven’s center rack for 12 minutes.
Cut into bars or squares.
Above – watch the granola bar recipe video
Chewy Granola Bar Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups quick or rolled oats (for low-carb, try these Keto Protein Bars)
- 1/2 cup butter, peanut butter, or allergy friendly sub
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup oat flour (or flour of choice)
- handful mini chocolate chips, optional
- Stir everything until well-mixed. Transfer to an 8×8 pan lined with parchment or wax paper. Place another sheet of parchment or wax over the top, smush down and spread until it fills the bottom of the pan. Either preheat the oven to 325 F and bake for 12 minutes, or simply refrigerate or freeze until firm. Cut into bars.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More healthy bar recipes
Potluck Oreo Brownie Bars, from the Hello Breakfast ebook